Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 20 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4228 Apr 28, 2013
Typo

City of over 500 thousand
Yeah Right

Albuquerque, NM

#4229 Apr 28, 2013
Good Day is getting pissy cause the rest of us can see right through LA Guy. Did it ever occur to you that our men sit next to us and laugh at the two of you? Neither of you are as interesting as you think you are but you are mildly entertaining!
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4230 Apr 28, 2013
fyi I'm only respondimg to LG the rest of the eve and tomorrow
all previous opinions still stand

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4231 Apr 28, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard about it... LBPD in OIS almost every week.
I like their style, many two man units and highly visible.
The new Chief (Mc Donald) is ret from LAPD, he may run for Sheriff.
LBPD is a great Dept, it's a City of over 500 Million.
It's has morphed hard core, dangerous, a few idyllic spots,
like Belomont Shore, Naples, Park Estates. Every type of urban
renewal propject has failed. About 80% hood , but Cal State Long Beach still a popular destination, btw big in nursing, registered physical therapy and criminal justice majors...also large Gay population
Several highly regarded Hospitals, including the renown Long Beach Memorial. Also, a large Veteran's Hospital.
LBPD is one of the few that still runs their own Academy and Lab...also a great Class I FD
500 million? I don't think so.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4232 Apr 28, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Typo
LG you're a man of so many interesting things
love that :) I have a sherpa on me ...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4233 Apr 28, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Typo
as always, correct
Population in 2011: 462,645.
Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Long-Beach-Cali...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4234 Apr 28, 2013
LG I should get some sleep :)
xoxo Godspeed until tomorrow
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4235 Apr 28, 2013
GD:)

We are just relaxing, most have no clue.
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4236 Apr 28, 2013
continued

Most here, have no comprehension of history, law or human behavoir

This is an "Age old tragedy played out on the Stage of Life" ... yes, criminal in nature

OJ was offered a Manslaughter plea in LA
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4237 Apr 28, 2013
GD....hope you come back on tonight
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4238 Apr 28, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG I should get some sleep :)
xoxo Godspeed until tomorrow
OK, just saw this...goodnight xoxo
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4239 Apr 28, 2013
Sex tapes will not go away, jury could hang

Dr Horn's Geometry non sequitur could confuse

Stabbed first goes to non premeditation
LA Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4240 Apr 28, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, demoted or kicked out. I would say kicked out.
You were not asked if you wore a bra (unless someone knows you are a cross dresser). You did the asking of Good Day.
I appreciate the LE and the good job they do. It is a shame, however, they have the likes of you in it, if you ever were.
RR 253

U R all over the map, 253.

FYI - No mentiiond of a Bra

I have tried to help you from day one
Alamo Heights

Spring, TX

#4241 Apr 29, 2013
Andi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clearly projecting quite a bit of behavior and characteristics on TA that r not supported in any evidence anywhere. U r also ridiculously full of yourself and full of crap. Your pontificating and little "life details" are laughable. BTW, you refer to Jodi Arias as educated and demure. She is neither - she never ever graduated High School. Good sense you've got there guy :)
I wonder what Dr. DeMarte would say. ;-)
Alamo Heights

Spring, TX

#4242 Apr 29, 2013
Elise wrote:
First, LA guy, I seriously lol when I read "I'm in the big leagues here in LA"! This is no longer educated banter. Now I just think you're a dumbass trying to feel big over the Internet. So, if you want to go there...what makes you assume I'm not? You're ignorance just showed. I'm in Palm Springs now but born and raised in LA. And if you truly were/are one of the big dogs, then we've probably met. But judging from your posts about this case...I doubt it! Sarah is right about there being something seriously off with you. You will see in the end that she will be convicted and then realize your "opinion" is lacking common sense and your personality could use a little fine tuning also :)
Is gloating allowed if she gets at least 40 years, life in prison or death penalty?
Alamo Heights

Spring, TX

#4243 Apr 29, 2013
Elise wrote:
Ok, maybe I'm revealing too much here but this all seems ridiculous to me! And what's all this talk of "how he treated her"? He's a guy and she was putting out! There is something strangely conventional about the crowd analyzing his "behavior". She practically whispered that he came on her back because it was such a painful memory. And dear Lord, can I even repeat it?.... He.....well, he....bent her over! There I said it and now I feel dirty! I've never heard of such acts! And then he had the audacity to not take her as a wife! He absolutely deserved to have his throat slashes from ear to ear!
Now that the self-defense b.s. has been debunked, they scramble for "heat of passion"...
Almost 30 stab wounds including slit throat and a gunshot wound to the face is not "heat of passion"...
It's vengeance gone wild.

Everything that falls out of her mouth is b.s. She made him pose with a huge bottle of KY Jelly. Wonder if she had a gun/knife on him or someone else had a gun'knife on him while she snapped pictures. She certainly seems to have a lot of people who owe her favors.

She cried wolf one too many times. Also, according to her, she has been a victim of abuse since she was about 7 years old. I think she was going for the Sybil defense. Maybe she read the book.
She acts like she is a victim like the woman from "When Rabbit Howsl" who had MPD/dissociative disorder.
Alamo Heights

Spring, TX

#4244 Apr 29, 2013
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this with your unreasonable faith in JA's unreasonable diatribe? So you hope to hook up with her for Advanced S&M classes? My vision of you, my dirty ole man, is such that I would not think even JA would stoop that low.
As far as JVM, she will not believe anyone who says they were shaking like one of her precious Chihuahuas!
40 Shades of Grey has entered pop culture? May 1% of the population, horny women betwee 30 and 40?
Come on, LA, get real or get off OR keep being a pissing post for those who know you are full of crap and have some sort of unknown agenda.
Like I wrote, her story is b.s. and having GS back her up is meaningless. Is he another one of her dirty little secrets?
Alamo Heights

Spring, TX

#4245 Apr 29, 2013
Another Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows exactly what happened. The Medical Examiner never said what kind of knife was used.
The Knife could have been readily available, maybe they used it to cut the duct tape.
Exhibit #40:
http://blinkoncrime.com/wp-content/uploads/20...
Duct tape can be seen around Travis' arm in one of the photos that Jodi took of him lying on his bed. I wonder why the prosecutor hasn't mentioned it.
If he can't prove that she and maybe an accomplice forced TA to do certain things or even tortured him, he can't go there.
Alamo Heights

Spring, TX

#4246 Apr 29, 2013
wheezy_1969 wrote:
CONFIRMED : Matt McCartney was involved in the forged paedophile letters.
SHANNA HOGAN, author of Picture Perfect [via phone with Jane Velez-Mitchell]: Yes. That was one of the most shocking moments in court. We've known about this for a while. She communicated with her ex boyfriend, Matthew McCartney, through jail and he was involved in creating these letters that were later proven to be forgeries. And that was the only substantial evidence that was given to produce her -- to back up her statement.
So when he gave his first interview to the attorneys, he gave a very different story. And Jodi needed him back into the jail to talk about her version of events so he could come back and support her claim. So it was -- it was basically her soliciting false testimony from behind bars.
Where's MM now? The only witness left is that Geffner guy from California. I will not even watch him. Saw some of his seminars. I already know his attitude.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#4247 Apr 29, 2013
good morning LG :)
couldn't stay awake .... arm is still sore, typing at a minimum today :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prescott Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Albertsons monopoly game, a rip off 1 hr Steve 1
jews Sat RANSOM PRIDE 1
News To My Surprise Airport Shuttle Service shuttles... (Oct '10) Apr 30 Angela K 3
2003 Danny Chapa shoot out with police (Apr '14) Apr 30 Lydia Garcia 4
News Long-term care is likely reality; planning can ... Apr 30 Anthony Heaney 1
Review: Automania Apr 28 David 1
Officer Emilio Rodriguez (Sep '07) Apr 24 michiganfcps 5
More from around the web

Prescott Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]