Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

Jan 8, 2013 Read more: KTVK Phoenix 687

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Read more
Observant observer

Bethlehem, PA

#458 Apr 21, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
she took a long time to get to meet up with Ryan, so she definitely cleaned up. Is it possible that He was killed later? Enrique said that he spoke to Travis that afternoon and he got home at 6pm. I think in Flores report he said he was there for 3 hours and then went out again. Jodi might have been in the room all that time. Where did she park her car? Since it was a rental no one would recognise it. Also Enrique said that the house seemed cleaned up the next day.
Jodi wouldn't take full credit for Travis death if someone else had been involved. The place was not cleaned up all that well. There was blood almost everywhere in that bathroom. The thing that Jodi must have been most concerned and worried about was the camera, which is why she tossed it into the washer with a few articles of bloody clothing and towels she used to mop up some of the blood. She thought she had destroyed the camera and the photos when she ran it through a wash cycle. Too bad for her that it didn't, eh?
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#459 Apr 21, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
The white rental Focus was at the house while she was there and then she left in it. Apparently Mimi had a similar car (and brown hair like Jodi had right before she arrived in Mesa).
Didn't the camera's time/date stamp show him on the floor sliced in the afternoon?
A roommate testified to seeing him at 6 p.m. that evening and he had an important conference call around that time. If he had missed that, it would have created suspicion that something was wrong.

So, you're saying she was doing the "Taking Lives" action like Ethan Hawke where she tried to take over Mimi's identity to hook Travis back into wanting to be with her? Or was she just trying to fool neighbors?

I've heard that once a person confesses, no one really cares as to the how or why so much. This has been shown by the truck loads of other b.s. we have heard during the testimony phase. Some feel sorry for her because they were abused as kids, but the ones I have read it was severe enough that the parent lost custody. If she had anger with her parents, why not take it out on them instead of taking all that rage and placing it on a seemingly innocent person. One of his roommates said he shared a bedroom wall with Travis and never heard raised voices or anything to indicate verbal fighting.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#460 Apr 21, 2013
I've never read that someone saw him alive at 6p that evening. Why would the State bother with the 5:29p photos evidence if it had been disproved through testimony? Which roommate saw him at 6p?
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#461 Apr 21, 2013
LOL, who really knows if she was abused as a child? She's the only one that has said so and nothing she says can be believed.

I do find it strange that her dad described it as "like something turned in her head" after she was caught growing weed at 14 and they searched her room. Seems like it might have pissed her off a little.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#462 Apr 21, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
I've never read that someone saw him alive at 6p that evening. Why would the State bother with the 5:29p photos evidence if it had been disproved through testimony? Which roommate saw him at 6p?
He had so many roommates and I read it again and it said different things. Then I also read that "cleaning staff" was there cleaning at some point. It doesn't make sense to me that his roommates would notice a locked door and disgusting odor and not try to get into his room. I can get into any locked door on the inside of a house with a kitchen knife. It's not difficult unless he had some deadbolt due to having roommates. They referred to his suite as an apt. I think a lot of terminology is thrown around that can make things confusing. I just want the court to hurry up and wrap this thing up so I won't have to think about it anymore.

Haven't any of these people heard of video surveillance? You can even have it to where you can see your home remotely.
Lexington

Farmington, MI

#463 Apr 21, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
Think about it, what were you doing at 5:00 5 days ago? I can't remember what I was doing day before yesterday.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#464 Apr 21, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
LOL, who really knows if she was abused as a child? She's the only one that has said so and nothing she says can be believed.
I do find it strange that her dad described it as "like something turned in her head" after she was caught growing weed at 14 and they searched her room. Seems like it might have pissed her off a little.
My guess would be she was doing other drugs. I have read that people who do "meth" have a permanent change in brain chemistry. Some of the drugs drop a huge amount of dopamine.
I also read that she tried to "self-medicate" with sex and other things. We really don't know she was doing on her time off and when someone works several jobs and is a parasite, borrowing off of others and staying somewhere like her grandparents rent-free, it makes me think substance abuse.

I can't speak as to what she might have been on and I don't think anyone has mentioned any substance abuse. It's just another theory.

