Va. quickly emerging as key in gay ma...

Va. quickly emerging as key in gay marriage fight

There are 70 comments on the WOI story from Jan 19, 2014, titled Va. quickly emerging as key in gay marriage fight. In it, WOI reports that:

RICHMOND, Va. - Almost overnight, Virginia has emerged as a critical state in the nationwide fight to grant gay men and women the right to wed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOI.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#49 Jan 22, 2014
cramaz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what is wrong now Quest can use logic to benefit quest but Far Away and I can't use the same logic if it benefits us. We don't need to try again. 3% of the population couldn't control anything if the 97% cared enough about what is going on to raise the same noise.
The 97% could drown the 3% out in the streets and at the voting booth. That is how our country was set up to operate.
What was the number of people that wanted to engage in an interracial marriage in 1967 ? Probably a lot less than 3% of the population.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#50 Jan 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You are treated the same as every other taxpayer in your income bracket with similar marital & dependent status.
ALL equal protection, not whether or not one is rich--poor, black--white, homosexual-heterosexual... ad infinitum. See how that works.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#51 Jan 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The SCOTUS disagrees, which is why Plessy was overturned.
The US constitution has supremacy over state constitutions or state laws.
My apology--correction: Brown was rightly decided... etc.

Your supremacy notion is partly correct--it's supremacy, but only as to those powers specifically granted to the federal government. The states have all other suprmacy inherent and as sovereigns.
benson

Richmond, VA

#52 Jan 22, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You have some odd ideas about marriage and family life. Is your's really so terrible?
I think you are confused.....marriage is between one man and one woman. Same-sex is terribly abnormal and making it legal doesn't make for a normal family.
benson

Richmond, VA

#53 Jan 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you've never read the 14th amendment.
The judges have.
You lose.
Any part of the Constitution is open for whatever you want it to mean......just so happens too many dumb azz judges don't have a clue how to handle it. Most judges nowadays are so liberal b/c they are involved in nasty behavior themselves. Either they are or have family, friends that flow from the sewer pipes.
cramaz

Ledbetter, KY

#54 Jan 22, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the number of people that wanted to engage in an interracial marriage in 1967 ? Probably a lot less than 3% of the population.
My point exactly!
benson

Richmond, VA

#55 Jan 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
What's odd is that you think your version of "normal" has any relevance to civil marriage law.
Its not a version of normality......it is the proper view as to what normal really is/ all other versions is abnormal.
benson

Richmond, VA

#56 Jan 22, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats your point on interracial marriage?

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#57 Jan 22, 2014
Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Your supremacy notion is partly correct--it's supremacy, but only as to those powers specifically granted to the federal government. The states have all other suprmacy inherent and as sovereigns.
I agree. The problem is, is that the federal government COMPLETELY IGNORES AND DISREGARDS The Bill Of RIGHTS, specifically the 9th Amendment and the 10th Amendment. For instance, The Obamanaic is now setting up some sort of government task force on campus sexual assaults. He has NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to do that ! He is NOT a king or dictator !(He apparently thinks he is). He simply disregards the U.S. Constitution. And what gives him the RIGHT to order the deaths of Americans overseas ?! He has admitted doing that. ANd unfortunately, Congress, nor the judiciary call him on it ! It's a disgrace !

IMPEACH THIS BUM ! THROW STUMBLEBUM JOE IN THERE ! NEXT !

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#58 Jan 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can get majority support for polygamy like we have for same-sex marriage, then go for it.
Good point, a 3% majority certainly opens some doors.
benson

Richmond, VA

#59 Jan 22, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The problem is, is that the federal government COMPLETELY IGNORES AND DISREGARDS The Bill Of RIGHTS, specifically the 9th Amendment and the 10th Amendment. For instance, The Obamanaic is now setting up some sort of government task force on campus sexual assaults. He has NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to do that ! He is NOT a king or dictator !(He apparently thinks he is). He simply disregards the U.S. Constitution. And what gives him the RIGHT to order the deaths of Americans overseas ?! He has admitted doing that. ANd unfortunately, Congress, nor the judiciary call him on it ! It's a disgrace !
IMPEACH THIS BUM ! THROW STUMBLEBUM JOE IN THERE ! NEXT !
You composite idiot......what does Obama have to do with this thread. Its just like you FOx bots to hound him on any topix forum. Get a life you big slob!!!!!!!!!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#60 Jan 22, 2014
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
You composite idiot......what does Obama have to do with this thread. Its just like you FOx bots to hound him on any topix forum. Get a life you big slob!!!!!!!!!!
The Obamaniac is gay. That has enough to do with this thread.
benson

Richmond, VA

#61 Jan 22, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obamaniac is gay. That has enough to do with this thread.
You ppl. are in the same hog pen as Limbaugh. Yeah....y'all can't find some sexual dirt in his background, so y'all make up shyt. Way to go morons.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#62 Jan 22, 2014
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
You ppl. are in the same hog pen as Limbaugh. Yeah....y'all can't find some sexual dirt in his background, so y'all make up shyt. Way to go morons.
When a black man denies he's gay, that PROVES he's lying. Don't you know ANYTHING ?!
Socrates

Chester, VA

#63 Jan 23, 2014
I didn't vote for that AG either but enough said,
Married gay couples have a right to be as miserable as
Us heterosexual couples so let them marry.
They'll be out sniffing like the rest of the world.
I knew things were getting out of control when you could't
Identify gays by their looks, hardened linebacker gals
And feminine guys. Well what's next, how will you define adultery
Or is that just an archaic term now with no meaning like
Respect, maturity & responsibility

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#64 Jan 23, 2014
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
His Obama outbursts are completely involuntary, and pour out at the strangest and most irrelevant times. We don't believe he can control this.

We just ignore it.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#65 Jan 23, 2014
Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL equal protection, not whether or not one is rich--poor, black--white, homosexual-heterosexual... ad infinitum. See how that works.
Yes, I see you don't understand how equal protection actually works.

Does a child have the same right to vote as an adult?

Why not?

Why aren't they entitled to your version of equal protection??

Tawas City, Michigan

#66 Jan 23, 2014
Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime there is a conflict between federal & state, federal wins.

Tawas City, Michigan

#67 Jan 23, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, a 3% majority certainly opens some doors.
Yes, it does, especially when we have over 50% of the straight population supporting us.

Tawas City, Michigan

#68 Jan 23, 2014
Virginia's Gov & AG refuse to defend the ban on same-sex couples marrying.

Congrats Virginia on becoming the 18th state with marriage equality!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powhatan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reasons I want to Remain a Man 10 hr VN Vet 2
Governor 10 hr VN Vet 3
Review: Golden Goat (Aug '10) Sun Youranidiot 32
Felons Sun Youranidiot 7
News Mother Accused of Driving Drunk (Sep '08) Sun its2016 168
News Woman's obituary trolls 2016 election May 20 VN Vet 8
Women Are No Longer Fully Protected when Using ... May 20 Zeke the Pinhead 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powhatan Mortgages