getting a concrete skatepark in P-burg

Posted in the Prestonsburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

United States

#1 Aug 31, 2012
I do not live in.Prestonsburg. But, if simeone can get the city council to build a REAL concrete skatepark supported by donations. Then I will donate $5,000 to begin with. Is there anyone in your town that could make this a reality for kids to have something to do beside drugs?
The original

United States

#2 Aug 31, 2012
Is there a lot of skating interest in Pburg? It is a positive idea for sure.
yep

Williamson, WV

#3 Aug 31, 2012
Make out your check and then you are believable.
The original

United States

#4 Aug 31, 2012
yep wrote:
Make out your check and then you are believable.
He is believable. A racist but believable. To each his own. Not as bad as the politicians who do nothing. Has my vote.

East Point, KY

#5 Sep 1, 2012
. I talked to Jerry Fannin earlier today and proposed getting a real concrete Skate / bmx park. I told him that I will donate 10 grand to begin with. He wants me to send him some links on some of the park builders.

I have also talked to a few other people involved with the city and all seemed to like my idea. Hopefull we can get this project done for the kids of Floyd county and Eastern Kentucky
The original

United States

#6 Sep 1, 2012
McKinley wrote:
. I talked to Jerry Fannin earlier today and proposed getting a real concrete Skate / bmx park. I told him that I will donate 10 grand to begin with. He wants me to send him some links on some of the park builders.
I have also talked to a few other people involved with the city and all seemed to like my idea. Hopefull we can get this project done for the kids of Floyd county and Eastern Kentucky
Good for you kenny. Good thing.

East Point, KY

#7 Sep 1, 2012
Thanks, Original.

I am just sick of how depressed the town seems. There shouldn't be any excuses for this project to happen. Just had a friend in Lexington send me this message.

" There's a couple skate shops here in Lexington that sponsor kids and have a huge event at the local park every year called Cosmic Invasion. I can ask my son what the actual names of the shops are for you. Maybe they will be interested in either helping build the park or sponsoring some kids from Eastern KY if the park is built.
kjl

Corbin, KY

#9 Sep 3, 2012
I used to skate and loved it and still do but of they need to make a sports complex where the old elementary school used to be with basketball baseball skate/bmx a pool and tennis or something cause archer park is shit.

United States

#10 Sep 3, 2012
Is this the type of park that you are talking about, kjl? I skated this park a couple months ago.

http://ca-huntingtonpark2.civicplus.com/index...

If Prestonsburg wanted to live up to their title of "The Star City" this would do it.

United States

#11 Sep 3, 2012
That would be the perfect place for what you are talking about, kjl. Have the skate park where that little park with the boat is. Everything in one area.

Sarasota, FL

#12 Sep 3, 2012
If someone doesn't think that this is a good idea, then it is obvious that they don't have Prestonsburg's best interest in mind or maybe they are just do nothing pissers and moaners.

Sarasota, FL

#13 Sep 3, 2012
This park is pretty sweet. Look at how clean they keep it.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM2B7G_Jor...

Sarasota, FL

#14 Sep 3, 2012

United States

#15 Sep 4, 2012
There was a Facebook page started to support this project.

https://www.facebook.com/PrestonsburgKentucky...

Sarasota, FL

#16 Sep 5, 2012
A park like this would make Prestonsburg the envy of the state and bring it out of the stone age.
http://www.norfolk.gov/rpos/skate.asp

United States

#17 Sep 5, 2012
Things are looking up for this project. We already have 48 liles on the Facebook pahe.

https://www.facebook.com/PrestonsburgKentucky...

Euless, TX

#18 Sep 7, 2012
Facebook deleted my account again. The good news is that I made someone else a administrator an hour before my account got holocausted. So, the page is still up.

Euless, TX

#19 Sep 8, 2012
If this park gets built I will donate some top notch skateboards.
Idk

Williamson, WV

#20 Sep 14, 2012
I just don't think that prestonsburg will come with the other $90,000 it's not something they see as productive & can make them money.Its something most see as a waste of a persons time. It's a good idea but most older people around here just do not get it.
SomethingToPonde rOn

Versailles, KY

#21 Sep 14, 2012
Rather than donating the money for a skate park, which was a miserable failure in Pikeville and later torn out, I'd say you use your money to build something for ALL the youth in Prestonsburg, not just the skate kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 nabbed in drug bust 2 hr BSS 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 131,883
The Alphabet Game. (Nov '12) 3 hr Jennifer Renee 2,240
Change a letter game (Aug '11) 3 hr Jennifer Renee 2,646
Two Words (Nov '13) 3 hr Jennifer Renee 1,626
~+~ Last Post Wins ~+~ (Oct '11) 4 hr Alex Nicole 3,219
floyd county jail:time to speak up 5 hr Low Plains Sodbus... 7
Prestonsburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web