I also think she had a dream/goal of being rich. I haven't let go of the possible theory that she realized how much drama a murder like this would cause and that she would be in the limelight. She probably is imagining getting rich off of movie deals/book deals and continued interviews. Is this too far-fetched? I believe she was jealous of Alexander's success and the friends he had in others. Am I wrong?
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#465 Apr 21, 2013
Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it, what were you doing at 5:00 5 days ago? I can't remember what I was doing day before yesterday.
Just walked in the door from work, started coffee brewing, putting a leash on the dog st 5p Wednesday. To the minute lol.
Lexington

Farmington, MI

#466 Apr 21, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
Just walked in the door from work, started coffee brewing, putting a leash on the dog st 5p Wednesday. To the minute lol.
Sounds like a routine. What did you have for dinner? Don't refer to your journal.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#467 Apr 21, 2013
She was jealous of everything, and yet considered herself superior to all.

I don't think she thought she'd be caught. I honestly believe she had enough faith in herself that she would never get caught; and when arrested, believed she'd beat the court system.

Very much think she is enjoying the "fame and riches" now, though.(Why not? It's going to be all over the internet, so... smile and say Cheese!!)

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

#469 Apr 21, 2013
Fog Lifter wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess would be she was doing other drugs. I have read that people who do "meth" have a permanent change in brain chemistry. Some of the drugs drop a huge amount of dopamine.
I also read that she tried to "self-medicate" with sex and other things. We really don't know she was doing on her time off and when someone works several jobs and is a parasite, borrowing off of others and staying somewhere like her grandparents rent-free, it makes me think substance abuse.
I can't speak as to what she might have been on and I don't think anyone has mentioned any substance abuse. It's just another theory.
I also think she had a dream/goal of being rich. I haven't let go of the possible theory that she realized how much drama a murder like this would cause and that she would be in the limelight. She probably is imagining getting rich off of movie deals/book deals and continued interviews. Is this too far-fetched? I believe she was jealous of Alexander's success and the friends he had in others. Am I wrong?
I think your possible theory about books/movie deal is not far fetched. Obviously she can't get the proceeds right now but perhaps she has struck up a deal with Mama. Mama sure is taking a bunch of notes for some reason or another. And I have read that she has approached various media outlets for $$$ for parts of the story.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#470 Apr 22, 2013
Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I can tell you what I WAS NOT doing. LOL

Most probably I was listening to someone complain about how I was consumed by the JA
trial. Someone called me five times one day and I didn't even hear the phone. That is what you call
HYPERFOCUS, folks, not to be confused with a FORDFOCUS. Boo. Ever time I see a white ford focus behind me, I cringe.
really

United States

#472 Apr 22, 2013
Fog Lifter wrote:
<quoted text>
He had so many roommates and I read it again and it said different things. Then I also read that "cleaning staff" was there cleaning at some point. It doesn't make sense to me that his roommates would notice a locked door and disgusting odor and not try to get into his room. I can get into any locked door on the inside of a house with a kitchen knife. It's not difficult unless he had some deadbolt due to having roommates. They referred to his suite as an apt. I think a lot of terminology is thrown around that can make things confusing. I just want the court to hurry up and wrap this thing up so I won't have to think about it anymore.
Haven't any of these people heard of video surveillance? You can even have it to where you can see your home remotely.
when you live with roomates it's not uncommon to lock your room when you leave. Did the roomates have to pass by his room to get to thiers? The shower. Looked far from the door I. Don't knoww if you could smell it outside his door.
really

United States

#473 Apr 22, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
She was jealous of everything, and yet considered herself superior to all.
I don't think she thought she'd be caught. I honestly believe she had enough faith in herself that she would never get caught; and when arrested, believed she'd beat the court system.
Very much think she is enjoying the "fame and riches" now, though.(Why not? It's going to be all over the internet, so... smile and say Cheese!!)
absolutely! She asked flores if it would be on news that night! Who is thinking about TV & makeup when being arrested for murder! She is loving It & she is popular in Jail-jailbirdswatch her on tv everyday. She is coloring while the trial for her life is going on - she is confident she has this beat!!!
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#474 Apr 22, 2013
see if you can relate to pics you saw in her pics and also her smirks in
court

1. A goofy coy smile, similar to a smirk, that look of trying to act cute when someone likes you. Usually, these were the pictures that I took of her alone. It was like she wasn't sure how to act in a photo of herself.

2. The domineering smile, like a cartoon cat with a grimace knowing that she has total control over you. These were the "couple" pictures, in which I thought we looked like a happy, in-love couple. Now I look at them and there is me, often with her arm around me, looking submissive and her looking in-control. She liked these pictures best.

3. The nonsmile. These were the group pictures when she was around other people and felt offguard, like at a party. There is that uncomfortable social awkwardness. Instead of an actual smile, it is more like a half-lip raise, a snarl. Everyone else in the photo will look happy, like they are having fun, but she'll look like Elvis.

4. The fake smile. This is the one that "appears" most genuine with lots of teeth. It would usually accompany some pose, like putting her hands in the air, trying to show happiness. I took her photo in this pose, and saw a pose of her as a youth doing the same pose. Both looked entirely fake.
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#475 Apr 22, 2013
http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/article/20130221...

Any chance Vallejo Arias had anything to do with the Mesa Slasher death?
Is he related to JoDy? Where was he when she took her trip to Mesa?

Why did she say it was better if people thought she acted alone?
Who could she be protecting? Someone younger, perhaps?
really

United States

#476 Apr 22, 2013
Fog Lifter wrote:
http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/a rticle/20130221/NEWS/130229941
Any chance Vallejo Arias had anything to do with the Mesa Slasher death?
Is he related to JoDy? Where was he when she took her trip to Mesa?
Why did she say it was better if people thought she acted alone?
Who could she be protecting? Someone younger, perhaps?
OMG! Good find? What is with Yreka people & slashing throats? If she doesn't know him, I'm sure she got a tip from that case that a kitchen knife wouldn't work & so she brought her own weapons!
Fog Lifter

Spring, TX

#477 Apr 22, 2013
Observant observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Jodi wouldn't take full credit for Travis death if someone else had been involved. The place was not cleaned up all that well. There was blood almost everywhere in that bathroom. The thing that Jodi must have been most concerned and worried about was the camera, which is why she tossed it into the washer with a few articles of bloody clothing and towels she used to mop up some of the blood. She thought she had destroyed the camera and the photos when she ran it through a wash cycle. Too bad for her that it didn't, eh?
I have a really great carpet steam cleaner, but I never thought to try it on blood. Someone said Travis had his own carpet cleaner as well. I guess she thought if she ran it, she wouldn't hear if someone came home. The steam cleaners are loud.

If she had been smart, she would have found a way to move the body and clean the crime scene.
She is only verbally astute and this is not something where having a high vocabulary helps.

There was that case where a small woman shot her husband while sleeping, put his body on a moving dolly, put him into a moving truck and tried to push him down a storm drain. He was too large, so she caught him on fire. She also went and bought muriatic acid to clean up, but she used her "saver" card. She got caught. I'm not sure what her sentence was.

Doesn't anyone else watch shows like "I almost got away with it"?
really

United States

#478 Apr 22, 2013
Fog Lifter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a really great carpet steam cleaner, but I never thought to try it on blood. Someone said Travis had his own carpet cleaner as well. I guess she thought if she ran it, she wouldn't hear if someone came home. The steam cleaners are loud.
If she had been smart, she would have found a way to move the body and clean the crime scene.
She is only verbally astute and this is not something where having a high vocabulary helps.
There was that case where a small woman shot her husband while sleeping, put his body on a moving dolly, put him into a moving truck and tried to push him down a storm drain. He was too large, so she caught him on fire. She also went and bought muriatic acid to clean up, but she used her "saver" card. She got caught. I'm not sure what her sentence was.
Doesn't anyone else watch shows like "I almost got away with it"?
when she was thinking this through & how to get away with it, ii don't think she thought past killing him. I think the. Amount of blood and mess caught her off guard & she wasn't prepared.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#479 Apr 22, 2013
Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a routine. What did you have for dinner? Don't refer to your journal.
Just saw this, Lex. I don't keep a journal, I like to stay way under the radar.

It is a routine. I think I had salmon?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prescott Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Data forum sucks!!! (Aug '10) 5 hr ui2255g 89
Is Ebay's Declining Reputation Scaring Buyers A... (Oct '13) 15 hr Cestus3 25
Review: WebsiteBackup Company Wed JeffC 1
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Tue digestguy1 785
News Kelly Clarkson gives husband a triumphant smooc... Tue Oh Rachey Not Pea... 1
City-Data Forum (Aug '09) Mar 30 Stella 402
Goodwill of Central Arizona Ceo makes $432,684 ... Mar 29 Unbelievable 2
More from around the web

Prescott Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]