First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jayjay

Anderson, SC

#1 Jul 19, 2009
The cna's thrlefe tkae more pills than the patients do. If the family doesn't keep a close eye on their family member , they will not be taken care of.alot of neglect & shit going down there.
bella

Englewood, CO

#2 Jul 19, 2009
Jayjay wrote:
The cna's thrlefe tkae more pills than the patients do. If the family doesn't keep a close eye on their family member , they will not be taken care of.alot of neglect & shit going down there.
I don't think you are right the nurses give out the pills NOT the CNA's .I know because at one time I work @ Riverview. The only place around here that let's a CNA give out pills would be the Golden Years Rest Home @ lackey.
CNA

Prestonsburg, KY

#3 Jul 20, 2009
I am a CNA there and I do not take pills or do drugs of any kind!! The nurses are the only ones that give out the meds and they do not give them to us. If you are going to talk about some place then get your facts straight. Riverview is a great place to work and all of my co-workers are great people. We all love the residents and love taking care of them!
abc

Chesapeake, VA

#4 Jul 20, 2009
i have worked at riverview my self and there is a lot of drug use and neglect that goes on they bring the drugs in they do not get them from the nurse
amy

Logan, WV

#5 Jul 20, 2009
I work at riverview health care and have for 7 years the cna's don't even give out pills the nurses do so thats how much u know
abc

Chesapeake, VA

#6 Jul 20, 2009
i did not say they got them from the med cart they bring them with them from home i know the nurses do not give them to the employs and the cma also pass out meds to the residents i worked at riverview for 4 years do not remember anyone named amy
abc123

Logan, WV

#7 Jul 20, 2009
abc wrote:
i did not say they got them from the med cart they bring them with them from home i know the nurses do not give them to the employs and the cma also pass out meds to the residents i worked at riverview for 4 years do not remember anyone named amy
it's kind of weird you know all about that.
Voice of Truth

Prestonsburg, KY

#8 Jul 20, 2009
abc wrote:
I worked there for years and agree with amy. By the way, I don't remember anyone named abc!
christian

Logan, WV

#9 Jul 20, 2009
Voice of Truth wrote:
<quoted text> I worked there for years and agree with amy. By the way, I don't remember anyone named abc!
Voice of Truth, I really think you've got a good head on your shoulders! Agree totally with you now and in the other conversations.
cna

Chesapeake, VA

#12 Aug 18, 2009
?
Crissy

Anderson, SC

#13 Aug 19, 2009
I don't thank it a good place they do not take of the people in their right I know my grandma was in their she is in the hosp right now she has got sore on her butt and it was so bad that the hosp. took pics of it so the they could not say the hosp did it they are mean to the people that are in their they was my grandma so we took her out she will be coming when she get out the hosp. I am telling you if you have someone in their you better so see about then that is not a good place to put anyone in.
Betty

Chesapeake, VA

#14 Aug 28, 2009
I worked at Riverview for A little over 3 years as with any nursing home you have some good workers and some not so good workers but they try and you have some family,s that complain no matter what you do for the resident
Resident Advocate

Clarksville, TN

#15 Aug 28, 2009
Crissy wrote:
I don't thank it a good place they do not take of the people in their right I know my grandma was in their she is in the hosp right now she has got sore on her butt and it was so bad that the hosp. took pics of it so the they could not say the hosp did it they are mean to the people that are in their they was my grandma so we took her out she will be coming when she get out the hosp. I am telling you if you have someone in their you better so see about then that is not a good place to put anyone in.
IF ITS SUCH A BAD PLACE, WHY DO FORMER RESIDENTS CALL THE NURSING HOME AND ASK IF THEY CAN COME BACK AFTER RETURNING HOME OR AFTER THEY HAVE TRANSFERRED TO A NURSING HOME CLOSER TO THEIR FAMILIES? AS FOR BED SORES, PEOPLE GET BED SORES AT HOME, DOES THAT MEAN THEIR FAMILIES ARE MEAN TO THEM OR DON'T TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM? YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE WHOLE PICTURE: SOME PEOPLE HAVE VERY DELICATE SKIN, AND NO FAT WHATSOEVER ON THEIR BONES, THESE PEOPLE COULD SLEEP ON A CLOUD AND STILL GET A BED SORE. MAYBE THEIR MEDICATION AFFECTS THE HEALTH OF THEIR SKIN. WHY DON'T YOU SPEND SOME OF YOUR TIME RESEARCHING
"MEDICAL" WEBSITES CONCERNING BED SORES INSTEAD OF BLAMING OTHER PEOPLE.
BY THE WAY, THE NURSING HOME ALSO CHECKS EACH PERSON'S SKIN (HEAD TO TOE) EACH TIME THEY LEAVE OR COME BACK. I AM NOT SAYING NO ONE HAS EVER GOTTEN A BED SORE WHILE IN THE NURSING HOME, SOME TIMES NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU TAKE CARE OF THE SKIN, CLEANING, DRYING, USING LOTIONS, OR EVEN MAKING SURE THEY ARE TURNED AS ORDERED, IS NOT GOING TO PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING. A PERSON'S HEALTH PROBLEMS AFFECTS THEIR SKIN. FOR EXAMPLE, SMOKING OR TANNING BEDS, THEY AGE THE SKIN ON YOUR FACE NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN, IT WRINKLES.
lpn

