A Photographic History of the War in ...

A Photographic History of the War in Vietnam

There are 45 comments on the WNYC-AM New York story from Nov 1, 2013, titled A Photographic History of the War in Vietnam. In it, WNYC-AM New York reports that:

Exhausted South Vietnamese soldiers sleep on a U.S. Navy troop carrier taking them back to the provincial capital of Ca Mau, August 1962.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNYC-AM New York.

SpongeBob

Mississauga, Canada

#21 Nov 2, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting video Bob,didn't understand the words but I understand the sentiment,a tribute to those brave people.
In the last portion of that same video, that is HochiMinh HW nowadays. Myself, just let you know, I was there, HochiMinh trail of VN war, also on a Hochiminh trail version along Thailand, Cambodia border(the whole world might not know it exsisted up to NOW) during Cambodia-VN war 1978-1989...As ex-NVA of Cambodia-vn war, I ended up as prisoner of war by Polpot Forces along Thai-Kampuchean border(captured alive by Polpot Special Forces at Phnum Seoung, former Battambang Province, 25kilometers from Thai border. Landed as refugee into Canada closely 30 years ago. But.....I still love Vietnam. If, whenever China attacks Vietnam again, no matter in the South China Sea or in land, I will be amongst the first group of over-sea Vietnamese to voluntarily come back in the frontline, if approved(due to old age). Thanks for your input into my home-land sympathy...If you have chance to visit VN, do not forget Hochiminh Trail, is HCM Highway now, safe and beautiful sceneries.....One minute to the tribute of my thousands and thousands of comrades who sacrificed along this trail during vn war...
Oliver Cromwell

Preston, UK

#22 Nov 2, 2013
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>In the last portion of that same video, that is HochiMinh HW nowadays. Myself, just let you know, I was there, HochiMinh trail of VN war, also on a Hochiminh trail version along Thailand, Cambodia border(the whole world might not know it exsisted up to NOW) during Cambodia-VN war 1978-1989...As ex-NVA of Cambodia-vn war, I ended up as prisoner of war by Polpot Forces along Thai-Kampuchean border(captured alive by Polpot Special Forces at Phnum Seoung, former Battambang Province, 25kilometers from Thai border. Landed as refugee into Canada closely 30 years ago. But.....I still love Vietnam. If, whenever China attacks Vietnam again, no matter in the South China Sea or in land, I will be amongst the first group of over-sea Vietnamese to voluntarily come back in the frontline, if approved(due to old age). Thanks for your input into my home-land sympathy...If you have chance to visit VN, do not forget Hochiminh Trail, is HCM Highway now, safe and beautiful sceneries.....One minute to the tribute of my thousands and thousands of comrades who sacrificed along this trail during vn war...
Respect there Bob,what many people in the West don't understand is the magnitude of the sacrifice Vietnamese people made for Liberation,i read some of the NLF fighters had spent the best part of thirty years fighting invaders,its the arrogance of Imperialism and Colonialism,the French had a shock at Dien Bien Phu,one woud have thought the US would have learned that lesson of History,you were lucky to have survived Pol Pots people,the Vietnamese never had credit in the West for Liberating Cambodia,as for Vietnam/China,i would love to see those two Countries be Partners not fighting.
SpongeBobCu

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#23 Nov 2, 2013
here U is again!!;-00
Bob Cu

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#24 Nov 2, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> Respect there Bob,what many people in the West don't understand is the magnitude of the sacrifice Vietnamese people made for Liberation,i read some of the NLF fighters had spent the best part of thirty years fighting invaders,its the arrogance of Imperialism and Colonialism,the French had a shock at Dien Bien Phu,one woud have thought the US would have learned that lesson of History,you were lucky to have survived Pol Pots people,the Vietnamese never had credit in the West for Liberating Cambodia,as for Vietnam/China,i would love to see those two Countries be Partners not fighting.
dat VCfreshmen was brain bleach bi his uncle SoHo!!;) Oliver do U brain wash too?!;-00000
bac ky luvin it

Seattle, WA

#25 Nov 2, 2013
sickening culture wrote:
referring back to the vietnam wars.
i feel so sad,,and so sicked,
we fought tirelessly.
but in the end,,we fought we die for nothing,.
we known how to do it,, but unfortunately we unable to commanded our troops,
we were influenced of the money power,look like some form of conspiracy to making the other a winner,.
every time we fought we took the territory,,,
then we got and order to leave, and give it back for vietcong,
why is that ?
u fought 4 a reason.
2 giv us nguy FREEEEE jumbo shrimp and housing!!! in da usa baby
searching for resource

London, UK

#26 Nov 2, 2013
bac ky luvin it wrote:
<quoted text>
u fought 4 a reason.
2 giv us nguy FREEEEE jumbo shrimp and housing!!! in da usa baby

hu,hu,hu,

i keep crying all the time u see,
because backy took over my place in vn,,

u see they took my house,,they demolishing it,,they build a new home on the lands,, what can i claiming now,,

the lands deed has been transferred 3 owner,,all of them was a backy, that is the information i had from local authority health and environment,,lands register,

should i proceeding against backy stolent properties in the European court of law ?

do u known any thing about,,?

i got the original lands register under the french name,, u see,
searching for resource

London, UK

#27 Nov 2, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> Respect there Bob,what many people in the West don't understand is the magnitude of the sacrifice Vietnamese people made for Liberation,i read some of the NLF fighters had spent the best part of thirty years fighting invaders,its the arrogance of Imperialism and Colonialism,the French had a shock at Dien Bien Phu,one woud have thought the US would have learned that lesson of History,you were lucky to have survived Pol Pots people,the Vietnamese never had credit in the West for Liberating Cambodia,as for Vietnam/China,i would love to see those two Countries be Partners not fighting.

u see.
them GNU,,it can communicated it language,,
they claimed DIEN BIEN PHU victory.

then they gone to the West to occupied as a illegally to leaning a skill of NAILS TECHNICIANS and waxing people private part hairs,.

That is what the grandson in-heritage from vietcong grandad.

from DIEN BIEN PHU,, hi,hi,hi,

as long as the hairs,,and the nails keep grower,,

then those grand children of vietcong Dien Bien Phu VICTORY CLAIMED ,,WILL NOT LOOSING THEY JOB AS A HAIRS WAX,,

HI,HI,HI, BACKY DI NHO LONG L,,de kiem an,,sucking toes,,until they grower old,
Oliver Cromwell

Poulton, UK

#28 Nov 3, 2013
searching for resource wrote:
<quoted text>.
u see.
them GNU,,it can communicated it language,,
they claimed DIEN BIEN PHU victory.
then they gone to the West to occupied as a illegally to leaning a skill of NAILS TECHNICIANS and waxing people private part hairs,.
That is what the grandson in-heritage from vietcong grandad.
from DIEN BIEN PHU,, hi,hi,hi,
as long as the hairs,,and the nails keep grower,,
then those grand children of vietcong Dien Bien Phu VICTORY CLAIMED ,,WILL NOT LOOSING THEY JOB AS A HAIRS WAX,,
HI,HI,HI, BACKY DI NHO LONG L,,de kiem an,,sucking toes,,until they grower old,
Those hair wax and nail people are the Sons and Grandsons of you collaborators who ran away from the Liberation not the sons of the NLF and NVA.
searching for resource

London, UK

#29 Nov 3, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>Those hair wax and nail people are the Sons and Grandsons of you collaborators who ran away from the Liberation not the sons of the NLF and NVA.

or i am sorry i might not wrong to suggesting that you were once of those people were living illegally and making a living in this business am i ?

if an ENGLISH man,,he wouldn't this,, only backy 2 faces after the Western man merits has a fully knowledge like you are,

give me a break would you GIAP nephew..?
Oliver Cromwell

Poulton, UK

#30 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>.
or i am sorry i might not wrong to suggesting that you were once of those people were living illegally and making a living in this business am i ?
if an ENGLISH man,,he wouldn't this,, only backy 2 faces after the Western man merits has a fully knowledge like you are,
give me a break would you GIAP nephew..?
I have much knowledge of many events in the World,i am not just interested in what goes on in my Country,i have been interested in the Vietnamese History for many years,i am also interested in middle east History,if I was Giaps Nephew I would be very proud,i know about Vietnam because I have read books for many years.
searching for resource

London, UK

#31 Nov 3, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> I have much knowledge of many events in the World,i am not just interested in what goes on in my Country,i have been interested in the Vietnamese History for many years,i am also interested in middle east History,if I was Giaps Nephew I would be very proud,i know about Vietnam because I have read books for many years.

give me a break will you backy ?

you might known the Far-east and vietnam wars histories,,

but you won't known them Giap and Hochiminh nephew doing the Nails job,in uk would you ?

what is the name of the books you has rendered regarding your vietcong uncle Giap victory against french man and the name of Authors?.

backy liar,,

Oliver Cromwell

Poulton, UK

#32 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>.
give me a break will you backy ?
you might known the Far-east and vietnam wars histories,,
but you won't known them Giap and Hochiminh nephew doing the Nails job,in uk would you ?
what is the name of the books you has rendered regarding your vietcong uncle Giap victory against french man and the name of Authors?.
backy liar,,
Victory at any cost Cesil B currey
Ho we won the War,General Giap.
Vietnam the ten thousand day War Michael McClear
Now you give me a break Clown.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#33 Nov 5, 2013
trash American government lost that war after committing 58,000+ Americans to their do nothing war, then withdrew troops and stopped sending money. No mon, no war. need ammo for guns, not throw rocks at communist trash. communist all trash no matter in DC, Ha Noi, or wherever. The US CONGRESS handed the innocent south Vietnamese over to the communist butchers but you communist liars will call me all sorts of derogatory names for telling truth but I don't give a rat rear what you communist liars say about me.
DC trash handed southvietnamese rear end to the communist butchers. There are only two kind of good communists, dead one and one never existed.
nguyen ai quoc and vo nguyen giap, both demons out of hell.
Communist filth in Viet Nam still sending people to extermination camps.
bk 2 faces

London, UK

#34 Nov 5, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>

well.well.wel.this book it never ever mentioning a bout viet cong backy doing a Nails job,,and waxing people sensitives hairs at all, where were you found it from,,?

if you telling me the truth,, then tell me some more A BOUT

Guerrilla society,
on the first of 01,November 1968,,tell me some more on this page,,

and give some more about the ASSASSINATION what happened on the 21 August 1963?

even so ,,i still knew that you are a viet cong backy.

i keep your break,,
bk 2 faces

London, UK

#35 Nov 5, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>

how long will it take for you to answer my request you to proof that you had reader the TEN THOUSAND DAY WARS BOOK.?
Oliver Cromwell

Poulton, UK

#36 Nov 5, 2013
bk 2 faces wrote:
<quoted text>.
how long will it take for you to answer my request you to proof that you had reader the TEN THOUSAND DAY WARS BOOK.?
What question?
bk 2 faces

London, UK

#37 Nov 5, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> What question?

THE QUESTION OF THE BOOK YOU HAD READER 10.000 DAYS WAR.

THE QUESTION WAS,,

the Guerrilla Society,TELL ME SOME MORE what has happened on the 1st,November 1968.?

and tell me more.
on the ASSASSINATION,WHO WERE MEETING AT THE HEAD QUARTER,,ON 21 August 1963.?

If you were truly reader ed the book then you must known the content of it,,

in the mean time i still kept your break until i receiving your answers,
Oliver Cromwell

Poulton, UK

#38 Nov 5, 2013
bk 2 faces wrote:
<quoted text>.
THE QUESTION OF THE BOOK YOU HAD READER 10.000 DAYS WAR.
THE QUESTION WAS,,
the Guerrilla Society,TELL ME SOME MORE what has happened on the 1st,November 1968.?
and tell me more.
on the ASSASSINATION,WHO WERE MEETING AT THE HEAD QUARTER,,ON 21 August 1963.?
If you were truly reader ed the book then you must known the content of it,,
in the mean time i still kept your break until i receiving your answers,
The answer you are getting clown is that many things happened in 68,including TET the battle in Hue etc,its a long time since I read the book,i am not a bloody Historian,the fact is you were on the wrong side now you have to live with it.
bk 2 faces

London, UK

#39 Nov 5, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>The answer you are getting clown is that many things happened in 68,including TET the battle in Hue etc,its a long time since I read the book,i am not a bloody Historian,the fact is you were on the wrong side now you have to live with it.

hed bk,,
if you are telling the truth about what on your post above,, then you must known the book,,

The Assassination was.

on the 21 August 1963, their difference over the distant wars brought tension to the conference room.

The Guerrilla Society,
on the 1st of november 1968,the vn war a cross north vietnam became a strangely.

if you had reader ed the book then you should known,,but you don't,, that is another bk liar,

well,
i was a south vietnamese military,,i had very right to shoot at bk to defended for my south vietnamese people,,

they loved freedom,,and Democracy policy,but we counting that more then 2 million bombs has dropped on HANOI CITY,,AT VINH LINH and cost 70.000 people disappeared,

we then reconsider,to stop,,and withdrawn from the wars,,
i am believe that what we did for our south vn was very right,,

to proof that we were right are,,.

more bk people like you,, your self followed us,,because you can't living with vietcong bk communist that is why so many,,many,,too many bk followed us every where..

am i right ha bk liar ?

bk2 faces

London, UK

#40 Nov 5, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>The answer you are getting clown is that many things happened in 68,including TET the battle in Hue etc,its a long time since I read the book,i am not a bloody Historian,the fact is you were on the wrong side now you have to live with it.

your answers doesn't form any thing regarding the page of the book you had reader ed and i am asking you to give me some more,,

to proof that you are truly not a bk doing a nails job illegally in UK, AND hairs waxing job,,

YOU CAN SEARCHING FOR THE INFORMATION AND TELLING LIAR ABOUT,.

THAT WAS A PRECISELY OF YOUR BK PEOPLE, I AM A SOUTH VIETNAMESE

MILITARY SERVICE, i don't denial ,, why did you denial that you wasn't bk ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powhatan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
threesome 1 hr Laura 1
effects of prolonged psychological harassment (Jan '11) May 29 RMB 29
Get Out of Iraq, et al May 29 Angry Citizen 1
Meeting new People for sex May 28 RVA123123 2
Review: The Boneyard Butcher And Seafood Shops Inc May 26 Happy customer 2
Richmond Job, decent pay, no drug test (Jun '10) May 22 American 60
Commonwealth Attorney Jan '15 Belona Ben 1
More from around the web

Powhatan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE