mmm15937

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42253202/ns/busin...

Good story about how fast section 8 homes can destroy a new neighborhood.

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

So......who is ultimately at fault in this situation?
bystander

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

I live in section 8.it is wonderful.I love not having a house payment, rent or have to pay some white person anything to live in they house.The government very good to me.they furnish me house, transportation,and food.Why do I need to get a job when you have everything you need.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2011

Judged:

mmm15937 wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42 253202/ns/business-us_business /
Good story about how fast section 8 homes can destroy a new neighborhood.
No its a good story about how greedy investors/landlords that take section 8 in the 1st place can destroy a neighborhood.
LeftiesSmellBad

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2011

Judged:

I know I have been enoying Section 8 housing.

Purchase a foreclosure with cash, fix it up, rent it out to a Section 8 Cert., and then hit the bank up for a loan on the house to purchase another one.

Have a good steak dinner to celebrate and do it all over again - LOL!

Great business model! Especially considering how many foreclosures we have here in D'ville. It is like an endless resource. This whole place will be nothing but rentals before long. HeHeHe!
LeftiesSmellBad

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2011

Capitalism at its best!
thegameisafoot

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2011

bystander wrote:
I live in section 8.it is wonderful.I love not having a house payment, rent or have to pay some white person anything to live in they house.The government very good to me.they furnish me house, transportation,and food.Why do I need to get a job when you have everything you need.
Hello Paul from Carrollton, changing login names again.
Roz

Marcus Hook, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Judged:

I hate the comments. Many people on Sec8 are trying hard to do better and is thankful and do better to let go Sec 8. Not stay in the shadow of the gov. Way think so lazy? Always trying to get over and make it harder for those that need the help. I have but I work 40 hrs a week to set example to my fam.
bam

Bremen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Roz wrote:
I hate the comments. Many people on Sec8 are trying hard to do better and is thankful and do better to let go Sec 8. Not stay in the shadow of the gov. Way think so lazy? Always trying to get over and make it harder for those that need the help. I have but I work 40 hrs a week to set example to my fam.
Some are but most aren't.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Roz wrote:
What do you do for a living? How many people are living in your house?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Judged:

Only problem with Section 8 from what I have been told from friends that do it this way, is that the renters tear the place up, will not let you inspect your property routinely or have more than the allotted people allowed there. Do not know if this is fact or not. Just passing info.
rebel

Tallapoosa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

Judged:

People who rent to people on section shouldn't be surprised when they get screwed..Section 8 is another Government program these folks get for being non productive..
It would be different if it was temporary but in most cases these same people are on all the freebies that the Government has to offer..
The sad thing is we the tax payer are paying for these parasites..Generation to generation this is their way of life as they work hard to screw the system instead of working for a living.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

Judged:

entitlements for the parasites will never leave. the system is refined for the leechers of this nation.
until you can get rid of all the democrats or rinos, there will always be money for those that do not contribute to the overall.
mark my words. because of the indifference to the republican party tea party and any other side within the republicans, obama will be reelected. too many people will be voting for their candidate and split the vote amongst the repubs. then you will have all the bleeding heart whites and black voting for the president because he is black...end result, the president is in for another four years. locally you will probably have repubs voted in at local levels and then there is the debacle. enough dems will be left in office to stop anything that the repubs want to do in either the senate or congress. plain and simple. stagnant economy. veto by the pres will result in the necessary 2/3 vote that will not happen.
if you looked at cspan and watch the congress side, notice the speakers on the dem side. you will find the ones whining on their side are members of the progressive congressional caucus. the opposite of the tea party. far left vs far right. nothing will change. the u.s.is spiraling downwards. inevitable. hate to say it.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

As long as there is not a third party running, I feel Obama is VERY vulnerable. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but if this anti-government(Obama-in particular) continues, Obama may be in for the "run" of his life. He won't get ALL the breaks like he did the last time. This time he has a VERY poor record following him around. The Independents will be the deciding factor and right now...they AIN'T on his side. I simply will NOT give up hope until the last vote is counted.
Ima Coffin

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

so whats the end of the story?She got kicked out for not paying her $20 she was supposed to pay each month in rent.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

Judged:

I known plenty of investors who would not rent there houses to section 8 renters.
1. Because they value their investment
2. Because they know that the maintenance on section 8 housing is 3 times that of a traditional renter
3. They take pride in their investments
4. All of the above are values a section 8 renter does not afford or do they care Too

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Judged:

I stand by every statement I ever made on this subject. Which is you can't go after the renters without going after the people who profit from the program. Section 8 landlord can make at least 2x more renting section 8 then they can renting to a regular working person. I think section 8 as well as other social programs such as food stamps should have a time limit on it.
Mrsifill11

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Section 8 is not free you have to work which means that they pay tax which then means that tax money goes to section 8 programs so all in all people that are on section 8 are paying in to it,(well the ones that work) its not free you need to have some sort of income

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

elementaryhistoryteacher wrote:
So......who is ultimately at fault in this situation?
It is the U.S. Governments fault. This scheme was devised to promote the Governments idea of social engineering. Their thoughts were who is going to turn down a check each month so you can go out and buy another home? Who is going to turn down a house that is almost free to live in? This means that poor people would move into middle class neighborhoods forcing the middle class to associate with poor and less educated people. A great deal for the section 8 moochers and those that sold out to the section 8 idea, but a really bad deal for those middle class people that worked so hard for their homes that still must live there.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

A house of your own is not a Constitutional right. Some people are and will never be prepared to live in their own house. This could be due to their financial situations or that they just don't fit into a structured neighborhood situation. Some people just do not want the responsibility of a house and rent an apartment.
Why a section 8 person should have a home as nice or nicer than mine that I worked hard to pay for really burns my a**. I had to budget, plan, save, and work hard to buy my house.I have to pay for upkeep and taxes on my house. They don't have any of those inconveniences to worry about.
Call me heartless, but I don't feel badly for any of these section 8 folks. I feel bad for the people in neighborhoods that have been ruined by section 8 housing. Thank You U.S. Government.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Powder Springs News Video

•••
Powder Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Powder Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••