Deadly Accident Shuts Down 71 Highway

Full story: Fox4KC

Investigators are trying to figure out what caused a deadly accident in Grandview.
Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cherrycola

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Judged:

:( how awful! i work near where it happened .. was wondering where the emergancy services were flying to.
johnson

Leawood, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Judged:

At least they only killed themselves as sad as it is. Let's see here, 2:45am, speeding. I don't suppose they were under the influence.
family friend

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Judged:

johnson wrote:
At least they only killed themselves as sad as it is. Let's see here, 2:45am, speeding. I don't suppose they were under the influence.
no not under influence was on way to his daughter who is giving birth soon so don't assume thanks
Prinnie

Kearney, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Judged:

johnson wrote:

See what happens when u ASSume??? U make an A$$ of ur self.
onlymyopinon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Judged:

My prayers go out to his family, this is very sad.
DeMar

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

I heard through the grapevine the person killed was Curtis Jacobs from Belton, MO. Is this true? I graduated with Curtis and know his older brother.
From Curtiss family

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Yes, it is Curtis Jacobs, graudated Belton HS about 1977 or 1978.
DeMar wrote:
I heard through the grapevine the person killed was Curtis Jacobs from Belton, MO. Is this true? I graduated with Curtis and know his older brother.
Stephanie

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

That horriable. My prayers are with the family.
demar

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

From Curtiss family wrote:
<quoted text>
please accept my condolences. My prayers go out to you and your family. I hate to ask but once you know the service arrangements could you please post it so I can let classmates know.
kc chiefs fan

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Judged:

I hate that people dont think before they post on here when they say such insensitive things they dont think about the familys and friends. Johnson I hope nothing like this ever happens to you or your family because u often post rude and insensitive things usually when carma comes back its 10x's worse. My prayers are with this man and his family!!
motherofone

Belton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

I worked with Curtis. All around here people are in shock, his name on a lot of peoples tounges. He was a nice man, very friendly, very smart, and we all really liked him. My prayers are with the Jacobs family in this dark hour.
Momof3

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

From Curtiss family wrote:
<quoted text>
Your family has my sincere condolences.
Thoughts & prayers to all of yours.
lola

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Are prayers are with the family.
johnson

Leawood, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Judged:

Prinnie wrote:
<quoted text>
See what happens when u ASSume??? U make an **** of ur self.
It is very sad as I said. I don't buy there wasn't imparement involved. Whatever Prinne!
Christina

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

I was a friend of Curtis'. We worked together at the Bannister Complex but I hadn't seen him in a couple of years.
I would like to attend his funeral. Please one of the family members email me his arrangements at lilozangel1@yahoo.com.
I thought Curtis drove a dark blue Sebring Convertable. Was this the Curtis I knew?
Tks
Lynn S

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Johnson, you're an idiot. I am Curtis's bother-in-law and he did not drink or do drugs. He was a great father to his children and will be deeply missed by all that knew and loved him. He was employed by the Department of Defense and had received an emergency call to report to the Bannister facility. An yes his daughter is due on Thursday.
Lee

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

How can people be so "rude" and so "insensitive". I was always taught if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all! Plus, "NEVER" ASSUME... I'm with his brother-in-law "Johnson, you're an idiot". My prayers and thoughts are with Curtis Jacobs and his family. My very "deepest" heartfelt sympathy.
TomOwenPaolaKS

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

I worked with Curtis at GE (old ERC) for 3 years. I am very saddened by his death and my prayers for his daughter and son. I never knew a better patriot, harder worker always hungry for knowledge and I idolized his devotion to his children. A good man down. God bless Curtis and his children.
johnson

Leawood, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Okay, my condolences to a great man. I am glad he didn't kill anyone else in his accident involving excessive speed on a public highway. I wish he had used better judgement for the sake of his children, family and friends. RIP.
Suz

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Two families that I know are grieving. May you find piece in this time of sorrow knowing that Curtis was loved by great people. Friends/family of his girlfriend's daughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prairie Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? 8 hr U R Wrong 193
Leavenworth business owner indicted for bank fraud Aug 26 acid man 1
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) Aug 25 erdiclary 205
Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Aug 22 MSRose 159
Put MTS to Final Cut Pro Aunsoft iMedia Conve... Aug 19 CheneyChen 1
Debate: Marijuana - Overland Park, KS (Aug '10) Aug 17 Cali 70
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) Aug 7 Brownback Mountain 6,001
•••
Prairie Village Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Prairie Village Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Prairie Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE