Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi ...

Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

There are 687 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 8, 2013, titled Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

LA Guy

United States

#669 Apr 30, 2013
Observant observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether she dropped his camera or not, was not the reason Travis was murdered. He had plenty of other reasons to get angry with her during their relationship, if he had really wanted to, but he wasn't the type of guy to be physically abusive to a woman, much less Jodi. She slashed his tires - twice, including his girlfriend's tires. He came home often to find her sleeping in his house, even under his Christmas tree. As for Mimi and Cancun, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. She planned the murder. The gas cans, the knife, the gun, her cell phone pings and call to Travis, after he was already dead and her constant pathological lies show what a diabolical liar and cunning murderess she really is. She deserves to be locked up for life to exact justice for such a heinous and deliberate murder, and to protect others who may cross her path. GUILTY. LWOP.
I understand you point of view and logic, that being said, JA's brain had been medium scrambled by TA...Those B&D games and vicious name calling can result in some bad consequences.

The tape as to him wanting to tie her to a tree and sodomize her, along with the one's of degrading vile name calling, could weigh in her favor as to an abusive pattern.

I would not advise anyone to wager a year's salary on
a First Degree Murder conviction.
Observant observer

Allentown, PA

#670 Apr 30, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you point of view and logic, that being said, JA's brain had been medium scrambled by TA...Those B&D games and vicious name calling can result in some bad consequences.
The tape as to him wanting to tie her to a tree and sodomize her, along with the one's of degrading vile name calling, could weigh in her favor as to an abusive pattern.
I would not advise anyone to wager a year's salary on
a First Degree Murder conviction.
She was laughing and giggling on those sex tapes. She was enjoying all the dirty talk and Travis knew that she like it, which jodi encouraged him to do. She was and is a manipulator and that was one of the reasons she taped their conversations. She was making sure that she had something to try and make Travis look bad in the event that he wouldn't stay with her. Those taped conversations were not all that long before she killed him, so she may have already had the forethought of how she was going to destroy Travis in case she had to. She knew for quite a while that Travis didn't want her as a permanent item in his life. Diabolic and cunning, but a bit too sure of herself. As for the other names Travis called Jodi, he obviously got tired of her obsession with him and stalking him. Perhaps he thought that would be all that it would take to make her go away. Unfortunately he was wrong - dead wrong.
LA Guy

United States

#671 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text>
She was laughing and giggling on those sex tapes. She was enjoying all the dirty talk and Travis knew that she like it, which jodi encouraged him to do. She was and is a manipulator and that was one of the reasons she taped their conversations. She was making sure that she had something to try and make Travis look bad in the event that he wouldn't stay with her. Those taped conversations were not all that long before she killed him, so she may have already had the forethought of how she was going to destroy Travis in case she had to. She knew for quite a while that Travis didn't want her as a permanent item in his life. Diabolic and cunning, but a bit too sure of herself. As for the other names Travis called Jodi, he obviously got tired of her obsession with him and stalking him. Perhaps he thought that would be all that it would take to make her go away. Unfortunately he was wrong - dead wrong.
Well thought out. She may have enjoyed the kinky one's, but despised the real nasty derogatory one's. No doubt about the aspect of keeping the recordings, in case she ever needed them.
The tapes will still convince a few of the jurors that he was abusing her. Good point as a bit to sure of herself, as evidenced by her behavior after the arrests...the interviews claiming no jury would convict her.

A First Degree conviction is far from a slam dunk on this one. If the majority of the jurors insist on First Degree, there will be several holdouts. The jury cold even hang on a Second Degree charge.
LA Guy

United States

#672 Apr 30, 2013
typo

could
CNJ

United States

#673 May 1, 2013
His text to her on the 25th. He would tell the world what she did she do that so many people would care? She made it clear to flores her. Life was over if her reputation was ruined. Maybe this was the motive
Grandma

Cookeville, TN

#674 May 1, 2013
She is such a good girl.

“Bridge for Sale”

Since: Apr 13

Mesa

#675 May 1, 2013
Grandma wrote:
She is such a good girl.
Sad and pathetic attempt for attention loser troll. Especially for first thing in the morning! Unless it's after a night of drinkin' and wankin' to Jodi pics on inet. Then it's freaking hilarious that you are so weak and stupid grandma.
well

Brodhead, KY

#677 May 2, 2013
at least this trial brought the poo out of the closet,i stopped the pic of the wrestler holding poo over his head in the bodyslam,and he had a choke hold on poo's little stem!lol

Brownsburg, VA

#678 May 2, 2013
I hope she's convicted.
Observant observer

Allentown, PA

#679 May 2, 2013
CNJ wrote:
His text to her on the 25th. He would tell the world what she did she do that so many people would care? She made it clear to flores her. Life was over if her reputation was ruined. Maybe this was the motive
Could be. Not long before Travis was murdered, he also told Jodi she was the worst thing that ever happened to him. Obviously she knew at that point that he would never want her the way she had hoped. She told others previously, that she had plans to marry Travis and have children. Jodi taped those dirty conversations between her and Travis. She meant to use them against him in some way and to try and destroy him. She also may have already had the forethought of killing him - using the tapes as a defense for abuse. She is very cunning and her actions on the day of Travis death show the murder was premeditated. Imo: Murder one. LWOP.

Since: Jan 13

Bundoora, Australia

#680 May 2, 2013
whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am starting to think she had help but it had to have been someone who Jodi could coerce into just sitting around while she screwed around (sorry!) etc. Lots of down time. I have been running the idea of her brother around in my head...
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
yeah I considered that too.
Now it has been confirmed that Horn muddied the waters and his autopsy said something contrary to his testimony then I don't think the grandparent's gun was used. The stolen gun had 7 hollow point bullets in it at the time of the robbery. Hollow point would have pierced the dura mater and done a lot of damage.
Maybe it was travis gun or maybe the story of the ninja's is true.
Houston Versus Mesa

Spring, TX

#683 May 4, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah I considered that too.
Now it has been confirmed that Horn muddied the waters and his autopsy said something contrary to his testimony then I don't think the grandparent's gun was used. The stolen gun had 7 hollow point bullets in it at the time of the robbery. Hollow point would have pierced the dura mater and done a lot of damage.
Maybe it was travis gun or maybe the story of the ninja's is true.
Pharmabill, I know this really bothers you. I have seen you post about it repeatedly. It is possible that she made a big deal out of stealing the gun from her grandparents' house and then got a different .25 caliber gun to use..25 caliber guns are cheap, small and not that well made. If she fired a hollow point, there would have been brain matter blown up. As best I can tell from the report, it was a simple
.25 caliber bullet. I think it just says low caliber. It was removed and saved.

I don't believe the Ninja story. It was during the day on a Wed. when Ninjas are busy with other things. ;-)

Why don't you fixate on "Weird Girl" renting a car in Redding, CA and then spending the night with an ex-boyfriend Matt McCartney, and then on to Darryl Brewer. When I got married, I ceased contact with all ex-boyfriends and destroyed letters, cards, etc. A purging if you will. Don't you think it is strange that she would keep journals back to 1995 and lots of other paper trails. Is she a hoarder/pack rat on top of everything else? Her room at Estrella seemed to speak to that. There were bags of junk everywhere. You would think they would keep those bags in a separate room somewhere. Maybe space is limited.

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

#684 May 4, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't pay attention to the twitter account. that is being managed by her ex friend from jail and I think she has some issues and is using the trial to get back at the criminal justice system.
I saw the video of the supposed finger. I think it was a slow news day and the media made something out of nothing. The person running the site made something out of something out of nothing.
Love that line..."something out of something out of nothing". Beautiful. JA is a master at that!
Blood Will Tell

Spring, TX

#685 May 4, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

I don't remember seeing this while watching, but much of the time I was just listening and doing other things and not watching the screen intently.
Is this for real? Was she saying she wished she could slit the prosecutor's throat or was she referring back to slitting Alexander's throat? Either way, she is creepy and I hope she never gets out.

Bundoora, Australia

#688 May 6, 2013
Houston Versus Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>
Pharmabill, I know this really bothers you. I have seen you post about it repeatedly. It is possible that she made a big deal out of stealing the gun from her grandparents' house and then got a different .25 caliber gun to use..25 caliber guns are cheap, small and not that well made. If she fired a hollow point, there would have been brain matter blown up. As best I can tell from the report, it was a simple
I don't believe the Ninja story. It was during the day on a Wed. when Ninjas are busy with other things. ;-)
Why don't you fixate on "Weird Girl" renting a car in Redding, CA and then spending the night with an ex-boyfriend Matt McCartney, and then on to Darryl Brewer. When I got married, I ceased contact with all ex-boyfriends and destroyed letters, cards, etc. A purging if you will. Don't you think it is strange that she would keep journals back to 1995 and lots of other paper trails. Is she a hoarder/pack rat on top of everything else? Her room at Estrella seemed to speak to that. There were bags of junk everywhere. You would think they would keep those bags in a separate room somewhere. Maybe space is limited.
Yeah, that is a possibility regarding the gun. However the case is so famous now you would think someone might speak up about swapping guns. She was in California during the time between robbery and her trip. Are there swap meets for guns?
There is also the matter that some photos had time stamps and others didn't. That was not explained in any way. Maybe the whole thing was staged and she killed him earlier and had way more time to clean up.
Anyway a camera only knows what time it is because you plug it in.
Enrique said he spoke to Travis in the morning and also in the evening. At the time of seeing Travis in the evening it was supposed to be 6-6.30 and he had gotten home from work. Travis was on the phone and as Travis had mentioned the conference call he assumed it was that...except we know that the conference call didn't go through. Did enrique come home early and find the attack happening?
Enrique only moved in about a week before. It was a big task for a single person. Maybe Enrique helped her and it was all planned.
I feel the police were pointed towards jodi and didn't question other matters.
RE papers: So much variety in people's behaviour. May mean something or may not.

