Why Richmond, Why?!?

There are 2 comments on the Richmond.com story from May 9, 2010, titled Why Richmond, Why?!?. In it, Richmond.com reports that:

Some people say the name of one of our highways as "Po White" as it seems to be spelled that way but I always that it should be pronounced as "Pow Hite" since it sounds similar to Powhatan .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond.com.

Richmond Biz

Richmond, VA

#1 May 10, 2010
Its Po white. The native americans wanted to pay the white man back for killing them and robbing them of their 12 and 14 year old children for the sake of sex with Captain John Smith. Its Po white as in Po white trash or poor white trash if you are a proper Richmonder

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

#2 May 10, 2010
Richmond Biz wrote:
Its Po white. The native americans wanted to pay the white man back for killing them and robbing them of their 12 and 14 year old children for the sake of sex with Captain John Smith. Its Po white as in Po white trash or poor white trash if you are a proper Richmonder
It is Pow-Hite when correctly pronounced. Leave it to a Richmond idiot to not know how to properly pronounce it.

That's why it is "South of the James BY INVITATION ONLY"!

You are NOT invited!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powhatan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Goochland Animal Rescuer Charged with Animal Cr... (Apr '13) 6 hr The Sock 5
Betty Ann Wood (Dec '13) 7 hr Central Scrutinizer 2
Review: R L Shifflett Tree & Landscaping (Feb '14) 9 hr unknown 2
Review: Deer Run Animal Medical Center (Sep '13) May 1 Mason 7
Commonwealth Attorney Jan '15 Belona Ben 1
County line kennel reviews. (Mar '14) Mar '14 Furs Flying 2
Review: Butler Kennel Inc (Apr '10) Feb '14 Concerned buyer 8
More from around the web

Powhatan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]