Randy -OWNER

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Dec 17, 2008
dude with bad brakes....I am Randy and the owner...if this is the truck with the paper route business, you forgot to tell us you use this truck as a commercial vehicle. your rotors and pads were replaced for FREE and we did charge you labor for installation for all of it which was fair and legit. I am not afraid to answer allegations about our shop which in this case you didnt supply all the information to the readers. we never try and take advantage of anyone and never will. you were told if the truck was doing a lot of stop and goes, which does happen when you deliver papers, the rotors and pads will wear out more quickly. next time you need to tell who ever reapirs your vehicle what you actually use the truck for . will make it easier on everyone and wont have to go to these cheap shots at a legit business who did everything we could to appease you.
Mack Davis

Lake Charles, LA

#2 Dec 17, 2008
Randy -OWNER wrote:
dude with bad brakes....I am Randy and the owner...if this is the truck with the paper route business, you forgot to tell us you use this truck as a commercial vehicle. your rotors and pads were replaced for FREE and we did charge you labor for installation for all of it which was fair and legit. I am not afraid to answer allegations about our shop which in this case you didnt supply all the information to the readers. we never try and take advantage of anyone and never will. you were told if the truck was doing a lot of stop and goes, which does happen when you deliver papers, the rotors and pads will wear out more quickly. next time you need to tell who ever reapirs your vehicle what you actually use the truck for . will make it easier on everyone and wont have to go to these cheap shots at a legit business who did everything we could to appease you.
Yo, Randy I am not the dude with bad brakes but I have a question for you man. My truck is a '98 Ford F150. I have put 96,000 easy miles on it. I have replaced the front brake pads three times and it needs a new set now I think. The original shoes are still on back and everytime I have my truck serviced I inquire about the rear brakes and every time I get the same answer "Those shoes are in excellent shape." I know the rear brakes are working because sometimes when it rains they lock up when I stop. The dealership guy told me it was normal for this to happen even though my truck is equipped with "anti-lock brakes." Have you ever heard of this kind of thing happening before?
Randy

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Dec 17, 2008
Yes actually we have seen that alot Mr Davis.
What probably is happening is that the rear shoes are so far out of adjustment the front pads are doing all the stopping. since you have shoes and drums on the rear there is an adjusting mechanism on the rear shoes that will make them work better. you should have 60 percent stopping on the front and the rear shoes should provide 40 percent of the stopping. what it sounds like is you have the fronts doing 80-90 percent of the work and bythe time the truck is slowing down the rear shoes are just getting to the drums. as far as them locking up in the rain some, they may be warped and have a lot of brake dust in the drums which will harden with mositure. not trying to sell you , but we at my shop will look at it for free for you and tell you what you need . some times also wheel cylinders tend to leak and the brake fluid gets on the drums and shoes making them grab. hope i was of some help Mr Davis, and thanks for the reply.
Mack Davis

Lake Charles, LA

#4 Dec 17, 2008
Thank you, Randy. I do believe I'll stop by your place of business sometime after the weather clears up and have you replace my front pads and look at my rear brake system.
daddypitt

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Feb 5, 2013
the real problem with your brakes.the rear wheel cylinders are leaking fluid.96.000 miles rear shoes should have been replaced already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prairie Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Obama’s Defense Deputy Just Admit Spying on... 5 min guest 6
What Can I Do About Missing Teeth? 57 min dork 13
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr guest 34,541
US code 1 hr Guest 1
News Jonesboro boy, 16, charged in slaying 2 hr Guest 3
wanted one bass guitar 2 hr guest 2
Looking to start a motorcycle club (Apr '11) 3 hr Nate dogg 120

Prairie Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance