Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,704

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#65791 Aug 1, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
SURELY...The PowerfulOz anticipates my inquiry...?
Shouldn't the PowerOz know the answer to his own question?
So, you must know all about mining then, huh?
I ask a legit question. If you don't know admit it, and someone else can answer the question.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#65794 Aug 1, 2012
PowerfulOz wrote:
<quoted text>So, you must know all about mining then, huh?
I ask a legit question. If you don't know admit it, and someone else can answer the question.
OK I admit it...WOOOOOAH! I was about to type that and went into a trance all I got was time...TIME!!! TIME KILLED THE BIRDS! Time maketh the birds and time taketh the birds!....time
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65795 Aug 1, 2012
Been out trying to break up a chicken fight. I hope it is peaceful in here for a while.

It surely is difficult trying to get 2 roosters to shake hands and make up, but the Peacemaker was successful.

Seems as how the greedy big rooster wanted to keep all the hens to himself when he had more than he could possibly service. You would think he would let the young rooster at least have that one ugly hen. LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#65796 Aug 1, 2012
PowerfulOz wrote:
<quoted text>So, you must know all about mining then, huh?
Really, I don't think anyone knows the real reason the birds are dying. People have theories, always but nobody knows.
few

Chicago, IL

#65799 Aug 1, 2012
The birds will not drink tap water out of a faucet in nicholasville. I filter my water and they drink it now. What's up with that?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65802 Aug 1, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@UNA.... You asked
"Scruff, do you get enough eggs to off set the cost of feed?"
I am here to tell you that you will not call me a drunk and a lush, poke fun of my faith in the CREATOR, Slur other decent posters and then go so far as to claim I am doing the nasty with my chickens, and then expect me to respond to a 1/2 way civil question just to fuel your future derogatory comments and slurs.
You are not Great, you are the late one. As far as I am concerned you and any of your minions DO NOT EXIST and I will continue to post but will respond to nothing from you and I will reply only to posters that display some respect for other people.
You must need a second dose.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#65805 Aug 1, 2012
Hi baby boy.
Momma's here!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#65809 Aug 1, 2012
Blueminers Mommy wrote:
Hi baby boy.
Momma's here!
LMAO. Let the Oracle speak.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#65811 Aug 1, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>You know what? You are right. Those scum bags killed a human being, where is the big topic about that?
This world is all kinds of screwed up Pete.
I personally think that public hangings should be brought back. Scum bags like those killers would make a fine double hanging.
A man was (allegedly) murdered near my hometown last year by his niece and her boyfriend. They (allegedly) duct taped him to a chair in his own living room while they emptied his bank account buying drugs. He (allegedly) slowly died of dehydration while they left him there waiting for his next disability check to be available on his bank card.
I say they should both be publicly hanged if convicted.
Pretty birds and lovely stories about squabs, indeed.
For once I have to agree with you Pete. Its really screwed up that a humans life being taken garners less discussion that a few birds dying.
Thanks for your reply. When public hangings were discontinued, then Gov. Happy Chandler said, "The streets will no longer be safe".

Unfortunately, hanging someone will not bring back the loved ones lost to acts of murder. The hangings were discontinued after articles were written in Chicago newspapers, among others, describing the carnival-like atmosphere during the last public hanging in Owensboro, Ky., 1936

IMPOSTER

Manchester, KY

#65817 Aug 1, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your reply. When public hangings were discontinued, then Gov. Happy Chandler said, "The streets will no longer be safe".
Unfortunately, hanging someone will not bring back the loved ones lost to acts of murder. The hangings were discontinued after articles were written in Chicago newspapers, among others, describing the carnival-like atmosphere during the last public hanging in Owensboro, Ky., 1936
Do you know anything else about the woman that was murdered? What kind of person she was, things like that?

The man I commented about was a real human being. He would give someone the shirt off his back, even though he lived very frugal himself. He rode around on a bicycle picking up cans for extra money. He had saved most of his disability money. The dopers (allegedly)went through what took him years to save, in weeks.
I think public hangings were a good thing from many perspectives. The public could see the judgements carried out in capitol crimes. And possible capital criminals could see the results of heinous actions in person.
The closed door lethal injections of today are lacking those qualities.
I say if they are to be executed anyway, hang 'em high, for all to see. Right on the courthouse lawn.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65819 Aug 1, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Really, I don't think anyone knows the real reason the birds are dying. People have theories, always but nobody knows.
It seems odd to have happened 40 miles from the nations ONLY gaseous diffusion plant. The Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant provides uranium enrichment for nuclear power plants in America, and around the world.
IMPOSTER

Manchester, KY

#65820 Aug 1, 2012
Public hangings may have made people on jurys think hard before handing down a guilty verdict.
And also made criminals think hard about stealing a horse. Or committing other capitol crimes.

My county still has a law on the books stating that stealing a horse is a hanging offense.
Of course its not observed, but its still there all the same.
IMPOSTER

Manchester, KY

#65823 Aug 1, 2012
Looks like none of the big heated regular crew cared much at all about the poor woman that was murdered Pete.
I hope you took notice of that fact.
Tell your friends.
Sometimes the man yelling wolf actually seen a wolf. And called it like he seen it.

In other words: Told it like it was.

It is what it is Pete.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65824 Aug 1, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>It seems odd to have happened 40 miles from the nations ONLY gaseous diffusion plant. The Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant provides uranium enrichment for nuclear power plants in America, and around the world.
Sounds like Uranium Oxide Hexafluoride Gas was released.{UF6}

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65826 Aug 1, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know anything else about the woman that was murdered? What kind of person she was, things like that?
The man I commented about was a real human being. He would give someone the shirt off his back, even though he lived very frugal himself. He rode around on a bicycle picking up cans for extra money. He had saved most of his disability money. The dopers (allegedly)went through what took him years to save, in weeks.
I think public hangings were a good thing from many perspectives. The public could see the judgements carried out in capitol crimes. And possible capital criminals could see the results of heinous actions in person.
The closed door lethal injections of today are lacking those qualities.
I say if they are to be executed anyway, hang 'em high, for all to see. Right on the courthouse lawn.
The lady that was murdered was a very good person, just as you described, and was poor and defenseless as well. She practically raised her nephew. Having narrowly escaped being blown away in a tornado, which demolished her home, she moved in with her nephew and his wife. Their acts of cruelty to her were mentioned later, by various acquaintances, after their arrest.
IMPOSTER

London, KY

#65828 Aug 1, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>The lady that was murdered was a very good person, just as you described, and was poor and defenseless as well. She practically raised her nephew. Having narrowly escaped being blown away in a tornado, which demolished her home, she moved in with her nephew and his wife. Their acts of cruelty to her were mentioned later, by various acquaintances, after their arrest.
The people who killed her should be publicly hanged for all to see.
The man I commented on had let his niece and her boyfriend into his home for no other reason than to help them out. They (allegedly) taped him to an easy chair and let him die in misery. For money! They took a human life for money.

Off on a tangent now.
The world is screwed. More and more everyday. Can you imagine whats going to happen when people start to get hungry? I mean really hungry?
I am considering heading into the mountains to live as a hermit for the rest of my days. I don't know what you western Ky fellows are going to do. You have the land between the lakes, but that will fill up fast. Best of luck when the SHTF Pete.
I hope you are a gun owner.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65829 Aug 1, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>The people who killed her should be publicly hanged for all to see.
The man I commented on had let his niece and her boyfriend into his home for no other reason than to help them out. They (allegedly) taped him to an easy chair and let him die in misery. For money! They took a human life for money.
Off on a tangent now.
The world is screwed. More and more everyday. Can you imagine whats going to happen when people start to get hungry? I mean really hungry?
I am considering heading into the mountains to live as a hermit for the rest of my days. I don't know what you western Ky fellows are going to do. You have the land between the lakes, but that will fill up fast. Best of luck when the SHTF Pete.
I hope you are a gun owner.
I tried to be a hermit 4 or 5 times, society wouldn't support it.
IMPOSTER

Manchester, KY

#65831 Aug 1, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>I tried to be a hermit 4 or 5 times, society wouldn't support it.
LMAO-
You must not have ever watched grizzly Addams.
I have put into society and paid that evil FICA man for the biggest part of my life. Where is FICA now, when I need it?

Its almost MY time. I could do it. I HAVE done it for months before. In six more years I will go, for good.
As long as the S don't HTF sooner, that is.

The human world is getting uglier and uglier. At least you know where you stand against a bear or a copperhead. I am fortunate enough to live in a place that could sustain me indefinitely if need be.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65833 Aug 1, 2012
Grizzly Adams never had kidney stones.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#65836 Aug 1, 2012
Hi, all, great night to you , as I pray your day has been also. It has been a long one , to say the least. May the song birds, sing to you with sweet harmony and fill your soul with happy slumber.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min SNYB 131,545
Best Food in P burg? 41 min Fine Foods 10
House Dems unveil agenda for 2015 session 1 hr The Bear777 12
Blackcats Football (Nov '13) 1 hr floydcountypatriot 14
Haunted Places in Floyd County? (Aug '09) 4 hr American 75
LAYNE HOUSE - need help 11 hr MAMAKIDD 1
Frank Collins robin lafferty ? 20 hr I wonder 1
Prestonsburg Dating
Find my Match

Prestonsburg People Search