Levee failure has water creeping into...

Levee failure has water creeping into Presidio

There are 21 comments on the El Paso Times story from Sep 18, 2008, titled Levee failure has water creeping into Presidio. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Officials say a levee protecting Presidio from the swelling Rio Grande has failed, and water is creeping through low-lying portions of this normally dusty West Texas border town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
El Chez

Euless, TX

#1 Sep 18, 2008
Who cares about this one horse town. All they have to offer is cantalopes and they suck anyway. Let them go back to Mexico where they belong!
mloonybin

Taupo, New Zealand

#2 Sep 19, 2008
Why don't you crawl back under your rock, where you belong.
bmcms

Houston, TX

#3 Sep 19, 2008
This one horse town is where my family was born and still lives. "One Horse Towns" are the backbone and history of this great country. "One Horse town's" are where every small and big City started. Believe it or not People live there. Thousands of people.. so what you are saying,, is human life means nothing to you? Our sisters, brothers,fathers, mothers,daughters and sons.. mean nothing because they live in a small town??? You are sick.
God help you.
By the way I live in the Houston area.. Millions are suffering.. but then again. that means nothing to you either.. that's ok.. we are helping ourselves and fixing it without you..Don't get up.. keep eating and sleeping and letting the world go by.. you will end up as you are... useless
El Chez - East Los

Euless, TX

#4 Sep 19, 2008
bmcms wrote:
This one horse town is where my family was born and still lives. "One Horse Towns" are the backbone and history of this great country. "One Horse town's" are where every small and big City started. Believe it or not People live there. Thousands of people.. so what you are saying,, is human life means nothing to you? Our sisters, brothers,fathers, mothers,daughters and sons.. mean nothing because they live in a small town??? You are sick.
God help you.
By the way I live in the Houston area.. Millions are suffering.. but then again. that means nothing to you either.. that's ok.. we are helping ourselves and fixing it without you..Don't get up.. keep eating and sleeping and letting the world go by.. you will end up as you are... useless
Dufus,

If you feel so strongly about one horse towns why did you leave it? I know it couldn't have been brain drain, you don't have one. Sorry but one horse towns remain that, maybe next time you go to yours they will have a stop light. Living in Houston has soaked your brain with all the humidity, which tells me you are not smart enough to leave the one horse town for a better city.
Alfredo - ELA

Santa Ana, CA

#5 Sep 19, 2008
El Chez, your brain is smaller than the size of a cantalope seed, and the one horse in Presidio is smarter than you are. I am the proud son of parents born in Presidio and I do care!
PRL

Alpine, TX

#6 Sep 19, 2008
The first time I get to Presidio I don’t like it at all, but you know what, I learn the hard way that a small Border town have more heart and citizenship then a big City… I live in Presidio since a year, I learn how to care for this people and I Pray every night for my “horse town” like you said… This is a Town that I love for who they are… My Mexican friends help people, my Mexican friends know what is Family mean, my Mexican friends help me when I need it the most, with out asking for anything…just because they want to help…That is my “horse Town.” And let me told you this you are nobody that is why you said such a thing… Because El Chez is nobody….
DMJM

El Paso, TX

#7 Sep 20, 2008
El Chez.....what a loser you are! You probably have nothing better to do than be online all day because you are such an idiot and don't have a real life or job! Many professionals have come out of that "one horse town".....doctors, lawyers, therapists....But you wouldn't know what that means. I agree with Alfredo from LA.....you have more in common with a cantalope than you think
mso

United States

#8 Sep 20, 2008
presidio a one-horse town? I've lived in your piece of shit city (dallas) and i've lived in presidio. I prefer presidio to dallas any day...good thing is that assholes like you (who have probably never left dallas) stay away from nice, small towns like presidio...you are scum....and besides that, they (unfortunately) don't grow cantalopes there anymore which is sad as they were the best in the WORLD....pray for the good folks on the border (americans and mexicans)...and pray for out gulf coast which has been DEVASTATED you son of a bitch....get your ass down here to Houston if you want to see some real human suffering....scumbags like you waste air, water, food....electricity.
Bob

Bridgeport, PA

#9 Sep 20, 2008
A fellow Red Cross volunteer from Las Cruces went down there last week and said Presidio was a real "dump". Apparently the cantaloupe farms, once the main industry there, are gone now. One of the locals was asked "what people do for a living there" and the reply was "unemployment."

I totally want to move there.
Montoya

United States

#11 Sep 21, 2008
"gayblade" "el chez" your name says it all.
I'll bet you both are the village idiots of your towns! You are both probably unemployed fat pigs that sit at your outdated computer and live at home with your moms. You need a life, and you need prayers. I hope God remembers you when it's your turn to get judged. YOU ARE THE DEFININTION OF IGNORANT.
El Chez - East Los

Euless, TX

#12 Sep 21, 2008
Alfredo - ELA wrote:
El Chez, your brain is smaller than the size of a cantalope seed, and the one horse in Presidio is smarter than you are. I am the proud son of parents born in Presidio and I do care!
I rest my case Mijo, go back if you care. Why LA? More opportunities than the one horse town? I think you will care when you go back and help your town grow. Don't get offended I just think you have a false sense of what is important to you. Money isn't everything when you really want to make a difference. Me enteindes Mendez?
PRL

Alpine, TX

#13 Sep 21, 2008
EL Chez eres la persona mas ignorante que yo he conocido, aqui viven seres humanos con igualdad, lo que te pasa a ti es que no sabes mantener un pensamiento ni un comentario productivo por que no sabes que es eso,con eso que dices "Mijo" se ve que eres todo un perdedor eres de los que nacen de la tierra y se quedan en ella, no sabes hacer nada para ti y mucho menos para tu projimo tienes el corazón de escoba, sin sentimiento yo no soy de Mexico por si te preguntas, no todos somos como tu, que se creen que con decir estupideces como las que dices eres el mejor, yo no soy de aqui igual que como ALfredo se tuvo que ir para LA, yo tuve que venir e este pueblo por un tiempo, pero no por eso voy a menospreciar a los que nacieron o viven aqui, gracias a los que trabajan la tierra tienes que comer, por que no te pones los pantalones y le dejas los trabajos de oficina a ellos y trabaja Tu la tierra, Upss se me olvida ni eso sabes hacer, solo creer que eres algo y no eres nada, trabaja la tierra por un dia a ver si llevas algo de comer a tu familia....es facil criticar cuando no sabes lo que dices....
Este será el ultimo mensaje que recibes de mi por que al escremento no se le presta atención se le desperdicia...
Y un consejo a los que lo puedan leer, no sigan diciendo nada por que eso es lo que quiere el tener en que entretenerse y no creo que una trajedia sea diversión para nadie...
mso

United States

#14 Sep 22, 2008
It is not a dump! This city has grown and improved a LOT in the last 15 years. It's a relatively small town (5000) just like many small towns ALL OVER this country! There are plenty of good, honest, hard-working people in this town who have a lot of pride....it is a relatively poor area but the kids in this area are polite, unspoiled with values and, yes, dreams...plus, read up on the area.. it's one of the oldest settled areas on this continent....again, the best thing about it is that assholes like some of yourselves would NEVER go there...you wussies wouldn't last a minute...what is WRONG w/you people?? Again, you 'big city' assholes...Get a life! Grow a soul.....and KEEP staying out of west texas......
PRESIDIO

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#17 Oct 5, 2008
To all of you who are posting positive comments about Presidio, THANK YOU!!! from everyone here. Let me tell you that GOD will remember you for your heartfelt deeds. Thank You and God Bless!!! I live in Presidio and this flood has truly been incredible. Many were affected and we are trying to get back to normal. However, it was surprising to see such negative comments also from cold hearted individuals. They were truly upsetting. To the few who believe they are untouchable, MAY GOD BLESS YOUR MISERABLE LIFE!!!
Maria

Mission, TX

#18 Oct 12, 2008
El Chez wrote:
Who cares about this one horse town. All they have to offer is cantalopes and they suck anyway. Let them go back to Mexico where they belong!
Apparently you know nothing of the area, which leads me to believe that not only are you an idiot but have no sancity for life. Presidio is not only where I grew up...but where my family still resides. This one horse town had produced lawyers, doctors, teachers, business people, scientists and extremly great christians that would help anybody, anytime. We have had many of our young men and women fight to defend our country. We have politicians and much more that came from this one horse town. I feel sorry for you. I hope and pray that you and your family will never be in this situation. May god bless you and anybody else who thinks Presidio is not important....Because everybody does matter. By the way the Presidio area has been continuosly populated for over 300 years. I challenged you to remove the idiot stamp on you forehead and do some research.

Dallas, Texas
David

United States

#19 Oct 23, 2008
PRL wrote:
The first time I get to Presidio I don’t like it at all, but you know what, I learn the hard way that a small Border town have more heart and citizenship then a big City… I live in Presidio since a year, I learn how to care for this people and I Pray every night for my “horse town” like you said… This is a Town that I love for who they are… My Mexican friends help people, my Mexican friends know what is Family mean, my Mexican friends help me when I need it the most, with out asking for anything…just because they want to help…That is my “horse Town.” And let me told you this you are nobody that is why you said such a thing… Because El Chez is nobody….
How is the repair coming on 170. It looks like only a couple miles are still closed.

thanks
Kentucky

London, KY

#20 Dec 6, 2009
I am looking to buy land in that area. It sounds so down home and enchanting. West at its best, Cactus, Omigos, good food and I am sure good music played by the wonderful mexicans. I would love to be the one to ride my " One Horse " My Black Tennessee walker from Kentucky down the dusty road of this nostalgic Town over any City. Presidio...Take me away.
Oscar

Denver, CO

#21 Jan 16, 2010
El Chez wrote:
Que sonso! Are you kidding us? What has made you so bitter mijito? Have you forgotten all your latino values ordid you even get any growing up? My Abuelitas ranch is near Presidio and is now partly in The "Ranch" state park east of there.
I don't know where you grew up or if you have any relatives to speak of, so i won't judge your lack of culture, respect or dignity. But I will defend others pride of family, culture, language and history.
All places of history, like Presidio (since tjhe early 1600's) is important to all peaple who have settled there and/or branched off from there. It's the beauty of the land and the resolve which had been tested by the sometimes harsh climate that has shaped these people for the better.
pobresito, I understand, maybe you haven't been as lucky to have such history to support and make you better.
Just promise me one thing. Don't become the "Tio Taco" (uncle Tom) which has help suppress us for hundreds of years. Come back and stand proud with the rest of us instead.
ruf

Kerrville, TX

#22 Mar 19, 2010
they have a horse???
player

Oklahoma City, OK

#23 Mar 23, 2010
to oscar well you dont know your history
persidio was a ranch owened by a mexican familiy till the white man stole it from them . hell to this day they celebrate it and the poeple dont know what they are doing you say beauty i see nothing but trash and a compound full of border patrol agents they have built a city in a city just for them and the white settler who stole the land raped and robbed what was never theirs .the only thing worth any thing is the little town of shafter which still to this day has silver mines .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Presidio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 14 Jack 993
Close the U.S. / Mexico Border Mar '16 TRUTH 1
News Report: Texas School Teacher Arrested for Harbo... Jan '16 tomin cali 1
I need Parking lot for 15 days for my car Dec '15 Oscar 1
News Texas Has Long Welcomed Refugees (Nov '15) Nov '15 DC Dave 13
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Aug '15 Lisa 60
anyone in presidio available to make few pictur... (Sep '11) Sep '14 RodneyC 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Presidio Mortgages