Stabbing Could be Tied to Shooting an...

Stabbing Could be Tied to Shooting and Standoff in Powhatan - wtvr

There are 21 comments on the WTVR story from May 13, 2010, titled Stabbing Could be Tied to Shooting and Standoff in Powhatan - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

A shooting and stabbing could be tied to a standoff in Powhatan County. CBS 6 has learned a man was stabbed and a friend decided to drive the victim to the hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sydney

United States

#1 May 13, 2010
this is horrible. What is powhatan coming to?? we used to be a quiet little county, now many people are getting to know us... in a very bad way
Fred

United States

#2 May 13, 2010
Always call 911 first! PERIOD!!!
ronnay champion

Washington, DC

#3 May 13, 2010
rest in peace cousin rahad i love you and may u rest in peace...
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#4 May 13, 2010
Do we have to train tweens how to call 9-11 in case of an emergency? C'mon, common sense can not be taught in a street brawl already in progress.
AuntieTubbs10

AOL

#5 May 13, 2010
I just dont know what the world is coming to... The summer have not started and already everytime you turn around someone is dying.... Powhatan being the small county it is, it seems like things are always happening there. First it was Tyleke now Rashrad I dont know him but my prayers goes out to his family and friends....
kn66v0

Mobile, AL

#6 May 13, 2010
If the victims were coming from the crime scene then there was probably no way to call 911. The post office was a logical place to go. They know what to do in an emergency. Very sad that young folks think the only way to solve their problems is through violence.
alligator

Mobile, AL

#7 May 13, 2010
Probably no relation, just a coinsidence.
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#8 May 13, 2010
kn66v0 wrote:
If the victims were coming from the crime scene then there was probably no way to call 911. The post office was a logical place to go. They know what to do in an emergency. Very sad that young folks think the only way to solve their problems is through violence.
Too many of our males have "thug" mentality and its a learned behavior not taught in the home. IF you don't introduce them to Jesus early on then the devil will be the mentor. Yes i know the Bible thumper here, but God never fails.
kaykee

Mechanicsville, VA

#9 May 13, 2010
not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many of our males have "thug" mentality and its a learned behavior not taught in the home. IF you don't introduce them to Jesus early on then the devil will be the mentor. Yes i know the Bible thumper here, but God never fails.
i'm sorry but i disagree. i was close friends with Rashad and the other injured. they were both smart boys! he did the think that anyone who had a dear friend injured with them and was try to get to the hospital, after calling 911 and waiting for an ambulance would take longer then trying to get to the hospital yourself. knowing that Rashad was loosing his life sooner then believed he went to the post office for help. he did the logical thing anyone would have done.
Bailey

Front Royal, VA

#10 May 14, 2010
"Kaykee", driving to a post office with a mortally wounded friend instead of dialing "911" is NOT "logical". Depending on what may have been going on at that house (reference to "high traffic"), it can only be considered "understandable" of the driver's mindset.
John

Nashville, TN

#11 May 14, 2010
I live in Powhatan. My brother-n-law had a heart attack a couple years back. And it took 3 hours to get an ambulance to his house. And that one came from Midlothian.
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#12 May 14, 2010
kaykee wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm sorry but i disagree. i was close friends with Rashad and the other injured. they were both smart boys! he did the think that anyone who had a dear friend injured with them and was try to get to the hospital, after calling 911 and waiting for an ambulance would take longer then trying to get to the hospital yourself. knowing that Rashad was loosing his life sooner then believed he went to the post office for help. he did the logical thing anyone would have done.
WEre the good boys church going boys? How do you engage in a street battle if you are so good?
tellinitlikeitis

Ashland, VA

#13 May 14, 2010
You people are ridiculous. Someone is dead and you're pointing fingers at the person who tried to save him?! I'm sure he had a thousand things going thru his head. He wanted to do anything to help. No matter what did happen, he tried to save his friends life. Like John said, you never know how long an ambulance would take. It's not like it's a city with the hospital within ten minutes. Don't you dare say what could have been done better. It's over. You have no idea what the circumstances were. They could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. And as for you, Bailey, you should be ashamed of yourself for mentioning the "high traffic." And you, notateahead. If you are such a great "church-going boy" as you put it, why the heck are you judging them when you don't even know what happened. Why don't you keep the victims' families and friends' in your prayers and supporting your community instead of bad-mouthing someone who just got murdered and can't defend himself.
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#14 May 14, 2010
Theres no need to attack me, just trying to ascertain whether the young man was "saved" or not.
Heaven is a place for a prepared people. Let the warning to the unwise be shouted from the rooftops.
starzthyme

Powhatan, VA

#15 May 15, 2010
this happened 2 days ago and it's already moved to the back of the news. What does that say about whats important.
hurting and concerned

Church Hill, VA

#16 May 15, 2010
All this specualtion about motives and finger pointing at the victims needs to stop, a mother has lost her only child and a baby has lost her father. What this family needs is time to grieve and try to absorb the tremendous loss they have endured. All these so called "christians" wondering about whether Rashad was saved I can say he was raised in the church and it is not our place to judge anyone else's relationship with GOD I pray for comfort for his family and friends and understanding from inconsiderate people who will post hurtful comments on here for his mother and other family to see.
classmate of rashad

Powhatan, VA

#17 May 16, 2010
TeaBagger.....what the hell does it matter if he/anyone is "saved or not".....i believe everyones lives are worth the same :/
tellinitlikeitis

Richmond, VA

#18 May 30, 2010
I understand that you are concerned about whether he was 'saved or not.' But why is that any of your business? You can't force someone to have the same beliefs as you. And posting things like that for all of the victim's family and friends to see.. does that really make you feel better about yourself? They are going thru a tough enough time without you or others who know nothing about their life butting in with your two cents. Not trying to attack you, but you need to look at it from their point of view. There's no need for name-calling or pointing fingers. I'm praying for all the family and friends of Rashad. You all are so strong and can make it thru this!
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#19 May 30, 2010
classmate of rashad wrote:
TeaBagger.....what the hell does it matter if he/anyone is "saved or not".....i believe everyones lives are worth the same :/
It has everthing to do with someones eternal destination, in the simplest terms, all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior in their heart they will enter Gods Rest. To those who never confessed Jesus the Christ as Savior will inherit eternal damnation. Heaven is a prepared place for a prepared people.
By all accounts keep your Spiritual House in Order. To learn more go to a Church Bible Study Class.
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#20 May 30, 2010
tellinitlikeitis wrote:
I understand that you are concerned about whether he was 'saved or not.' But why is that any of your business? You can't force someone to have the same beliefs as you. And posting things like that for all of the victim's family and friends to see.. does that really make you feel better about yourself? They are going thru a tough enough time without you or others who know nothing about their life butting in with your two cents. Not trying to attack you, but you need to look at it from their point of view. There's no need for name-calling or pointing fingers. I'm praying for all the family and friends of Rashad. You all are so strong and can make it thru this!
If his family understands Gods salvation plan, then they understood what i said. Its always my business to extend a message to Gods wayward children, like it or not. SOme will believe some will not, hate the messenger if you need to, but don't reject the message.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powhatan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatever happened to Sharon Wood? (Oct '09) 13 hr Concerned 2
Democrats are liars 22 hr so you know 7
Vote Trump for President Thu Donald 2
Terry McAuliffe to leave the Democratic Party Thu wanda 2
No Clue Thu Dude 1
A no vote Jul 25 turd detector 2
Klinton and Koone Jul 24 Mike Jersey 2

Powhatan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powhatan Mortgages