Altered mural fuels racial debate in ...

Altered mural fuels racial debate in Prescott

There are 4 comments on the Arizona Republic story from Jun 4, 2010, titled Altered mural fuels racial debate in Prescott. In it, Arizona Republic reports that:

A group of artists has been asked to lighten the faces of children depicted in a giant public mural at a Prescott school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arizona Republic.

Barros Serrano

United States

#1 Jun 4, 2010
This is an incredible story are brings to light a lot of the problems with Arizona. The whites there are in large part RACIST lowlife, obviously!

People driving by yelling ethnic slurs because a mural shows black and Mexican children... my my. And complaining that the largest figure is black... well, sometimes the largest person in the room is black, so what?

Lighten their faces... so they'll appear "happier"??? Are LIGHT people happier? I don't think the morons yelling ethnic slurs at these artists represent "happy" people, do you?

Mexican muralist Diego Rivera, one of the great artists of the 20th century, had his mural in NYC effaced on orders from Rockefeller himself... it was too "communist"...

Censorship, fascism... these things are not dead in the USA, unfortunately, and neither is racism.

Arizona needs to be slapped down... perhaps some Federal troops la Mississippi Burning...

out_

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 4, 2010
Lane said that he received only three complaints about the mural and that his request for a touch-up had nothing to do with political pressure. "We asked them to fix the shading on the children's faces," he said. "We were looking at it from an artistic view. Nothing at all to do with race."

---

You'll no doubt say that Lane is being disingenuous, but, of course, your (or any) interpretation is open to the same skepticism.

Interestingly, you've repeatedly argued that businesses who hire illegal immigrants should be held accountable for their actions, but that the immigrants themselves should face no penalty for their crime. One could, therefore, view anything you say with the understanding that you've often argued a hypocritical stance.
Barros Serrano

United States

#3 Jun 4, 2010
I could view anything you say as the drooling of an idiot, as you have clearly demonstrated that you are a RACIST.

When did Lane become an art critic? He's going to tell trained artists how to shade faces? LOL...

Face it, Arizona is a racist pit.

out_

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Jun 4, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
I could view anything you say as the drooling of an idiot, as you have clearly demonstrated that you are a RACIST.
When did Lane become an art critic? He's going to tell trained artists how to shade faces? LOL...
Face it, Arizona is a racist pit.
Thanks for proving my point. You need not think critically so long as you can cry "RACISM!" and avoid any challenge whatsoever. And I'll not "face it" any more than you'll attempt to understand anything that falls outside of your predetermined, race-baiting agenda.

You have decided that all of Arizona and me (6.6 million + 1) people are racists. I have decided that you (1) are. Who's generalizing and stereotyping now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prescott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dome house and the occupants. Only One in D... Jul 22 joe smith 3
Mayer Dome Home Jul 5 Joe Smith 3
Review: Cedar Tree Montessori Preschool (Oct '14) Jul 3 nnono 16
News Some evacuees return to Arizona homes as fires ... Jun 30 Presidential 1
Officer Emilio Rodriguez (Sep '07) Jun '17 funny 8
Mr. Vince aka Phoebus V Smith/ Saundra Smith (Apr '06) May '17 John doe 197
Living in HIGHLAND PINES is SCARY!!! (May '11) Apr '17 SELF RELIANT 27

Prescott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance