Rice Lake Teacher Charged In Incident With Student

Full story: WCCO-TV 40
A teacher employed by the Rice Lake School District in Wisconsin has been charged on suspicion of having inappropriate contact with a student, according to the Rice Lake Police Department.Police in Rice Lake, ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mateski

Rice Lake, WI

#1 Oct 3, 2007
I guess then they better just arrest all the teachers that rub the back of a student to comfort them or tell them good job. My son can't wait until he is in his class. He is a great teacher and I hope that he will be back or there will be many kids that will be disapointed.
former student

Carrollton, TX

#2 Oct 3, 2007
I had Mr. Suino as a teacher, and am now a teacher myself. It is unfair how alligations such as this get started. Yes, he shouldn't have put his hand up the kids shirt, but when a student needs comfort, what are you supposed to do? A lot of children don't get any sort of love at home, and a short rub on the back is so beneficial. I feel like the next time someone gives a student a high five, theya re going to get arrested. What is this world coming to?
informed

Rice Lake, WI

#3 Oct 3, 2007
former student wrote:
I had Mr. Suino as a teacher, and am now a teacher myself. It is unfair how alligations such as this get started. Yes, he shouldn't have put his hand up the kids shirt, but when a student needs comfort, what are you supposed to do? A lot of children don't get any sort of love at home, and a short rub on the back is so beneficial. I feel like the next time someone gives a student a high five, theya re going to get arrested. What is this world coming to?
thanks for sharing your opinion but maybe you should get a little more information about the case before you start defending someone who did more than just rub his back
and as for what you said about whats a teacher to do when a kid needs comfort well i would sure as hell think that as a teacher yourself you would be able to come up with a better solution for comfort and also i personal beleive that mr. suino was comforting his own needs
more informed

Rice Lake, WI

#4 Oct 3, 2007
Poor mister suino, what about the young kids that he victimized. If he was just patting kids on the back and saying good job, he wouldn't be where he is now.

How would you feel if someone put their hand under the shirt of your spouse or loved one and rubbed his hand over their stomach or back. It would be inappropriated wouldn't it. Teachers are all well aware of the boundries between a "way to go" and going too far.

Hey former student, what ever Suino taught you or did to you while you were his student, don't do it to your students or you may be the next pedophile teacher that is wrongly accused.
michael jackson

Rice Lake, WI

#5 Oct 3, 2007
former student wrote:
way to go suino call me !!
concerned citizen

Cameron, WI

#6 Oct 3, 2007
It is sad that in our society we have forgotten about the accused being "innocent until proven guilty." I hope that these accusations are found to be false - not just for Mr. Sueno, but for his students as well. The best news would be that no-body was victimized (including the teacher). Until all relevant facts are discovered and presented in a court of law (or found to support dropping the charges), we should keep an open mind and not rush to judgement. The fact is that the vast majority of teachers do not abuse their students. Likewise, the vast majority of students do not wrongfully accuse their teachers. However, a small minority of teachers and students have willfully harmed others through such actions. With the media attention devoted to such cases, it is easy to stereotype others - but that would indeed be unwarranted and unfair. I suggest that, rather than prematurely choose sides and malign each other, we wait for justice to prevail - and pray that the result is accurate.
Ingemar Johannsen

Cameron, WI

#7 Oct 3, 2007
"Michael Jackson" should be ashamed of his post. It shows no class, as well as a crude, cynical attitude about the potential victimization of the student or the teacher.
informed

Rice Lake, WI

#8 Oct 3, 2007
concerned citizen wrote:
It is sad that in our society we have forgotten about the accused being "innocent until proven guilty." I hope that these accusations are found to be false - not just for Mr. Sueno, but for his students as well. The best news would be that no-body was victimized (including the teacher). Until all relevant facts are discovered and presented in a court of law (or found to support dropping the charges), we should keep an open mind and not rush to judgement. The fact is that the vast majority of teachers do not abuse their students. Likewise, the vast majority of students do not wrongfully accuse their teachers. However, a small minority of teachers and students have willfully harmed others through such actions. With the media attention devoted to such cases, it is easy to stereotype others - but that would indeed be unwarranted and unfair. I suggest that, rather than prematurely choose sides and malign each other, we wait for justice to prevail - and pray that the result is accurate.
yah like in the oj case wake up ! get some facts on this case and as far as im concerned as a parent it is my responsiblity to protect my children and if i smell a skunk im not gonna wait around to see it
michael jackson

Rice Lake, WI

#9 Oct 3, 2007
Ingemar Johannsen wrote:
"Michael Jackson" should be ashamed of his post. It shows no class, as well as a crude, cynical attitude about the potential victimization of the student or the teacher.
this quote was by no means to be crude or cynical towards the VICTIM not potential victim this was a response of anger to the former student slash present teachers blog
my 2 cents

Antigo, WI

#10 Oct 3, 2007
former student wrote:
Yes, he shouldn't have put his hand up the kids shirt, but when a student needs comfort, what are you supposed to do?
As a parent, it scares me that a teacher would even say this? A teacher's hand should not be up a kids shirt PERIOD. There is no but, there is NEVER a time that it's ok. If a student needs comfort I hope that not all teachers standpoints are that they need to be touched in a questionable way. And as far as being a good teacher, he may very well be? Being a good teacher doesn't make you immune from being a "bad" person.
none of your business

Eau Claire, WI

#11 Oct 4, 2007
I happen to know Mr. Suino personally and know what type of guy he really is. He is the kind of guy that never gets down on kids or yells at them. He is the kind of guy that is active in the community and takes time out of his schedule to coach Special Olympics activities. I use to be a student at Tainter Elementary School many years ago and I happen to know that he was the kind of teacher that the kids would say, ďI hope that Mr. Suino is my teacher next year he is the coolest.Ē He was every studentís favorite teacher and made no enemies with his fellow staff, or any one else for that matter. I also happen to know that he would never do a crime such as this. He has been a teacher in the same district for over 20 years and I know that he would never risk the job he loves so much or the security of any one of his students, especially this far down the line in his carrier. I know for a fact that he is innocent and am only disappointed that his reputation will be forever tainted because of these false allegations.
alan davis

Chetek, WI

#12 Oct 5, 2007
this isnt the first time he has done this all 3 of my kids had him for a teacher and they all complained to me about it.except my daughter.
i work with lids after school stuff and now that he was caught there telling me about how he has been doing this for along time but nobody reported it
enough already

Antigo, WI

#13 Oct 5, 2007
We all know that what Mr. Suino did was wrong. It is not ok to touch a child in the manner that he did. A simple pat on the back to show support is completely different from touching a student under their clothing. As for you Mr. ALan Davis, if you knew that he had been doing this for so long and your children had complained about it, why did you not report it? Shame on you!!
informed

Rice Lake, WI

#14 Oct 10, 2007
read this weeks paper do you still think he is such a wonderful teacher who was just giving a kid a pat on the back sorry to disapoint some of you who are is or used to be his supporters
mike davis

Chetek, WI

#15 Oct 14, 2007
Mateski wrote:
I guess then they better just arrest all the teachers that rub the back of a student to comfort them or tell them good job. My son can't wait until he is in his class. He is a great teacher and I hope that he will be back or there will be many kids that will be disapointed.
you need to read the whole story he put his hands under there shirt and down the back of there pants tell he touch there underwear.
if my child came home and told me a teacher put his hands down the back of his pants. that teacher would be in the hospital with a broken face.from my fist. he was told to keep his hands off the kids but still did it.
upset

Rice Lake, WI

#16 Oct 17, 2007
This all makes me sick, we send our kids to school to get educated and to be safe. And to whoever knows him in recent post, well you must not know what lingers in his closet as in what he likes to do to kids! Heís a sick nasty man and should never be aloud around any kids ever again. What I donít understand is why after being told before to keep hands off kids why was he still teaching, thatís a big RED flag there that once they touch they will touch again. I blame the school, the cops, and the parents that stick up for this sick man! This is all a shame and I donít think too many will get over this.
informed

Rice Lake, WI

#17 Oct 19, 2007
"upset"
i agree with you 100% except for the blame the cops bit the cops were never involved in the past so it would be unfair to think that they didn't do their job. its the rice lake cops that are the ones that are now taking action because has been drawn to their attention . most of the guys on the force have kids themselves and you would think that they would find this issue to hit home just like it did for you thank you for being such a straigh shooter on this topic i wish more parents would voice their opinion . grow some balls rice lake parents
upset

Prairie Farm, WI

#18 Oct 20, 2007
"Informed"

Your right maybe I did put some blame on the cops. In addition, yes I have to agree with grow some balls part. You hide your opinion on this it well eat you up. We as parents need to stick together and take a stand that this kind of thing is not aloud in our schools!
former student-kinda

Crivitz, WI

#19 Oct 21, 2007
none of your business wrote:
I happen to know Mr. Suino personally and know what type of guy he really is. He is the kind of guy that never gets down on kids or yells at them. He is the kind of guy that is active in the community and takes time out of his schedule to coach Special Olympics activities. I use to be a student at Tainter Elementary School many years ago and I happen to know that he was the kind of teacher that the kids would say,ďI hope that Mr. Suino is my teacher next year he is the coolest.Ē He was every studentís favorite teacher and made no enemies with his fellow staff, or any one else for that matter. I also happen to know that he would never do a crime such as this. He has been a teacher in the same district for over 20 years and I know that he would never risk the job he loves so much or the security of any one of his students, especially this far down the line in his carrier. I know for a fact that he is innocent and am only disappointed that his reputation will be forever tainted because of these false allegations.
I was not a student of mr. suino...i got the 'other teacher'...mrs. hagen...my sister got the luxury of being mr. suino's student...that is how he was though...every student that knew him wanted him to be their teacher and were dissappointed not too...no matter who the other teacher is...Mr. Suino was also a friend of my father's, and although they didnt 'hang out', they did talk alot when my father would pick me up from school or whatever...i know what kind of a person mr. suino was and it wasnt a molester or malitious person...ya know...in his defense...but at the same time...as a parent myself...i would not feel comfortable with a teacher rubbing my childs back or belly UNDER THE SHIRT...if it werent under the shirt...and it was just the back i would be fine...but the belly and under the shirt is kind of questionable...now i know for a fact that mr. suino is not that kind of person but if he were to still be teaching after this i would not feel comfortable with my child being in his class...like another wrote 'waiting for the skunk to spray' or whatever...think about it people...most people that do things like that are 'not the kind of person to do something like this'...ya know what i mean? so it is really confusing...i take suino's side because i personally know how he is...but at the same time...i wouldnt feel comfortable with the situation at all...it wouldnt be as bad if it was LITTLE kids...like kindergarden or something...but these are 5th graders...why would they want you to be 'rubbin there belly'...i love mr. suino..but i think at the same time he should resign or something!
informed

Rice Lake, WI

#20 Oct 21, 2007
former student kinda
they teach good touch bad touch in kindergarten too what do you think this falls under pick a side

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poynette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) Sep 19 Lori 7,059
Conservative group pulls candidate's support Aug '14 Bryan Fischer s H... 1
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Pro People 2,234
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul '14 BOBBY 452
Phox - 'Phox' Jul '14 Dr Teeth 2
Debate: Drinking Age - Baraboo, WI (Dec '11) Jun '14 Sara 11
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88

Poynette Jobs

Poynette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Poynette News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Poynette

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]