Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

Jan 2, 2013 Full story: KTVK Phoenix 7,233

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Full Story
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2895 Apr 10, 2013
LG, 9 1/2 weeks scared me... loved The Family Man Nicolas Cage & Tea Leoni(well, no kids, and could live in either the high rise or house, but really liked their story):) just came to me, I haven';t thought of it in many years :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2896 Apr 10, 2013
LG, he never called her a bad girl, he just loved her, good guy, everyone wanted what they had :)
Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#2897 Apr 10, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
R U a Tranny? lol
Let me check
lmao
Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#2898 Apr 11, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
Could this be the reason why Arias and her defense team has filed for a Motion For Protective Order?(THe MPO I read about on the Justice for Travis site on Facebook and I found this link on HLN.) May it be her defense team does not want the jury to know about this (because Arias testified she was fine with Alexander taking someone else to Cancun)? If it is true Arias WAS once listed to be Alexandar's companion to travel with him to Cancun, and then he changed it to Mimi Hall, then it certainly proves Arias was either jealous and/or angry she was not going to Cancun with the man she loved.
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/22/was-jod...
If the above is true, so much for Cancun not being the trigger in Arias killing Alexander.
It may not have been the trip to Cancun that completely trigger the rage.
I believe TA told JAA that he thought Mimi was the one he wanted to marry.
I think at some point he may have kind of been kicking her shins to get her to
realize that she had been a fun girl to experiment with that she was not marriage
material.

She allegedly found out he had somebody over at his house (probably cruising by/stalking)
and stood outside, looking in the window and saw him kissing someone else and taking their bra off. The female expert witness claimed it wasn't any big deal because she had once had the code to get in through the garage but couldn't get in through the garage, so she went around to the front.

I don't believe she loved Travis. I don't believe she was capable of love and TA may have not been capable of true love and intimacy. Think of the emotionally unavailable men played by
Mickey Rourke in "9 and 1/2 Weeks" and later, "Wheeler" in "Wild Orchid"...
Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#2899 Apr 11, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Non Dignified, is this what a Mesa jury relates to...perhaps...greater Phoenix is still unsophisticated, atlhough it's our 5th largest City .. hopefully a few enlightened jurors on board.
Some jurors may very well hold a grudge to Phd's and higher education.
Shame this case is not being tried in LA or SF .. nowhere in AZ to ask for a suitable change of venue. If this had been a fight in a cheap beer joint between a couple shackinfemale g up, it could go well for the defendent...but understanding abusive B&D dynamic, may be a stretch for them.
There must be at least two jurors with the intellect to figure out that Jody was also a victim.
Isn't Phoenix referred to as the "arm pit of Arizona"?

What do you know about Sun City/Peoria, Cave Creek, Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler,
Flagstaff, Tucson, etc.?

Anyway, Yreka looks like a hellhole of a place to live with shacks and places to eat like
Casa Ramos and the Purple Plum, Best Western hotels, etc.

I looked up the street where she bought the house with Darryl Brewer. Ranch houses built in the 1970's. Couldn't pinpoint the exact address but definitely no home owner's association. One house was under 1,000 sq. feet and probably in the 130-150,000 range. She still had some kind of connection to Darryl Brewer to go ask him for gas cans rather than just buy them at Walmart like she did the third gas can. Dr Drew said JAA struck him as the type of person who would possibly burn down a house. She also allegedly told Brewer the reason she needed the cans was that she planned a trip to Mesa, Arizona. Oops. So much for the trip to Mesa as being unplanned.
Lexington

Otsego, MI

#2900 Apr 11, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
A room? We both have our own places and live alone.
LOL... go for it! I was just kidding you know.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2901 Apr 11, 2013
Goodmorn Hun:)

Hair cut, tax day, then office. Hope to be back by late afternoon. Warm and clear today in LA...feels good

Can't wait for LV to be excused and the next move on the chessboard

Kudos to our friend from Springs, Texas, he/she (lol) what a great creative mind and fun.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2902 Apr 11, 2013
Runs in the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Phoenix referred to as the "arm pit of Arizona"?
What do you know about Sun City/Peoria, Cave Creek, Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler,
Flagstaff, Tucson, etc.?
Anyway, Yreka looks like a hellhole of a place to live with shacks and places to eat like
Casa Ramos and the Purple Plum, Best Western hotels, etc.
I looked up the street where she bought the house with Darryl Brewer. Ranch houses built in the 1970's. Couldn't pinpoint the exact address but definitely no home owner's association. One house was under 1,000 sq. feet and probably in the 130-150,000 range. She still had some kind of connection to Darryl Brewer to go ask him for gas cans rather than just buy them at Walmart like she did the third gas can. Dr Drew said JAA struck him as the type of person who would possibly burn down a house. She also allegedly told Brewer the reason she needed the cans was that she planned a trip to Mesa, Arizona. Oops. So much for the trip to Mesa as being unplanned.
Yuma refered to as the armpit...I know Phoenix and all of those towns u mentioned...Tucson my fav real City in AZ

As to her pad with Brewer, Palm Desert or closey, prob correct on those values and most likely no HOA's .. they also prob pulled equity...in LA could have been easy $400k

Dr Drew is a fraud, but he was spot on in that JA was the type who could have burned down a guy's house. The entire gas can thing was beyond mere evasion on her part, but also invovled some sort of satisfaction in the "what if" scenarios. He triggeed it in the last fifteen, may have been something real nasty or even subtle.

You aptly described Yreka, all too typical of towns in far Northern Cal ... JA had to leave it, she had too much going for her...As to all of her negatives, she is not evil, but in her core good and was striving for upward class normalcy and the white picket fence.

Are you on board for a 15-20 year sentence?

Dlou
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2903 Apr 11, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Goodmorn Hun:)
Hair cut, tax day, then office. Hope to be back by late afternoon. Warm and clear today in LA...feels good
Can't wait for LV to be excused and the next move on the chessboard
Kudos to our friend from Springs, Texas, he/she (lol) what a great creative mind and fun.
Good morning LG, ok, good :) Did you fall asleep online last night? missed you... agree, ready for LV to go.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2904 Apr 11, 2013
Lexington wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... go for it! I was just kidding you know.
I know, enjoy having you here.

How do you feel about the 15-20 year sentence range?
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2905 Apr 11, 2013
Runs in the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me check
lmao
ditto, lmao

You might like LA???
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2906 Apr 11, 2013
Good Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning LG, ok, good :) Did you fall asleep online last night? missed you... agree, ready for LV to go.
10-4 as to all of the above:)

Leaving now, hun, talk later
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2907 Apr 11, 2013
LG, JA: did you see her on the Interrogation tapes? Especially,#7? The way she responded to LE and was so self-absorbed, to say that "what his family is dealing with is Temporary" (that's evil), ombined w/her journal, myspace, and testimony, she is lacking enough at her core to make her even remotely adequate to qualify as normal. She was a drifter w/a pretty face, and that is fading quickly. She is on borrowed time w/everyone around her.
Ravenna

Spring, TX

#2909 Apr 11, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, in simple terms she did snap. They were both caught up in a highly sexually fueled vortex, with elements of BDSM. A dangerous erotic game, with Travis as the Dom, who degraded her and broke her down emotionaly. He said or did something while in the shower, which finaly pushed her into a blurred rage. She loved Travis too much. This is a crime of passion and is traditionaly charged in most jurisdictions as manslaughter. Latina women are prone to lash out at continued abuse, much more so than other races.
FYI - I'm a handsome successfull white male in LA, who is aware of the dynamics in cases like this one. I have also dated women who look like Jody and who had the same demeanor on the surface.
She's an idiot. She was paying him for the car that was destroyed by towing it to yreka. She allegedly was driving a truck and I think her mother was helping her move. Very briefly shown was him confirming by text how far away she was from Yreka. I believe he wanted her to leave.

Have you entertained the thought that the "sex tape" she has might not be Travis? It could be someone who could replicate his voice or has this been verified as being him?

Trial is back on. Did Violet take off her shower curtain and wear it? Another hideous choice.
Lexington

United States

#2910 Apr 11, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, enjoy having you here.
How do you feel about the 15-20 year sentence range?
Well I think it is to light. At best (for her) I think she should get 2nd degree murder. 25 to life for that. The more I hear the more I think it is 1st degree.

