VA Abortion Clinic Regulations Get Final Approval

The Virginia Board of Health has given final approval to strict new regulations that abortion-rights supporters claim would force most of Virginia's 20 abortion clinics to close. Full Story
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#248 Apr 22, 2013
gforce wrote:
<quoted text> You're the troll hateful pos
Whatever happened to nobody has the right to judge but God? Good job, not only do you look stupid, but appear to be hypocrite as well.
gforce

Mint Spring, VA

#249 Apr 22, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever happened to nobody has the right to judge but God? Good job, not only do you look stupid, but appear to be hypocrite as well.
yawn i wasn't judging you you proved you were teabagger
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#250 Apr 22, 2013
gforce wrote:
<quoted text>
yawn i wasn't judging you you proved you were teabagger
sure thing, random
gforce

Mint Spring, VA

#251 Apr 22, 2013
Do you wear a polyester blend? do you have one wife? Does your wife work? Do you eat any meat but fish and beef? If so then you have no right to call someone a hypocrite.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#252 Apr 22, 2013
gforce wrote:
Do you wear a polyester blend? do you have one wife? Does your wife work? Do you eat any meat but fish and beef? If so then you have no right to call someone a hypocrite.
You're trying too hard.
gforce

Mint Spring, VA

#253 Apr 22, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying too hard.

You're stupid
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#254 Apr 22, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>Then shouldn't a conservative respect the individual's freedom to choose abortion?
Personally, I do, up to a point. After the 2nd trimester, it should be illegal, and a major crime at the onset of birth. Accidents happen, rape, etc. but after three months, you have No excuse to just now figuring out you don't want it. I believe most conservatives think like that, but you do find the extremes on both sides of the dispute.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#255 Apr 23, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, I do, up to a point. After the 2nd trimester, it should be illegal, and a major crime at the onset of birth. Accidents happen, rape, etc. but after three months, you have No excuse to just now figuring out you don't want it. I believe most conservatives think like that, but you do find the extremes on both sides of the dispute.
Then you uphold RvW?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#257 Apr 23, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you uphold RvW?
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
Please don't confuse this issue with the obvious.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#258 Apr 23, 2013
Yes, I do. It is the law. I may not like it, but there are a lot of things I don't like that I have to accept. I believe "Thou shalt not kill", but I went to war and have killed. It is not a perfect world, I can not change that. In a perfect world, children would be born perfect, to perfect parents. Marriages would last for life. Governments would be honest and do right by its people. NO ONE WOULD HATE. All I can do is the best I can to my family, neighbors, city, state, and country. I try to be honest, kind, and considerate(I'm not always successful at considerate). I'm human. All I ask is that everyone else try too.--- GOD BLESS.

Minneapolis

#259 Apr 24, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
Yes, I do. It is the law. I may not like it, but there are a lot of things I don't like that I have to accept. I believe "Thou shalt not kill", but I went to war and have killed. It is not a perfect world, I can not change that. In a perfect world, children would be born perfect, to perfect parents. Marriages would last for life. Governments would be honest and do right by its people. NO ONE WOULD HATE. All I can do is the best I can to my family, neighbors, city, state, and country. I try to be honest, kind, and considerate(I'm not always successful at considerate). I'm human. All I ask is that everyone else try too.--- GOD BLESS.
You may not like it?
And why not exactly?
Women deciding their best interests disturbs you?

There are many things I don't like also. One of the main things is male based religion that demotes women to second class status and society follows suit. I don't have to accept it...and I don't, I dismiss it and rally against it every chance I get. Religion will come to terms with woman having equal say in the world and their best interests addressed. No more of the "men" in charge BS. Women are human too and have much to contribute beyond the role of subservient. I hope you understand.
jack johnson

Charlottesville, VA

#260 May 2, 2013
this appears to be a fake marine making these posts, therefore you must repent and drink orange juice until you vomit. thanks for reading, Charlottesville League of Artists
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#261 May 2, 2013
M-9, there are many things (laws) I don't like. Remember the 55MPH speed limit? I thought it sucked, but I had to try to obey it, because it was law. I don't care for helmet and seat belt laws, but they are laws. As far as subservient women, I have always felt that men and women were equal, should get the same pay for the same work etc. But, I can't stand anyone who throws crap in my face about disrespect. Hell, I even open doors for anyone, but was cussed out by a woman for doing it for her. So I slammed the damn thing in her face.

Minneapolis

#262 May 3, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
M-9, there are many things (laws) I don't like. Remember the 55MPH speed limit? I thought it sucked, but I had to try to obey it, because it was law. I don't care for helmet and seat belt laws, but they are laws. As far as subservient women, I have always felt that men and women were equal, should get the same pay for the same work etc. But, I can't stand anyone who throws crap in my face about disrespect. Hell, I even open doors for anyone, but was cussed out by a woman for doing it for her. So I slammed the damn thing in her face.
I know how you feel. Men yelling that women should gestate against their will has the same effect on me, if there was a door handy I would slam it in their face. I am sure you understand.
Ocean56

AOL

#263 May 3, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
I know how you feel. Men yelling that women should gestate against their will has the same effect on me, if there was a door handy I would slam it in their face. I am sure you understand.
lol I doubt any regressive guy who favors subservient women would understand. The way these guys see it, they're "allowed" to slam a door in a woman's face, but women aren't.

I guess it never occurs to some of these guys that women can make our own decisions and open our own doors. Too bad for them, huh?:)
Ocean56

AOL

#264 May 3, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
M-9, there are many things (laws) I don't like. Remember the 55MPH speed limit? I thought it sucked, but I had to try to obey it, because it was law. I don't care for helmet and seat belt laws, but they are laws.
Great; then you should have NO problem with women making our own decisions regarding sex and reproduction without a man's approval. In the U.S., a woman isn't breaking any law by terminating an unwanted pregnancy.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#265 May 3, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I DO understand. And if you didn't slam one in their face, I'd be ashamed of you.---And for O-56, the woman needn't explain to an man, unless the are married. My reasoning for that is that when they took the oath of marriage, they agreed to a partnership and should try to agree on ALL major decisions.
Ocean56

AOL

#266 May 4, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
And for O-56, the woman needn't explain to an man, unless the are married. My reasoning for that is that when they took the oath of marriage, they agreed to a partnership and should try to agree on ALL major decisions.
The laws probably vary from one state to another, but I have a feeling that even when married, a husband can't FORCE his wife to gestate a pregnancy any more than he can force her to abort one.
Married or not, it is still the WOMAN's decision, since she is the person taking ALL the health risks of carrying a pregnancy to term.

Of course, it is a much better idea for couples considering marriage to make sure they are agreed on having kids or not. If one partner wants children and the other partner definitely does NOT want them, they're better off NOT getting married to each other.

Minneapolis

#267 May 4, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I doubt any regressive guy who favors subservient women would understand. The way these guys see it, they're "allowed" to slam a door in a woman's face, but women aren't.
I guess it never occurs to some of these guys that women can make our own decisions and open our own doors. Too bad for them, huh?:)
I don't have a problem when a man or woman opens a door for me. I open doors for both and always get a courteous "thank you". I do it out of politeness and allow whomever to go before me if I am first at the door.

If guys who open the door for you "think" you should go first, why don't they practice the same in business affairs? Some guys I guess consider women to weak to open a door and then practice the same in business affairs!:O)

It gets complicated!!

Minneapolis

#268 May 4, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I DO understand. And if you didn't slam one in their face, I'd be ashamed of you.---And for O-56, the woman needn't explain to an man, unless the are married. My reasoning for that is that when they took the oath of marriage, they agreed to a partnership and should try to agree on ALL major decisions.
I agree with an "equal" partnership. Not the old concept of the "man" is the king of his castle and all others are subordinate including the Queen.

Agree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powhatan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 14 hr WelbyMD 11,828
Unsung African American Hero Historical Society Mon HSsjDourahthy 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
Review: Richard S. Vacca, D.D.S. Sep 10 Vaccamidlothianva 1
Citizens of 7th Congressional District NOW HAVE... Sep 9 WeThePeople 1
Ex-Virginia Gov. McDonnell, Wife Charged With C... (Jan '14) Sep 7 VN Vet 14
MCDONNELLS subject to trans JAIL probing Sep 6 Cold Justic Probe 1
•••
•••
Powhatan Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Powhatan Jobs

•••