Christain Appalachian Project Top Dog...

Christain Appalachian Project Top Dog Abby Pinson

Posted in the Prestonsburg Forum

Mary Newsome

Richmond, KY

#1 Oct 30, 2009
Does anyone know why Abby Pinson from Christain Appalachian Project on Hager Hill, KY was dismissed on her alcohol and drug charge from the Lousia Walmart during October. She is ruthless; has treated employees ruthless; now she should face the same conseqence as she has treated others. She is not fit to be in such high position of Christain organization.
Mary Newsome

Richmond, KY

#2 Oct 30, 2009
Why was Abby Pinson from Christain Appalachian Project on Hager Hill, KY dismissed on her alcohol and rug charge from the Lousia Walmart during October. Anyone else in CAP would have been fired. Why is she so protected?
sugar

Wayland, KY

#3 Oct 30, 2009
i think they should take the christain name out of cap. how many christians work there lol lol not many at all.i know abby and she is not the only one who uses alcohol that works at cap.they might call it a christian organizaion but i sure dont see it.
I Believe

Virgie, KY

#4 Oct 30, 2009
sugar wrote:
i think they should take the christain name out of cap. how many christians work there lol lol not many at all.i know abby and she is not the only one who uses alcohol that works at cap.they might call it a christian organization but i sure dont see it.
Christian I am not, but I believe. I think maybe then since this is not a religious organization, they use the name to get other God fearing people to donate to them. Seems to me someone with this woman's public image problem would be let go immediately from the organization if they truly were a christian organization.

Oh, they probably mean that they help a few Christians. I know lots of people who have needed help and couldn't get any help at all from these people. And they were good, god-fearing Christians.

So that is why they don't get any donations from me. And that is probably why they don't get a lot of help from others in a position to do so.

My help is now given on a person by person basis. I do not have the potential to reach a lot of the public, and I don't get a tax credit for it. But then, I know that the help is getting to the right person(s) and I don't give for the tax credit. So it's all good.
Janet

Switzer, WV

#5 Oct 31, 2009
How do the top people in this organization qualify for repairs to their own houses? I thought that kind of service was meant for the poor people. Just another corrupt organization in Eastern Ky.
i know

Louisa, KY

#6 Oct 31, 2009
the cap stores are as bad in louisa the employees take what they want and leave the junk for the public i have watch them carry it out by the truck loads bedroom suites table chairs also they take all the good stuff and have yard sales for their self i wont shop there its all junk my daughter took a pickup truck full of toys that her son out grew fisher price playskool ect. like new never made it to the floor a friend of mind that worked at the louisa store as soon as they came in the help took all of them she said so people donate to your church fire dept. or to a school resource center.
FiredUp

Virgie, KY

#7 Oct 31, 2009
i know wrote:
the cap stores are as bad in louisa the employees take what they want and leave the junk for the public i have watch them carry it out by the truck loads bedroom suites table chairs also they take all the good stuff and have yard sales for their self i wont shop there its all junk my daughter took a pickup truck full of toys that her son out grew fisher price playskool ect. like new never made it to the floor a friend of mind that worked at the louisa store as soon as they came in the help took all of them she said so people donate to your church fire dept. or to a school resource center.
I think that is a good thought. yes, let's donate to our local churches, and fire dept. and school resource centers. Is CAP federally funded. Maybe we should all find out and then report them and request surprise, on-site, investigations. Or stings and setup operations where they donate stuff and put a simple tracker device into it to see where it journeys. yes, I am going to call now. Let them get caught red-handed with their stolen goods. No matter what you say, that stuff would be classified as stolen.
billybob

Inez, KY

#9 Oct 31, 2009
aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a great idea!!
I know for afact they indeed take thos eitems donated home. I have also seen certain churches come pick up items for their community and not notify the community about the items, and then hand those items out to the 5 people on teh church book or family members.
Ive even seen quite a few churches actually go through with the cap rule of notifying the community, but beforehand they take what they want from the stash before the public arrives.
I think the whole process is underhanded and those involved are snakes. Ask your self are CAP items really worth going to hell over?
I also agree they are a sorry outfit that those in leadership accepts kick backs from all the vendor that they do business. An insurance agent told me they would not even let him quote on their insurance even though he had a company that specialized in non profit organizations. The reason i am sure they were not interested in saving the good people money have give to them out of the goodness of their heart-no I am sure some agent gave someone in the position of taking care of the insurance a kick back (that old green stuff) to stay with agent. They greased somones hands
Diana

Inez, KY

#10 Oct 31, 2009
I Believe wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian I am not, but I believe. I think maybe then since this is not a religious organization, they use the name to get other God fearing people to donate to them. Seems to me someone with this woman's public image problem would be let go immediately from the organization if they truly were a christian organization.
Oh, they probably mean that they help a few Christians. I know lots of people who have needed help and couldn't get any help at all from these people. And they were good, god-fearing Christians.
So that is why they don't get any donations from me. And that is probably why they don't get a lot of help from others in a position to do so.
My help is now given on a person by person basis. I do not have the potential to reach a lot of the public, and I don't get a tax credit for it. But then, I know that the help is getting to the right person(s) and I don't give for the tax credit. So it's all good.
I agree I have heard they will not buy a package of chips or a can of pop unless somone gives them a kick back like someone said on another post. The are corrupt and need to be investigated by the FBI for corruption
Sherry

Atlanta, GA

#11 Nov 1, 2009
CAP has saved me and my family. If it weren't for this organization we would not have a home fit to live in. I am very thankful for everything they have done for me and my family and many other people in the community.
judge not

Staffordsville, KY

#12 Nov 1, 2009
Mary Newsome wrote:
Does anyone know why Abby Pinson from Christain Appalachian Project on Hager Hill, KY was dismissed on her alcohol and drug charge from the Lousia Walmart during October. She is ruthless; has treated employees ruthless; now she should face the same conseqence as she has treated others. She is not fit to be in such high position of Christain organization.
Abby,is one of the sweetest lady's I know.She is the top of the list as a counselor.Maybe she is'nt guilty of what you are saying about her...
another believer

Winchester, KY

#13 Nov 2, 2009
I Believe wrote:
<quoted text>
you may not get a tax credit, like it would be so much anyway right. but in the end u will get rewarded somehow through God. your heart is in the right place, thanks for helping those whom u have
Olivia Abbys DAUGHTER

Salyersville, KY

#14 Jun 27, 2011
You people need to get your facts straight before running your mouth. If you knew anything you would know that they found her NOT GUILTY and dismissed that charge. She resigned because she had to take care of her sisters kids because she went to rehab. and her sister is the reason she was even arrested that night because she shop lifted. My mom passed every drug and alcohol test they gave her. So once again, before you low lives go running your mouth get your facts straight...shes done more for this region than any of you all could even think about doing. Do you all have nothing better to do? Karmas a bitch...remember that.
phyllis

Staffordsville, KY

#15 Jun 27, 2011
GOOD For you Olivia!!!! We love Abby,wish so much she still worked there-helped my daughter more than anyone ever has!!! She still ask when "Miss Abby" is coming back...Keep your head held high Abby~~ The world could use a lot more people with a caring heart like your's..WE LOVE & MISS YOU!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min So true 143,027
Vote No CONway Goveror 2 hr Shameful 3
Alanis carrol 9 hr Jordan 1
Stranger Danger 10 hr Have a good day 6
Debbie Woods 11 hr Coyote 1
Is, Have a Good Day a stalker and a pervert? 13 hr Have a good day 4
Learn To Love Yourself 13 hr EndTheHate 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages