Man struck on I-270 dies | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A man who ran in front of a tractor-trailer on I-270 on the West Side this week died yesterday at Mount Carmel West hospital.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rubymae

Alameda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

I guess we will never know why.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

How utterly selfish, I have absolutely no pity for the guy. First he willing involved an innocent unknowing person in his demise. Possibly tarnishing this person for the rest of their life for this idiots own selfish wants. Second he was a quitter, he quit the ultimate game. You canít quit, nothing in life is that bad.
NotImprest

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

I just wish when they do these stories, they would give enough details to know wheather this was suicide or just a bad mistake.
I hate the thought of ruining someone elses life over a cat, money, or looking for "an exit."(suicide)
Still we need to have feelings for his family, the truck driver and his family.
Please keep ALL the ones mentioned in your prayers.
ghgc

Mount Gilead, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

he should have stayed home and watched one life to live
Annie

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

It is so very sad that this happened... no matter what WE feel.... the family should be considered they do have feelings....Its bad enough their loved one is gone ..but to talk about that which you dont know in such terms is so uncalled for... My heart goes out to that Trucker he has to live with this for the rest of his life... Compassion Consideration for others seem to be a thing of the past anymore.... thats a SHAME....
Joe

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

A Concerned US Citizen wrote:
How utterly selfish, I have absolutely no pity for the guy. First he willing involved an innocent unknowing person in his demise. Possibly tarnishing this person for the rest of their life for this idiots own selfish wants. Second he was a quitter, he quit the ultimate game. You canít quit, nothing in life is that bad.
Man, you are one cold SOB.
School board employee

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

May the family of Mr. Reed and the truck driver find the peace that only come through Christ Jesus.
heaven

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

when your down and troubled and you need a helping hand
call on me and I will be there, ain't it good to know that you have a friend
for Heavens sake

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

This man is someones child, someone's friend...he mattered. My sister witnessed this, and yes she was deeply affected, as was everyone involved, BUT.....ultimately it is about this man and the deep pain he must have been experiencing. How awful it must have been to experience this much hopelessness. It is easy to second guess. I pray for his family, that they find strenght to make it through this difficult time.

“I wake up and piss excellence”

Since: Nov 09

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

This chap must've had a case of "the Mondays".
dman

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

for Heavens sake wrote:
This man is someones child, someone's friend...he mattered. My sister witnessed this, and yes she was deeply affected, as was everyone involved, BUT.....ultimately it is about this man and the deep pain he must have been experiencing. How awful it must have been to experience this much hopelessness. It is easy to second guess. I pray for his family, that they find strenght to make it through this difficult time.
It definitely seems like a suicide and it wouldn't be the first time somebody has used a freeway for this purpose. People jump off of overpasses into oncopming traffic or head the wrong way into a rush hour traffic in hopes of ending it all.

It's hard to imagine why somebody would kill themselves and I won't pass judgment on that, but I can't feel too much remorse when somebody decides to directly involve others in their self-imposed departure.

If this guy did try to kill himself, I hope that his final days were filled with agony and regret because what he did hurt so many people. He forced somebody to assist him in his efforts and that person might never be the same again. Anybody who is that selfish deseres no sympathy no matter how tortured they might have been.

Eat a bullet, pipe your car's exhaust into the passenger compartment,drop a toaster in your bath tub but don't force sombody else to do what you don't have the guts to pull off on your own.
Whatever

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

Not only did he force someone else to kill him, but he risked the lives of the truck driver and other motorists. The trucker tried to swerve to keep from hitting him. What if the truck driver had lost control and killed himself or an innocent person?

Very selfish indeed! As someone else said, if you are going to kill yourself, have the guts to do it yourself. Don't ruin other people's lives simply because you don't value your own.
megalulz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

What's with the west side freeway deaths lately? Sounds like that movie "the happening" where people just inexplicably try to suicide.
the man

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

this guy had a wife a child money problems and a girlfriend. he made a mess and took the easy way out. no pity for him. i feel bad for those left behind.
Harry Ballzak

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

the man wrote:
this guy had a wife a child money problems and a girlfriend. he made a mess and took the easy way out. no pity for him. i feel bad for those left behind.
If what you say is true his plate was full of self created problems.It would have been better to ditch the GF,try to get back with wife and child and work on the money issues.
old hippie

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

when jumpin in front of a semi make sure you jump far enough over so you don't have to suffer....you know jump in the middle of the front of the truck
good ol harry

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Harry Ballzak wrote:
<quoted text>If what you say is true his plate was full of self created problems.It would have been better to ditch the GF,try to get back with wife and child and work on the money issues.
didn't get any chuckles the first time huh Harry? So you thought you'd give us an encore -- a self requested encore that is.
Cru Jones

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

School board employee wrote:
May the family of Mr. Reed and the truck driver find the peace that only come through Christ Jesus.
If Jesus, God and that Ghost spirit are so great, why did they let this happen?

We need to find meaning in life through more substantial ways, not antiquated made-up supersitions and myths. Maybe people see through all this nonsense and don't think there's more meaningful ideas to believe in.

I have nothing against suicide if you're in the right mind when making that decision (free of mental illness, exaggerated emoitions, drugs, ect.) but it's wrong to involve someone else. Seriously, just buy a few bottles of pills and lay down on your coach with a note on the door.
Hilliard mom

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Cru Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus, God and that Ghost spirit are so great, why did they let this happen?
We need to find meaning in life through more substantial ways, not antiquated made-up supersitions and myths. Maybe people see through all this nonsense and don't think there's more meaningful ideas to believe in.
I have nothing against suicide if you're in the right mind when making that decision (free of mental illness, exaggerated emoitions, drugs, ect.) but it's wrong to involve someone else. Seriously, just buy a few bottles of pills and lay down on your coach with a note on the door.
What more substantial ways are you referring to? There is nothing more meaningful then Jesus and God. More people should turn to them everyday and in times of trouble, especially you with your talk of suicide.
Mel

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

A Concerned US Citizen wrote:
I agree completely! Suicide is one of the most selfish acts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Powell Discussions

Search the Powell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Famous quotes and books! 24 min Duke for Mayor 51
retreve your hearts 34 min -faye-copley 1
Police: East side man posed as cop, tried to ra... 42 min yeah baby 4
Mayor Coleman Bristles When Discussing GOP Snub... 45 min yeah baby 1
Review: Buckeye Auto Tint 47 min john kenney 3
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 48 min Duke for Mayor 105
godly hearts 49 min Reynoldsburger No Onion 2
•••
•••