Bundoora, Australia

#689 May 6, 2013
Houston Versus Mesa wrote:
<quoted text>
btw, her sister lives in redding. No one was identified as being the man who dropped her at the car rental place. A lot of her family have either shut or made private their social network accounts. I got in early and saw her sister has a child and is with a guy who has a child. Seemed like average sort of people who had kids young and made the best of it. The sister was getting death threats against her daughter. This trial has really polarised people. I think it will be a hung jury. One thing for sure I have now read up on Mormonism and it is in the same category as scientology as far as I am concerned.
Demulen 21

Spring, TX

#690 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Could be. Not long before Travis was murdered, he also told Jodi she was the worst thing that ever happened to him. Obviously she knew at that point that he would never want her the way she had hoped. She told others previously, that she had plans to marry Travis and have children. Jodi taped those dirty conversations between her and Travis. She meant to use them against him in some way and to try and destroy him. She also may have already had the forethought of killing him - using the tapes as a defense for abuse. She is very cunning and her actions on the day of Travis death show the murder was premeditated. Imo: Murder one. LWOP.
I think prior to the texts or communication where he made it clear what HE thought of her, she could live in her fantasy world and blame the other women. She tried going after the women, slashing tires (and yes there was a report for slashed tires), but then she realized it wasn't the women's fault and she could never kill all the women he was in contact with, so she decided to go after him.

She told Det. Flores that Travis had found the woman he wanted to marry. I don't think he even mentioned Mimi or any other potential fiancÚ in his taped phone call. She allegedly originally was going to use that tape and would send a copy to any potential girlfriend to scare her away from TVA.
I guess what I don't understand is that if he was so deviant (in her mind), why would she be pursuing him as marriage material and potential father for children? Supposedly, she even talked about having kids with him AFTER she KILLED him. That is maybe her "schizo" side trying to surface. Out of touch with reality.
hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#691 May 6, 2013
Today might be her day. Who knows with juries, though? The State has definitely proven their case but we have to assume that all 12 people have normal thinking that doesn't tolerate slaughter.

Somewhere her brother made the statement that she made the tapes to show to other girls. Seems reasonable considering her other actions.

An ornate liar. So true. She just couldn't stop embellishing until the stories became suspect.
Demulen 21

Spring, TX

#692 May 6, 2013
For all whining that a .25 caliber is a small caliber weapon. It still kills people. I looked for cases where someone killed with a .25 caliber weapon and received the death penalty.

Ding ding ding...we have a winner. Thomas A. Barefoot.

I think he was also the 25th person executed.

25 was not a lucky number for him.

http://www.murderpedia.org/male.B/b1/barefoot...

He shot an officer to evade arrest for rape.
Demulen 21

Spring, TX

#693 May 6, 2013
For those of you who feel sorry for poor little fake femme, read on:

http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/1991/07/01/fata...

This woman did flee to France, created a facade, and fooled quite a few.
She was finally brought to justice.

I am not going to wish for a certain outcome for Jo_Joy. I am just going to hope that justice will be served when the verdict is read for Jo_Joy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prescott Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phoenix Police Officer Patrick Larrison, Bully ... (May '11) Fri guest 33
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) Fri vance 116
yellow residue after monday's rainstorm (Mar '11) Mar 23 Jerry 25
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Mar 23 SKANKHUNT42 1,122
News Is prostitution and sex taking place in Scottsd... (Oct '09) Mar 21 Brother Smith 226
News Will Phoenix break heat records three days in a... Mar 21 @Real Kelly 2
Why does AZ keep voting in John McCain? Mar 21 @Real Kelly 4

Prescott Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prescott Valley Mortgages