Boycott Goodwill Stores During Holidays
shocked

Tempe, AZ

#1001 Jun 1, 2013
Porky you look like a huge tub of lard. Teter you are not far behind. I guess those huge salaries you cheat from Goodwill is making you Porky a big fat whale. Kim stay away from Porky he could crush you to death.
shocked

Tempe, AZ

#1002 Jun 19, 2013
Another Goodwill Junk store opening. Hey, Porky we will have to change the name of Phoenix, Arizona to Goodwill, Arizona. Your JUNK STORES are bringing down the value of OUR homes near these junk stores. PORKY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. BUILD A GOODWILL JUNK STORE NEXT DOOR TO YOU.
shocked

Phoenix, AZ

#1003 Jun 24, 2013
PORKY stop putting your unwanted smelly stores in our neighborhoods. When will you get the message?????????? Your stores are all stinky places that are full of junk. Teter your CEO must be getting all his ideas from you PORKY as he looks like he is brainless.
moon valley resident

Phoenix, AZ

#1004 Jun 24, 2013
GOODWILL we do not want you in Moon Valley,
THE GLAVE

Chattanooga, TN

#1005 Jun 25, 2013
The Goodwill store that we have here is a really high in price for stuff that (was given to them in the first place). They are really bad to skimp on important things like AIR CONDITIONING. HELLO GOODWILL!! it IS summer time now. My wife was in the
G.W. store here the other day looking through any art work that they may have had there and she said it was so hot in there that some people were having trouble breathing and so they had to leave. She also said that they barely have any heat in there during the winter months.
goodwill scum

Tempe, AZ

#1006 Jun 29, 2013
We do not want you in Moon Valley so why not pack all your garbage donations and GET OUT. Why do you want to trash neighborhoods??? All you do is line corporate pockets. Nobody wants your low paying jobs, as we cannot survive on your wages.

So get the hell out of my neighborhood.
Been There

Tempe, AZ

#1007 Jul 3, 2013
Goodwill at Cave Creek and Cactus Road is closing in October of this year. Goodwill at 7th Street and Dunlap is closing but moving to another location close to John C. Lincoln Hospital (the former Food City building).

Goodwill is paying a premium lease rate for the Moon Valley location –$12.50 per foot with $500,000 in Tenant Improvements. The TI’s include repaving the parking lot, new AC units, and painting the AJ’s store front.

Continue our email campaign to the Mayor, Vice Mayor, and Goodwill Industries of Central Arizona. We need to respectfully let our elected leaders and Goodwill know that our community is united in our opposition to this store.
Barbie

Warren, MI

#1008 Jul 3, 2013
Big Gun wrote:
Boycott Goodwill Stores during the holidays..spend your money on other local business, that aren't out to make a buck and cuddling illegals..they continue to mislead the public about where the revenue goes from your donations. 90 % of their "feel good" programs are government funded. Too many fat cats(for a non profit) are lining their pockets from your donations..A good example is the Clearance Center off of 51st and Van Buren...higher prices on non quality items. They haul out junk.
Show Goodwill, they need to lower their outrageous prices for you to continue shopping in their stores. Less customers spending their money in Goodwill stores..means less money they can fraud its usage out of the public.
Yeah, overpriced forvsure
goodwill scum

Tempe, AZ

#1009 Jul 4, 2013
Been There wrote:
Goodwill at Cave Creek and Cactus Road is closing in October of this year. Goodwill at 7th Street and Dunlap is closing but moving to another location close to John C. Lincoln Hospital (the former Food City building).
Goodwill is paying a premium lease rate for the Moon Valley location –$12.50 per foot with $500,000 in Tenant Improvements. The TI’s include repaving the parking lot, new AC units, and painting the AJ’s store front.
Continue our email campaign to the Mayor, Vice Mayor, and Goodwill Industries of Central Arizona. We need to respectfully let our elected leaders and Goodwill know that our community is united in our opposition to this store.
Porky's mistress Kim Ryder was to represent Goodwill at a meeting with Moon Valley residents. Of course the metting was a no show. Kim Ryder a Goodwill manager was given the job in corporate as Vice President of real estate. She is not capable to represent Goodwill in this capacity. We all know how she got her job in Goodwill Corporate. I guess in Goodwill Corporate if you are a mistress to Tim O'neal (alias PORKY) you can have a job created for you with a mega salary. Goodwill is shoving their filthy store down the throats of the Moon Valley residents - when they are fighting to keep Goodwill out. GOODWILL paid over retail price for this location. It just shows what an unethical company they are.
Been There

Phoenix, AZ

#1010 Jul 6, 2013
Goodwill of Central Arizona is pushing this idea even though they helped repeal the requirement that they get a Use permit and give the neighborhood notice of their huge store, and even though the burden of getting a permit and paying a fee will not apply to them because they do not use drop boxes! Only their competitors do!

