Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#66043 Aug 3, 2012
That of course was by CCR

Since: Oct 11

Murray, KY

#66045 Aug 3, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
Nice Blueminer!
Let's fire one up and listen to...Bad Moon Rising
http://youtu.be/4YlTUDnsWMo

Murray, KY

#66048 Aug 3, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
If i could sing...John Fogerty is the voice I'd like to have!wow!

Scotts Vegas

#66053 Aug 3, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>
If i could sing...John Fogerty is the voice I'd like to have!wow!
He's good. I was listening to some talk show once and someone asserted John F was a very insightful prophet. That practically nobody realized the profoundness of his material.

I never gave it any thought til now.
trusted

New Haven, KY

#66060 Aug 3, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
I see the bad moon rising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
I see bad times today.
Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise.
I hear hurricanes a blowing.
I know the end is coming soon.
I fear rivers over flowing.
I hear the voice of rage and ruin.
Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
All right!
Hope you got your things together.
Hope you are quite prepared to die.
Looks like we're in for nasty weather.
One eye is taken for an eye.
Don't go around tonight,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
Don't go around tonight,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
There's a bad moon on the ris
Great song , one of my fav's

Scotts Vegas

#66061 Aug 3, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Nature's medal winners
If there were an animal Olympic Games who would hold the records?
The peregrine falcon - whose diet consists almost exclusively of medium-sized birds, and occasionally small mammals reptiles, or even insects - is renowned for its speed, reaching more than 200 mph during its characteristic high-speed dive, making it easily the fastest member of the animal kingdom.
The cheetah is easily the quickest thing on legs, achieving by far the fastest land speed of any animal - between 70 and 75 mph in short bursts covering distances up to 1,600 feet, and has the ability to accelerate from 0 to more than 62 mph in only three seconds
The sphingidae, or hawk moth as it is more commonly known, is reckoned to be the fastest flying insect. Some of the species are capable of flying at more than 30 mph and they have a wingspan of 35 to 150 millimeters. Hawk moths have been studied for their flying ability, especially their ability to move rapidly from side to side while hovering, called "swing-hovering."
The ostrich, a large flightless bird native to Africa, is distinctive in its appearance, with a long neck and legs. Those legs help the bird, which is also the largest living species of bird (and lays the largest egg of any living bird), run at maximum speeds of about 43 mph.
Ctenosaura, or spinytail iguanas, range in size (total length, including the tail) from about 10 inches to well over three feet and have enlarged, spiny scales on the tail. The world-record sprint speed for lizards (21.5 mph) was attained by the Costa Rican spiny-tailed iguana (Ctenosaura similis).
It may come as little surprise that greyhounds are the quickest dogs on the planet. Much money exchanges hands on races, and a combination of long, powerful legs, deep chest, flexible spine and slim build allows greyhounds to reach average race speeds in excess of 59 feet per second or 39 mph.
Sailfish are the quickest fish in the world - and what is more amazing is that they can keep pace with the cheetahs on land. The fish, which are found living in warmer sections of all the oceans of the world, can swim as fast as 70 mph.
The spotted hyena combines bone-crushing premolars with large jaw muscles and a special vaulting to protect the skull against large forces - these characteristics give the animal a powerful bite that can exert a pressure of 11,400 lbf/inē, which is 40 percent more force than a leopard can generate. The jaws of the spotted hyena outmatch those of the brown bear in bone-crushing ability.
The tropical species of mite Archegozetes longisetosus is one of the strongest animals in the world, relative to its mass. The little animals can lift up to 1,182 times their own weight - over five times more than would be expected of such a minute animal
In brute strength, elephants are the strongest mammals and can carry the biggest loads in the world. African elephants, the largest living terrestrial animals, can weigh up to 13,970 pounds and they can carry up to 19,800 pounds, which is the weight of about 130 adult humans.
http://samsungglobalblogger.us.msn.com/Galler...
Nature's Olympics. lol
One of the events Robins seem to compete in is The last second Fly-across.

I have noticed more than any other bird, robins seem to like getting close to the bumper. Through the years at least four or five have crashed into my car.

Murray, KY

#66065 Aug 3, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
Fairies wear boots. Dont you blue?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YyYRfRF1NJsXX
Black Sabbath...
Back in the day man!
If I could time travel? Dang!
What a trip I'd take.
trusted

New Haven, KY

#66070 Aug 3, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Every day above ground is a good day. Thanks for the good wishes. You sure are nice. You must be a "real" person.
thanks so much. I want to be , maybe I will make it there someday. If I cant make life perfect then maybe I can at least uplift someone else's.

