VA Abortion Clinic Regulations Get Final Approval

The Virginia Board of Health has given final approval to strict new regulations that abortion-rights supporters claim would force most of Virginia's 20 abortion clinics to close. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Bummer

Cleveland, OH

#1 Apr 12, 2013
Congrats to Ken Cuccinelli and that's about it. Every once in a while we're reminded how far we haven't come as a society. Unfortunate outcome today.
Huh

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Apr 12, 2013
If this was really about protecting a woman's health this would have been done a long time ago. Everyone knows exactly why this was done.
concerned

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 12, 2013
I would like to see all of these murder clinics closed down.
Cville

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Apr 12, 2013
They are not murder clinics. What if you or a member of your family got RAPED and it ended up that they got pregnant as a result wouldn't you want the choice to do what was best for you? Some of these people get raped and then the anger is taken out on the baby. I would rather not bring a baby into this world as it is today and have the baby being mistreated i would rather have an abortion than be angry of the situation. JUST SAYING!
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Apr 12, 2013
Weird, people get all hot and bothered about a womens issue and look the other way when it comes to child abuse and neglect. Christians got their priorities messed up big time, but what else is new.

Since: Oct 12

Buckingham, VA

#6 Apr 12, 2013
Reproductive Rights for the Unborn Now!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Apr 12, 2013
conservative white guys passing laws
what could go wrong?
Quasi

Waynesboro, VA

#8 Apr 12, 2013
huck wrote:
conservative white guys passing laws
what could go wrong?
liberal white guys passing laws
what could go wrong?
The Truth

Sykesville, MD

#9 Apr 12, 2013
Cville wrote:
They are not murder clinics. What if you or a member of your family got RAPED and it ended up that they got pregnant as a result wouldn't you want the choice to do what was best for you? Some of these people get raped and then the anger is taken out on the baby. I would rather not bring a baby into this world as it is today and have the baby being mistreated i would rather have an abortion than be angry of the situation. JUST SAYING!
The BIG problem with your argument is that less than 1% of the women using abortion clinics have been raped, it is used more as birth control. If a woman gets raped there is a morning after pill that can be taken.

Buckingham, VA

#10 Apr 12, 2013
sez you wrote:
Weird, people get all hot and bothered about a womens issue and look the other way when it comes to child abuse and neglect. Christians got their priorities messed up big time, but what else is new.
Objecting to the systematic extermination of innocent babies is a question of ethics and morality. You shouldn't try to conflate it with religion.

Been following the Kermit Gosnell trial lately? There are some really nice pictures making the rounds...Oh, that's right, there's a total national media blackout on those gruesome crimes. That should really tell you something.

The same leftist azzhats who are trying to exploit the murders of the innocent children of Sandy Hook for political gain are completely silent when it comes to abortion and the hundreds of thousands of children who die because of it every year. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS!! EVERY YEAR!!

"Women's issues", "women's rights", "reproductive rights", "pro-choice", blah blah blah. They are all euphemisms for euthanasia and nothing more. Rationalizations meant to stir deep emotions and suppress logic. That only works for so long...

Eventually the truth will come to light and the holocaust of infant murder will be seen for what it is: an abomination and a crime against humanity!

The pro-abortionists are on the wrong-side of history. Wake up.

real central Va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Apr 12, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The BIG problem with your argument is that less than 1% of the women using abortion clinics have been raped, it is used more as birth control. If a woman gets raped there is a morning after pill that can be taken.
Now don't go pointing out to them the fallacy of their argument...it ruins their day.
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Apr 12, 2013
Ok, so the Great State of Virginia will now raise the kids that the teen/under/unemployed parent/s can't afford to? Any pro-lifers on this forum want to adopt? Thought so.
So the poverty cycle is fueled and continues; welfare, foodstamps, social programs grow etc. etc. This decision will backfire in a big way.
Sadly, ultimate who suffers the most are the children raised in this environment.

huck

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Apr 12, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"How Does Plan BŪ Work?
Plan BŪ(levonorgestrel) may prevent pregnancy by temporarily stopping the release of an egg from a woman's ovary, or it may prevent fertilization. It may also prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus. "

http://www.morningafterpill.org/how-does-it-w...

plan B could be considered 'abortion' since can still effective on a fertilized egg

heck, even the tho
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Apr 12, 2013
ught, not tonite baby, is preventing life
cut

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Apr 12, 2013
I fully support the abortion of all democrats.
The Truth

Sykesville, MD

#17 Apr 12, 2013
cut wrote:
I fully support the abortion of all democrats.
So do I at ANY age.
The Truth

Sykesville, MD

#18 Apr 12, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
"How Does Plan BŪ Work?
Plan BŪ(levonorgestrel) may prevent pregnancy by temporarily stopping the release of an egg from a woman's ovary, or it may prevent fertilization. It may also prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus. "
http://www.morningafterpill.org/how-does-it-w...
plan B could be considered 'abortion' since can still effective on a fertilized egg
heck, even the tho
Actually, no, when I order eggs, I do not reference them as children. Ergo, an egg that has not been released into the reproduction cycle is not a human. Your thought process would indicate that an abortion is done everytime a condom is worn.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Apr 12, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no, when I order eggs, I do not reference them as children. Ergo, an egg that has not been released into the reproduction cycle is not a human. Your thought process would indicate that an abortion is done everytime a condom is worn.
so conception is immaterial to you?
central va marine

Moneta, VA

#20 Apr 12, 2013
The pathetic banter by immature males on this site is sickening. Have any of you guys ever been inside a Planned Parenthood office? Do any of you really have any idea as to the activities that take place in these buildings, other then what Rush told you? Did any of you have a female for a mother, sister, aunt, wife? Do any of these women in your life take birth control pills?

Any of them had any ..aww what's the use. You all are going to grow up to be old white men who still want to control females. And just think, you can tell your grandsons; "why son, I voted for Coo-che -coo, and he lost. That was the point in my life when women took over and threw my ED pills in the trash. Life has not been much fun since then."

When the females take over, my hope is that males will have to have an invasive probe, to determine whether they can have an ED prescription.

Help me throw the trash out, support a Democrat.

more to come

Buckingham, VA

#21 Apr 12, 2013
Gnu wrote:
Ok, so the Great State of Virginia will now raise the kids that the teen/under/unemployed parent/s can't afford to? Any pro-lifers on this forum want to adopt? Thought so.
So the poverty cycle is fueled and continues; welfare, foodstamps, social programs grow etc. etc. This decision will backfire in a big way.
Sadly, ultimate who suffers the most are the children raised in this environment.
Ah, to suffer or to die....

Which is better?:
(a) To be born unwanted and in poverty with very few prospects for your future and a horrid family life,
or
(b) To never be born, to be killed and never have a chance.

That is essentially what you are saying, it is better to die and never have a chance than it is to suffer. You might want to rethink that...

Acknowledging a perplexing and vexing cultural problem for what is and not hiding behind banalities and bromides is the first step towards deeper understanding.

Killing babies is never a rational answer to anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powhatan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Latest on Marie Renee Wilson Loan Default 9 hr Richard W Firth 1
Review: Advanced Care Chiropractic and Wellness... (Nov '13) 10 hr Jake 5
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 12 hr WelbyMD 12,371
Bill Rovi, unlicensed & uninsured contractor co... Oct 28 Buddy Mitchell 8
Enough is Enough! Oct 28 Concerned Citizen 3
Gang stalking and psychological harassment in R... Oct 27 slightlyinsane 3
Bricks stolen from historic Rosewell plantation... Oct 26 meh 6
Powhatan Dating
Find my Match

Powhatan People Search