Life-at-fertilization initiative has ...

Life-at-fertilization initiative has hope in Miss.

There are 2675 comments on the Centre Daily Times story from Oct 17, 2011, titled Life-at-fertilization initiative has hope in Miss.. In it, Centre Daily Times reports that:

In this June 6, 2011 file photo, Ezekiel Sowell, 7, right,of Tupelo, Miss., sings during a prayer rally for the Personhood Amendment at the Capitol in Jackson, Miss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Centre Daily Times.

Shell

Tupelo, MS

#2757 Apr 24, 2013
Zef you have shown minor drinking does not harm the fetus. Your lack of knowledge is a credit to the CA town you live.

Perhaps the CA drug trade is the problem.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#2758 Apr 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Which pretty much determines how you feel about your expected child. Would you want to show any affection or love for a son or daughter you planned to have eliminated?
Apparently you can't imagine showing love for them...since you insist they be born regardless of the parents feelings about them.

Do you not see how twisted this is?

No, of course not...you scream 'ADOPTION, ADOPTION' as if giving a child away is always the answer. As if being adopted is always a cakewalk, and every unwanted child gets adopted.

As if fertile women should consider themselves incubators for the infertile, and those babies just get 'blocked right outta their minds', once they're donated to the cause.

"Better to be born into misery, than aborted before one has conscious thought."

Your compassion is depthless, iddn' it.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#2759 May 1, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you can't imagine showing love for them...since you insist they be born regardless of the parents feelings about them.
Do you not see how twisted this is?
No, of course not...you scream 'ADOPTION, ADOPTION' as if giving a child away is always the answer. As if being adopted is always a cakewalk, and every unwanted child gets adopted.
As if fertile women should consider themselves incubators for the infertile, and those babies just get 'blocked right outta their minds', once they're donated to the cause.
"Better to be born into misery, than aborted before one has conscious thought."
Your compassion is depthless, iddn' it.
The only thing causing me misery is your moronic bigoted blabbering. Without a doubt everyone on this entire planet will be much better off without you and the rest of your hatemongering ilk.
Shell

Tupelo, MS

#2761 May 1, 2013
"The only thing causing me misery is your moronic bigoted blabbering."
==========
Being in CA you are so conditioned to misery you would not know it if it hit you in the head.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#2762 May 1, 2013
Shell wrote:
"The only thing causing me misery is your moronic bigoted blabbering."
==========
Being in CA you are so conditioned to misery you would not know it if it hit you in the head.
Your terrorist threats of torture and murder do not intimidate me. I will never capitulate to your nihilistic regime of tyranny and death.
Ocean56

AOL

#2763 May 2, 2013
zef wrote:
The only thing causing me misery is your moronic bigoted blabbering. Without a doubt everyone on this entire planet will be much better off without you and the rest of your hatemongering ilk.
YOU don't get to decide who can and cannot post here, zeffie. We prochoicers can post our observations and opinions all we want, as long as we abide by the TOPIX guidelines.

Don't like what we're saying? Too bleeping bad. We'll express our views all we want. Tough cookies if YOU don't like it.
theweb

Tupelo, MS

#2764 May 2, 2013
It is that right wing CA dreaming that zef has to cling to as the rest of the world moves to freedom.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#2765 May 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU don't get to decide who can and cannot post here, zeffie. We prochoicers can post our observations and opinions all we want, as long as we abide by the TOPIX guidelines.
Don't like what we're saying? Too bleeping bad. We'll express our views all we want. Tough cookies if YOU don't like it.
The babies that you kill with abortion did not choose to die.
theweb

Tupelo, MS

#2766 May 2, 2013
"The babies that you kill with abortion did not choose to die."
==========
The fetus has no mind.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#2767 May 2, 2013
theweb wrote:
"The babies that you kill with abortion did not choose to die."
==========
The fetus has no mind.
All humans have a mind, which develops as they mature. Because the baby's mind is still developing it is susceptible to permanent damage from the mother's alcohol abuse. How do you damage the mind of a fetus with alcohol abuse if the "fetus has no mind"? Are you trying to trick pregnant mother into carelessly abusing alcohol during pregnancy, and inflicting permanent damage to their baby's mind?
Human brain development timeline
During the first 3 weeks of gestation, the human embryo's ectoderm forms a thickened strip called the neural plate. The neural plate then folds and closes to form the neural tube. This tube flexes as it grows, forming the crescent-shaped cerebral hemispheres at the head, and the cerebellum and pons towards the tail.
"When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). There is no known safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birth weight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.
If a woman is drinking alcohol during pregnancy, it is never too late to stop. The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself."
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/index.html
theweb

Tupelo, MS

#2768 May 2, 2013
zef you do not know the difference between mind and brain? You sure do not know the medical tests show minor drinking does not effect the fetus as you spout your extreme propaganda.

You must of went to public school that gives multiple choice tests and ignores the details.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#2769 May 2, 2013
theweb wrote:
zef you do not know the difference between mind and brain? You sure do not know the medical tests show minor drinking does not effect the fetus as you spout your extreme propaganda.
You must of went to public school that gives multiple choice tests and ignores the details.
How does information provided by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention become me spouting my extreme propaganda?
Do you really believe providing minors with alcohol is acceptable simply because the alcohol might not cause them harm?
What happens with your baby when you are 7 months pregnant?
By the end of this month, your baby will be about 16 inches long and weigh about 3 pounds. This month there are many changes happen in your baby’s body.
Baby’s hearing: This period, your baby’s hearing system is fully developed. Also, the baby starts responding or changing the position to stimuli, such as sounds, light, and pain.
Development of eye sight and taste buds: This month, your baby’s eye sight becomes even clear. During ultrasound examination, you can clearly observe how the baby opens and closes his/her eyes. Also the taste buds of the baby are well developed and the baby can experience different tastes with the foods you ate.
Body hair: The soft downy hair that covered the baby’s skin is now gone. From this month, the baby’s hair starts growing. By this month, eyelashes and eyebrows are well developed so that the baby looks like a newborn.
Lung development: By the end of this month, your baby will have well developed lungs so that he/she can survive outside the womb. As the lungs are the last major organs to mature, they will be developed until the birth of the baby.
Baby’s hearing system: By this month, your baby’s hearing system is well developed and now he/she can hear better and even the baby can distinguish certain sounds and voices. Some studies proved that too much sound may stimulate your baby inside the uterus, so it is better to keep the volume low.
I know the level of maturity of an individuals mind or brain makes no difference to the importance of that individuals life.
theweb

Tupelo, MS

#2770 May 3, 2013
Study name: Low-moderate prenatal alcohol exposure and risk to child behavioural development: a prospective cohort study
Published in: BJOG, International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology

Focus: Effects of alcohol during pregnancy on children’s behavior
Sample size: 2,370 children
Evaluation period: Children age 2 through 14, evaluated every two or three years
Definition of “light drinking”: 2 to 6 drinks per week
Study name: Light drinking during pregnancy: still no increased risk for socioemotional difficulties or cognitive deficits at 5 years of age?
Published in: Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health

Focus: Effects of alcohol during pregnancy on children’s behavioral, emotional, and intellectual development
Sample size: 11,513 children
Evaluation period: Children from birth to age 5, evaluated at regular intervals
Definition of “light drinking”: No more than two drinks per week
Study name: Prenatal Alcohol Exposure Patterns and Alcohol-Related Birth Defects and Growth Deficiencies: A Prospective Study
Published in: Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research

Focus: Physical abnormalities in infants related to alcohol consumption during pregnancy
Sample size: 992 children
Evaluation period: Children evaluated shortly after birth
Definition of “light drinking”: Less than one drink per day

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#2771 May 3, 2013
theweb wrote:
Study name: Low-moderate prenatal alcohol exposure and risk to child behavioural development: a prospective cohort study
Evaluation period: Children age 2 through 14, evaluated every two or three years
Study name: Light drinking during pregnancy: still no increased risk for socioemotional difficulties or cognitive deficits at 5 years of age?
Focus: Effects of alcohol during pregnancy on children’s behavioral, emotional, and intellectual development
Study name: Prenatal Alcohol Exposure Patterns and Alcohol-Related Birth Defects and Growth Deficiencies: A Prospective Study
Focus: Physical abnormalities in infants related to alcohol consumption during pregnancy
No results? Or were they not supportive of whatever it is you're trying to assert here?

Have you ever had a drink during pregnancy?
I haven't, and I've been pregnant a LOT.

What was your point, again??

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#2772 May 3, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
How does information provided by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention become me spouting my extreme propaganda?
Do you really believe providing minors with alcohol is acceptable simply because the alcohol might not cause them harm?
What happens with your baby when you are 7 months pregnant?
By the end of this month, your baby will be about 16 inches long and weigh about 3 pounds. This month there are many changes happen in your baby’s body.
Baby’s hearing: This period, your baby’s hearing system is fully developed. Also, the baby starts responding or changing the position to stimuli, such as sounds, light, and pain.
Development of eye sight and taste buds: This month, your baby’s eye sight becomes even clear. During ultrasound examination, you can clearly observe how the baby opens and closes his/her eyes. Also the taste buds of the baby are well developed and the baby can experience different tastes with the foods you ate.
Body hair: The soft downy hair that covered the baby’s skin is now gone. From this month, the baby’s hair starts growing. By this month, eyelashes and eyebrows are well developed so that the baby looks like a newborn.
Lung development: By the end of this month, your baby will have well developed lungs so that he/she can survive outside the womb. As the lungs are the last major organs to mature, they will be developed until the birth of the baby.
Baby’s hearing system: By this month, your baby’s hearing system is well developed and now he/she can hear better and even the baby can distinguish certain sounds and voices. Some studies proved that too much sound may stimulate your baby inside the uterus, so it is better to keep the volume low.
I know the level of maturity of an individuals mind or brain makes no difference to the importance of that individuals life.
Have you ever been pregnant?

I ask, because you seem to think none of us has.
Most of us, zef, are MOTHERS.
Of CHILDREN.
We've been pregnant, dear, and we KNOW all this. Intimately.

Pregnancy can indeed be a miraculous and wonderful thing, majestic in its scope, and so very insular in its reality...but just because it CAN be all those things, doesn't mean women are compelled to be, or remain, pregnant.

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#2773 May 3, 2013
theweb wrote:
My apologies for the surliness of my former reply to this. I failed to read the post to which you were responding here, and have since accessed the studies; which do indeed point to fewer complications and anomalies in the fetii of women who do not drink heavily during pregnancy, than zef would like the rest of us to believe.

Again, sorry I snapped at you.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#2774 May 3, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever been pregnant?
I ask, because you seem to think none of us has.
Most of us, zef, are MOTHERS.
Of CHILDREN.
We've been pregnant, dear, and we KNOW all this. Intimately.
Pregnancy can indeed be a miraculous and wonderful thing, majestic in its scope, and so very insular in its reality...but just because it CAN be all those things, doesn't mean women are compelled to be, or remain, pregnant.
You can kill anyone, not just your babies, dear, and we KNOW all this. Intimately.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#2775 May 3, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>My apologies for the surliness of my former reply to this. I failed to read the post to which you were responding here, and have since accessed the studies; which do indeed point to fewer complications and anomalies in the fetii of women who do not drink heavily during pregnancy, than zef would like the rest of us to believe.
Again, sorry I snapped at you.
So you think drinking and driving should be legal, since not all drunk drivers cause injuries to others.
Shell

Tupelo, MS

#2776 May 3, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>No results? Or were they not supportive of whatever it is you're trying to assert here?
Have you ever had a drink during pregnancy?
I haven't, and I've been pregnant a LOT.
What was your point, again??
The point is those studies point out minor drinking does not cause problems with the fetus. They are too long to post as this site limits the number of keystrokes. You can look them up for yourself. I hope you can support all your children because millions are starving to death each year.
Shell

Tupelo, MS

#2777 May 3, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think drinking and driving should be legal, since not all drunk drivers cause injuries to others.
Straw man, you have lost the drinking debate. If you are going to handle a weapon no distractions will give you the best skill but then the government with speed limits has made it so boring that people multitask.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Presidential Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jackson ms hotels Sat nattie555 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Buffalojimmy 20,099
Chris S and Karen Washington of Georgia Sat Bill 2
Debate: Marijuana - Jackson, MS (Aug '10) Fri Jeanette Gilmore 243
intown site hotel Fri nattie555 1
News Mississippi tea party activist dead of apparent... (Jun '14) Aug 24 Yeah 37
Phillip Grizzard Aug 24 SWWN 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Presidential Hills Mortgages