STMicroelectronics plans to close Phoenix plant, cut jobs

Jul 11, 2007 Full story: ABC15.com 15

“Growing revenue is important, but we're also committed to improving our cost structure by reducing the number of our manufacturing sites and, as a result, trimming excess capacity and lowering manufacturing overhead”

Swiss chip maker STMicroelectronics NV will close manufacturing plants in Texas, Arizona and Morocco, cutting 4,000 jobs. via ABC15.com

Full Story
URSTUCK

United States

#1 Nov 29, 2007
Didn't this operation sell all it's secrets to China cohesive with 4 com's treason?
ST employee

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Jan 29, 2008
You watch too many movies. We don't do defense, so what would we give them? Chips for a top secret cell phone??
Disgruntled

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jul 22, 2008
I hope ST falls flat on their frog ass'. We have carried the company for many years and this is how they repay us. Screw them!
Current Rumors

Tempe, AZ

#4 Aug 28, 2008
Is ST in Phoenix being purchased/or already purchased by Grace Semi in China? Does anyone know whats really happening?

“my fc is 111791622037 ”

Since: Mar 08

i love latias and latios

#5 Aug 28, 2008
what the HECK???
rogee

Singapore, Singapore

#6 Sep 2, 2008
Minimise the assets would probably generate attractive PE/ PER, should be worth to invest and hold it for long term. Most importantly STM is likely in focusing of R&D activities instead of manufacturing.
st worker

Glendale, AZ

#7 Sep 14, 2008
STM will be selling to another company. All fingers point to Grace semi.
Opinion-maker

Mexico

#8 Sep 15, 2008
ST
ExSTer

Tucson, AZ

#9 Nov 26, 2008
175 jobs currently lost as of Nov with more anticipated at the start of the year. No buy out but at least a good severance going out the door...
the truth

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Dec 4, 2008
just phoned the life insurance company in Connecticutt-guess what life insurance will cost 12,000.00 dollars annually for continuation of having well-being---is this what the american traitors had in mind?????? The number 1 gentleman with should board a plane back to Phoenix and call a meeting with good people from within and get a meeting of the minds going--this could be turned around with people of vision,wisdom,and bended knees-miracles can happen with faith-that is what our country deeply is about. Miracles can happen so fast the human being cannot contain or process it as quick and as fast as it happens. The american spirit of the people can blow anyone away. Just pray for this to happen.
ST Worker

Phoenix, AZ

#11 May 6, 2009
I was employed by ST in Phoenix and I have to say it was a good company to work for. I met a lot of good, hardworking people. Thank you, ST for giving us all a chance to work for you. I say to anyone, who were so unhappy there, you should have left a long time ago instead of complaing about it. St gave everyone a good package as we left. If you were one of the Lucky one's,be thankful, not to many companies give out the payouts, ST has given those who have left.
Good Luck to everyone and may you all be blessed in the Future.
SCREWED x ST

United States

#12 Jul 12, 2011
ST management and a contract employee screwed me out of my severence. It was the worst semiconductor company I have ever worked for. They never cared about what education or experience you had and failed to utilize those who had substantial knowledge and work ethic. I hope they collapse internationally. It ended up being nothing of what it was in the late 90's.
Stemployee007

Scottsdale, AZ

#13 Apr 14, 2012
For all of you that think ST was a bad company and treated their employees poorly, you're a dumb piece of shit. They were a great company that had a dumbass for a CEO.
nearby resident

Phoenix, AZ

#14 May 24, 2013
this plant has spills all the time and it blows my direction.
i am thinkin of sueing them.
Steve Gates

San Jose, CA

#15 May 25, 2013
French-Italian multinational electronics and semiconductor manufacturer headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.

That says it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prescott Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 2 hr GinaLover 676
fast and reliable pain n anxiety meds 8 hr helping pheonix 1
Lyndell Cherry, 29, died at the scene Tue mommacherry 24
Phoenix sucks (Apr '08) Tue mark 188
Nostradamus (Jan '14) Tue gest 81
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) Nov 23 Hello 46
Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) Nov 23 positronium 193,366
Prescott Valley Dating
Find my Match

Prescott Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Prescott Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Prescott Valley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:36 am PST

NBC Sports11:36AM
No practice for Larry Fitzgerald on Wednesday