Why They Hate Obama

Aug 8, 2013 Full story: The Daily Beast 11,823

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6556 Jan 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, late.
Late?

The *direct* election of Senators commiserated with the PASSING of the 17th amendment in 1913.

May 31, 1913.

When were those direct Senate elections?

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#6557 Jan 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
APPOINTED BY WHOM?
You just told us Oregon elected senators in 1907.
Do you need the exact quote?
The appointee was elected. The election was how the appointed person was chosen. The legislature didn't do the choice, just the appointment of the people's choice.

Bordentown, NJ

#6558 Jan 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that the legislature chooses.
Which is what I said.
And you are insisting that senators in a number of states were appointed by direct election which we both know is wrong.
And for you to keep perpetuating this lie makes you a liar.
It does not matter if the state legislatures chose their senators by "advisory" vote of the general populace, or they drew cards until they come up with a winner: the fact is, the LEGISLATURES chose their Senators to represent them.
Yes, the legislature chooses. It can choose by direct vote of the people. It appoints who the people voted for. It's not a hard concept. Try to follow.

Bordentown, NJ

#6559 Jan 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Late?
The *direct* election of Senators commiserated with the PASSING of the 17th amendment in 1913.
May 31, 1913.
When were those direct Senate elections?
The direct election of senators in [every] state with the passing of the 17th amendment.

Bordentown, NJ

#6560 Jan 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is also a lie.
HOW SAD THAT YOU ARE SUCH A M/F C/S LIAR that you would edit out the "rest of the story".
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!
By 1912, as many as 29 states elected senators either as nominees of their party's primary **********or********** in conjunction with a general election.
Just like the representatives, except the legislatures appointed the people's elected nominee for the senate. The legislature didn't vote for the senator. As I said, some states elected senators and others were voted for by the legislature.

Location hidden

#6561 Jan 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The appointee was elected.
He was appointed to his senate seat by the Oregon legislature.

This is fact.

You do know that you lying reflects on you, not me?

It doesn't matter that the legislature was advised to appoint him?

What does advise mean in your world?

Location hidden

#6562 Jan 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The direct election of senators in [every] state with the passing of the 17th amendment.
and the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and we only need you to say that you were wrong about "some" states direct electing the senators prior to the 17th amendment.

Location hidden

#6563 Jan 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
As I said, some states elected senators
We are still waiting for that list of some states.

So far you have said "Oregon" and you were wrong.

Try another state?
Eric Gustafuson

Newport News, VA

#6564 Jan 26, 2014
If you looked at the data on spending, the deficits began to shrink before the 2011 Republican majority sat down in congress, and escalated from sequester that Republicans blamed on Obama.

you can't have it both ways.

that's similar to the same theory on Clinton balancing the budgets, often when Republicans bring up the Republican Majority, they conveniently leave out Clinton's use of Line Item Veto power negating any Republican proposals for those budgets.

There has never been a Republican in the White House who has shrunk deficits in the last 50 years. The record deficits was run up with Republicans in the majority in Congress rubber stamping Bush's spending and priorities.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so that's one of the few things that DumBama is responsible for and not the Republican Congress? You know Congress..... the people with the federal checkbook?
http://lucente.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011...
Eric Gustafuson

Newport News, VA

#6565 Jan 26, 2014
Hitler and Benito Mussolini were Fascist.

You epitomize an American Fascist promoting Fascist propaganda without understanding the tenets of Fascism.

You posted a link with a sufficient clarification of the central tenant of Fascism. Information that you can not digest.

Reread the link you posted and if you can't understand it find someone to help you delve into the reading material.
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing you can't comprehend the link. Your stipulation is fascism is no government. By your post, you seemed to have reversed yourself. Fascism is anti free people and total government control, that was the point.

Location hidden

#6566 Jan 26, 2014
Eric Gustafuson wrote:
First time you've argued with a Republican, obviously.

2ndAmRight wrote:
It most certainly IS a "firearm".

2ndAmRight wrote:
... an “antique firearm” is not a firearm.
Eric Gustafuson

Newport News, VA

#6567 Jan 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Reversal again! Exactly! Where is the no government?
Corporate governance has nothing to do with Government. Corporate governance is the manner of how an organization is controlled internally.

Location hidden

#6568 Jan 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
The legislature didn't vote for the senator.
How many eggs are you going to put in the Oregon legislature didn't vote for this senator basket?
Eric Gustafuson

Newport News, VA

#6569 Jan 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The popular vote is what the House is for.
That is if Obama doesn't use his pen and phone to go around it, the people's representatives be damned.
Obama is the "People's Representative" in a Democratic Republic........ the National Election held every 4 years for an executive settled that affair, not once but twice.

American Presidents has the power of veto and constitutional authority for executive orders. The people of the United States put Obama in that position.

There are two ways that presidents can enact initiatives without congressional approval. Presidents may issue a proclamation, often ceremonial in nature, such as naming a day in honor of someone or something that has contributed to American society. A president may also issue an executive order, which has the full effect of law and is directed to federal agencies that are charged with carrying out the order.

President Obama has been pretty timid when it comes to issuing Executive Orders.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#6571 Jan 26, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text> Republicans really are incapable of taking responsibilty for ANYTHING arent they?
Probabky why the Electorate decided they werent fit to lead the last two times.
Teabagging Cretin.LMAO!
Since it was Republicans that freed the slaves, Passed the Civil Rights act and the Voting Rights act..........and liberals fought against all three, tell us again what you KKK scum bags have done for the blacks.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#6572 Jan 26, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"caracunt"
No republican/conservative would get close to you in your sty. The stink would be to much.
You are the stoopid one, you fail to understand the post was designed to piss you off and it apparently was effective.
Peace
KMA
Didn't piss me off, Hog Eye, but you certainly fell for it.....and IN it. LOL. Keep swillin' the Fox Ministry of Propaganda talking oinks, oinker, you wear them well!

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#6573 Jan 26, 2014
Eric Gustafuson wrote:
If you looked at the data on spending, the deficits began to shrink before the 2011 Republican majority sat down in congress, and escalated from sequester that Republicans blamed on Obama.
that's similar to the same theory on Clinton balancing the budgets, often when Republicans bring up the Republican Majority, they conveniently leave out Clinton's use of Line Item Veto power negating any Republican proposals for those budgets.
There has never been a Republican in the White House who has shrunk deficits in the last 50 years. The record deficits was run up with Republicans in the majority in Congress rubber stamping Bush's spending and priorities.
<quoted text>
Of course Obama quit his irrational spending right before an election, but it didn't save the blood bath of 2010 and it won't save him in 2014 and his liberal successor in 2016.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#6574 Jan 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Years?
I have to get a new hobby.
If I could remember where I put the truck keys, I'd say my memory is improving.
Yeah, years....LOL. I know, it's been nearly SIX years since logging on and registering "Caribou Barbie" which happened the day Saracuda Failin' was announced as the RNC's choice to drag Grampy McShame along the tarmac....lol.

I've parlayed the moniker into quite a business since then....
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#6575 Jan 26, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you proved with this reply you know nothing about the Republican Party and its history and it was the Republican Party that dominated the Progressive Era here in the US.
Thanks for refuting nothing and merely making a fool of yourself...again.

No one said the Republicans were not linked with the Progressives, assclown. Learn to read.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#6576 Jan 26, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Of course Obama quit his irrational spending right before an election, but it didn't save the blood bath of 2010 and it won't save him in 2014 and his liberal successor in 2016.
In between of course he was easily re-elected over the best your Party could offer, and you got back NOTHING in Congress. I think you'll find you're dead wrong (as usual) this November, not that you'll admit it.

Oh, and Mr. Obama doesn't "spend." That's Congress' job, idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powhatan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sat Tony 1,358
Review: Richard S. Vacca, D.D.S. Sep 10 Vaccamidlothianva 1
Citizens of 7th Congressional District NOW HAVE... Sep 9 WeThePeople 1
Ex-Virginia Gov. McDonnell, Wife Charged With C... (Jan '14) Sep 7 VN Vet 14
MCDONNELLS subject to trans JAIL probing Sep 6 Cold Justic Probe 1
Poltical Trial Sep 5 VN Vet 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug '14 Time Flys 2,546
•••
•••
Powhatan Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Powhatan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••