Miami, FL

#16 Aug 29, 2009
i usec to work at riverview and have worked other places and no matter where you work in this day and age unfortunately you will be dealing with drug and alcohol abusers. they are everywhere and in every vocation. as far as patient care goes you will always have people in healthcare that are there just for the paycheck. you have to judge a place on the majority not on a single incident. like resident advocate wrote there are so many factors that can lead to bed sores and most of them arent due to neglect.
cna

Chesapeake, VA

#17 Sep 22, 2009
where is it that they are looking for a D.O.N at is it riverview or the one down town
should know

Cynthiana, KY

#18 Sep 22, 2009
I worked at riverview for almost 9 years. I know of one night I was the only aid for the entire 2nd floor. They waited until i clocked in to tell me everyone called in. So here I was busting my butt trying to keep everyone turned and changed. I wished that state would have been there that night. The place should have been shut down. For being understaffed. Funny thing to me though when they would find out state was there you would see all kinds of staff. I will have to say i dont know how it is now but thats the way it was back then when i used to work there.
thats the truth

Union City, NJ

#19 Sep 23, 2009
should know wrote:
I worked at riverview for almost 9 years. I know of one night I was the only aid for the entire 2nd floor. They waited until i clocked in to tell me everyone called in. So here I was busting my butt trying to keep everyone turned and changed. I wished that state would have been there that night. The place should have been shut down. For being understaffed. Funny thing to me though when they would find out state was there you would see all kinds of staff. I will have to say i dont know how it is now but thats the way it was back then when i used to work there.
Honey, that is the god's honest truth! I also worked at riverview for 5 years. 1st and 2nd floor. I can think of atleast 3 times after I clocked in, i was informed everyone called in, and I had to do the turns and changes by myself. One night state did come in, and only 2 girls staffed on the 2nd floor. Hell, when i first started working there, I was told one girl goes down south end hall, the other goes down north end hall, and do the turns and changes by yourself. i was told by the nurse on staff, or maybe it was the CMA on staff. they didnt have a Nurse on staff for 1st floor on night shift for 2 years. A cma was forced to play nurse. Lord if state would of walked in and seen that, with just the 1 cna running the whole floor, the place would be shut down today.

this is why the residents dont get proper care. under staffed, not the Cna's fault. its the DON's fault for making schedules, knowing only 2 people were scheduled that night.
should know

Pikeville, KY

#20 Sep 24, 2009
I hear ya, I was killed working the 2nd floor by myself that night . Thats the skilled floor as well. That place dont care if you hurt yourself your a dime an a dozen to them and if they care at all about there patients like they say they do they would keep enough staff in there to help take care of them. I can also remember working nights then state pulled in and they asked all the staff to stay over to help morning shift. Lol one state lady come up to me and she new I had worked that night and stayed over she Questioned me about it and I told her the truth. They asked me to stay over to help out.
Frickin Furious

Prestonsburg, KY

#21 Sep 24, 2009
Im so glad that I came accross this thread.... my dad was put in R.V. to recoop from a stroke and was overdosed and passed away in his sleep.. he was given a double dose or more from multiple nurses there, its all on record in black and white! we havent pressed any charges yet, but please dont trust them here, they dont take care of the patients... they have no patience and are heartless...take it from me....god bless the elders that are there, may he show them mercy. I am so angered by people that go into the field of helping others but have no patience or understanding.....news flash bitches get a different job!
should know

Winchester, KY

#22 Sep 24, 2009
Frickin Furious wrote:
Im so glad that I came accross this thread.... my dad was put in R.V. to recoop from a stroke and was overdosed and passed away in his sleep.. he was given a double dose or more from multiple nurses there, its all on record in black and white! we havent pressed any charges yet, but please dont trust them here, they dont take care of the patients... they have no patience and are heartless...take it from me....god bless the elders that are there, may he show them mercy. I am so angered by people that go into the field of helping others but have no patience or understanding.....news flash bitches get a different job!
Im so sorry that has happened to your loved one..
I used to work there I know how they are. I was one of the ones that cared they dont like people like me that does care. Because they know we tell the real truth about that place.. I love and miss all my people I took care of there and I still go see them from time to time . I hate that place..
If you have a family member there make sure you do suprised visits dont let them know your coming.. They hate when you do that but its good to see if your family member is getting the right treatment. Take it from a person that knows...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Charmaine 151,816
KVE officer Darvin Marsillett 29 min Effect 15
Prestonsburg Football 1 hr RME 314
Jason Bentley (Jun '14) 6 hr Curious 5
kevin younce 11 hr maysville 1
Kevin Woods 11 hr Dumb 31
Betsy Layne Lover Man !!!! (Feb '16) Thu Kevin 27

Prestonsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages