Jodi Arias claims self-defense as mur...

Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins

There are 7233 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 2, 2013, titled Jodi Arias claims self-defense as murder trial begins. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A defense attorney says an Arizona woman charged with stabbing and shooting her boyfriend to death in 2008 acted in self-defense because he was violent and abusive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2772 Apr 9, 2013
LG, Did Martinez review the I-tapes and see what everyone who sees those tapes, take note of?
Even the female detective who interviewed Jodi said that she was jerking her chain, and playing games... wow, this is going to shut the door on JA, no way the defense can avoid or fix a manipulative Jodi.
LA Guy

United States

#2773 Apr 9, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, please see #2751 , do you agree??
Will re-read and get back in touch.

I just tuned in again and noticed something rather spooky unless it was contrived acting. LV & Jody with same depressed, feel sorry for me affect, even as to clothing and cleaning up.

Will give Martine much credit for doing his homework and his more gentlemanly style today. He should stay in this tone in his final arguements, but doubt if he will.

Wilmont looks fabulous in her navy blue business outfit and stylishly well groomed. Even Martinez has upped his game, dress and grooming wise. Nurmi is always so damn cool and his own man.

The three Attorney's in this case reflect our American pride and individualism, in my humble opinion. Looking back, I have been too hard on Martinez.
Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#2774 Apr 9, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I just tuned in again and noticed something rather spooky unless it was contrived acting. LV & Jody with same depressed, feel sorry for me affect, even as to clothing and cleaning up.
Will give Martine much credit for doing his homework and his more gentlemanly style today. He should stay in this tone in his final arguements, but doubt if he will.
Wilmont looks fabulous in her navy blue business outfit and stylishly well groomed. Even Martinez has upped his game, dress and grooming wise. Nurmi is always so damn cool and his own man.
The three Attorney's in this case reflect our American pride and individualism, in my humble opinion. Looking back, I have been too hard on Martinez.
What about Jodie and Alyce. Would it be okay if I refer to them as Odie and Garfield from here on out?
A lasagna would not stand a chance with "Garfield"...
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2775 Apr 9, 2013
Manipulative Pro. Jodi in action on the I-tapes:
Check out the female detective, finally calls Jodi on "jerking her chain, and wasting her time "
Start this at 19:00 if you want to skip a lot of Nothing from Jodi... this is the 10th I-tape video session (there are 18 total) This detective gave her so many sessions, opportunities and gets Nothing.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2776 Apr 9, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, talk later :) have a great day, great man :)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2777 Apr 9, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think JM is finally relaxing into a confident home stretch, or so it appears, now. He looks much more controlled and deliberate w/his questions. Good for him. He did have some bad days... I agree, maybe I've been too hard on him as well.
I can see trial now, and LV is making points for Pros.
Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#2778 Apr 9, 2013
How many places did she work? It was Casa Ramos and now Purple Plum which I read is a step down from a Denny's and close to a Best Western motel in Yreka CA.

Do we want to go over again one of the reasons why she left Mesa Az
besides the obvious?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2779 Apr 9, 2013
LG, I've always like Nurmi. He is the epitome of control and confidence, without arrogance (as compared to Baez, Jeff Ashton, or Mason). I really like Willmott, but I think she's been drinking JA kool-aid.
I think Nurmi is unimpressed w/Jodi, and probably has a wife who values him; he's not swooning over JA and I think she senses that.
LA Guy

United States

#2780 Apr 9, 2013
Wow, judged sustained defense objections on the airing of the video (JA's Dad), going back to JA's behavoir at 14 years of age .. it was prejudicial, a sneaky move by Martinez, the ruse was to impeach LV

Now judge gave some wiggle room...this judge only gives half a loaf

Where are you, GD?
ten four roger that

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2781 Apr 9, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, Did Martinez review the I-tapes and see what everyone who sees those tapes, take note of?
Even the female detective who interviewed Jodi said that she was jerking her chain, and playing games... wow, this is going to shut the door on JA, no way the defense can avoid or fix a manipulative Jodi.
Brilliant!
ten four roger that

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2782 Apr 9, 2013
Good Day wrote:
LG, I've always like Nurmi. He is the epitome of control and confidence, without arrogance (as compared to Baez, Jeff Ashton, or Mason). I really like Willmott, but I think she's been drinking JA kool-aid.
I think Nurmi is unimpressed w/Jodi, and probably has a wife who values him; he's not swooning over JA and I think she senses that.
Brilliant
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2783 Apr 9, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Wow, judged sustained defense objections on the airing of the video (JA's Dad), going back to JA's behavoir at 14 years of age .. it was prejudicial, a sneaky move by Martinez, the ruse was to impeach LV
Now judge gave some wiggle room...this judge only gives half a loaf
Where are you, GD?
:) something going on w/topix for me... I had to close my window and go back in from yahoo search ???? Not in LA, so I guess AT&T isn't as efficient here :)*LG even the woman det. said JA jerking her chain & Det. Flores said every person they talked to about had somethig bad to say regarding her and TA
Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#2784 Apr 9, 2013
How many more days of gas cans, anal sex, KY Jelly, Astroglide, questions about all of her boyfriends they know about and now her dad say she hasn't been able to tell the truth from age 14 until now and still isn't. Will JM try to get the mom's testimony also? Does Odie-J know how her family really feels about her and with her being in her own world, would it make a difference? Is she busy doing some of her great Snow White with a black eye art work or is she working on her manifesto? Isn't she supposed to be paying attention to the trial?
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2785 Apr 9, 2013
Curious: 10 four roger that, what is your background, profession, etc. if I may ask? Or spouse's (trucking, LE, armed services)
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2786 Apr 9, 2013
LG, Where are you :)?
wasSnowWhiteAbus ed

Kansas City, MO

#2787 Apr 9, 2013
I think what the judge did allow was huge. I think that more will come. He got it in, it was the fault of ALV for stating that Jodi was truthful. That was a huge mistake of the defense of letting that can of worms be opened up. I think the jury is, most likely, now doubting ALV' whole testimony. She really started out to be a good witness for Jodi. The more I listen to this I am thinking that if she gets and appeal on any ground it will be ineffective councel.
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2788 Apr 9, 2013
uh oh, LV isn't very good w/specifics.. seems to lack professional experience w/cross
Good Day

Lincoln, CA

#2789 Apr 9, 2013
LG, I have a brand new U-Verse cable, and I have problems with only topix.com . Do you experience any issues with it refreshing or loading comments?
LA Guy

United States

#2790 Apr 9, 2013
Good Day wrote:
Great point.

Although your family and career was in N Cal, had you contemplated a life in So Cal back in the day? Do you have any pics of your great Grandfather in his SFPD uniform. Irishmen for years in SF dominated the SFPD, probably even more so than NYPD where they were in large numbers...same as to Boston

When your are in LA, I will invite you to the LAPD museum, still housed in an historic police station in an oild part of the City, north of Elysian Park (circa 30's), north of Dodger Stadium.

I have heard over the years from many women, even out of towners, that LAPD cops looked very sharp and physicaly fit, vs other large cities. The uniform is a very dark blue, no shoulder patch, a sleeker look, unless in Swat or Traffic, a very distinctive badge. The former minimum height was 5' 9", but court decisions have disrupted these standards.

I don't like to see cops in baseball hats, back in the day wore a formal police hat with cap piece (badge) when in public, highly polished black shoes. Like military officer's hats and uniforms. Guy's when they finished probation, had medium length well groomed hair, not buzz cuts. Many Detectives wore expensive well cut business suits, right out of GQ (Esquire) back then. Of course, they were all from a few of the higher end suit manufactureres in the garment district, all at a large discount Something in todays terms like a suit going for $1K at Nordstroms, at about $300 bucks for the cops. A lot of cop's were players, in these big cities. I came on young, back in the early 70's, different era then.
Runs in the Family

Spring, TX

#2791 Apr 9, 2013
Who thinks someone may be drinking heavily at night? ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prescott Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The home foreclosure thread Sun Donna 2
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Sat chuckles 1,177
On it Sat Code library 1
The Dome house and the occupants. Only One in D... Sat joe smith 3
John McCain Fri Richies Cool Man ... 2
Review: M&P Venture Partners LLC (Mar '13) Jul 21 Tell the Truth 23
News Some evacuees return to Arizona homes as fires ... Jun 30 Presidential 1

Prescott Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prescott Valley Mortgages