Why They Hate Obama

Why They Hate Obama

There are 12510 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3343 Dec 13, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News was not lying was my point. Fox news reports a lot of things that Oblama supporters would rather not hear, like horror story after horror story re the ACA.
But Fox was in fact lying, and on many occasions have been caught doing so. Here are some recent ACA "Horror Stories" that Fox ran, and have been completely debunked;

"Fox's airing of the thoroughly ridiculous claim by a GOP hack that their 18 month old baby would not be covered under their new family policy...."

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2884913271001/baby...

Now to Hannity's 3 couples with their supposed horror stories - all were called on after this show, and the lies literally fell apart;

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/inside_the_fo...

More on Fox News lies? I have so many of them, I could start my own blog with verified lies that supposed news agency puts forth as fact.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3344 Dec 13, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, that wasn't a Fox News lie? That Virginia couple wasn't seeking disability or long term nursing cars, just straight up healthcare.
When an individual is receiving interest on bank accounts, this is considered a resource. It is not tax exempt, therefore is considered income, and would disqualify depending on the amount of interest accrued.

Those specifics were not taken into consideration, so I would be wary of taking this particular story as truthful - especially when Fox has a consistent record for putting lies out with people they interview, such as the 3 couples on Hannity with their horror story, which was debunked. Or the Suffolk County official who lost running for office, and claimed his 18 month old was excluded from the ACA - this was also debunked very quickly, with no retraction from Fox.

All verified - if you would like the links, I would be happy to supply them for your review.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#3345 Dec 13, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
When an individual is receiving interest on bank accounts, this is considered a resource. It is not tax exempt, therefore is considered income, and would disqualify depending on the amount of interest accrued.
Those specifics were not taken into consideration, so I would be wary of taking this particular story as truthful - especially when Fox has a consistent record for putting lies out with people they interview, such as the 3 couples on Hannity with their horror story, which was debunked. Or the Suffolk County official who lost running for office, and claimed his 18 month old was excluded from the ACA - this was also debunked very quickly, with no retraction from Fox.
All verified - if you would like the links, I would be happy to supply them for your review.
I understand interest is income. One would have to have an enormous amount of money in the bank to collect interest that's above the poverty rate at 1 or 2% interest. It's my understanding that Virginia couple didn't have an income. I could be wrong.

I couldn't open the link concerning the uncovered baby. I looked it up on my own. I don't see the lie. He said he received notice his baby wasn't covered under ACA and attempted to rectify the problem. His point was he couldn't get any help until the NY Post called, at which time, the exchange people said it was a mistake and would rectify the problem. For the exchange to admit there was a mistake vindicates the man's contention.

From what I gather from the other three couples, they simply said their policies were dropped and the replacement policies would cost much more. I don't think they said the ACA would cost more.

The point of it all, and what Fox fails to address clearly, is the government is the source of hurt in a land of supposed free people. The government shouldn't be the cause of even one citizen's hurt or source of anguish and limiting their freedom. This is all a statist mentality of intrusion, intervention, and coercion.

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#3346 Dec 13, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>But Fox was in fact lying, and on many occasions have been caught doing so. Here are some recent ACA "Horror Stories" that Fox ran, and have been completely debunked;

"Fox's airing of the thoroughly ridiculous claim by a GOP hack that their 18 month old baby would not be covered under their new family policy...."

Now to Hannity's 3 couples with their supposed horror stories - all were called on after this show, and the lies literally fell apart;

More on Fox News lies? I have so many of them, I could start my own blog with verified lies that supposed news agency puts forth as fact.
Please do. We can compare them to msnbc and cnn.

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#3347 Dec 13, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>I understand interest is income. One would have to have an enormous amount of money in the bank to collect interest that's above the poverty rate at 1 or 2% interest. It's my understanding that Virginia couple didn't have an income. I could be wrong.

I couldn't open the link concerning the uncovered baby. I looked it up on my own. I don't see the lie. He said he received notice his baby wasn't covered under ACA and attempted to rectify the problem. His point was he couldn't get any help until the NY Post called, at which time, the exchange people said it was a mistake and would rectify the problem. For the exchange to admit there was a mistake vindicates the man's contention.

From what I gather from the other three couples, they simply said their policies were dropped and the replacement policies would cost much more. I don't think they said the ACA would cost more.

