Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVK Phoenix

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Comments
4,841 - 4,860 of 7,234 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2014
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

I liked FoxNews better, but they have some absurd segments as well. Mainly liked it for major events.. still see it now online delay :) not missing anything

Since: Jan 13

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Death Row for Jo wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably one of her old boyfriends had some .25 bullets or could get some 22 bullets and reload her gun for her plus give her a chance to practice. Darryl Brewer lives in an apt., so he would have to take her to a range. Not sure about where Matt McCartney lives. In her eyes, he f*cked up her story. She probably isn't happy with him. I haven't seen his testimony.
McCartney never testified

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

In and Out Burger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I put up with the verbal insults from these two for a while. They are like third graders, kicking shins, elbowing kids in the hall and then when someone gives them a dose of their own medicine,
they sulk and act 9. Then Good Bidet whines because my posting cuts into their time. Um, he put an e-mail on here. I am not going to try it to see if it works. Maybe it is bogus.
There used to be quite a few people on here, but it appears they left and never came back. Maybe he was creating people to argue with so he could beat them down and then make them leave.
Good Bidet went looking for me and screams that I post all over Topix. Again, incorrect, but keep
looking.
I still look in on here from time to time. I got tired of seeing GD and LAG post their incessant virtual lovy dovy crap. My God! What does that say about them?!

And after all this time, LAG finally got someone who appreciates him. All the other gals he gratuitously courted early on left his a$$ but GD eventually came along to cyber stroke his ego.(All the thousands of posts and much of it completely off topic, like feet, faux fur blankets.)

I have a theory. GD once posted that she trusts and then verifies. So it could be she is soothing him now and then when the verdict comes in, BAM! She drops his arse. Drama, ya know.....

I gotta hand it to you, from Springs, Texas. You have the patience of Job to keep posting here with those two.

Arias is guilty of Felony Murder, in my eyes. I hope the jury finds her guilty as such, if not more.

The waiting continues...

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

In and Out Burger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but that is not a book I would waste my money on to purchase.
You must know that he had some magical thinking to think prayer was going to protect
him from the evil of JoHo. He would have been better off with some large dogs, video cams,
not seeing her in the house alone, and not being somewhere he was vulnerable like the shower.
I guess him getting his body in shape with the help of the BodyBugg, he wanted to show it off for the camera. I don't know how long it took him to get down to 190. He was quite chunky when he was
with JoHo. I would have never gone for somebody like him. Probably would have been friends with him but nothing beyond that.
the guy who said Travis was praying that night to protect himself didn't even live in the house any more. All of these people want their 15 minutes. The ex with the poem supposedly created by Travis didn't want him because he didn't go to college. None of them seem to be genuine.

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

In and Out Burger wrote:
<quoted text>
You never know what kind of training she might have engaged in as well. Guys are not the only ones who participate in these types of activities. Remember, Ryan Burns said she had the strength of a
DUDE. More points to the Tranny theory for Good Bi_Day and her sycophant cohort.
Jodi tried to plant seeds of doubt that she worked alone. If she had help, she either killed them too or they are nowhere to be found. Too late baby now.
Crazy people can do more than sane people. Robert Durst is 5' 7" inches, roughly her height and not heavy. He could not only kill but also dismember and dispose of a body. One of his probably victims was never found. He got 2 million a year, so there are all kinds of options for people with that kind of money. Short of murder, the dad may have paid the wife off to vanish. He then some years later remarried but never lived with his spouse.
Maybe she is a shape_shifter. J/k more conspiracy theories You know, like the ones in
the Twilight series. lol
I never thought of that. Jodi could have easily fallen pregnant and gotten married the old fashioned way if she wanted Travis that much. I wonder if she has androgen insensitivity syndrome. She is tall and slim. Lot of the qualities

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought of that. Jodi could have easily fallen pregnant and gotten married the old fashioned way if she wanted Travis that much. I wonder if she has androgen insensitivity syndrome. She is tall and slim. Lot of the qualities
With the boyfriends Arias slept with, she did not get pregnant. Either really good birth control or she may have a problem getting pregnant, we do not know. Or it could be her partners did not have good swimmers, if you know what I mean.

I do not find 5'6" to be tall. She is slimmer now than she was when she killed Alexander almost 5 years ago.