My grandfather was murdered in a robbery when I was a kid. 3 young men were convicted. Because of turning States evidence one of them ended up serving 6 months, the longest got 5 years and was out in 3.5 years. The Guy that got the longest sentence got out and killed 2 more people, one was killed in a bar fight, and the other died of cancer at a young age. The reason I tell you this is as the family of a victim, the sentence never ends. My Grandmother was never the same, my mother and her brother had to sit thru the trial and listen to crap like the defense is passing out.
Ravenna

Spring, TX

#2911 Apr 11, 2013
The thing that hasn't been brought out is that not only was Travis viciously murdered, but he didn't even have a chance to marry or have children. This family not only lost him but also lost the chance of having a sister-in-law and nieces and nephews.

I'm not sure how she did it, but I believe she somehow probably restrained him and did part of the killing. I don't believe that she did all that in a couple of minutes. Too much weight is being put on the time stamps on the cameras.
To me, it no longer matters how it happens. Whether she tied him up and carved on him, shot him, took out his heart, rolled him to the shower on a dolly or a bed sheet, it doesn't matter. He is gone and he left this earth in a brutal manner.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2912 Apr 11, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, JA: did you see her on the Interrogation tapes? Especially,#7? The way she responded to LE and was so self-absorbed, to say that "what his family is dealing with is Temporary" (that's evil), ombined w/her journal, myspace, and testimony, she is lacking enough at her core to make her even remotely adequate to qualify as normal. She was a drifter w/a pretty face, and that is fading quickly. She is on borrowed time w/everyone around her.
Hey Luv

Go back to sqaure one, her brains had been scrabled, cumulative emotional breakdown by TA

Her former main stream BF of five years, Brewer, still speaks in positive terms of her...kind, non aggressive, loving

So she meets TA and the drastic change, she turns into an evil killer???

Most of the rest of her machinations are moot, but difficult to comprehend as same by the lay public ho have not been exposed ti these matter.

A sad commentary is that all of the behavoir and events are not all that uncommon in these matters. Just one reason why most are charged as Manslaughter.

You had been on board to the "Age old tragedy, once again played out of the stage of life"

LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2913 Apr 11, 2013
What is all this play acting by JVM in some mock police interview.

Also more female guests, who had lived in abusive relations and did not kill. Thus they beleive that JA was not abused. Makes no damn sense at all.

Anecdotes, that's all.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2914 Apr 11, 2013
Ravenna wrote:
The thing that hasn't been brought out is that not only was Travis viciously murdered, but he didn't even have a chance to marry or have children. This family not only lost him but also lost the chance of having a sister-in-law and nieces and nephews.
I'm not sure how she did it, but I believe she somehow probably restrained him and did part of the killing. I don't believe that she did all that in a couple of minutes. Too much weight is being put on the time stamps on the cameras.
To me, it no longer matters how it happens. Whether she tied him up and carved on him, shot him, took out his heart, rolled him to the shower on a dolly or a bed sheet, it doesn't matter. He is gone and he left this earth in a brutal manner.
"An age old tragedy once again played out on the stage of Life"

This viscous murder did not occur in a vacuum.

Everything you wrote is accurate, sad, enraging...all behyond comprehension... but does not change the equation. Manslaughter.

What do you not understand about the "Age old tragedy once again played on the stage of Life"

As smart as you are, you cannot be naive to this.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#2915 Apr 11, 2013
LV was accurate in general, but failed not so much information wise, but in her delivery and unprofessional arguementative nature the first day on cross.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prescott Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alexis DelChiaro (Sep '10) 4 hr azguy1 75
Review: Arizona's Children Assn - Jessie Gillam... (Oct '11) 17 hr Nunya 3
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Sat rex 694
Looking for book on how to counter liberals in ... (Aug '12) Nov '14 The crazy jew 7
Asphalt replacement at Lake Valley Road, Pav Wa... Nov '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
Michaela Windsor of Prescott Valley Investigate... Oct '14 Child Care Services 1
vardar damaging soccer (Oct '10) Aug '14 Vardar Arizona Su... 11
Prescott Valley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Prescott Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Prescott Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Prescott Valley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:59 am PST