Premont police chief fired by council expressing a lack of confidence in him

Jul 18, 2012 Full story: Corpus Christi Caller-Times 36

Fidencio "Joe" Hinojosa worked for the Premont Police Department for a total of 20 years, separated by a stint in a different police department.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dog Catcher

Houston, TX

#1 Jul 19, 2012
The council should be relieving themselves of duty as well.
yoyo

Alice, TX

#2 Jul 19, 2012
Dog Catcher, can you splain yourself , please. Can you be a little more specific. To whom are you referring in general when you mention the council ? Are you saying all the present administration ? As like all of them ?
ha!

Alice, TX

#3 Jul 20, 2012
That dude gave over 20yrs to Premont and wht does Premont give back....nothing! Don't be surprised if you see them all quit one at a time! Them your just left with mito.
just saying

El Monte, CA

#4 Jul 20, 2012
Why couldn't they just ask him to resign instead of firing him the council should be replaced also
Dog Catcher

Houston, TX

#5 Jul 20, 2012
yoyo wrote:
Dog Catcher, can you splain yourself , please. Can you be a little more specific. To whom are you referring in general when you mention the council ? Are you saying all the present administration ? As like all of them ?
Why do I have to splain myself? There are obvious reasons the council needs replacing. And yes, I am refering to them all. Your line of questioning leads me to believe that you yourself are a council person. Over the last 15 plus years, this community has gone farther and farther into self destruction. This town is an eyesore, crime is up, and there is absolutley no reasson for anyone to sink any money into it. A council that has ideas of fixing these problems is needed, not one that fires officers with no reason stated. In general, the conditions of a community are the results of a councils duties, not a lone police officer.
GEEZ

Waxahachie, TX

#6 Jul 20, 2012
Joe never caused problems I wonder if he was fired cuz he's to old. I bet they will get rid of Mito next. That's sad. Yes I know we need a police officer that can run, jump, win a fight etc. But, with the kind of pay premont gives who will come. They should have lowered hours of one of the ladys in the office and kept Joe part time. He could have done all the paper work and let the young guys do the foot work.
GEEZ

Waxahachie, TX

#7 Jul 20, 2012
Hey read the corpus paper the council said he was fired for 'lack of confidence in him.' What a bunch of crock.
ha!

Alice, TX

#8 Jul 20, 2012
Joe solved cases, gave tickets and got what needed to be done "Done". He was slow because of health reasons but come on cut the janitor or a worthless body in the back so joe could at least work on cases like CID, detective work. This way the patrolmen can give chance with all the heavy work and joe can work there cases. City council isn't to bright!
premont city council suck

Corpus Christi, TX

#9 Jul 20, 2012
"We fired him because of lack of confidence, and he couldn't do the job anymore" "We know we are better than most people that live here, thats why they voted for us!!! Well the way i see it is that Richard never speaks, Matthew doesnt even live here,Gee is doing what she can with what "they" allow her to do. mayor pro-tem Garcia give me a break he's as dumb as they come. So wish us luck in finding a "qualified Chief Of Police" for the city of Premont or any police officers for that matter. Mayor Saenz all the way!! not fat & dumb also. And I'm Done!!
i no

Alice, TX

#10 Jul 20, 2012
City council please nothing gets done around here n believe me next election there will be changes the way u all messed up his retirement n fired him watch out u also will be in the unemployment line what goes around comes around .
Pepe

Alice, TX

#11 Jul 20, 2012
Thanks to the Council for finally moving in the right direction! Sorry, but the Chief has not solved any crimes for the last two years, nor has he arrested any of the crooks that are all over town committing break-ins, etc. What did he do to sal Tullos? Nothing!
you must know

Houston, TX

#12 Jul 20, 2012
Pepe wrote:
Thanks to the Council for finally moving in the right direction! Sorry, but the Chief has not solved any crimes for the last two years, nor has he arrested any of the crooks that are all over town committing break-ins, etc. What did he do to sal Tullos? Nothing!
well its not the Cheif fault that the Judge gives these crooks bail and for your information these guys do get arrested but get out
ha!

Alice, TX

#13 Jul 20, 2012
Pepe wrote:
The last two years? Are you serious!! He got Jamie's shooter, he has put countless guys in jail for beating on there wives, sorry but this ain't falfurrias they actually taken guys in for domestic abuse. School break-in's solved, judges and DA's and CA are accountable after the initial arrest. I heard the police department might be shrinking soon, FYI lock your doors and get in by sunset because if that happens, Premont will be ran by thieves.
Match

United States

#14 Jul 20, 2012
We all feel a loss for the chief, but there's no need to make remarks such as "thiefs will run this town".

There are still some good, hard working people in Premont and no one needs to be exposed to that kind of negativity.
Clifford big red dog

United States

#15 Jul 20, 2012
He was not doing his job properly and regardless of your pay or the town you swore to protect whether its premont or Houston a job is not being done. We voted this council in and we have to believe in them like we did him at 1 point or another. We don't know all of what happens behind the scenes but from a personal experience he was not doing proper paperwork and ignoring actual crimes. He knows and he was allowed alot longer than most chiefs would have been. Its time to clean this town up. Norma is gone check Mr hinojosa is gone check. Next
ha!

Alice, TX

#16 Jul 20, 2012
It's not negativity when it's the truth. Those good people will get tired of not feeling safe at night.

As far as Clifford when there was a major crime involved in Premont he took care of it with a Ranger by his side. The Murders that have happened in this town? Solved by him, Rap/child molestation case closed and solved. Come on, bet you would George Seanz in Clifford if it was an elective position lol!

Ask yourself why do some many cops come and go in this town? There the only people that go to work and place a gun and a bullet proof vest on, in order to clock in.
Clifford

Alice, TX

#17 Jul 21, 2012
[QUOTE who="ha!"]It's not negativity when it's the truth. Those good people will get tired of not feeling safe at night.
As far as Clifford when there was a major crime involved in Premont he took care of it with a Ranger by his side. The Murders that have happened in this town? Solved by him, Rap/child molestation case closed and solved. Come on, bet you would George Seanz in Clifford if it was an elective position lol!
Ask yourself why do some many cops come and go in this town? There the only people that go to work and place a gun and a bullet proof vest on, in order to clock in.[/QUOTE]are you serious with. Your post ? Are you living in the past ? Wake-up.
Pepe

Alice, TX

#18 Jul 21, 2012
[QUOTE who="ha!"]<quoted text>
The last two years? Are you serious!! He got Jamie's shooter, he has put countless guys in jail for beating on there wives, sorry but this ain't falfurrias they actually taken guys in for domestic abuse. School break-in's solved, judges and DA's and CA are accountable after the initial arrest. I heard the police department might be shrinking soon, FYI lock your doors and get in by sunset because if that happens, Premont will be ran by thieves.[/QUOTE] idiot, the Rangers solved Jamie's murder, not thr lazy chief! He never solved the school break-ins, never, not even with the video of the judges grandson committing the crime!
Premont Citizen

Alice, TX

#19 Jul 21, 2012
I understand that some changes need to take place and along with change comes some unhappy people. We must take risks if we are to grow in the right direction as a community. Too many people involved here are too comfortable in their city funded positions. We need to shake things up a bit and get rid of any dead weight. One of the previous posts mentioned "this community has gone farther and farther into self-destruction" and I have to agree with them. Staying stuck and keeping non qualified people employed just because we feel bad for them is not doing us any good. We have had people like the Tamez sisters (who are not at all qualified and to be honest probably have the lowest IQ in Premont) turn our city government into a three ring circus. If everyone thinks there are too many women working at city hall then we should have some type of study to measure personal productivity to see who's really working and if they are really needed.
Fired

United States

#20 Jul 21, 2012
He was fired years back, and then was brought back. I don't remember who were the city leaders at the time. It happened after Sanger and Ortiz. It was politics that brought him back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Premont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 21 min That Fart Guy 22,592
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 24 min That Fart Guy 18,441
sugar daddy needed 33 min SD4R 24
customer service has gone down everywhere 52 min El Payaso 9
Keep a word * drop a word (Oct '11) 1 hr Wabbit 6,104
Free Counseling 1 hr sleepless in Falf... 52
robert allen 4 hr Monkey 11
•••
•••
Premont Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Premont Jobs