Valley View Superintendent

Posted in the Prairie Grove Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Now What

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jan 3, 2013
So who do you think will replace Radius?
FormerStudent

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jan 17, 2013
It will not matter.... Whom ever they get will be better than Radius Baker ever thought about being.. Poor excuse for a leader....
Parent

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jan 17, 2013
I hope they hire an "outsider". Enough of the good-ole-boy crap. It burns my ass when I hear about an administrator hiring an in-law or daughter or "church buddy". Now that Gaylon is gone it is not as bad but VV needs a professional manager. I wish we could get Wilbanks from Jonesboro but that won't happen. I had my doubts about her at first but she has done a damn good job and taken JPS to a higher level. No buddy buddy crap just a business person. They need someone that will make the coaches "teach" instead of just going thru the motions because they have too. I have had too many parents make comments about thiere kid having a coach as a teacher and not learning a thing in the class. Coaches are known for doing as little as possible in the classroom. I know Wilbanks and her Principles hold the coaches to a higher level than VV does. I have a friend that is a coach at JPS and was one at VV and he says he didn't have to hardly teach until he went to JPS.

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Parent wrote:
I hope they hire an "outsider". Enough of the good-ole-boy crap. It burns my ass when I hear about an administrator hiring an in-law or daughter or "church buddy". Now that Gaylon is gone it is not as bad but VV needs a professional manager. I wish we could get Wilbanks from Jonesboro but that won't happen. I had my doubts about her at first but she has done a damn good job and taken JPS to a higher level. No buddy buddy crap just a business person. They need someone that will make the coaches "teach" instead of just going thru the motions because they have too. I have had too many parents make comments about thiere kid having a coach as a teacher and not learning a thing in the class. Coaches are known for doing as little as possible in the classroom. I know Wilbanks and her Principles hold the coaches to a higher level than VV does. I have a friend that is a coach at JPS and was one at VV and he says he didn't have to hardly teach until he went to JPS.
Then move to JHS then, cause we don't need or want Wilbanks!

Dallas, TX

#5 Jan 17, 2013
I can name you several coaches at JPS that teach and it's a joke, several are outstanding too. I think it comes down to the individual, some regular classroom teachers are terrible. As far as Wilbanks you can have her for my money, and it takes a lot of money to pay her.
matt

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Jan 17, 2013
Parent wrote:
As long as Lindley is there they will ALWAYS hire church buddies!! If u did a survey most employees that has been hired since he's been there go to Central! I think he needs out! And I know many that agree!

United States

#7 Jan 17, 2013
matt wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as Lindley is there they will ALWAYS hire church buddies!! If u did a survey most employees that has been hired since he's been there go to Central! I think he needs out! And I know many that agree!
How about Cissy?

Norman, OK

#8 Jan 17, 2013
Wilbanks is the best sup in arkansas. And the best looking.

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Jan 17, 2013
guest wrote:
Wilbanks is the best sup in arkansas. And the best looking.
You must be married to her! Cause I don't see it!!

Dallas, TX

#10 Jan 17, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be married to her! Cause I don't see it!!
Yep, I'd like to see the photo's if all 300 or so before I made that statement.
GUEST123

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Jan 17, 2013
Yeah, there's not good ole boy network in Jonesboro and they only hire outsiders. Get real. All of these local schools are incestuous. If Wilbanks were great and coaches were doing so well teaching Jonesboro wouldn't be in the bottom of achievement in Craighead county. Where did Randy Coleman, Brad Faught, etc, etc go to school? JONESBORO!

Dallas, TX

#12 Jan 17, 2013
GUEST123 wrote:
Yeah, there's not good ole boy network in Jonesboro and they only hire outsiders. Get real. All of these local schools are incestuous. If Wilbanks were great and coaches were doing so well teaching Jonesboro wouldn't be in the bottom of achievement in Craighead county. Where did Randy Coleman, Brad Faught, etc, etc go to school? JONESBORO!
Throw out ine demographic and they'd be in top. The kids that take their AP courses are some of the tops in the state, lots of scholarship dollars. But, all schools hire from within, or sure seem to.

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Jan 17, 2013
GUEST123 wrote:
Jonesboro's scores are lower because they don't bully out low scoring kids. They also don't stick kids in self contained for the sole purpose of keeping them from effecting their precious apples. Some of us know what's going on in that little government funded private school and it is nothing to be proud of. Jonesboro does their best to teach every kid. I'd put the top 10% of JPS kids up against the top 10% of VV any day of the week.

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Jan 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Jonesboro's scores are lower because they don't bully out low scoring kids. They also don't stick kids in self contained for the sole purpose of keeping them from effecting their precious apples. Some of us know what's going on in that little government funded private school and it is nothing to be proud of. Jonesboro does their best to teach every kid. I'd put the top 10% of JPS kids up against the top 10% of VV any day of the week.
Bahahahaha!!!
My Vote

United States

#16 Jan 17, 2013
Chip Layne from Bay

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Jan 17, 2013
GUEST123 wrote:
Maybe VV should send back all the JPS/Nettleton students lying about their addresses and then see how that helps their test scores. The employees know it and overlook it as long as the test scores are good.

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Jan 17, 2013
Poor Radius ate too much pie. Now he's squared and double the diameter.

It's a sad, sad day.
FormerStudent

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Jan 17, 2013
Radius Baker has been dirty dealing for years.Only a matter of time cause it's fixing to bit him in the butt....

Dallas, TX

#20 Jan 18, 2013
Maybe they'll give it to his son, he's a regular chip off the ole block, haha.

Conway, AR

#21 Jan 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Then move to JHS then, cause we don't need or want Wilbanks!
Wilbanks wouldn't want to come to VV she already works for the best district around here and she does an excellent job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prairie Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Dude 3 min Ummm 9
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 min Fed Up 30,816
Man Second Amendments softball Coach 4 min Ummm 7
"Uncle Jesse" is "Tom Foolery" 6 min Ummm 7
Hillary Clinton, a mistake for 2016 (Apr '13) 11 min District9 3,709
Texas Man "2nd Amendments Wife 12 min Ummm 3
hair straighteners sold in mall (Sep '09) 16 min guest 39
More from around the web

Prairie Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE