zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Recently it was reported in census data that Wisconsin has declined to 42nd in job creation under the Walker Administration. Guess this kinda goes against his pledge to create 250,000 new jobs.
zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

As many may recall, Kelly Rindfleisch, a former top aide to Scott Walker, was sentenced to six months of jail time after being convicted for her role in the John Doe criminal corruption probe.

At the hearing, new and damaging information detailing Scott Walker's knowledge of, and involvement in, the illegal campaign activity carried out on his behalf was entered into the court record. While we now have some answers about Scott Walker's role in the scandal, the revelations raise just as many new questions.

The Democratic Party of Wisconsin released a memo to interested reporters highlighting Walker's role, and the questions raised.

We now know that Scott Walker was aware that his county staff coordinated daily with his campaign staff on both Milwaukee County (taxpayer) policy and campaign strategy. Scott Walker’s campaign has even acknowledged his role in approving, authorizing and even directing this coordination as a “routine” part of day-to day activity.
zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

[I]f you look at the jobs picture since Walker took office, Wisconsin has lost a net 14,200 jobs as of mid 2012. In fact, Wisconsin has lagged behind the rest of the country in the recovery. While Wisconsin has lost jobs during Walker's time in office, the country as a whole saw jobs increase by 1.8 percent.

Needless to say, Wisconsin is not on track for Walker to keep his campaign promise to bring the state 250,000 new jobs by 2015.

So! There's your hero Whooters, or Big toe, or Daddy long legs, or whatever you choose to call yourself today.
zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

The first-year effects of Walker's policies on public employees—as well as their ripple effects on the state's economy—have been analyzed in a new study from the Institute for Wisconsin's Future (IWF), which found:

The average public employee has taken a pay cut of almost $3,000, or about $60 per week, thanks to Walker's requirement that they contribute more toward their health care and pensions. The pay cut given to 260,000 full-time public employees amounts to $700 million taken out of the state's economy each year, which means less money to be spent at Wisconsin's small businesses. The shrinkage of the state's economy due to public employees' pay cuts will lead to a loss of about 6,900 full-time jobs in the first year of Walker's budget. Walker's rejection of $553 million in federal funds—including $390 million for high-speed rail and $130 million for Medicaid in just the first year—will cause the loss of about 4,700 private-sector jobs. Walker's $975 million in cuts to state and local programs—including education funding, recycling and transportation—will cause about 5,400 full-time private sector jobs to be lost. The average pay cut to the 47,210 public sector employees in Milwaukee County is $2,620, reducing the local economy by $123.7 million.
repub ruler of the world

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

zipp wrote:
The first-year effects of Walker's policies on public employees—as well as their ripple effects on the state's economy—have been analyzed in a new study from the Institute for Wisconsin's Future (IWF), which found:
The average public employee has taken a pay cut of almost $3,000, or about $60 per week, thanks to Walker's requirement that they contribute more toward their health care and pensions. The pay cut given to 260,000 full-time public employees amounts to $700 million taken out of the state's economy each year, which means less money to be spent at Wisconsin's small businesses. The shrinkage of the state's economy due to public employees' pay cuts will lead to a loss of about 6,900 full-time jobs in the first year of Walker's budget. Walker's rejection of $553 million in federal funds—including $390 million for high-speed rail and $130 million for Medicaid in just the first year—will cause the loss of about 4,700 private-sector jobs. Walker's $975 million in cuts to state and local programs—including education funding, recycling and transportation—will cause about 5,400 full-time private sector jobs to be lost. The average pay cut to the 47,210 public sector employees in Milwaukee County is $2,620, reducing the local economy by $123.7 million.
There you go again with 'rithmatic and facts. None of which is discernable to the finely tuned mind of a Tea Bagger. You have to say it louder and more often,then it is truly fact. Bahahahahaha
zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Scott Walker was elected governor on the promise that he’d create 250,000 jobs in Wisconsin by 2015.

But Walker’s impact on job growth in Wisconsin has been disastrous. Under his tenure,Wisconsin has lagged consistently behind the rest of the region. The state has lost 31,027 jobs since Walker and GOP majorities came into office –the second worse job creation record in the nation (behind New Jersey).

As we reach Walker’s mid-term,let’s review how he brought us to this point. Walker began his gubernatorial tenure by turning down $800 million in federal stimulus money to bring high-speed rail to Wisconsin. That action cost jobs and infrastructure improvements that would have contributed to long-term growth.

In turning down the money,Walker appeased his tea party base,which opposes all government spending. His excuse to everyone else was that eventually the state would have to pick up a portion of the rail’s operating costs. He failed to consider,however,the jobs and economic activity it would have generated,including contributions to the taxbase.

In response to Walker’s action,the Spanish train-manufacturing company Talgo abandoned a facility in the Milwaukee area that was projected to add up to 600 jobs. Talgo is now suing the state for breach of contract and the company refuses to turn over new trains that have already cost the state $42 million.

Walker’s economic management has only gone downhill from there. Huge cuts to public sector employment have significantly reduced state and local governments’ budget shortfalls as intended,but they’ve also had a crippling ripple effect throughout the state’s economy,lowering the taxbase and causing tremendous suffering.

In a move that was praised by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and corporate-right groups,Walker dismantled the Department of Commerce and created the Wisconsin Economic Development Council,a public-private sector partnership that was supposed to give loans to promising businesses in Wisconsin to help them grow. Walker staffed the council with unqualified cronies with no background in the field.

WEDC’s mismanagement and complete lack of public oversight has so far resulted in $9 million in defaulted loans and the unexplained disappearance of $56 million. That money came from gas taxes,the federal mortgage settlement that was paid to the state and other public funding sources. WEDC has also been charged with bid-rigging schemes to give no-strings handouts to Walker’s political supporters and cronies. He’s fine with spending public money as long as it’s given to his friends without any accountability.

Corporate right donations have successfully propagandized the public to believe Walker’s policies have been an economic success,even as Wisconsin recorded a net job loss from January to November 2012. Republicans,who now once again have total control over state government,are currently focusing their efforts on devising strategies to make it more difficult for traditional Democratic voters to cast ballots and for women to have access to reproductive medical care.

With gerrymandered legislative districts that ensure Republicans control of the state for the next decade,progressives are going to have to work on educating the public in order to minimize further deterioration of the state’s economy.
zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

By the way, based on America and all of its tradition, all of our supposed values, all of what our founding fathers established, why would anyone want anyone to win an election based on cheating. Yes, cheating! The republican agendas of creating laws to reduce or eliminate early voting, or the gerrymandering of districts to gain political advantage. Is that really how we want to win? Really?
GOP faithful can write it off. Those like who tee who can simply say that it is nothing more than liberal rhetoric and is not legitimate are missing the point or don't take the time to understand. Is this what has become of American values. Some right-wingers talk about the decay of American values and how times were better in the past. Seems plausible, but when we take a closer look, we see things such as: jim crow laws, segregation, abuses of civil rights, rampant gender discrimination, oppression of minorities, family problems held in secrecy, sexual abuse protected by secrecy, and on and on. Where were these better times? While talking about these values that we have lost touch with, perhaps they can look in the mirror and consider if rigging elections, or I guess for that matter, cheating on tests constitutes the values they speak of.
zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Published by OneWisconsin:

'Gov. Walker Has Failed Wisconsin' Continuing Job Loss, Decimation of Education, Health Care, Tax Hikes on Seniors, Working Poor Are Walker's Legacy

Madison -- One Wisconsin Now Executive Director Scot Ross released the following statements about the unprecedented grassroots uprising against the failed policies of Gov. Scott Walker.

"In just one year, Gov. Scott Walker has failed the people of Wisconsin as no other elected official in our state has. Continuing job loss, while nationally the rest of the country gains jobs. The largest cuts to public education of our students in our state's history. More than 65,000 people including 29,000 children about to lose their health care. Radical attacks on the rights of Wisconsin workers and voters. And to top it off, an unconscionable $70 million hike on taxes for seniors and the working poor, while Walker signed $2.3 billion in new tax breaks for corporations and the rich. Walker tore Wisconsin apart, but the people of Wisconsin will put us back together."

Printer-friendly version of this release
zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Roughly 65,000 people—including 29,000 children—would leave Wisconsin's BadgerCare rolls under a Walker administration plan to cut more than a half-billion dollars from Medicaid. The 65,000 person estimate was released by the non-partisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau. It assumes people will leave BadgerCare for a variety of reasons, but that many will leave because they decide they can't afford the premium increases proposed by the Walker administration. Dennis Smith, Walker's Health Services Secretary, told lawmakers on the budget committee that his plan was not forcing anyone off BadgerCare, "The overall cost of Medicaid will continue to increase, our budget will increase. What we're talking about is trying to slow the rate of growth of the program that looks more in line with the overall economy." But Smith's characterization of the plan--and the way he presented it--got under the skin of Poplar Democratic Sen. Bob Jauch, "It appears, Mr. Secretary, as though you're talking about widgets instead of people." Jauch told Smith these proposed cuts went against Wisconsin tradition and were callous to the 65,000 people who would no longer be covered by the state, "They deserve an honest answer as though they were sitting here looking you in the face with an explanation of what they're supposed to do in July of 2012 when they can no longer afford health care and will have no place else to turn to care for their children." The plan passed the budget committee along party lines, but it still needs approval by the federal government. There's a good chance that won't happen. And if it doesn't, the department would implement a different plan that would kick 53,000 people off BadgerCare.
zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

There is your hero Whooters! Gouge the poor, balance the budget on the backs of the middle class, and give tax breaks to the rich. His cuts to healthcare will cause some people to loose healthcare insurance and possibly die or be ruined financially. This includes children.

Funny I bet Whooters wont even read my posts. He doesn't want to hear it.
zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Let's not forget cuts to education.

After a blast of smokescreen and dishonesty from Scott Walker's political machine, a damning new report from the state Department of Public Instruction shows that teacher and staffing cuts caused by the Walker budget are far worse than expected.

This report in totality refutes distorted statements Walker himself has made about how his educational "reforms" are working.

The alarming key findings of the report include proof that Walker’s cuts have caused:

73 percent of school districts in the state reported cutting teachers this year

The 1,446 teacher position cuts represents a 75 percent increase over similar reductions made last year

74 percent of school districts to cut staff, including the largest, exorbitant cuts made to reading, special education, career and technical education teachers

The reckless cuts by Walker’s knife were mitigated in part this year thanks to $82.3 million in funds provided by the Obama administration to offset such cuts on the state level: That money will not be available next year.

As Eau Claire Superintendent Dr. Ron Heilmann told the media recently: "Governor Walker doesn't understand how school financing works."

"Enacting $2.6 billion in cuts to education to pay for tax breaks to out-of-state corporations has had its intended effect —Scott Walker's disaster budget has resulted in almost 1,500 fewer teachers, larger class sizes and, notoriously, worse outcomes for the children of Wisconsin," Democratic Party of Wisconsin Chair Mike Tate said Tuesday. "Scott Walker and his well-funded political machine are trying to spin away what are facts. And the facts are that he has badly damaged public education in Wisconsin. They all must be held accountable for pursuing a narrow ideology for their corporate puppetmasters in a way that directly puts Wisconsin's families and future at risk.
zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Here's the thing Whooters, based on your posts I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your income is probably not beyond 250,000 per year. Maybe I'm wrong but i'll bet not. This being the case, if you have less money to spend then less money is put back into the economy and the result is that businesses suffer and jobs are lost. Yes, this is a simplification, but nonetheless true and proven. If the rich get richer, only a select few benefit. If the poor get richer, we all see sweeping benefits.
zipp

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Look at the report cards of just the last couple presidents: after Regan- deficit, Bush sr.- deficit, Clinton- surplus, Bush jr- economic collapse, Obama- slowly recovering with market gains and employment.
Who Tee Who

Oconto Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

zipp wrote:
There is your hero Whooters! Gouge the poor, balance the budget on the backs of the middle class, and give tax breaks to the rich. His cuts to healthcare will cause some people to loose healthcare insurance and possibly die or be ruined financially. This includes children.
Funny I bet Whooters wont even read my posts. He doesn't want to hear it.
What a parasite.Cry cry cry,,, the rich owe me! If you are so smart then go out and become a rich person. When you become wealthy you won't have to Cry cry cry cry about someone not putting there hard earned money in your pocket. The fact is without a Goverment teat provided by other tax payers hard work you can't make it can you? Cry cry cry,,, the world owes me. Read my post and choke on it welfare parasite. Who Tee Who is he who rules you.
zipp

Winfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

See, you probably didn't read of my post. Don't like the truth do you ole Whooters. I am not concerned about my situation, im doing well. My concern is for others and the state. Im sure that's a foreign concept to a scab like yourself. Hope you choke on the vomit that spews from your mouth whenever you open your fat trap, D-bag!
Real Patriot

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Does that fake Who Tee Who still spend hours sitting in Whooters wishing? What a waste! It must be real sore by now.....HA! First Class LOSER!
repub ruler of the world

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Who Tee Who wrote:
<quoted text>What a parasite.Cry cry cry,,, the rich owe me! If you are so smart then go out and become a rich person. When you become wealthy you won't have to Cry cry cry cry about someone not putting there hard earned money in your pocket. The fact is without a Goverment teat provided by other tax payers hard work you can't make it can you? Cry cry cry,,, the world owes me. Read my post and choke on it welfare parasite. Who Tee Who is he who rules you.
Your an insignigicant little game we play. When you reply to a post ,we try to see if your song changes. Alas, Teabag chin boy, you have memorized your script well. Obviosly you cannot formulate ideas or think on your own. Rush has a name for people like you,it's brother. You,in the third person are a sorrowful wretch that deserves pity. But your self imposed ignorance makes that impossible.
Big Toe

Rio, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

I hate Who Tee Who. Who Tee Who thinks people should be productive,creative,and be rewarded for thier hard work and invested effort. Now that rational is just wrong.The "Goverment teat", cradel to grave,thats for me!
zipp

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Hey republic ruler, did you get a load of the largelanguage guy. What a clown! Lol
Big Toe

Rio, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

I hope my buddie Zipp is recovering well from his brain transplant surgery. I feel bad that a Grass Hopper had to die so Zipp could have a brain. But consider how much more intelligent Zipp will be. I am sure Zipp's grammer and spelling will improve greatly now that he has a new Grasshopper brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poynette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conservative group pulls candidate's support Aug 22 Bryan Fischer s H... 1
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Pro People 2,234
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 31 BOBBY 452
Phox - 'Phox' Jul '14 Dr Teeth 2
Debate: Drinking Age - Baraboo, WI (Dec '11) Jun '14 Sara 11
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
DNR trying to shut down Crystal Lake Campground Jun '14 Gary Campbell 1
•••

Flood Warning for Columbia County was issued at August 28 at 3:25PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Poynette Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Poynette People Search