First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ppd

Florence, MS

#1 Jan 9, 2013
Shady land deals have created havoc for locals. One arrested yesterday, more to come.
ilh

Florence, MS

#2 Jan 9, 2013
whu'chew tawgin''bout, willis?
Ppd

Florence, MS

#3 Jan 11, 2013
According to the Prentiss Headache, David Waites was arrested and booked into the county jail. His picture was on the front page. Just the tip of the iceberg, I'm told.
upset decart

AOL

#4 Jan 13, 2013
some more of them SHADY LAND DEALS listed in collins news paper ,only it names the state and the tax collector also (when some folk don't pay thays taxes It bees illeagle for de guberment to sell it fer tax due)and oh yes they not white it names all 300 heirs in the suit and the land description is less than 40 acres !

Since: Mar 12

Jackson, MS

#5 Jan 14, 2013
Ppd wrote:
According to the Prentiss Headache, David Waites was arrested and booked into the county jail. His picture was on the front page. Just the tip of the iceberg, I'm told.
Who is David Waites and where is he from?

Jackson, MS

#6 Jan 14, 2013
upset decart wrote:
some more of them SHADY LAND DEALS listed in collins news paper ,only it names the state and the tax collector also (when some folk don't pay thays taxes It bees illeagle for de guberment to sell it fer tax due)and oh yes they not white it names all 300 heirs in the suit and the land description is less than 40 acres !
Actually the buyer buys the chance for taxes due and if the taxes are not redeemed or paid up at the tax assessor within 3 years it is the one who paid the taxes.

Jackson, MS

#7 Jan 14, 2013
hawkeyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the buyer buys the chance for taxes due and if the taxes are not redeemed or paid up at the tax assessor within 3 years it is the one who paid the taxes.
Actually,Indeed to read the Prentiss Headlight.

I hear it will go before the grand jury.

I heard the agriculture depth has a hotline for anyone else this happened to.

A very reliable friend said these people's land was just taken before the 3years was up.

I also heard this is the tip of the iceberg.

Terry, MS

#8 Jan 14, 2013
hawkeyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually,Indeed to read the Prentiss Headlight.
I hear it will go before the grand jury.
I heard the agriculture depth has a hotline for anyone else this happened to.
A very reliable friend said these people's land was just taken before the 3years was up.
I also heard this is the tip of the iceberg.
Well I just read the paper and I will just pray for all involved and that the truth comes out.

I think I have heard some speculation. Who knows?
Unt Esther

Florence, MS

#9 Jan 14, 2013
hawkeyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is David Waites and where is he from?
He a goot boy. He frumduh 'hood. You cain't jedge him. Don't be cas' duh fuss stone from yo' glazz houze. He jus' got mess up widduh wrawng crowd. He gon' be a rappuh. He in chuch e'ry Sundy mawning. He got a promisin' career ahead of him in the NFL. He a goodt daddy to my daughter and she cuzin and her baby sistuh cheelrin. He was a honuh stoo'nt when he leff high school in duh nint' grade.

Just effin' with you.
Ppd

Florence, MS

#10 Jan 24, 2013
When will slick Issaic, the property "spotter" get to the jailhouse? He is David's right hand man and helped him steal the properties, as he himself stole timber for years. Heard he recently leased land to some hunters that he did NOT own. Maybe the investigators should start with an employee at the Chancery Clerk's office that notarized documents where the seller was not present. Fraud at its finest!
hawkeyes

Canton, MS

#11 Jan 25, 2013
Ppd wrote:
When will slick Issaic, the property "spotter" get to the jailhouse? He is David's right hand man and helped him steal the properties, as he himself stole timber for years. Heard he recently leased land to some hunters that he did NOT own. Maybe the investigators should start with an employee at the Chancery Clerk's office that notarized documents where the seller was not present. Fraud at its finest!
Thanks for the response and I sure hope someone forwards this info to attorney general and agriculture dept and they can investigate it.

Steal timber?????? I have heard of cattle rustling.

If all the people are guilty as alledged, how can they get away with it?