All the above is a moot point. It will not change the outcome of what the jury will decide.
Demulen 21

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, she never developed breasts and had to have implants. She even said her dad teased her about her lack of breast development. Her female genitalia also looked underdeveloped with an abnormal clitoris. That may be why she couldn't actually climax like a normal female and it was
all fake. Maybe she liked the alternative sex better than regular sex or maybe it didn't matter because she wasn't going to climax regardless.

She also was said to have the strength of a male and that her dad could lift an excessive amount of weight.

There was always something about her that seemed creepy and abnormal. Now that she is in prison, she looks even more manly in her face. She might have been taken a high dose estrogen birth control pill which she wouldn't need now. That could have been why her skin looked so much better before and why she looked more female. Those were the first ones I took. They work great but are hard on the body.
Demulen 21

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
I say that the Demulen 21 max strength works great because there was vaginal sex was 3 times a day at least. Honeymoners. What can I say?

They never did say what kind of birth control, if any, they used except avoiding vaginal sex for the most part. Does this seem strange to anyone else? If you were so hot for each other, wouldn't you want to have vaginal sex too?

TMI? lmao
Demulen 21

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

RamblingRose253 wrote:
<quoted text>
With the boyfriends Arias slept with, she did not get pregnant. Either really good birth control or she may have a problem getting pregnant, we do not know. Or it could be her partners did not have good swimmers, if you know what I mean.
I do not find 5'6" to be tall. She is slimmer now than she was when she killed Alexander almost 5 years ago.
All the above is a moot point. It will not change the outcome of what the jury will decide.
She did not get her breast implants until the Darryl Brewer era and maybe late in the game.
It's a little suspicious that every guy dumped her. Last night she explained that she experimented
with a n a l sex with every guy she dated, but that is was not a part of the bedroom curriculum.
Who talks like that? I didn't know there was a CURRICULUM for the bedroom. Was she a student and given assignments? Of course, with the verdict coming soon, you can hardly get away from it on tv.

It doesn't make sense that she would let him give her facials. Again, not to be gross or TMI, but wouldn't normal couples maybe use oral as foreplay but save the main event for vaginal sex?
According to the texts, she gave him OSTC (she was a swallow). She got him addicted to that kind of
release. It still wasn't enough to let her move in or to get a legitimate engagement ring. Funny thing that he had an engagement ring stowed away and he didn't let her wear it.
Demulen 21

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

RamblingRose253 wrote:
<quoted text>
I still look in on here from time to time. I got tired of seeing GD and LAG post their incessant virtual lovy dovy crap. My God! What does that say about them?!
And after all this time, LAG finally got someone who appreciates him. All the other gals he gratuitously courted early on left his a$$ but GD eventually came along to cyber stroke his ego.(All the thousands of posts and much of it completely off topic, like feet, faux fur blankets.)
I have a theory. GD once posted that she trusts and then verifies. So it could be she is soothing him now and then when the verdict comes in, BAM! She drops his arse. Drama, ya know.....
I gotta hand it to you, from Springs, Texas. You have the patience of Job to keep posting here with those two.
Arias is guilty of Felony Murder, in my eyes. I hope the jury finds her guilty as such, if not more.
The waiting continues...
Where is Springs? There is no such place. That's why Guy69 couldn't find it. Funny how all you posters call it the same place. Hmmm. Are there less posters here than I thought?
Demulen 21

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

hybridlment wrote:
I don't support the death penalty, but this defendant's attitude has made me think about it. I think it's the smugness, the false certainty of her superiority. Amazingly, as good an actress/liar as she is, she has not been able to swallow her pride even to save her life. Either she honestly doesn't know what appropriate reactions are, or she's unable to lower herself to admit fault. She's going down with a smirk - she'll show them!
I'm ok with her sitting on death row simply because of the limitations it would impose on her. After this verdict, I don't want to know she exists.
She won't get executed, but there's plenty of room on Death Row and it would preclude her getting released by mistake which has happened. I think the guy who got released by mistake went and killed a judge and then came to Texas and got sudden death by lead poisoning from a police officer IIRC.

She would get a 12 x 7 private cell, 3 showers a week, 6 hours out of doors a week with limited visitors and no convicted felons.

She would get an automatic appeal paid for by the State of Arizona. I don't care for Arizona or the people I have met from there, so that's okay by me for the state to get stuck with her tab. If she had managed to lure him to Crater Lake and killed him there, it would have been Oregon's problem. She was awfully interested in how he was going to get to Crater Lake and if he was going to fly in or drive. She acted like she was his travel agent. I guess she wondered if he was going to get a plane ticket or drive because he could easily cancel if he was driving, but a plane ticket (nonrefundable) would be an expense he'd have to overcome if he cancelled.

Remember, she said she thought there would be two charges, conspiracy to commit murder and the murder itself.

I saw a case last night from Dallas where a woman hired a guy to kill someone she wanted to get rid of. The guy who did the killing ended up with a public defender and got the death penalty. He was actually executed in Texas. The woman behind the murder was eligible for parole in 2011 even though she got LIFE, but she didn't get parole and is still at the Gatesville Women's prison. That's why I think JoA should get be on Death Row with no possible way to be paroled or escape. JMO
Demulen 21

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

For whomever said they were interested in true crime stories, here's another:

http://truecrimezine.com/joy-davis-aylor-geor...

Socialite with a hired hit man to take care of her cheating husband and his
mistress. She had the money to make bail and skip town.

JoA was never able to raise bail. She is not a socialite.
arias dad no gentleman

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Demulen 21 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, she never developed breasts and had to have implants. She even said her dad teased her about her lack of breast development. Her female genitalia also looked underdeveloped with an abnormal clitoris. That may be why she couldn't actually climax like a normal female and it was
all fake. Maybe she liked the alternative sex better than regular sex or maybe it didn't matter because she wasn't going to climax regardless.
She also was said to have the strength of a male and that her dad could lift an excessive amount of weight.
There was always something about her that seemed creepy and abnormal. Now that she is in prison, she looks even more manly in her face. She might have been taken a high dose estrogen birth control pill which she wouldn't need now. That could have been why her skin looked so much better before and why she looked more female. Those were the first ones I took. They work great but are hard on the body.
I had not heard that Jodi's father had teased her about her breast size. If true, I think that is extremely mean and nasty of her dad to have teased Jodi about her breast size. How would her dad feel if someone were to tease him about his small penis size? Actually, I do not know whether or not her dad has a small penis. The point is, if he does have a small penis, he sure would be humiliated if somebody were to tease him about having a small penis-Yep. What a nasty jerk her dad was to have teased Jodi about her breast size. Also, according to Jodi, her father was physically abusive to her. Jodi said in court her dad had pushed her against tables, chairs, and the piano. According to her testimony in court, she said her dad had slapped her really hard two times one morning because she had lied to him about sneaking out the night before. Someone should tell Jodi's father that physical assault is against the law; it is an arrestable offense. He sounds like a jerk; he aint no gentleman Jim. Jodi's mom has more intelligence than the father. Jodi's mom carried around that wooden spoon to keep any bratty behavior in check-I love that. I don't think that it is assault to keep the kids in line with a wooden spoon.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Remember that Jodi is giving all these accounts about how she was treated by everyone, and she's a liar on a mission to avoid loss of her life.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Hi GD:

Leaving early, hope you are feeling better.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

hybridlment wrote:
Remember that Jodi is giving all these accounts about how she was treated by everyone, and she's a liar on a mission to avoid loss of her life.
Did you listen to tapes?

As to the others, some of it must be true.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Demulen 21 wrote:
For whomever said they were interested in true crime stories, here's another:
http://truecrimezine.com/joy-davis-aylor-geor...
Socialite with a hired hit man to take care of her cheating husband and his
mistress. She had the money to make bail and skip town.
JoA was never able to raise bail. She is not a socialite.
Wealth and Privilege, oddly aired yesterday.

This evil female (Aloy) deserved the DP, if
it was not for France, would have got it.
Her hired hit man did .and was executed. She
had a real high dollar $$$$$ Texas Atty's.

The jury came back on her in about four hours.
Good work.

JA is a kitten in comparison.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

GD:)

Will be interesting to see if the Jury starts
sending out notes to the judge, wanting re-reads
or what the definition of Is Is

Predicting no verdict until Friday

Off to Beverly Hills. Raining in LA.
Golden rule

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

hybridlment wrote:
hybridlment:
Yes. We do know that Jodi had lied about a lot of things; however, I do believe that Jodi's testimony in court about how her father had physically and verbally abused her are in fact true and accurate accounts.
Also, I do know her dad is on kidney dialysis. I am truly sorry to hear that.
Demulen 21

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Is this really her sister? Ang looks like Jod with lots of makeup.

http://jodiariasguilty.com/coy-grayson-incest...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Prescott Valley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Prescott Valley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••