Scotts Vegas

#66074 Aug 3, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Nature's medal winners
If there were an animal Olympic Games who would hold the records?
The peregrine falcon - whose diet consists almost exclusively of medium-sized birds, and occasionally small mammals reptiles, or even insects - is renowned for its speed, reaching more than 200 mph during its characteristic high-speed dive, making it easily the fastest member of the animal kingdom.
The cheetah is easily the quickest thing on legs, achieving by far the fastest land speed of any animal - between 70 and 75 mph in short bursts covering distances up to 1,600 feet, and has the ability to accelerate from 0 to more than 62 mph in only three seconds
The sphingidae, or hawk moth as it is more commonly known, is reckoned to be the fastest flying insect. Some of the species are capable of flying at more than 30 mph and they have a wingspan of 35 to 150 millimeters. Hawk moths have been studied for their flying ability, especially their ability to move rapidly from side to side while hovering, called "swing-hovering."
The ostrich, a large flightless bird native to Africa, is distinctive in its appearance, with a long neck and legs. Those legs help the bird, which is also the largest living species of bird (and lays the largest egg of any living bird), run at maximum speeds of about 43 mph.
Ctenosaura, or spinytail iguanas, range in size (total length, including the tail) from about 10 inches to well over three feet and have enlarged, spiny scales on the tail. The world-record sprint speed for lizards (21.5 mph) was attained by the Costa Rican spiny-tailed iguana (Ctenosaura similis).
It may come as little surprise that greyhounds are the quickest dogs on the planet. Much money exchanges hands on races, and a combination of long, powerful legs, deep chest, flexible spine and slim build allows greyhounds to reach average race speeds in excess of 59 feet per second or 39 mph.
Sailfish are the quickest fish in the world - and what is more amazing is that they can keep pace with the cheetahs on land. The fish, which are found living in warmer sections of all the oceans of the world, can swim as fast as 70 mph.
The spotted hyena combines bone-crushing premolars with large jaw muscles and a special vaulting to protect the skull against large forces - these characteristics give the animal a powerful bite that can exert a pressure of 11,400 lbf/inē, which is 40 percent more force than a leopard can generate. The jaws of the spotted hyena outmatch those of the brown bear in bone-crushing ability.
The tropical species of mite Archegozetes longisetosus is one of the strongest animals in the world, relative to its mass. The little animals can lift up to 1,182 times their own weight - over five times more than would be expected of such a minute animal
In brute strength, elephants are the strongest mammals and can carry the biggest loads in the world. African elephants, the largest living terrestrial animals, can weigh up to 13,970 pounds and they can carry up to 19,800 pounds, which is the weight of about 130 adult humans.
http://samsungglobalblogger.us.msn.com/Galler...
Nature's Olympics. lol
Elephants are great workers! And they work for peanuts. If you do an elephant a favor he never forgets it and will always pay you back.
IMPOSTER

London, KY

#66077 Aug 3, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Should you call the Poison Control Center if you think you've overdosed on Cuteness?
Call them, I just overdosed on you.

Murray, KY

#66078 Aug 3, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =y-ZUI7WRr5UXX
Your OK Imposter!
I can't go watch the Olympics...cause I can't stop reading/listening
to your posts!
Thanks most enjoyable!
tofy

Scotts Vegas

#66086 Aug 3, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Are you drunk?
Pack your trunk and go away, infernal pachyderm. Elephants stink worse than mules.
Elephants, in pretty much the same way as camels and horses, are among some of Gods greatest gifts to man.

Like BIRDS elephants have excellent memory.
trusted

New Haven, KY

#66087 Aug 3, 2012
Day and Night to you all.. I have been traveling all day and the storms were raging in many areas. Not to bad though. What happens , when you stop turning to others? Maybe you are better off? Maybe not. Maybe we change ourself's to please others too much. Just for tonight I am me , and you are you. So glad to know you...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#66088 Aug 3, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
I wonder if there is any connection here? 225 degrees is the perfect cooking temp of Humpaburns Weber Bullet Smoker. Hum!
Hi sweetie

Murray, KY

#66097 Aug 3, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the most brilliant comment ever posted on any forum, anywhere.
I swear man ROFLMAO. Ti's unbelievable. How? LOL How ? Where do you get them?
I swallowed scoal on that one. Brilliant!
Bwaaaahahahahahaaa
No wonder she blew a gasket.
I agree that was a work of art!
needs to be in topix Hall of Fame.
IMPOSTER

London, KY

#66102 Aug 3, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that was a work of art!
needs to be in topix Hall of Fame.
I have been on the forums for years and that was the best one I have ever read.
That TUF is one guy I would hate to go up against. LMAO
He could roast an Eskimo's nutz!

I thought I was the shlit until I met up with him.
He's a good one to have on your side, but man I swear, I wouldn't want to cross him!

They pulled out a big troll killer on him, Una blasted his a$$ to the moon in three or four comments! The guy hasn't shown his face since. LMMFAO
Ya'll have a good'n.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#66103 Aug 3, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi sweetie
Hi Miss E. That silly ol' Bluewhiner was typing mean things about Teddy again and got deleted. Hehehehe.

Murray, KY

#66104 Aug 3, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi sweetie
This ones for you...M E F
Secret Garden
http://youtu.be/xtMhtMc1GW8
trusted

New Haven, KY

#66107 Aug 3, 2012
Nite my friends, here is you all one for the bed bug..
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.~Les Brown
The difference between try and triumph is a little umph. So keep trying all...
trusted

New Haven, KY

#66111 Aug 4, 2012
got to start sleep'n...

Hear the lonesome whiperwill
He sounds too blue to fly
The midnight train is whining low
Im so lonesome I could cry

Ive never seen a night so long
When time goes crawling by
The moon just went behind a cloud
To hide it's face and cry

Did you ever see a robin weep
When leaves begin to die
That means he's lost the will to live

The silence of a falling star
Lights up a purple sky
And as I wonder where you are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greg Stumbo and Keith Bartley Pick their candid... 2 hr Greg 14
does ne one know who to get hold of gleme yates (Apr '11) 3 hr Greg 3
Is there any 3 hr BBH 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Patriot 166,315
Prestonsburg to scrimmage Johnson Central 10 hr 3itchgotcash 19
Blackcats 2017 season 11 hr Shawnda 6
Dalton Caudill 11 hr Les 41

Prestonsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages