Update on controversial Powhatan Walm...

Update on controversial Powhatan Walmart proposal - wtvr

There are 20 comments on the WTVR story from Oct 13, 2010, titled Update on controversial Powhatan Walmart proposal - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

We should know later tonight if a controversial proposal to build a Walmart in Powhatan has gotten the green light.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

John Smith Powhatan

Richmond, VA

#1 Oct 14, 2010
This deal was put on hold for a year, Who in the county sold us out?
Sir Winston

AOL

#2 Oct 14, 2010
In this horrible economy, a Walmart will be welcomed in Powhatan.
Sir Winston

Petersburg, VA

#3 Oct 14, 2010
Powhatan Supervisors voted 4-1 voted for progress and Walmart!
agdsg

United States

#4 Oct 14, 2010
For anyone that says "This will kill the pharmacy's business" I just have to say... what business?
jan bow

Powhatan, VA

#5 Oct 14, 2010
WALMART will not hurt small businesses in Powhatan Area. We really need to have one big shopping that we currently do not have one. We have to drive up to Mildothian or Chesterfield taht here does not have any items. it would be nice to have Walmart in Powhatan. Also it is closer for Cumberland residents.

PLEASE allow Walmasrt building in Powhatan.
dave

Midlothian, VA

#6 Oct 15, 2010
sorry Powhatan.Soon your county will be over run by fat lazy people on larks.Remember you now need to mark your calender to avoid their free food riots.You can take the "how to handle a walmart course" online now,I think.This will prepare you for the sites and sounds of wally world.Do not attempt to go there until you are prepared,its life changing.
Real Change

Richmond, VA

#7 Oct 15, 2010
Sir Winston wrote:
Powhatan Supervisors voted 4-1 voted for progress and Walmart!
Some people call it progress, I call it "traffic". I hope Powhatan doesn't progress into midlothian. They can keep that place. Soon 60 will be just as pathetic as 360 from Genito to Woodlake. Also, in reference to some elses polite comment- Ummm yeah, don't go to walmart on the 1st of the money. It's freebie day!
MIDLO

Richmond, VA

#8 Oct 15, 2010
Just a matter of time now before Powhatan has a Town Center like Chesterfield. The trash took over cloverleaf and it closed they are working on doing that to Chesterfield town center now so yep new mall moving further west.
MIDLO

Richmond, VA

#9 Oct 15, 2010
Trash just keeps moving good people further West
Harry Balliger

Richmond, VA

#10 Oct 15, 2010
If you ever want to see a gorilla pusing a shopping cart go to Wal-Mart on the first of the month. It is amazing to watch! The gorillas load stuff in the cart so fast you would think they have free money or something.
unknown

United States

#11 Oct 15, 2010
Harry Balliger wrote:
If you ever want to see a gorilla pusing a shopping cart go to Wal-Mart on the first of the month. It is amazing to watch! The gorillas load stuff in the cart so fast you would think they have free money or something.
Trash... you know your people. They're all just like you because if you were not trash you wouldn't know trash. take that to the bank and make a deposit.
Real Change

Richmond, VA

#12 Oct 15, 2010
Someone struck a "mid month" nerve. Are you happier on the 1st of each month?
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#13 Oct 15, 2010
MIDLO wrote:
Just a matter of time now before Powhatan has a Town Center like Chesterfield. The trash took over cloverleaf and it closed they are working on doing that to Chesterfield town center now so yep new mall moving further west.
the reason cloveleaf closed was not related to trash like you say.
generally the life of a mall is roughly 30yrs. get your uneducated fox facts straight. somehow i don't see WAL-MART closing because of your "trashy" observations. the only thing left if for your kind to GET OFF THIS PLANET!!!!!!!!!!
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#14 Oct 15, 2010
dave wrote:
sorry Powhatan.Soon your county will be over run by fat lazy people on larks.Remember you now need to mark your calender to avoid their free food riots.You can take the "how to handle a walmart course" online now,I think.This will prepare you for the sites and sounds of wally world.Do not attempt to go there until you are prepared,its life changing.
are you calling that area being populated with poor folk? i hardly think so. you are just a racist pig. many mixed-breeds were there before your ugly face appeared. GOD bless wal-mart and the jobs that it will bring. sounds like you are a disgruntled super low volume mini-box retailer. say bye-bye to your racist business.
Real Change

Richmond, VA

#15 Oct 15, 2010
not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
the reason cloveleaf closed was not related to trash like you say.
generally the life of a mall is roughly 30yrs. get your uneducated fox facts straight. somehow i don't see WAL-MART closing because of your "trashy" observations. the only thing left if for your kind to GET OFF THIS PLANET!!!!!!!!!!
Nothead, get YOUR facts straight and stop the denial process. The reason Cloverleaf closed is because........WHITE FLIGHT, period.
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#16 Oct 15, 2010
MIDLO wrote:
Trash just keeps moving good people further West
good peo0le? that would mean who? GET OFF THIS PLANET!!!!!!!
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#17 Oct 15, 2010
Real Change wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people call it progress, I call it "traffic". I hope Powhatan doesn't progress into midlothian. They can keep that place. Soon 60 will be just as pathetic as 360 from Genito to Woodlake. Also, in reference to some elses polite comment- Ummm yeah, don't go to walmart on the 1st of the money. It's freebie day!
don't guess what, i've never seen a wal-mart shut down b/c of a significant number of poor folk. poor folk is what keeps them in business. you teabaggers are the ones letting this country down by not spending, so shut up about poor folk. i would rather have a store full of poor folk spending money than a handful of you cheap charlie teabaggers just browsing and complaining. browsers do not pay the bills, stay home if you can't stand poor folk.
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#18 Oct 15, 2010
Harry Balliger wrote:
If you ever want to see a gorilla pusing a shopping cart go to Wal-Mart on the first of the month. It is amazing to watch! The gorillas load stuff in the cart so fast you would think they have free money or something.
one day you will discover that your family tree evolved from a brood of snakes. go back in your hole satan.

Since: Oct 10

Richmond, VA

#19 Oct 15, 2010
Harry Balliger wrote:
If you ever want to see a gorilla pusing a shopping cart go to Wal-Mart on the first of the month. It is amazing to watch! The gorillas load stuff in the cart so fast you would think they have free money or something.
this coming from someone whos family tree is a stick... you really should just cease to be
Obama

Richmond, VA

#20 Oct 16, 2010
Keep the trash in Richmond

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powhatan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prison Officers Alone 2 hr Prison Officers A... 1
Richmond needs a Sambos Restaurant Aug 18 Jerry Dilddo 2
Both Sides Wrong Aug 18 Jerry Dilddo 2
Bluegrass Music at The County Seat Restaurant -... (Jul '16) Jul '16 mmelvin 1
Debate: Marijuana - Powhatan, VA (Aug '10) Apr '16 jeanette farrar l... 3
News Powhatan murder defendant says Taliaferro shoot... (Mar '09) Apr '16 jeanette farrar l... 5
Commonwealth Attorney (Jan '15) Jan '15 Belona Ben 1

Powhatan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powhatan Mortgages