First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

Paragould, Arkansas

#1 Jul 28, 2008
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Dr. Save of the St. Bernard's Pain Management Clinic.

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jul 28, 2008
kpoo wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Dr. Save of the St. Bernard's Pain Management Clinic.
I went to Dr.Savu with a neck problem. The treatment helped alot. Very expensive. Doctor and staff very professional and seem to know what was needed.
male RN

Friendship, AR

#3 Jul 28, 2008
he cursed my son when he would no go for his yoga crap.

United States

#4 Jul 28, 2008
I found Dr Savu's predecessor Dr Hackbarth to be more compassionate.
telling the word

State University, AR

#5 Jul 28, 2008
male RN wrote:
he cursed my son when he would no go for his yoga crap.
Having the attitude that yoga is "crap" may have been the problem...the idea is learning to manage the pain naturally and not rely on medications. Just a thought.
what I think

Bossier City, LA

#6 Jul 28, 2008
I went to Dr. Gera because I heard Dr. Savu curses his patients and has a attitude with them. I was sooooooo pleased with Dr Gera and his staff. He fixed me up and it has been over 2 yrs and I am still pain free. To me Dr.Gera can't be beat!!! Give him a try. So many people have told me how he has helped them.
in pain

Jonesboro, AR

#7 May 14, 2010
I'm needing a pain management doctor for some chronic pain I'm having. Anyone have any input as to who might be the best around here? It would be nice to have a doctor who'd compassionate but that can be hard to find.
Thanks!
i bet

Jonesboro, AR

#8 May 14, 2010
By compassionate do you mean, a script dr.? sorry crackheads have made it to where the only docs who give out pain meds , even legitly, are the ones who u hear people wisper about and who eventually get shut down. i take my grandmother to one of these docs because even though she has rhuemmatoid arthritis ( her hands and feet are curled up bad) and a HUGE list of other VERY painful things wrong with her ..... not to mention she is seventy something, she cant get the meds that help her otherwise. for christ sakes people R U KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!
lil brown haired girl

Deridder, LA

#9 May 14, 2010
i bet wrote:
By compassionate do you mean, a script dr.? sorry crackheads have made it to where the only docs who give out pain meds , even legitly, are the ones who u hear people wisper about and who eventually get shut down. i take my grandmother to one of these docs because even though she has rhuemmatoid arthritis ( her hands and feet are curled up bad) and a HUGE list of other VERY painful things wrong with her ..... not to mention she is seventy something, she cant get the meds that help her otherwise. for christ sakes people R U KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!
]

They have doctors just for Arthritis who are very helpful. They can give her drugs that will keep her from needing so many of the pain meds.
in pain

Jonesboro, AR

#10 May 14, 2010
No, not looking for a pain med doctor. I have a family and job to tend to and have no interest in being doped up all the time. I'd like to see a pain control doctor who can actually help me with my almost constant pain. Through whatever measures are necessary whether it be biofeedback, nerve blocks, or whatever it takes. But I want someone who is going to treat me like a human being and have some respect for me. I don't think that's too much to ask but I've heard about some doctors treating patients like crap. I don't want to waste my time on one like that.
Sorry about your grandmother.
still in pain

Sherwood, AR

#11 May 14, 2010
terrible place and terrible people,no help, just herding us through like cattle, no respect for our privacy or modesty, would never go back
mad

Trumann, AR

#12 May 14, 2010
he sux axx he was very disrespectful to my girlfriend and the i said something and and hes was like it dont hurt she needs to toughn up she had a neck and back injury he is a axx hole i wouldnt take my dog there

Lake Charles, LA

#13 May 14, 2010
If u have back issues by all means try dr myska the chiropractor, shes very good.

Conway, AR

#14 May 14, 2010
I've been battling chronic pain from arthritis and have considered seeing a pain management doctor but it is not covered by my insurance. I would want to know what some alternative ways to fight pain without narcotics would be before I was out of pocket an expensive doctor visit. I definetly would not react well to being told to suck it up or to be cursed at. That is a breech of professional conduct and not the approach of a competent physician and, if that is indeed a factual comment about Dr. Savu, he would be one I could scratch off the list.

Big Spring, TX

#15 May 14, 2010
I went to Dr Savu three or four times. I have herniated disks in my cervical and lumbar spine.....and have severe pain from them.
I loved Dr Savu and found him to be very very very compassionate and kind. He actually babied me alot. I was very nervous and didn't 'put on' but I guess he could just tell that I was hurting and afraid and he couldn't have been nicer..........his staff were all great too. The injections did help for awhile, but they just didn't last for me, but my problems weree a little much to expect him to get rid of with shots.
I thought that he was awesome, and would highly recommend him. If I ever have a problem that I think he could help..........I will use him in a heartbeat. He is really 'that' nice.
in pain

Jonesboro, AR

#16 May 14, 2010
It's interesting that there are opposite opinions of him. Some hate him and some love him.

Big Spring, TX

#17 May 14, 2010
oh and the 'yoga'........when I went it wasn't called that, it was an exercise 'core strenghthing' exercise. I didn't do it either, but I did not argue with him or tell him that I wasn't going to do it.........but when I ended up having to go to a neurosurgeon for surgery instead..........was told the same thing by the neuro. Savu knows what he is doing, one does need to strenghthen the muscles for certain things.
well my opinion

Bossier City, LA

#18 May 14, 2010
Dr Gera is the only one I would ever go to. Savu is only nice to the YOUNG pretty women. The way he treats his patients, I can only imagine how he treats his wife and son---and mother in law. I've just heard too many people say the same thing about his temper with patients---hey they are paying him, and he treats them that way and cusses them, I don't think so---NO THANKS Dr Savu---Dr Gera treats his patients with respect.

Big Spring, TX

#19 May 14, 2010
lol.......well, I am 45, so far from young..........and as bad as I hate to admit it, I'm sweet and all, but I'm not Miss America by any means. I could stand to loose 50 pounds at least. I can't compare him to Dr Gera, because I have never met Gera.........so, I certainly cannot say anything bad about him either. I just didn't have any reason to doctor shop after meeting Savu, because he treated me wonderful.
Not accusing or anything, but I am not a pain pill seeker........never have been. I can get all of the pain meds that I want due to my condition, so I sought a pain management doc out on my own, to keep from possibly getting addicted. So, I was not referred by another doc with a background of seeking..........this could have had something to do with how well I was treated. I cannot sit here and complain about one thing with him..........I went in wanting and begging for help and he was actually one of the most kind, compassionate docs that I have dealt with. I have heard from other people though that if you go to him and you start hinting, asking, begging, expecting a bunch of pain pills..........that you are not going to be happy. Don't know if that is true, but thats what I have heard and it makes sense to me. That's not what he is trying to do, he is trying to do procedures to prevent people from being on and getting addicted to pain medication. He is working for them to have a normal, productive life.
Ok, enough of that or I will sound like one of his employees, and I certainly am not........but I just hate to see him getting slammed, because in my opinion, he doesn't deserve it. Very nice, doc in my opinion.

Conway, AR

#20 May 14, 2010
Thanks for your opinion and for the others that have weighed in. I'm sure all pain management doctors get a lot of people seeking pain meds for both legitimate needs and just for addiction and I would imagine it is hard to sort out the two. I've hurt to the point where I would have begged for painkillers if it would have given me some instant relief but I want to explore safer and less-addictive alternatives. As with any chronic condition you develop a tollerance to a certain level and it requires a higher dosage to get the same relief. I am glad to see some of found some releif from these alternatives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prairie Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WH fence jumper was a liberal 11 min truth 1
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 45 min WARRIOR 10,031
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 46 min WARRIOR 29,868
GROUND TROOPS ... Republicans say "Yes". 50 min not a liberal idiot 2
Vigilante Militia Pooping Their Shorts 52 min Barton Farley 1
abused women (Nov '08) 1 hr guest 63
What God said vs. man says 1 hr Guess My name 3
•••
•••
•••

Prairie Grove Jobs

•••
•••
•••