First Prev
of 33
Next Last
Outraged

Logan, WV

#1 Feb 9, 2011
What kind of cult is this? Plans to set a sex scene in a "house of worship"? It is unbelievable that Christians would attend a Sunday morning church service to see and hear this. There are appropriate times for learning private matters and this is not one of them! The article and picture in the Floyd County Times is a sad sign of the times.
HUH

Hoboken, NJ

#2 Feb 9, 2011
WOW u have got to be kidding me? No way?
Teacher

Williamson, WV

#3 Feb 9, 2011
cult indeed folks that could not get their way at other respected churches....the old story... I'll take my ball and creat my own game so I will be king and get my way!!!
outraged squared

Lenore, WV

#4 Feb 9, 2011
I applaud this church for at least trying to do something different instead of the burned out fire and brimstone bullshit everyone else is spouting.

Seems like the normal policy of shutting your eyes and ears about sex haven't worked out so well, considering all the pastors and priests fucking children lately.

I guess you guys probably approve of that sort of thing though.
teacher

Williamson, WV

#5 Feb 9, 2011
outraged squared wrote:
I applaud this church for at least trying to do something different instead of the burned out fire and brimstone bullshit everyone else is spouting.
Seems like the normal policy of shutting your eyes and ears about sex haven't worked out so well, considering all the pastors and priests fucking children lately.
You R a sick person Sick Sick !!
FX LEACH

Fenton, MI

#6 Feb 9, 2011
teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
You R a sick person Sick Sick !!
I really hope you aren't a real teacher.
christian

Corbin, KY

#7 Feb 9, 2011
IF this is true about that church, then they will have to pay in the end for teaching such stuff in Gods house. Sinners need to be taught about hell, it is the truth and the truth will set you free.
outraged squared

Lenore, WV

#8 Feb 9, 2011
christian wrote:
IF this is true about that church, then they will have to pay in the end for teaching such stuff in Gods house. Sinners need to be taught about hell, it is the truth and the truth will set you free.
Unless that truth is about sex. That is the bad kind of truth. We need to talk about the good truth...burning in hell.
seriously

Williamson, WV

#9 Feb 9, 2011
This message that will be taught is about PURE sex. People get your mind out of the gutter. PURE sex as in the kind meant between husband and wife. Geez it's amazing how much we are all influenced by advertising. Did you ever think this was a way to pull people in?? Sex needs to be talked about in church. Look at the divorce rate and the number of teen pregnancies. It's so funny how people see the word sex and run with it...PURE sex!!! I for one am going. At least someone's trying to address the issues in this place using the word of God!
Truth will prevail

Kermit, WV

#10 Feb 9, 2011
This church is not uppity. This church teaches that Jesus died on a cross for our sins, rose from the grave and is our companion. There is no dress code, wonderful singing, a band, drums, wonderful sound system, comfortable chairs, clean family parties, have donuts and coffee waiting for you on Sunday a.m. Dr. Lee Boyd tells it like it is and discusses topics straight from the Bible. He baptizes in a horse trough and the teenagers and children are drawn to the message as it is presented and are getting baptized! Much better than drugs....
Please don't judge. Visit the church and you will WANT to go to Church. Truly you will look forward to Sunday.
Old Time Religion

Harold, KY

#11 Feb 9, 2011
Doing something different doesn't necessarily mean something is appropriate. I have been to that church and many other churches, and there is nothing really unique about it. The music is ok, but is too loud and modernizing the gospel is no great accomplishment. I wonder how they will "tactfully" deal with the sin of homosexuality since they have some in their core group.
mhmmm

Virgie, KY

#12 Feb 9, 2011
Old Time Religion wrote:
Doing something different doesn't necessarily mean something is appropriate. I have been to that church and many other churches, and there is nothing really unique about it. The music is ok, but is too loud and modernizing the gospel is no great accomplishment. I wonder how they will "tactfully" deal with the sin of homosexuality since they have some in their core group.
I dont think they should "deal" at all with the "core group." That is the job of the creator, himself. However, I would hope that in their "pure sex" sermon that they would include sex & marriage as defined in the bible between a man and a woman. I havent been to this church, but applaud them if they are teaching on issues in the world and not becoming like or conforming to the world.
true

Williamson, WV

#13 Feb 9, 2011
mhmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think they should "deal" at all with the "core group." That is the job of the creator, himself. However, I would hope that in their "pure sex" sermon that they would include sex & marriage as defined in the bible between a man and a woman. I havent been to this church, but applaud them if they are teaching on issues in the world and not becoming like or conforming to the world.
Beautifully said.
I can guarantee that that marriage will be defined between a man and woman in these sermons.
Oh Please

Belfry, KY

#14 Feb 9, 2011
Truth will prevail wrote:
This church is not uppity. This church teaches that Jesus died on a cross for our sins, rose from the grave and is our companion. There is no dress code, wonderful singing, a band, drums, wonderful sound system, comfortable chairs, clean family parties, have donuts and coffee waiting for you on Sunday a.m. Dr. Lee Boyd tells it like it is and discusses topics straight from the Bible. He baptizes in a horse trough and the teenagers and children are drawn to the message as it is presented and are getting baptized! Much better than drugs....
Please don't judge. Visit the church and you will WANT to go to Church. Truly you will look forward to Sunday.
You are obviously a member there. Spare us the promo for your church. The issue is not whether the Churches should teach the Biblical truth about sexuality, they should and many do. The issue is when and how do you teach about it. To go to the local paper with a story title "Church, Sex and Rock and Roll" shows your simply after headlines and trying to draw a crowd by claiming your more "relevant" than all these other Churches. There is nothing more "relevant" today than Jesus Christ and the message of the cross to save and change lives. To take 4 Sunday mornings when real Churches are celebrating the Lord's day, His love, the Cross, the redemption He has given to so many and freely offers to all those unsaved who are present, to put a bed on a stage and talk about sex is cheap hype and a perversion of what a Church's priorities should be. Do teach about Biblical truth and sex, but for 4 Sunday mornings? Have you no disciplining times? No Sunday School? No time to deal with this topic in a serious manner where all believers that are present can talk? No youth discipleship to teach them the truth in a responsible and comfortable setting for discussion? It is a lie to say other Churches are not teaching about this topic. Many are and in a way that doesn't draw headlines or detract from the Church's mission to the lost. It is simply they have not made it the public event that Destination Church wants it to be. Again, this shows me the just want a gimmick, a controversy, a way of claiming they are unique, that they are better than the many good churches in our area. More pop culture and tickling the ears of the world. I got news for you. You want to be "relevant"? Then preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and quit looking down you nose at those who do.
well

Belfry, KY

#15 Feb 9, 2011
mhmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
So those the "core group" should not have to repent of the sin of homosexuality?
well what

Lenore, WV

#16 Feb 9, 2011
well wrote:
<quoted text>
So those the "core group" should not have to repent of the sin of homosexuality?
Not any more than you should have to repent for your sins of gluttony.
well

Belfry, KY

#17 Feb 9, 2011
outraged squared wrote:
Are you a member there? Heaven and hell is not "burned out fire and brimestone bullsh*t everyone else is spouting", as you so crudely say. Jesus though it was pretty important stuff. He came and died because of it. Sorry some people think that is not "relevant" any more.
well

Belfry, KY

#18 Feb 9, 2011
well what wrote:
<quoted text>
Not any more than you should have to repent for your sins of gluttony.
Gee, you been watching me eat or something? I guess Sodom and Gomorrah was God's instant weight loss plan. Talk about burning away the calories, He sure did for them.
outraged squared

Lenore, WV

#19 Feb 9, 2011
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a member there? Heaven and hell is not "burned out fire and brimestone bullsh*t everyone else is spouting", as you so crudely say. Jesus though it was pretty important stuff. He came and died because of it. Sorry some people think that is not "relevant" any more.
Nope. I quit believing in Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, and God all around the same time. But you should be proud of your superstitions and folklore.
Saddened

Georgetown, KY

#20 Feb 9, 2011
Oh Please wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously a member there. Spare us the promo for your church. The issue is not whether the Churches should teach the Biblical truth about sexuality, they should and many do. The issue is when and how do you teach about it. To go to the local paper with a story title "Church, Sex and Rock and Roll" shows your simply after headlines and trying to draw a crowd by claiming your more "relevant" than all these other Churches. There is nothing more "relevant" today than Jesus Christ and the message of the cross to save and change lives. To take 4 Sunday mornings when real Churches are celebrating the Lord's day, His love, the Cross, the redemption He has given to so many and freely offers to all those unsaved who are present, to put a bed on a stage and talk about sex is cheap hype and a perversion of what a Church's priorities should be. Do teach about Biblical truth and sex, but for 4 Sunday mornings? Have you no disciplining times? No Sunday School? No time to deal with this topic in a serious manner where all believers that are present can talk? No youth discipleship to teach them the truth in a responsible and comfortable setting for discussion? It is a lie to say other Churches are not teaching about this topic. Many are and in a way that doesn't draw headlines or detract from the Church's mission to the lost. It is simply they have not made it the public event that Destination Church wants it to be. Again, this shows me the just want a gimmick, a controversy, a way of claiming they are unique, that they are better than the many good churches in our area. More pop culture and tickling the ears of the world. I got news for you. You want to be "relevant"? Then preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and quit looking down you nose at those who do.
Well Said - Amen & Amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homecoming Court - still a joke 1 hr LOL 15
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Cornelius Scudmister 153,027
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 hr Hmmmmmmm 4,344
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr Anne52 81,629
Add a word drop a word (Aug '11) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 3,996
Double Letter Word Game (Aug '12) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 2,103
Two Words (Nov '13) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 1,178
•••
•••
•••

Prestonsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••