This is a great opportunity to let the City know we don’t appreciate what they have done to us and to demand that they do whatever it takes to stop the store in our neighborhood from ever opening. The hypocrisy of requiring a Use permit and a fee and giving neighbors notice and an opportunity to object to a “charity drop box” but not giving us notice and an opportunity to object to a store, is unbelievable!
Been There

Tempe, AZ

#1011 Jul 20, 2013
Goodwill of Central Arizona
1911 W Thunderbird Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85023

This store is a good place to drop off. Not very good to shop, especially if you want to try something on from clothing. The change cubicle is filthy and I wouldn't go back in there. How difficult is it to accomodate people like human beings instead of camp prisoners? You people suck at retailing.

By Cyphe3r
Been There

Tempe, AZ

#1012 Jul 20, 2013
3122 S McClintock Dr, Tempe, AZ 85282

I went into Goodwill and looked at the jewelry a large man walked up and said I just got out of jail, no just kidding then gestured and ask me to give him what I was looking at I handed it to him and said Do you mind, he went into a rage he got the manager, she was rubbing his arms and another lady too ALL the jewelry and placed it on the counter for him he was staring at me as if to hurt me very bad I am 62 and just got out of the hospital and my mother passed 3 days ago, he was treated like VIP and I am afraid for my life to every return to Goodwill, do not go unless you are a male and very strong
Been There

Tempe, AZ

#1013 Jul 20, 2013
10465 S Country Club Dr, Mesa, AZ 85210

I would mention to shop somewhere else as this place has not only racist but rude and the employees also put customers first based upon appearances and being flirtatious. The employees have and will curse like a sailor in front of all customers regardless of who is around and they do not abide by what the manager says by any means. Very unprofessional and poorly run management..Not even worth mentioning to anyone besides They finally shut this place down. I only chose 1 star because there is not an option for ZERO stars. If your reading this then you have been warned.
shocked

Glendale, AZ

#1014 Jul 22, 2013
Goodwill's Charity Racket: CEOs Earn Top-Dollar, Workers Paid Less Than Minimum Wage

An American multi-national corporation, which accepts millions of dollars in government funds, pays its top executives more than half a million dollars per year in total compensation, while simultaneously paying some of its employees less than the federal minimum wage.

"Goodwill Industries is one of the most well-known charitable organizations in the United States, but most members of the general public are unaware that Goodwill exploits people with disabilities," said Dr. Marc Maurer, President of the National Federation of the Blind, which has organized a nationwide protest of offending Goodwill organizations. "We are conducting informational protests to make the public aware of this practice that, although sadly still legal, is unfair, discriminatory, and immoral."

That the workers are people with disabilities only serves to make this labor exploitation worse. Individuals that are most in need of legal protection from employment abuse are being mistreated by a nonprofit organization that claims its mission is to serve the disabled and disadvantaged.

Last year, a former Goodwill executive was sentenced to 70 months in prison for embezzling $1million from MERS/Missouri Goodwill Industries Inc., according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. In California, smaller charities, such as D.A.R.E. America, say that Goodwill has acted like a nonprofit bully and is currently using powerful lobbyists to shut down their clothing donation programs.
shocked

Glendale, AZ

#1015 Jul 22, 2013
In 2010, Goodwill Industries International, Inc., the national parent corporation for all of the nation's secondhand clothing affiliates, paid its president and CEO James Gibbons more than half a million dollars in compensation. And dozens of state and local chapters copied the national headquarters' executive extravagance. Here's a rundown of the recent executive compensation packages for the three Florida-based Goodwill organizations that pay some employees less than minimum wage:

•$440,197- CEO of Goodwill Industries-Suncoast, Inc.

•$316,685- CEO of Goodwill Industries of South Florida, Inc.

•$393,001- CEO of Goodwill Industries of Central Florida, Inc.

In California, these five Goodwill organizations exploit the special minimum wage exemption and pay executives top-dollar. A short sample of some executive compensation packages over the past few years:

•$282,295- CEO of Goodwill Industries of San Diego County

•$265,388- CEO of Goodwill Industries of Orange County

•$376,317- CEO of Goodwill Industries of Sacramento Valley & Northern Nevada

•$507,898- CEO of Goodwill of Southern California

•$344,754- CEO of Goodwill Industries of Santa Clara County/ Silicon Valley
Been There

Tempe, AZ

#1016 Jul 31, 2013
We, the undersigned residents of the greater Moon Valley neighborhood and adjacent communities,
oppose the installation of a Goodwill used merchandise store at the site
formerly occupied by AJ’s Fine Foods boutique market (Shaw Butte Center at the
southwest corner of 7th Street and Thunderbird Road), and we petition as
follows:

1) To Goodwill Industries: We request that you abandon your efforts to
locate a Goodwill store at the Shaw Butte Center. It is not compatible with our
neighborhood. In protest of the
detrimental impact this store will have on our community, we will cease
donations to your organization and will not shop at any Goodwill store.

2) To the landlord of the proposed Goodwill
store, 7Bird Property Partners, LLC: We request that you release Goodwill from any
lease they have with you at the Shaw Butte Center, and obtain an alternative
tenant who fits the character and needs of our community. We offer our support in locating a tenant that
will help attract and retain other quality businesses to the area.

3) To the Phoenix City Council: We request that you restore the “use permit”
requirement for stores such as Goodwill that primarily sell second hand or used
merchandise. We are aware that you
recently removed this requirement at Goodwill Industries’ behest. We oppose your change to the city code as it stifles
a neighborhood’s ability to vocalize its concerns and preserve its character.

4) To Vice Mayor Bill Gates: We, your
constituents, request that you stand up for our community by helping to block
the location of a Goodwill store at the Shaw Butte Center, by helping to secure
a more appropriate tenant suitable for our neighborhood, and by taking the lead
to restore the “use permit” requirement for stores that primarily sell second
hand or used merchandise.
SHOCKED

Phoenix, AZ

#1017 Aug 7, 2013
Letter to Goodwill Attorneys - May 5, 2013

Dear Mr. Morris and Mr. Graff,

I am very disappointed. You said in our meeting at 2:30 on Friday that you would deal with us in good faith. By 7:27 p.m. on Friday, you broke your promise. You said that you would send me the cancelation notice to send out to the neighborhood. I told you that I would. And yet, you sent the notice out on Friday night to just certain neighbors but not to me. Without a huge effort many of the neighbors will not know about the cancelation, until they show up at All Saints for the meeting. Can you imagine the outrage this would cause?

I have received calls and emails asking me if it is true. Our neighborhood is very frustrated and disappointed. They have do not have even a shred of confidence that Goodwill will honor its promises. The cancelation of the meeting is not sitting well with them. There are several local school gyms that could have accommodated the Open House. They feel that not honoring your meeting is a further break of good faith.

Vice Mayor Gates I want to believe that you will stand up for us. I believe that right is right and wrong is wrong.

I am dealing with you honestly and respectfully. I will not accept anything less from all of you.

Jolene Capparelle
Moonridge HOA
SHOCKED

Phoenix, AZ

#1019 Aug 7, 2013
How dare Goodwill insist on opening a thrift store in a neighboohood where they are not wanted. Miss Kim Ryder who just happens to be O'Neal' mistress had her job created for her in Goodwill CORPORATE. She was a cashier and perhaps no higher than a manager and has no knowledge of real estate. Goodwill had to hire another person to do her job. A mistress with a mega dollar job.
el llantero mas perro

Phoenix, AZ

#1020 Aug 7, 2013
yall bitches though ha sike dont forget my present hmu me when you have it the name carlos though 6233870100
Anoyomous

United States

#1021 Aug 12, 2013
Boycotting the Ashland Goodwill store in Oregon for refusing public asset especiall , those who are handcapped and disabled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prescott Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
adults gh and theaters 15 hr Guest 3
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 17 hr HotnPhx 858
What it like to live in..... (Jan '07) May 22 Yanett 10
Frito lay lies to customers and employees May 21 guest 48
Mr. Vince aka Phoebus V Smith/ Saundra Smith (Apr '06) May 20 Frank Da Blessed ... 196
arizona dps cops (Jan '11) May 18 Ralph Mac 6
News Calendar of Events: Feb. 18-28 Feb '16 MARIANN 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prescott Valley Mortgages