Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVK Phoenix

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Comments (Page 227)

Showing posts 4,521 - 4,540 of7,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

great dreams LG :)

Since: Jan 13

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

City By The Bay wrote:
La ,, still no response as to why she rented a vehicle 100 miles away from her residence. Do you think its a big coincidence that the same caliber gun stolen from grandparents house was used in the murder.
You are LE ,,,wouldnt that raise some red flags if you were the lead investigator.
Her sister lives in Redding which is where the vehicle was rented.
Her grandparents gun which was a .25 caliber also had 7 hollowpoint bullets in it. They are extremely damaging when they hit the target. The top of it explodes and makes a much bigger hole than a regular full jacket bullet.
From the autopsy report we know that the dura mater was intact. This means that the bullet never entered the brain and this would work with a regular bullet. Horn had originally said the bullet was first according to Flores and it nearly caused a mistrial. Horn claimed he made a typo in his autopsy report that the dura mater was intact. Well if he did then he has just lost the trial for JM

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
Continued:
JM was out of line in describing her as being on a nefarious mission with Mormon Men. His comments to this effect, is prejudial, particularly in that Mormon's could be on the jury. Keep in mind that a PPL recruiter approached her cold in Big Sur. She then became involved with a PPL Cell in Palm Desert and was taken to the Las Vegas convention. TA approached her. Granted, she no doubt was attracted to the wholesome nature of Mormon Men, but not on a nefarious mission to seek them out for harm.
JA stuck with his original theory of full premeditation form the week before, starting with the burglary of her granparents place. Granted hes subsequent movements are incriminating. There still remains one hell of a lot of doubt, that she intended to kill him when he let her in.
Something happen in the last fifteen minutes.
Apparently sufficient evidence points to her stabbing him first. If that is the case, doubt is in her favor as to non premeditation, in that if she was so calculating and planned to stab him first, she would have known that it was suicide for her.
no Dura mater intact from autopsy report that means that the gun that was stolen from her grandparents which contained hollow point bullets would have been too powerful and would have penetrated the dura mater. Ergo it was someone else's gun although ironically the same caliber as the one that was stolen. I am open to the Ninja theory. Travis friends reported that he left the house unlocked. who would do that with a gun inside? The infamous doggy door was just a sliding door insert that meant you just opened the sliding door. Travis manipulated Jodi's image and his doodle friends were too dumb to question it. The doggy door insert was for a small pug and only a child smaller than 3 could have fit through the doggy door. I have a very very bitter taste in my mouth about Mormons. Travis is one thing but that no body questioned anything makes me think they have bricks for brains.

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
Dr Drew has all of the kooks on...Abe from Pasadena, a Body Posture reader and a few others...lol
All should wait for Mr Nurmi tomorrow. He could very well convince one or more of the jurors as to a non First Degree conviction.
Hearing again from this panel as to JA being a notorious stalker...Shocking stuff about her occasionaly checking his pc, emails, driving by his pad and looking one time in the window.
Well....Girls Do It All of the Time (sounds like a country song)...This was very minimal, hardly qualifies in the game of stalking. Now, this Sky Hughes is on. The one who found it so shocking that JA had listened by the door as they were bad mouthing her, while she was a guest in their home.
Girls check when they suspect other women on the scene. As it turns out Jodi was correct because he was with Deanna and flirting with others and then Lisa and and and. His friends said he was a big flirt. I think they liked him as a friend because he could break the ice with women and it made it easier for them to connect. Nothing worse than being a dork and not knowing how to open up a conversation.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
at 46:30 JM uses the phrase "scrambling my brains"
hmm where have we heard that before?
Goodmorning GD:)

Hope you are feeling better.

I heard JM use the "Scramble" terminology.

Damn, where did he hear that. Mere coincidence or is
he a visitor.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
Girls check when they suspect other women on the scene. As it turns out Jodi was correct because he was with Deanna and flirting with others and then Lisa and and and. His friends said he was a big flirt. I think they liked him as a friend because he could break the ice with women and it made it easier for them to connect. Nothing worse than being a dork and not knowing how to open up a conversation.
You r so cool and btw, brilliant. It's a biatch, being a dork...lol
Trust worthy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats your point pharma.

do you believe sandy hook really happened ,, do you think lasers brought down the twin towers.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>

Travis manipulated Jodi's image and his doodle friends were too dumb to question it.
From almost day one. He enjoyed doing do it and used it as an angle in his image enhancement. He played it in different directions.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
Her sister lives in Redding which is where the vehicle was rented.
Her grandparents gun which was a .25 caliber also had 7 hollowpoint bullets in it. They are extremely damaging when they hit the target. The top of it explodes and makes a much bigger hole than a regular full jacket bullet.
From the autopsy report we know that the dura mater was intact. This means that the bullet never entered the brain and this would work with a regular bullet. Horn had originally said the bullet was first according to Flores and it nearly caused a mistrial. Horn claimed he made a typo in his autopsy report that the dura mater was intact. Well if he did then he has just lost the trial for JM
That was one hell of a Typo.

Ms Wilmont was priceless in her reaction
during her final cross of Dr Jorn.

Det Flores is interesting, a very cool guy.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

GD

Will Mr Nurmi wear a dark business suit?
Probably, but difficult to predict. I like
Nurmi, he's his own man.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodmorning GD:)
Hope you are feeling better.
I heard JM use the "Scramble" terminology.
Damn, where did he hear that. Mere coincidence or is
he a visitor.
Good morning LG :)
thanks, very slow progress
yes, I'd have to replay it... Was he mocking her by repeating something she said on the stand (maybe someone told her that term to use) or, was he using it because he knows/heard/saw that term somewhere before?
Do you think he would've known it beforehand?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

LA Guy wrote:
GD
Will Mr Nurmi wear a dark business suit?
Probably, but difficult to predict. I like
Nurmi, he's his own man.
LG :) hmm, What would advise him to wear?
I wonder what Dr. N would say, because he does court appearance consulting.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

* LG, While waiting for a response from you and Dr. N. on the suit for Nurmi, I scanned his twitter, saw this from him:
"Our country was begun by Anglo Christians. Marxists want to change this. We can say HELL NO & make it stick"
He's correct.:) Agree?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

JM Closing "... she was stomping around TA like a wildebeest..." He paints a vivid picture of the attack.
JM Day 55 Part 3 talking about her lies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

JM wants Murder in the 1st Degree
he explains why and details points w/the juror instructions
start at 41:00 day 55 part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

GD:)

Nurmi in dark suit.
JA in Black

The media is so fake..now HLN'S talking heads
givin Mr Martinez a little lower grade, about
a B, last night it was a A+

Opening theme:
Fear
Love
Sex
Lies
Dirty Little Secretes

Nurmi stresses that the last Three Minutes
tell the tale..LA Guy spoke of the Last Fifteen

JM objecting less than a few mins
into Nurmi's presentation..another
objection from JM, less than five mins
in
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

wow
Nurmi said, 9 days out of 10 ,I don't like her. LG, wt ????
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Who's the Foxy Latina sitting right next to JA?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning LG :)
thanks, very slow progress
yes, I'd have to replay it... Was he mocking her by repeating something she said on the stand (maybe someone told her that term to use) or, was he using it because he knows/heard/saw that term somewhere before?
Do you think he would've known it beforehand?
Thought the same, not sure if she used Scrambled, but we know
who has used it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,521 - 4,540 of7,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Prescott Valley Discussions

Search the Prescott Valley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ronald Eugene Lee (Apr '10) 16 hr Ron Lee 4
Nostradamus 16 hr Nostradamus 47
Happening Again 20 hr Native Landlord 1
where can I buy some weed in N. Phoenix (Mar '10) Tue Craig 168
AZ AZ Hunting Amendment, Proposition 109 (Oct '10) Tue GulchGeek 91
looking for a gay hookup (Dec '12) Tue vinnyc 8
Review: Sun Valley Tire & Auto Service Jul 5 DONT GO HERE 1
•••
•••