Little bennie and his juvenile liberal friends are the type of folks that would spell that well. They are all children of Obama.
Hey peckerneck....President Obamas children are highly gifted. How bout your Amerasian offspring. They're probably 2 points above the inteeligence of a Vietnam pot belly pig....oh excuse me, did i insult your Viet Cong wife. Go somewhere and sit down.....you yellow belly commie Putin lover.
Having raised children in the 80s and been intimately acquainted with the schools they went to, I agree. There IS a "dumming" down of America.
It is really heartrending to witness. You take precious little children, and in caring parent's eyes, their pride and joys; and you TRUST that the educational establishment is going to do its job.
Regrettably, it doesn't. PARENTS have to take the reins. I'm not sure how it is now because I'm no longer as intimately acquainted with the system. All I can vouch for now is the condition of the COLLEGE system, but I digress.
Having kept track of the system for these many years, I have MUCH to say on the subject.
But I can say this. If we don't STOP this madness from the early grades to college, we will end up with yet another LOST generation.
When our children were in school, we took the liberty of going to the public library and looked up the state learning objectives for each grade as our children progressed. They sounded reasonable. But just because the standards are THERE does not mean they are being met. They were not spending the appropriate amount of time in arithmetic or math class. A science book was no where to be found. Whole language was in use and the subjects were being integrated which made it harder to measure actual progress. They did spend a lot of time though on self esteem, "group" learning, and multiculturalism. Having been to one of the local schools to vote and seeing all the nations' flags hanging from the auditorium ceiling, I'd say they're still involved heavily with the "world school" idea.
Fast forward to college age. When our sons first went to college I began hearing things from people working at the colleges bemoaning the fact that the high school grads were having to take remedial classes before they could even consider college level work. I have stories to tell that probably would bore most people about this. Or make them angry for having to pay so much money for nothing.
Many of these college graduates cannot find work now and in some cases have massive college debt. And for what, so our government can invite foreigners from more excellent universities than OURs , to take the place that OUR college grads should have been able to take.
For some odd reason, the only solutions to such a problem that people can seem to come up with is : the schools just need more money and more government regulation. Well the regulation is there already. And the schools are MONEY PITS. And do you know where the money is going? I witness one university at least--more apartments, more structures and technical equipment AND more pay for the sport's coaches. Forget the profs. They are more concerned with putting themselves on the map than they are maintaining high educational standards. P.C. is rampant too. For example, can you imagine an engineering prof focusing on global warming instead of engineering?? And it's not because they equipment and building is not there. When women's studies and other social issues become more important than raw academics, it's no WONDER that our corporations and government wants foreigners educated in excellent universities to make the country run. Ours can't.
1. First, an understanding between the parents, students and school that the students have to DISCIPLINE themselves to be ready to learn. You can't buy this; it has to be trained into them. You can't have children running around the classroom talking to each other, texting, laughing or any other thing that is not useful to the task at hand. Without discipline, there is no proper learning. So it is no wonder for awhile that 'homework' was 65% of the grade. Discipline means you are not there to play. You are there to FIND OUT about something you need to know and retain it because you need it.
2. Teachers need to be given more free rein. It is my belief that teachers should not be in the classroom to confer their personal beliefs be they religious or political on the students. Aside from that, they need to be given the reins for the profession they were TRAINED for. If they need for example some sort of audio visual for their students, provided the cost is reasonable, the SCHOOL should purchase them for the teachers. The teachers do not get paid enough to pay for their own professional equipment. They should be allowed to determine if a student passes or fails a test based on correct answers given without cheating.
3. Curiosity and enthusiasm should be encouraged. Questions should be encouraged so long as they apply to the task at hand. Students should be encouraged as much as possible and NEVER ridiculed.
4. Make it real. From mathematics to English or whatever the language, make it useful, applicable, to things familiar to the students not merely abstract concepts to be grasped. Math can be daunting, but once a person understands that symbols actually mean something and that they can be used interchangeably to solve a problem; it helps. Hands on science will be remembered FAR more than just explaining the concepts. History can be as exciting as Facebook.
5. Allow natural self esteem to follow accomplishment; none of this you get a certificate for trying. There ARE correct answers for things. We do them a GREAT disservice when we allow them to get away with the WRONG answer. In some cases in the future, that RIGHT answer could mean their or someone else's life. NEVER pass a child on when they fail. You do GREAT wrong when you pass a failing along.
6. Go back to true knowledge. Forget things that are politically expedient. If you are teaching engineering, DO IT properly as if that student of yours was going to work for NASA.
7. Do not make a student take a social issue course just because YOU think they should. They are PAYING ADULTS, allow THEM to make the decision; not you. Just a start..
Ya Truths...AGREE...How can Graduate College students EVEN afford to pay pack their Student Loans..IF Obama Care is FORCED upon them..They are working Part-Time as it has..maybe Two jobs at that... REALLY??
And THAT as they say is the "tip" of the proverbial iceberg. You are screwed no matter how you look at it and our politicians are LAUGHING.
Tell me when this thread is updated:(Registration is not required)