Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

TrueWords wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're talking. Like I said, every company that employs more than 10 people.....gone, tax them out of business. 90% tax on anyone making over $50K a year. Utopia. And, you can spend some of that tax money, while it lasts, on spelling lessons. After that, you can open a live bait stand, or rent canoes, or sell brats down at the beach. Go for it.....you CAN be the UP of Michigan, just do you must to get what you want.
as usual you have an asinine retort.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

Tealiban faschists wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Must be hard to hate the idea of a free market corporation and want a job from them all at the same time. Clearly, you understand that businesses go where the environment is favorable. You hate the rich and hate corporations. You have that right. So, just create an environment that causes them to go elsewhere. And they will. The UP is just a model, and a pretty good place to live if you like low population density and outdoor sports. You CAN make that happen for Wisconsin. What you can't do, is create a negative business environment and expect to compete with Indiana, Ohio, Texas, Florida, or many other states for good paying jobs. We don't even pay state income tax here, the tourists do that for us, and property taxes are half of what Wisconsin collects....that's thousands and thousands of dollars in our pocket over the years, enough to retire on, paid by tourism. All you have to do is go for it.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Man, you have to stop whining like a little girl over rich people and corporations. Life is too short. I left Wisconsin because of the union thuggery I saw over 30 years ago.....it must be terrible by now. Pick a free state, get a great job, pay lower taxes, be free to do what you want, when you want. Or, like I said, crank it up and get the corporations out of Wisconsin and live your democrat dream there.
redab

Verona, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Sandi wrote:
I don't like how the republicans are against the high speed rail system. This would create more jobs and would allow people to get jobs farther from home. The job market here in Beaver Dam seems pretty stagnant.
With rising gas prices, a potential for gas shortages thanks to the instability of relations w/ Russia & the Middle East and a president who won't support drilling on US soil, coupled with a government crying 'global warming' while trying to cut emissions, amonst other things?? Why would this even be thought of as a credible solution icw jobs to the liberal mindset? You can't have it both ways.
Tealiban faschists

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

TrueWords wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Must be hard to hate the idea of a free market corporation and want a job from them all at the same time. Clearly, you understand that businesses go where the environment is favorable. You hate the rich and hate corporations. You have that right. So, just create an environment that causes them to go elsewhere. And they will. The UP is just a model, and a pretty good place to live if you like low population density and outdoor sports. You CAN make that happen for Wisconsin. What you can't do, is create a negative business environment and expect to compete with Indiana, Ohio, Texas, Florida, or many other states for good paying jobs. We don't even pay state income tax here, the tourists do that for us, and property taxes are half of what Wisconsin collects....that's thousands and thousands of dollars in our pocket over the years, enough to retire on, paid by tourism. All you have to do is go for it.
Not at all,what I don't appreciate is someone with a lot of money using that money to buy my elected officials and using them to make laws that are against my interests.
There is nothing Sheldon or the Koch brother will want that align with my best interests.
You follow and praise them all you want,that is your right. But do not expect me to like what they want to do with my country. They stand for everything that is wrong with the politics in this country. We need change,after the last 2 disastrous decisions by those oligarchs.
Just like the right wing nuts they want to repeal the New Deal and all of the things that even the playing field.
So follow them all you want,I don't think you will like where you end up. That is unless your are a sociopath just like them,and driven by greed.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not at all,what I don't appreciate is someone with a lot of money using that money to buy my elected officials and using them to make laws that are against my interests.
There is nothing Sheldon or the Koch brother will want that align with my best interests.
You follow and praise them all you want,that is your right. But do not expect me to like what they want to do with my country. They stand for everything that is wrong with the politics in this country. We need change,after the last 2 disastrous decisions by those oligarchs.
Just like the right wing nuts they want to repeal the New Deal and all of the things that even the playing field.
So follow them all you want,I don't think you will like where you end up. That is unless your are a sociopath just like them,and driven by greed.
You've missed my point. I don't follow anybody....I don't even know who the Koch brothers are, except they come up in the news from time to time. I couldn't follow the union guys either.....they felt they had the right to tell me what to do...when to work...how hard to work....when not to work. You get to be a grown man, you can figure that out for yourself. The only person on the planet, regardless whether democrat or republican, who REALLY has your best interests in their mind....is you, and if you're lucky a few friends and family. Stop looking for a leader to follow...go your own way. And I'm just sayin'.....I like where I ended up..........a lot. It's not greed......it's called freedom. Try it....
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
And I'm sure Eau Claire is a fine place, but google Niceville or Destin FL (just over the bridge)....there are jobs....reasonable cost of living....no union bosses.....no state tax...low property tax......good schools......and the one of the most beautiful beaches and areas on the planet. That's were I ended up. Why not come on down...are you seriously letting Bush, or Obama, or these Koch guys dictate your life? Now who's got a case of stupid? Live free....you only go around once. And besides, since Johnsonville went national, we got decent brats down here. Utopia.
Tealiban faschists

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

TrueWords wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure Eau Claire is a fine place, but google Niceville or Destin FL (just over the bridge)....there are jobs....reasonable cost of living....no union bosses.....no state tax...low property tax......good schools......and the one of the most beautiful beaches and areas on the planet. That's were I ended up. Why not come on down...are you seriously letting Bush, or Obama, or these Koch guys dictate your life? Now who's got a case of stupid? Live free....you only go around once. And besides, since Johnsonville went national, we got decent brats down here. Utopia.
I lived and worked in Florida for 4 years,my opinion,it's a low wage hell hole. And don't forget. If you don't like that black kid playing his music too loud or if he has the nerve to buy Skittles and a soda late at night,you can kill him and claim self defense. That keeps those people in their place. It's not so much of having a case of stupid,it's all about the values your side always touts. Just before they do something unthinkable, in anyone else's world. Instead of running from the problems I have chosen to stay,in a place I love,and fight the insanity. So run to the next utopia while everything crumbles around you, and you call ME stupid.
Joey

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Union thuggery, If they have no one else to fight they will at their own! As for their benefits they are few if none as they are only available if you are at the top.
Joey

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

They woint fight their own they will eat them!
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
I lived and worked in Florida for 4 years,my opinion,it's a low wage hell hole. And don't forget. If you don't like that black kid playing his music too loud or if he has the nerve to buy Skittles and a soda late at night,you can kill him and claim self defense. That keeps those people in their place. It's not so much of having a case of stupid,it's all about the values your side always touts. Just before they do something unthinkable, in anyone else's world. Instead of running from the problems I have chosen to stay,in a place I love,and fight the insanity. So run to the next utopia while everything crumbles around you, and you call ME stupid.
I've heard Destin called many things.....but hell hole? That's a new one. True, wages are a little lower here on average, but the lack of a state tax, much lower property tax, no union dues more than makes up for it. As for crumbling, that can't be. I just heard Obama declare that we've turned the corner, the recovery is real if only a bit slow. Everyone has healthcare now......it's the law of the land. And shortly, we'll have 11 million more previously undocumented workers available to take jobs and go to college. If the POTUS says we're good, why worry?
Tealiban faschists

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

TrueWords wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard Destin called many things.....but hell hole? That's a new one. True, wages are a little lower here on average, but the lack of a state tax, much lower property tax, no union dues more than makes up for it. As for crumbling, that can't be. I just heard Obama declare that we've turned the corner, the recovery is real if only a bit slow. Everyone has healthcare now......it's the law of the land. And shortly, we'll have 11 million more previously undocumented workers available to take jobs and go to college. If the POTUS says we're good, why worry?
Boy,you sure can't get your head out of your arse. When I say crumbling I am talking about the death of a middle class. Sure your part of the world is all shiney and new but people in this country with Repug governors and legislatures are losing our rights hand over fist. Corporations are not people. Do they fight our wars-NO Do they vote-NO Do they pay taxes-NO Do they think their rights negate your rights-YES We need business,but we don't need them making policy,because their greed and avarice always come to the top. People need the right to bargain for their livelihood and you can't do that alone.
So just keep running toward your freedom. I prefer to stand my ground against Oligarchs.
As for who to vote for? That is very hard,but the conservatives are living in the past(18th century) and I don't want their religion or their politics.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

Interesting. So, presumably, you have been prohibited from joining a union? Or have unions themselves been outlawed? I'm not sure what rights have been lost, especially in a hand-over-fist context. I've bargained individually for my livelihood my entire life, walking away from jobs or situations that did not match my needs, be they economic or quality of life. As for corporations not paying taxes, corporate tax rates in the US are the highest in the world (except for the UAE), so you must be referencing the abundance of deductions. OR, you may be referencing the fact that, when tax a corporation, you're really taxing the consumer because they just pass that down to the cost of the product anyway. In any case, good for you. You fight the Koch guys and I'll keep my freedom. We're both happy. Good luck with it.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2014

TrueWords wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you have to stop whining like a little girl over rich people and corporations. Life is too short. I left Wisconsin because of the union thuggery I saw over 30 years ago.....it must be terrible by now. Pick a free state, get a great job, pay lower taxes, be free to do what you want, when you want. Or, like I said, crank it up and get the corporations out of Wisconsin and live your democrat dream there.
30 years ago people in Wisconsin were exposed to virtual zoos that were not virtual, but video animation of micro-scopics lense on Minature zoos conditioned to a size to be co-existent in society at the same time for mass destruction on the controllers purpose. I currently had found the little stolen eggs Nirvanas groups put here and Geocaching was planning to steal, as they smuggled people here from Swedan, to harm Americans and make them under paid housekeepers on their property and kill them before they can get off their vast over 25 miles of what is classigfied footage of a samll nation of their own creation.

Gas and Oil, My father recreated a purer for of recycled oil from the sea, he had a shortcut and it was less costly, US navy currently uses it(they purchased his patent from in secured International Escrow on his behalf) CIvilan society will see this resource in aroudn 200 years when scheduled for public release.
Tealiban faschists

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

TrueWords wrote:
Interesting. So, presumably, you have been prohibited from joining a union? Or have unions themselves been outlawed? I'm not sure what rights have been lost, especially in a hand-over-fist context. I've bargained individually for my livelihood my entire life, walking away from jobs or situations that did not match my needs, be they economic or quality of life. As for corporations not paying taxes, corporate tax rates in the US are the highest in the world (except for the UAE), so you must be referencing the abundance of deductions. OR, you may be referencing the fact that, when tax a corporation, you're really taxing the consumer because they just pass that down to the cost of the product anyway. In any case, good for you. You fight the Koch guys and I'll keep my freedom. We're both happy. Good luck with it.
First corporations are people? Now corporations have religion? I will believe they are people when a corporation stands next to me at the urinal in the bathroom. As for their so called religion,this has been used to subjugate people through out the ages.
One thing I find interesting is your concentration on me,me,me. You are not the only one living in this. But like all psychopaths you have no conscience or compassion for anyone but yourself.
Your probably too young,but there was a time in America when corporations paid taxes,instead of taking all the profits and giving them with bonuses of millions to the CEO. What I don't understand is how the stakeholders don't demand their fair share of those millions?
So just keep thinking of number 1 and I don't believe you and your minions will be happy for very long. You will be the next slaves or indentured servants.
There are companies in your state that still pay $5.00 an hour,really? Reform the tax code for corporations,but don't let them off the hook completely. They have a stake in this too.
Because of the current system all the burden is being put on the homeowner.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
First corporations are people? Now corporations have religion? I will believe they are people when a corporation stands next to me at the urinal in the bathroom. As for their so called religion,this has been used to subjugate people through out the ages.
One thing I find interesting is your concentration on me,me,me. You are not the only one living in this. But like all psychopaths you have no conscience or compassion for anyone but yourself.
Your probably too young,but there was a time in America when corporations paid taxes,instead of taking all the profits and giving them with bonuses of millions to the CEO. What I don't understand is how the stakeholders don't demand their fair share of those millions?
So just keep thinking of number 1 and I don't believe you and your minions will be happy for very long. You will be the next slaves or indentured servants.
There are companies in your state that still pay $5.00 an hour,really? Reform the tax code for corporations,but don't let them off the hook completely. They have a stake in this too.
Because of the current system all the burden is being put on the homeowner.
I didn't say corporations are people.......

I didn't say corporations have religion.......

I grew up in the 50's.........and eventually saw my Dad get absolutely screwed by union promises that were then, as now, unsustainable. Fortunately he was a child of the depression and knew the union leaders were crooks, so he saved all his life for retirement on the side, and with the meager buy-out offered, he's been OK.

I give to charity.....pretty extensively if you include my time spent

Many stakeholders don't DEMAND their fair share because they do their fair work, collect their fair pay, and can't fathom how anyone could obsess over what the CEO makes.

I'm not number one, but my wife and family are....just like my Dad worked hard and provided for his family, I provide for mine.

I didn't say Florida has $5.00 an hour jobs....read the post, are you OK?

All you have to do when you reform the tax code is figure out how that doesn't get passed along to the common guy at the cash register. If you don't we the people will still pay all of it.
Aaron Salmon

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

as ERIN SALMON's release date approaches what awaits the former good girl gone bad how will she adjust to [relative] freedom to rejoining the human race after many months of imprisonment erin salmon will not be a freegirl when she is released in august no she wont be able to go out she will be under extended supervision meaning a curfew no drugs or alcohol she can be searched anytime by a parole officer and she cannot leave the state without permission so no she will not be a freegirl like the young women her age partying on the weekends in Milwaukee every weekend night while thousands of freegirls prepare to party 80 miles to the northwest in the Taycheedah correctional facility erin salmon is locked in her cage her days of drinking doing shots over erin salmon was once a promising young woman came from a good family retail manager at 16 graduated high school and college she's a felon with a college degree no erin salmon works amenial prison job for 10 cents an hour her former boyfriend walter Williams has moved on all her friends co-workers know she's in prison when erin salmon is released in august she will still be is state custody wont be able to drive for two years wont be able to party drink like the freegirls she will always be a convicted felon
Art Schooley

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

I won't vote Republican no mater what!
Art Schooley

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Judged:

I live in Oregon now but was born in Antigo. I wish I could express to you all that our Republican party is not for the working person. Most are self righteous arrogant and sycophants. But if that's what you like, go for it..
Tealiban faschists

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

TrueWords wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say corporations are people.......
I didn't say corporations have religion.......
I grew up in the 50's.........and eventually saw my Dad get absolutely screwed by union promises that were then, as now, unsustainable. Fortunately he was a child of the depression and knew the union leaders were crooks, so he saved all his life for retirement on the side, and with the meager buy-out offered, he's been OK.
I give to charity.....pretty extensively if you include my time spent
Many stakeholders don't DEMAND their fair share because they do their fair work, collect their fair pay, and can't fathom how anyone could obsess over what the CEO makes.
I'm not number one, but my wife and family are....just like my Dad worked hard and provided for his family, I provide for mine.
I didn't say Florida has $5.00 an hour jobs....read the post, are you OK?
All you have to do when you reform the tax code is figure out how that doesn't get passed along to the common guy at the cash register. If you don't we the people will still pay all of it.
I know what you said,I was commenting on the larger picture of too much influence of corporate money and power(which is their money).
You love your family and work hard for them,you are a good man. But think what your children will learn in school when corporations write the history books.
I don't think you give people enough credit,they don't obsess over what a CEO makes,but they do know what fairness is.Why should he get millions(for what?) and take that money out of the pool to be paid to the shareholders.
I said there are five dollar an hour jobs in Florida,and it is the truth. I worked in the Roof truss business down there. They started @five bucks or less. They paid me as a supervisor @ 9-10 dollars an hour. Really?
Listen for the conservatives to abolish income tax and just jack up the sales tax. This is where the little guy gets screwed,sales tax is a regressive tax and causes the people lower on the economic scale to pay for everyone that make more money. Fact.
Again good for you and your family,but to deny these things is just sticking your head in the sand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Poynette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Tue Pro People 2,234
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 31 BOBBY 452
Phox - 'Phox' Jul '14 Dr Teeth 2
Debate: Drinking Age - Baraboo, WI (Dec '11) Jun '14 Sara 11
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
DNR trying to shut down Crystal Lake Campground Jun '14 Gary Campbell 1
WI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in W... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Tealiban faschists 45

Search the Poynette Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Poynette Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Poynette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Poynette News, Events & Info