How do you prove who owns what with land anyway?????
hawkeyes

Jackson, MS

#12 Jan 25, 2013
ppd wrote:
Shady land deals have created havoc for locals. One arrested yesterday, more to come.
Back to Mr. Haynes being a spotter --- what is a spotter other than a spotter to catch someone if they fall?

Why would anyone use him? Hasn't he got his own timber Co.? Conflict of interest.

You mentioned a havoc has been created for locals. I hope they report whatever.
hawkeyes

Jackson, MS

#13 Jan 25, 2013
Oh and why would anyone even timber rustle now?

I heard prices were low as dirt.??????
Ppd

Florence, MS

#14 Jan 26, 2013
hawkeyes wrote:
The timber theft took place several years ago and you are correct price of timber is down. As for the spotter, Ike would find the land and make the deal for Mr. Waites. It appears he is now taking the offer of giving information or evidence to save himself, can't wait to see how this plays out. The AG is very involved, not only here but other counties as well. How do you know who owns the land? It is recorded by deed in the chancery Clerk's office. It is public information.
the other side

Florence, MS

#15 Jan 26, 2013
hawkeyes wrote:
you aint thinking like a criminal. you think the price is too low for you to waste your time with timber.

the criminal thinks who cares what the price is, whatever I get is more than I had before.
hawkeyes

Sumrall, MS

#16 Jan 26, 2013
Ppd wrote:
<quoted text>
The timber theft took place several years ago and you are correct price of timber is down. As for the spotter, Ike would find the land and make the deal for Mr. Waites. It appears he is now taking the offer of giving information or evidence to save himself, can't wait to see how this plays out. The AG is very involved, not only here but other counties as well. How do you know who owns the land? It is recorded by deed in the chancery Clerk's office. It is public information.
OK.
Thanks for the info.

You say find the land and make the deal.
What does make the deal mean to them?

I know to honestly and legally make a timber buy -- the landowner signs something and either gets money up front for the lot or as it is sold.

I would get a recommendation or referrals on the Forrester or buyer man who is cruising it or selling it for you.

If Haynes has a timber Co. and sells it, why would. Waites or anyone else play into it?

I wouldn't split my profit except with the cutters and of course the owners part.

This has me confused.
hawkeyes

Sumrall, MS

#17 Jan 26, 2013
the other side wrote:
<quoted text>
you aint thinking like a criminal. you think the price is too low for you to waste your time with timber.
the criminal thinks who cares what the price is, whatever I get is more than I had before.
YEP. I do think honestly.

Cutting timber and hauling it and all looks like a lot of work. What if the landowner catches me? I could get shot being on their land or bit by a snake.

But I am no woodsman.

Well I am glad the attorney general is looking into it.

I had a friend that had her cow stolen though
hawkeyes

Pearl, MS

#18 Feb 3, 2013
I have heard no rumors about the arrest possibility.
Ppd

Florence, MS

#19 Feb 3, 2013
Stay tuned.,
work of rodin

Florence, MS

#20 Feb 4, 2013
hawkeyes wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP. I do think honestly.
Cutting timber and hauling it and all looks like a lot of work. What if the landowner catches me? I could get shot being on their land or bit by a snake.
But I am no woodsman.
Well I am glad the attorney general is looking into it.
I had a friend that had her cow stolen though.
being a woodsman or not has nothing to do with it.

you weigh the consequences. you have what is called a sense of future orientation: if i do this now, i can expect to have this later, to be able to do that after some time passes.

this sense of future orientation is what sets you apart from the criminal class who commit most of the crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prentiss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor's around Prentiss May 1 hawkeye 4
king john Apr 27 JDResident 2
Dollar General in Bassfield closing early? Apr 27 JDResident 2
ERIC D. JONES (a.k.a. Eric Crosby) (Jun '07) Apr 18 mytaxdollars 216
Fibernation Apr 17 needthisone 1
Krystal Dykes Mar '15 CrystalS 1
Mayor (May '13) Mar '15 tellinatroth 39
More from around the web

Prentiss People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE