Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6954 May 24, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
More talking heads coming on, all
surprised there was four holdouts
There may have even been more holdouts,
the first round of votes, but after further
considerations they went DP
----------
:) I just want her to be silent. Can't the judge order silence now that she is guilty?
She is delivering more abuse to TA's family then she ever received.
I see it now ... interesting, they were DP qualified, so I would like to know what else she would've had to do to get dp.
Whsat if TA was their relative?
Curious, if it was TA who killed her, and she was "abusive" would he get death?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6955 May 24, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Vinny P remains obnoxious this morning, he
has a huge ego, even mentioned that JA's first
day of testimony was on his birthday (who cares)
Judge Glenda Hatchett thinks it will not
be that difficult to find jurors who have not been affected by the media barrage ... LOL
Kara Phillips is pleasant and better than most of
the moderators
-------
Agree; Vinny P always bothered me.
Yes, KP is level headed, no nonsense. I like her.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6956 May 24, 2013
* Everyone who knows us will wonder how the Psycho Spring, TX troll escaped the asylum. What a case study... their mind is full of obsession. They can't move on from us. lol
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6957 May 24, 2013
LG, what are your plans today?
Lust OR Love

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6958 May 24, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Goodmorning GD:)
How are you feeling?
Did you see any of the interviews with
the jury foreman?
He admits that JA was abused verbally
and emotionally.
So many posters and talking heads would
not except this factor weighing in.
So the abuse was a mitigating factor when
it came to sentencing her to the DP.
LA Guy called that one
Excuse me ,but you are wrong and continue to show your compassion for a murderer. When did the defense ever prove that TA was abusive verbally and emotionally. Does that mean a man OR woman deserves to be slaughtered. As usual your perspective on this case is ass backwards and no doubt pure speculation..

Why do you tend to side with a sociopath who murdered a man in cold blood. She is evil,, and as Good Day stated JA needs to be silenced...
Lust OR Love

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6959 May 24, 2013
The foreman, William Zervakos, said while he believed Arias was emotionally abused by Travis Alexander, that wasn’t an excuse.
Lust OR Love

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6960 May 24, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, what are your plans today?
His plans are to sit on his ass flipping through the High Times mag
Lust OR Love

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6961 May 24, 2013
jury foreman William Zervakos told ABC's "Good Morning America" that Arias' testimony didn't do her any good.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6962 May 24, 2013
Q: did the jury foreman still want the dp?
---

I am disgusted by her, but I do believe she received verbal abuse... texts indicate he was at his wits end with her and went beyond notmal discourse.... he could've refused her calls, texts, instead of being complimentary and then name-calling in a repeated cycle. That's not normal. Unfortunately, he courted evil in her... which was there below her facade.
She was obsessed w/him.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6964 May 24, 2013
FL, that's the funniest thing ever lol, he is straight, anti-drug.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6966 May 24, 2013
Judge Stephens was having a hard time... this is a terrible burden on all of the legal pros here.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6968 May 24, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Palm Desert is an upscale extension of Palm Springs, in Riverside County, which took one of the hardest hits in the Cal downturn...08' was at the high end of the bubble
----------
wow, what a hit, LG.
Have they had any real recovery?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6972 May 24, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - I'm a supporter of the DP,
it must be reserved for the worst
of the worst
Not a fan of JA, nor making any
excuses for her. This is a 2nd
degree homicide, for all of the
standard reasons I have enumerated.
I'm trying to help you think.
----------
greast points :)
ok, I just have to say it :) your intellect is so hot :-x
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6973 May 24, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No real recovery yet in greater Palm Springs.
Back in a few xoxo
OK Godspeed

Since: Feb 13

Honolulu, HI

#6974 May 24, 2013
Better days wrote:
<quoted text> Be gone Troll
hahahahahahahahahaha she will live.hahahahahahahahahaha she is innocent.hahahahahahahaha
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6975 May 24, 2013
Jury foreman on Good Morning America
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-tr...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6976 May 24, 2013
LG, regarding JA looking for more lifestyle than she had w/Brewer, I found this as it relates to actual testimony, video is on youtube for relevant info as well:
some interesting blog notes from 2/5 court:

"The housing market collapsed and she was barely making the mortgage payments and couldn’t pay household expenses.

She began putting expenses on her credit card.

2006 she still loved Darryl, but she was now 26 and began to realize this relationship wasn’t going anywhere.

JA: We weren’t going anywhere and just had reached a different level..."

"She says people who gave speeches referred to the lifestyle they enjoyed. They didn’t worry about where money would come from. It spoke to her!..."

" She then went to Chris and Sky’s to spend a couple days for a party...

Claims Travis made jokes about Darryl’s age…calling him grandpa and encouraged her not to settle for mediocrity."
http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2013/02/...
==========
* Brewer was aware she wanted more material things, and he was set in his job. PPL is known for selling lifestyle to hook people. She left him for more. I don't think she was in love w/him, simply fond of maybe.
Mcluvin

Vacaville, CA

#6977 May 24, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a good case and I agree with much of it in a generic sense. I'm playing in the big leaque's here in LA, but will refrain from stating my professional and social background. Travis was playing the Svengali Dom, who became bent at first wooing her, even baptizing her (see pic) and indocrinating her into a religion, bringing her into his home as his live in gf, initiating her into a submissive sexual role and ultimately discarding and degrading her. All the while still allowing her access. This guy was a junior Jim Jone's or shades of the renegade Mormon character (Jeffs) doing time in Texas. Also keep in mind that he wad building a retinue of naive devoted followers. This case goes way beyond the generic sourned gf, friend with benefits scenario. Many here repeat the chronology of events, but fail to address Travis' cruel indoctrination and destruction of Jody's mental state.
Don't know what trial u were seeing but your reality is total fantasy, probably along with the fact that ur a "big dog" in the LA area. Everyone in LA thinks the same way and those of us that live in reality are laughing at you that are living in a fantasy world. No wonder u can relate to Jodi, neither of you know what is real
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6978 May 24, 2013
Mcluvin: another troll who re-posts backwards on a forum...
or it's Psycho Spring, TX finally figured out how to remove their ip location...
----------
FYI: forums progress forward not backwards
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#6981 May 24, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank's for posting this, D:)
Few care to consider that JA was seduced by handsome and dynamic TA and the PPL pitch (lifestyle), along wit the indoctrination into the kinship and goodness of the Mormon Church. Even Sky Hughes was part of the early seduction, loaning her a dress to hang around with the A Crowd and inviting her for a two night stay at her home, before TA sealed the deal. She was still living with Brewer. This was way before the subsequent visits, when they bad mouthed her.
JA was a partner with Brewer in the Palm Desert home. Her plan was to buy him out in two years and flip the home. She always held down a job as a waitress, which is not an easy task at all.
I do not see her as a Gold Digger, but more so as a young woman
looking for love and an upwardly mobile lifestyle. If she was a Gold Digger, she would have targeted an entirely different type of guy.
FYI - I'm not a fan of JA, but remarking on the Good and the Bad in
this picture.
----------
I agree w/you :) Something however was askew w/her that she ended up this way... so I think there was an unnatural drive on some level, and it manifested into evil when under stress. In that respect, I think some of her dealings w/people were also off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prescott Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pa - as of Nov. 1, 2017 Attn: Birth parents and... Sat joan 1
... Feb 15 Helpingp 1
How do you know it's the right time to settle d... Feb 14 Annon 2
Medical field Feb 12 NeldaLou 2
News Ballot initiative aims to increase Arizona's us... Feb 12 Solarman 1
Kelly Ward Trump Feb 12 Voter 2
News Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) Feb 11 positronium 193,109

Prescott Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prescott Valley Mortgages