The point of it all, and what Fox fails to address clearly, is the government is the source of hurt in a land of supposed free people. The government shouldn't be the cause of even one citizen's hurt or source of anguish and limiting their freedom. This is all a statist mentality of intrusion, intervention, and coercion.
The libs prefer their one sides propaganda.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#3348 Dec 13, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Fox was in fact lying, and on many occasions have been caught doing so. Here are some recent ACA "Horror Stories" that Fox ran, and have been completely debunked;
scammity is a verified liar. Still waiting for him to undergo that waterboarding he promised.
Billy Ringo

Springfield, NJ

#3349 Dec 13, 2013
Why they hate Obama?

He got Bin Laden, and "they" didn't even have a clue as to where to even look.

He passed Health Care when "they" couldn't - or wouldn't

He passed the stimulus after" they" spent 8 years raping our economy

Saved the US auto industry when "they" were willing to let it die

Got rid of Gaddafi -

Got rid of Muburak

.......... well, you get the idea..........
coal

Hopkinsville, KY

#3350 Dec 13, 2013
Obamacare was intended to do 2 things and it is doing both very well.

It was intended to provide free health care to Obama's political base, the professional welfare recipient class. It is doing that. They get Medicaid. Absolutely FREE.

It was also intended to punish the mostly white working class who are the rank and file voters of the Republican Party. It is doing that just fine too. They are being stuck with huge premium increases that they must pay or be fined.

Obamacare also has 2 built in mechanisms that will hurt workers even more than the individual mandate. First, by exempting employers with under 50 employees (and adding greatly to the cost of the premiums that they must pay if they do cover their employees) it encourages employers with just a few workers over 50, say 54, to lay off workers to get under the 50 limit. Many will do that. They will have no choice since they cannot afford the higher premiums that they must now pay. The loophole that allows big employers with hundreds or thousands of low wage employees to not cover part time workers is an incentive for those employers to cut people's hours.

The aim was to destroy the working middle class and force them onto the expanded Medicaid. However, there is a Catch-22 in that too. Take this example:

A 55 year old factory worker who worked for good wages for many years and is laid off. He owns a house that is paid for, two or more vehicles, and maybe a boat or a little tract of land that he uses for hunting and recreation. He has some savings. After he is laid off, he takes a full time job at low wages. It is all that he can get. It pays the bills and he figures he can last until age 62 and Social Security and retirement kick in. Then Obamacare hits his employer. If he works for an employer with 50 workers and he's no. 50, he will be the one fired. Last hired; first fired. He has to pay his own Obamacare, but he can't afford it.

"But," the Obamanites say, "He can get expanded Medicaid!"

Well, yes, he can. But - and here's the Catch-22 - he's not eligible for Medicaid because he has too much in the way of assets - that house and everything that he has worked all his life for. He has liquidate those assets and spend the money before he can get Medicaid. It will impoverish him.

And that is just what Obama intended for it to do.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#3351 Dec 13, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you also going to claim intentionality of your untenable assumptions and duplicity?
I'll be pleased to help you hone your skills through verbal sparring if you're willing to be respectful.
Loozr"
My assumptions are not untenable. In fact they are not assumptions they are facts.
Peace
KMA

Spokane, WA

#3352 Dec 13, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
Why they hate Obama?
Got rid of Gaddafi -
Got rid of Muburak
"billy dingus"
- The Navy Seal team got bin laden, president nobama was golfing during the mission
-nobamakare, a program a solid majority of American's do not want or support and will cost tax payer several trillion dollars over the next 10 years
- The porkilus bill was a disaster, after it passed the unemployment rate went up
- The auto industry would have survived, in a different probably better form and it would not have cost the American tax payers 10+ billion dollars
- Illegally bombed Libya
- The ones who got rid of mubarak were your friends, muslim terrorists
Peace
KMA
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#3353 Dec 13, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
Why they hate Obama?
Got rid of Gaddafi -
Got rid of Muburak
He did all these things you love plus increased the police state tyranny and yet security for his own safety is terrible. People with bad credentials get close to him and other important dignitaries while the peon citizens get chitt on by the totalitarian dragon emerging from the cauldron of power hungry jackals that has been repeated so many times in history.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#3354 Dec 13, 2013
That's even more bogus than the original scenario. If he has assets in the neighborhood of $5 Million and no verifiable income, in Virginia he has to sell or take out a loan to get liquid they're not providing him help. ACA is not Free Health Care. He's barking up the wrong tree or can't read to understand the intent of the program.

There is no question about it, if he has children and a worth of $5 Million living in Virginia he either will sell those assets, or go to jail and have the state seized his property to take care of his Children and provide them with insurance and anything else they need.

Looks like to me he's attempting an elaborate scheme to be a dead beat

If he wanted his child covered he should have simply called his insurance agent, at $5 Million in assets there's nothing the ACA can do to help or harm his situation.
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand interest is income. One would have to have an enormous amount of money in the bank to collect interest that's above the poverty rate at 1 or 2% interest. It's my understanding that Virginia couple didn't have an income. I could be wrong.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#3355 Dec 13, 2013
This is the exact Republican Agenda that had Bin Laden running around for 10 years after the Bombing of NYC, and 49 Million American unable to afford or locked out of purchasing Health Care Insurance and forced families into bankruptcy for medical bills.

The Ryan Budget definitely reflects Republican priorities in reducing Veterans pensions despite the double talk about supporting America's military.

The Bush Automobile Bailouts in Nov 2008, saved 1 million American jobs, we know that's never been a priority of Republicans after helping to ship more than 10 million American jobs across the globe during the Republican cabal from 2001 to 2009

Libya should have long ago been destroyed for bringing down the Pan Am Jet full of Americans, but we know you can't expect boys to do a Man's job.

These are just a number of incidents and disasters that has the Republicans on the outside looking in, and will keep them detached from being in Power in Washington anytime in the next two decades.
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"billy dingus"
- The Navy Seal team got bin laden, president nobama was golfing during the mission
-nobamakare, a program a solid majority of American's do not want or support and will cost tax payer several trillion dollars over the next 10 years
- The porkilus bill was a disaster, after it passed the unemployment rate went up
- The auto industry would have survived, in a different probably better form and it would not have cost the American tax payers 10+ billion dollars
- Illegally bombed Libya
- The ones who got rid of mubarak were your friends, muslim terrorists
Peace
KMA

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3356 Dec 13, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to give you a bit more clarity on both issues;

"I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening.“Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,” Hannity announced,“and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.” Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.

As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their “Obamacare” horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.

“These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,” Hannity interjected."

"I decided to hit the pavement. I tracked down Hannity’s guests, one by one, and did my own telephone interviews with them.

First I spoke with Paul Cox of Leicester, N.C. He and his wife Michelle had lamented to Hannity that because of Obamacare, they can’t grow their construction business and they have kept their employees below a certain number of hours, so that they are part-timers.

Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce?“Well,” he said,“I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did."

Clearly, none of these people were either vetted properly, or Hannity refused to do due diligence. Expected of Hannity.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3357 Dec 13, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Now to the 18 month old story that was debunked;

"“If you thought that, yes, I would hate the law and the president, too,” Hayes told Media Matters writer Eric Boehlert on Wednesday.“If it were the case that Obamacare just capriciously denied an 18-month-old coverage, then that would be a terrible law.”

Hayes conceded that the New York Post report on Cornelius Kelly’s allegations that his state health care exchange would cover everyone in his family except his 18-month-old daughter sounded like “the worst Obamacare story yet,” and became not only Fox News fodder, but the subject of a critical Twitter post by House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH).

“You might be asking yourself the question that any journalist writing about it, or producer putting together a TV segment about it, or just person with basic literacy and common sense would surely be asking,” Hayes said.“Which is,‘Could it possibly be the case that Obamacare was denying coverage to a toddler?”

As it turned out, he said, it was not. Capital New York debunked Kelly’s claim, reporting that not only did Kelly forget to identify his 18-month-old while applying for the exchange, but that he was a failed conservative candidate in Suffolk County, New York. It also turned out that officials corrected his mistake and enrolled his family in a health plan before Kelly said otherwise in an interview with Sean Hannity.(Though, technically, Hayes’ show website also erred, misidentifying Boehlert as Eric Boehner. Oops.)"

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/04/chris-h...

"The story was run in Sunday’s New York Post and Kelly found himself on Fox News on Monday detailing his awful, terrible ordeal having to deal with New York’s state exchange. Of course, as you have probably surmised, the story was complete hogwash. Kelly exaggerated for effect and did not reveal what really happened. Apparently, Kelly placed on his application that he had three children when in fact he has four. This caused a clerical error that had to be later fixed. Under the New York state exchange, no matter how many children you have, they can all be covered under one family plan and the cost cannot exceed 2.85 times an individual plan."

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/03/boehne...

As I said, all were lies.

Hypoluxo Fl

#3358 Dec 13, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
Why they hate Obama?
Got rid of Gaddafi -
Got rid of Muburak
He's black. The main reason.

Hypoluxo Fl

#3359 Dec 13, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> He did all these things you love plus increased the police state tyranny and yet security for his own safety is terrible. People with bad credentials get close to him and other important dignitaries while the peon citizens get chitt on by the totalitarian dragon emerging from the cauldron of power hungry jackals that has been repeated so many times in history.
Drivel.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#3360 Dec 13, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
This is the exact Republican Agenda that had Bin Laden running around for 10 years after the Bombing of NYC, and 49 Million American unable to afford or locked out of purchasing Health Care Insurance and forced families into bankruptcy for medical bills.
The Ryan Budget definitely reflects Republican priorities in reducing Veterans pensions despite the double talk about supporting America's military.
The Bush Automobile Bailouts in Nov 2008, saved 1 million American jobs, we know that's never been a priority of Republicans after helping to ship more than 10 million American jobs across the globe during the Republican cabal from 2001 to 2009
Libya should have long ago been destroyed for bringing down the Pan Am Jet full of Americans, but we know you can't expect boys to do a Man's job.
These are just a number of incidents and disasters that has the Republicans on the outside looking in, and will keep them detached from being in Power in Washington anytime in the next two decades.
<quoted text>
Cute.

Did you ever ask yourself what would have happened if our American automobile companies wouldn't have gotten a bailout? Saved one million jobs?

Well then, if one million Americans were not making cars, then I guess the American car buyers wouldn't have been able to buy cars then, huh?

FULL QUESTION:
When Democratic presidential candidates talk about tax breaks for corporations that ship our jobs overseas and tax breaks and subsidies for oil companies, what are they referring to and are they accurate?

FULL ANSWER:
It’s true that Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have associated the transfer of U.S. jobs overseas with tax breaks, or loopholes, for companies that practice off-shoring:

Both candidates are referring to a feature of the U.S. tax code that allows domestic companies to defer taxes on “unrepatriated income.” In other words, revenue that companies earn through their overseas subsidiaries goes untaxed by the IRS as long as it stays off the company’s U.S. books.

But economists, including left-leaning ones, do not agree that eliminating this provision will bring an end to off-shoring. And here’s why: In the U.S., companies are taxed 35 percent on earnings of $10 million to $15 million or on all earnings over $18.3 million. That’s one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, making an overseas move somewhat attractive to companies that wish to avoid the U.S. tax rate. But that’s not the leading reason companies send jobs overseas. According to a 2005 report by the Government Accountability Office, global technological advancement, increased openness of countries such as China and India, the higher education level of foreign workers in technological fields, and the reduced cost per foreign worker are all contributing factors to off-shoring.

We first addressed this popular theme in 2004, when we reported on a John Kerry campaign ad in which he blamed President George W. Bush for providing tax incentives to companies “outsourcing” jobs overseas. At the time we found that such tax breaks, which do exist, pre-dated the Bush administration and that even Democratic-leaning economists did not support the idea that changing the corporate tax code would end the movement of jobs overseas.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/oil-and-gas-...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#3361 Dec 13, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to give you a bit more clarity on both issues;
"I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening.“Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,” Hannity announced,“and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.” Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.
As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their “Obamacare” horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.
“These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,” Hannity interjected."
"I decided to hit the pavement. I tracked down Hannity’s guests, one by one, and did my own telephone interviews with them.
First I spoke with Paul Cox of Leicester, N.C. He and his wife Michelle had lamented to Hannity that because of Obamacare, they can’t grow their construction business and they have kept their employees below a certain number of hours, so that they are part-timers.
Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce?“Well,” he said,“I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did."
Clearly, none of these people were either vetted properly, or Hannity refused to do due diligence. Expected of Hannity.
Well, you can go on about Hannity, I don't watch him. Too much of a broken record, I still don't see the lie. Are you saying their policies weren't cancelled and the replacement policy isn't more expensive? I don't think they claimed the policy in the exchange was more expensive, they never checked it.

My brother owns a business not affected directly by Obamacare, but his costs are higher because his suppliers raised prices because they were affected by Obamacare. He didn't have to lay anyone off or cut their hours back, but his pieces are a little higher.
drinK the Hive

Newark, NJ

#3362 Dec 13, 2013
I Make 100% All Natural Ayurvedic Skin Care Products - Powdered Cleanser'- Face Moisture Oils.

http://cannabislover.com/wp-content/plugins/r...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powhatan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A no vote 12 hr turd detector 2
Klinton and Koone Sun Mike Jersey 2
The final Ukrops knife in backs of their loyal ... Sat bona fide 3
Joe King Danville Jul 21 E Wright 4
Doctor Jul 14 AAA 2
Stay Away from These Cities on the 15th Jul 13 Concerned Citizen 1
Description of The Real Obama Jul 12 Lester 2

Powhatan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance