Prestonsburg City Elections

Posted in the Prestonsburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just Curious

Pikeville, KY

#1 Aug 21, 2012
There are a lot of people running for City COuncil this year. All of the current council and many new names. I think the council race is extremely important for the betterment of Prestonsburg. I have just moved here and am curious as to who are the top canidates and why.
City employee

United States

#2 Aug 21, 2012
I'm goung to give you an opinion
Harry Adams. He fight for employees
Dave gearheart wants growth
Les Stapleton big on community events
Brent garden. Economics man
Don Willis economics man
Fred goble. For the people
Not sure who else to recommend.
Definatley don't vote for
Tim Cooley. Hes a liar and a coward
Tim Vandyne. He's a crook
Roy Roberts. In it just to cause trouble. This town needs people willing to take chances for tomorrow. For our future. GROWTH. Not as a chance for personal gain or to get even with someone.
Just Curious

Pikeville, KY

#3 Aug 22, 2012
Thanks. This will help some. Should I not consider the canidates that you didnt mention? They are:

Carolyn Ford
Bob Carpenter
Adam Williamson
Benji Ferguson
Harry Adams
Cliff Latta
B.D. Nunnery

With you being a city employee, your insights will be more valuable than others, so I am hoping that you can provide more feedback.
City employee

United States

#4 Aug 22, 2012
Carolyn is the mayors ex mother in law. Just there to fight
Bob carpenter there for himself and fire chief son ONLY. Doesn't care for anyone else
Benji supper guy. Just and ole drunk
Don't know Adam and cliff
Bd fights against every attempt for growth
Harry is for the working people
Just curious

Pikeville, KY

#5 Aug 22, 2012
So I need to consider voting for:

1) Harry Adams
2) David Gearheart
3) Don Willis
4) Fred Goble
5) Brent Graden
6) Les Stapleton
7) Cliff Latta
8) Adam Williamson

And I need to vote against:
1) Roy Roberts
2) Carolyn Ford
3) Tim Cooley
4) Tim Vandine
5) Bob Carpenter
6) Benji Ferguson
7) BD Nunnery

Thanks again. I would appreciate any more suggestions or information that you could help me with. I want to contribute to a few of the canidates
Just curious

Pikeville, KY

#6 Aug 22, 2012
Is the mayor's race this year?
City employee

United States

#7 Aug 22, 2012
Mayor doesn't run this year.
Just Curious

Pikeville, KY

#8 Aug 23, 2012
Thanks for your help. Prestonsburg seems like a nice town that wants to remain behind the neighboring towns. Seems there is a lot of apathy.Maybe it is more forward thinking than I realize.

Does the city take care of their employees? Too many towns have a large number of employees(family,friends, etc.) where a smaller, more qualified and better compensated staff would excel. I was truly disappointed in the professionalism of the staff at the dump they call city hall. I am glad I only had to go there once.
jollyroger

Hartland, MI

#9 Aug 23, 2012
Just Curious wrote:
Thanks for your help. Prestonsburg seems like a nice town that wants to remain behind the neighboring towns. Seems there is a lot of apathy.Maybe it is more forward thinking than I realize.
Does the city take care of their employees? Too many towns have a large number of employees(family,friends, etc.) where a smaller, more qualified and better compensated staff would excel. I was truly disappointed in the professionalism of the staff at the dump they call city hall. I am glad I only had to go there once.
Come on. They may be slow but they aren't dumb enough to believe you are that stupid that you get on topix to get political info. It's no different than any small town with no oversight. If you truly had lived other places you would know that.
Johnny H

United States

#10 Aug 25, 2012
Just curious wrote:
So I need to consider voting for:
1) Harry Adams
2) David Gearheart
3) Don Willis
4) Fred Goble
5) Brent Graden
6) Les Stapleton
7) Cliff Latta
8) Adam Williamson
And I need to vote against:
1) Roy Roberts
2) Carolyn Ford
3) Tim Cooley
4) Tim Vandine
5) Bob Carpenter
6) Benji Ferguson
7) BD Nunnery
Thanks again. I would appreciate any more suggestions or information that you could help me with. I want to contribute to a few of the canidates
Harry a joke Roy Roberts 100 per cent over big head Harry
Pburg Citizen

United States

#11 Aug 25, 2012
Johnny H wrote:
<quoted text>Harry a joke Roy Roberts 100 per cent over big head Harry
I don't see how you think Harry's a joke. How about you elaborate more? I've known Harry most all my life,and he's a great man,he'd help anybody that needs it. And I agree with what the other poster said,Harry is for the working man.
Hardline

South Lyon, MI

#12 Aug 25, 2012
What did any of the sitting council members accomplish during their last term? I would like to hear somthing. If all they are doing is balancing the budget and keeping the city running then that is fine. Just don't run on progress and nothing happen like last time. I don't care about them being good fellas. They aren't voted in to be good fellas.
Facts

United States

#13 Aug 25, 2012
Bd. nunnery. Tim Cooley. Roy Roberts all voted acainst a new sportsplex. They shot down other businesses coming to town. Tim Cooley voted for a tax increase. Bob carpenter is only there to protect his sons job who is horrible at his job. Harry can be a smart ass. But he stands up for what he believes in. He's never lied to us employees. If he doesn't think something's a good idea. He'll tell you. Tim Cooley has been caught in several lies. He keeps pushing to get things for the rescue squad. Poor ole don Willis is just there. He does come in once a week and go over all bills. Nobodys ever done that.

Since: Apr 08

Springfield, NJ

#14 Aug 25, 2012
Harry Adams is a stand up person. He has tried to get things done in Prestonsburg (like trying to get a water park for where kids would have something to do besides drugs). But, the do nothing losers on the county & city councils keep being the losers that they are. He is involved in the community.
Just Curious

Prestonsburg, KY

#15 Aug 26, 2012
I would like to keep the discussion to the positive aspect of each canidate. Which ones have tried the hardest and which ones promise the most hope for a new direction?
Fvhk

Socorro, NM

#16 Aug 26, 2012
How does David Gearhart do anything without his mind mommy?
blade

Lebanon, KY

#17 Aug 26, 2012
Harry aDAMS IS THE sorriest one on he council the city is in bad shape grass griowing in the sidewalk down town. Bobby wears to many hats. the police stay in a pack patrol all of the city.

Since: Apr 08

Springfield, NJ

#18 Aug 26, 2012
If you are going to bad mouth someone, at the very least you should use your real name.
Facts

Macon, GA

#19 Aug 26, 2012
I kind of agree with blade. My only argument is bobby wears to many hats because he chooses to. He has smart people able to do some of his jobs. He chooses to do it all because he's a self righteous glory hood control freak. He's afraid if ANYONE saw that others can do his job they'd get rid of him. The problem is he doesn't do ANY OF THEM well. Everything he's involved in is screwed up. He's running PFD into his church has less then ten people attending. He's a joke and his daddy is on counsel to help keep his job. Do your own research folks. You'll find the truth.
Just Curious

Pikeville, KY

#21 Aug 27, 2012
Isnt the Mayor in charge of appointing/hiring the people who manage the fire, polic, utilities etc? Wouldnt poor performance (if so)fall under the Mayor;s responibilites? Who is the city manager and is he/she a direct hire by the Mayor or approved by the council.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr CriminakForever 156,617
PHS bullying Player Quits 5 hr Freda 39
Jerry Butcher Principal, PHS (Jul '13) 12 hr Deacon third eye 83
Petition to boot John DeRossett. 14 hr Tara 14
BCW Wrestling 20 hr Abdullah the But... 40
Will pay 50$ for a ride to Ashland asap.. Fri Cruise 4
Drug testing... Dec 8 parent 2 2

Prestonsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages