Powhatan Fire: Fire Burns Trailer Out...

Powhatan Fire: Fire Burns Trailer Outside Powhatan Middle School - wtvr

There are 13 comments on the WTVR story from Oct 25, 2010, titled Powhatan Fire: Fire Burns Trailer Outside Powhatan Middle School - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Fire burned a trailer outside Pocahontas Middle School in Powhatan. Fire investigators on scene tell CBS 6 it appears the cause of the fire was electrical in nature, but the fire remains under investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

Penne

Kutztown, PA

#1 Oct 25, 2010
Parents were not informed of the issue. My Granddaughter came home with none of her personal items. Told not to look back and came home late with an unexplained reason
ajcl

Chesterfield, VA

#2 Oct 25, 2010
Is Powhatan having issues with fires on school property due to electrical problems...2nd fire in what 3 months?
lynn

Roxboro, NC

#3 Oct 25, 2010
ajcl wrote:
Is Powhatan having issues with fires on school property due to electrical problems...2nd fire in what 3 months?
Last fire was not a building, but instead a semi trailer and was not electrical in nature. Happened 9/26/2010
lynn

Roxboro, NC

#4 Oct 25, 2010
Penne wrote:
Parents were not informed of the issue. My Granddaughter came home with none of her personal items. Told not to look back and came home late with an unexplained reason
It happened near the end of the school day so at that point probably better just to send them all home as they were still dealing with the fire and watching the kids. No time to get a paper in each kids hands as the were outside the building as a precaution and the copiers are inside. Phones and phone numbers are inside at the point as well.
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#5 Oct 25, 2010
this is something to be investigated before another fire.
jack

Maidens, VA

#6 Oct 25, 2010
dont come up on here and talk bad about us and our schools. we have great schools and great sports teams and bands/ensambles. these fires were not able to be prevented. if they were we obviously would of prevented them. and dont forget.. before you click the "post comment" button think about what you say
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#7 Oct 25, 2010
jack wrote:
dont come up on here and talk bad about us and our schools. we have great schools and great sports teams and bands/ensambles. these fires were not able to be prevented. if they were we obviously would of prevented them. and dont forget.. before you click the "post comment" button think about what you say
who are U? the boondock resident hoot-owl.
Concerned mom from Ptown

Powhatan, VA

#8 Oct 25, 2010
I was at the school picking up my child during this fire and I was very impressed with the way all of the children were being kept safe and calm. The flames and smoke were shooting high in the air and it was impossible to tell from the kids' viewpoint whether or not the fire was in the actual school. There was no hysteria and complete control. Of course the kids were NOT allowed back into the school as it was after 3:00 when they were put on the buses. My child was thrilled to have a homework free night and the adults were thrilled that no one was injured! Kudos to Dr Prince and all of the staff!
ptown dad

Richmond, VA

#9 Oct 25, 2010
well said concerned mom.
was handled well. Kids safe (although no homework :)) and all was OK.
These things happen. Not sure where people come off taking everyting as a jab against P'tan school.?
at fire

Powhatan, VA

#10 Oct 26, 2010
i was at the fire we were calm at first of course we didnt want to go to school tomorrow but about half way thru we relized our ipods and cell phones were in our backpacks and how close our backpacks were to the fire and then the bugs attacked
paulas mom

Richmond, VA

#11 Oct 26, 2010
Come on people...Get a freakin grip. Stuff happens. Really...so their backpacks were left behind, would you have preferred they let them back in for their stuff only to have something happen. My child said everything was fine. As for coming home late, mine was right on time.
Miss Powhatan 2008

Richmond, VA

#12 Oct 26, 2010
i went to powhatan schools my whole life and now my nieces do as well. people who come here and put down our school systems must not know what southern class is! the Kids were fine the fire was put out nothing could have prevented this things happen and as far as the 3rd fire... i have not heard of another fire in over a year so thats that. i am just thankful that my nieces are okay and that they could return today to contine their education. GO INDIANS!!!!!
Casey

Hopewell, VA

#13 Oct 26, 2010
omg it told me on the news that no one was inside!!! liars

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powhatan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New community center working to keep Richmond i... 8 min 55GallonDrum 2
rhonda langfitt Oct '17 daphne 1
Bluegrass Music at The County Seat Restaurant -... (Jul '16) Jul '16 mmelvin 1
Debate: Marijuana - Powhatan, VA (Aug '10) Apr '16 jeanette farrar l... 3
News Powhatan murder defendant says Taliaferro shoot... (Mar '09) Apr '16 jeanette farrar l... 5
Commonwealth Attorney (Jan '15) Jan '15 Belona Ben 1
County line kennel reviews. (Mar '14) Mar '14 Furs Flying 2

Powhatan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powhatan Mortgages