Comments
61 - 80 of 153 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2014
wess12

Atlanta, GA

#61 Dec 21, 2008
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> Bobby, I know Bisop Bolin and the woman he had an affair with, this has been going on for a while, yes he did confess,but only after she came forward. I am not judging anyone,but Bisops and Pastors and Leaders in the church are held to higher standard.
Then it is Robin who needs the prayers.....
wess12

Atlanta, GA

#62 Dec 21, 2008
psga wrote:
The congregation of the 7,000-member Trinity Chapel in Powder Springs learned Sunday that founding pastor Jim Bolin had stepped down from his position because of “inappropriate sexual behavior.”
Justin Harley, Trinity Chapel’s elder of counseling, later revised the church’s statement to officially include the phrase “inappropriate consensual sexual conduct with an adult woman” to explain Bolin’s departure.[of course we can't have anyone thinking he might be dallying with an adult man, now can we.....I can hear it now...."TELL THEM IT WAS A WOMAN FOR CHRISSS SAKE!!"]
That made me laugh....
wess12

Atlanta, GA

#63 Dec 21, 2008
Kim wrote:
Billy... We are long time members as well. We can trust Bishop because we know his character. Aside from this incidence, Bishop has never done anything as Pastor of our church that would make me think otherwise. Obviously, he will face the consequences of his recent wrong choices, but he still is an honorable man. That he did the right thing and stepped down tells us so. We are grieved and saddened because of the loss of our Pastor, but we can trust him because he has received forgiveness and, I believe, will continue to be the man that God has called him to be even if his future looks different than he/we thought. He and his family will heal, by God's grace. They will step into the hope and future that God has laid out for them. And, we honor them through it. We support our new Senior Pastor Jason and Sarah and look forward to healing, growth and revival in our church.
Okay Hillary, I mean Kim, when your husband cheats on you, he is honorable? Yea, okay, that makes sense.
TEK

Dallas, GA

#64 Dec 21, 2008
Leonard wrote:
My wife and I searched high and low for a new church closer to home after leaving our church of 18 years in Atlanta due to the high price of gas and the long distance we traveled. We found Trinity Chapel. We have enjoyed the services at Trinity Chapel, and I believe that the leadership in the church is paramount in setting a right and godly example for its members to follow. In light of Pastor Bolin's recent behavour, we are embarassed and ashamed, and will no longer attend this church.
My family & I are devasted by this. There is so much talk about Jim Bolin's healing. The people in the church have been hurt deeply. No matter how much people say, "I forgive him". There is a process called "grieving". If you deny yourself that process, you will be hurt even futher. Yes, I too agree with what you said. We are not sure we will be going back to Trinity.
Shai Owens

Mableton, GA

#65 Dec 23, 2008
My heart goes out to ALL involved, we as the body of Christ are to pray for our Leaders. They are humans, who daily like US has to die to our private / public struggles. May not be you today who has to face the day of recompense, however, your day is coming. It's not a matter of when or how, the fact is your day of recompense is coming and you should want to for this man of God what you would want for yourself. Shilom!
Amazed

Mableton, GA

#66 Dec 24, 2008
I have read so many of your post about how you know and love Pastor Bolin and I respect that.

My question to you is, did you know him when he was preaching to you in the pulpit while defiling his marriage for an undisclosed amount of time and possibly committing blasphemy?

I challenge you to think about this. Who have you really put your faith in?
James

Kennesaw, GA

#67 Dec 24, 2008
It's not unheard of for a pastor or anyone else for that matter to step down from their position after sinning. God does tell us in His word to cast not the first stone, and judge ye not. Pastor Bolin is simply a man, who supposedly served God, but did commit a sin of cheating on his wife. Not only do he need to repent to his wife, but God as well. Satan will always be at the forefront of trying to get us to sin, but if you say you have God in your life and is walking with Him daily, then He will help us to sustain from doing evil, but first of all you must want this for yourself. So yes, please pray for your leader and hope that Pastor Bolin will learn from his mistake, but also his wife that God will help her to open her heart to her husband (in time) that she will learn to trust him again. Lust will lead any man or woman down a road of destruction when you take your eyes off of God!
Theresa Kay

Dallas, GA

#68 Dec 27, 2008
test
Theresa Kay

Dallas, GA

#69 Dec 27, 2008
Lets be in prayer for the upcoming year 2009, that we, God's children, be a light to the world. Let's show the world how God's family works. We don't give up on each other, we are patient, kind, forgiving and we think the best in each other at all times. Even when one of us falls, we stand in the gap for each other in prayer, love, mercy & forgiveness because one day that person that falls may be us or was us!

Let's remember it is only by God's Grace that we are His children. The families in the world are broken and without hope, let's show them what happens when one of our own falls. We love them in spite of themselves! the same way God loves each of us. That's how God's family works! We must remain in good working condition!

If the world can't see the light in us, then we are all truly lost!

Let's pray the Holy Spirit will shine in each of us, so, the world can see the hope of God's love and forgiveness!

Again, let's make our Heavenly Father proud we are His children
Stunned

Loganville, GA

#70 Dec 29, 2008
I got to church today and was wondering what happened to my bishop. This blog has definitely shed a lot of light on the situation for me. In all I will put Bishop Bolin and Ms. Robin in my prayers. Bishop is truly a great man and deserves the forgiveness of his congregation and loved ones. Yes he is a leader but lets not forget that he is HUMAN first. He will be greatly missed.
TCmember

Hiram, GA

#71 Dec 30, 2008
Dana wrote:
I hope he wasn't a child molester.
That is a terrible thing to say. You must not een go to our church or you wouldn't have even come up with that.
butterfly

Powder Springs, GA

#72 Jan 2, 2009
Happy New Year Bishop, and may God bless you.
Gary

United States

#73 Jan 3, 2009
Shai Owens wrote:
My heart goes out to ALL involved, we as the body of Christ are to pray for our Leaders. They are humans, who daily like US has to die to our private / public struggles. May not be you today who has to face the day of recompense, however, your day is coming. It's not a matter of when or how, the fact is your day of recompense is coming and you should want to for this man of God what you would want for yourself. Shilom!
Shai yes we are all human,and we do pray for our leaders, but you are out of your mind to say our day of recompense is coming! Who are you to tell someone that,I don't about you but I won't have an afair, I love my wife, First of all I won't let someone or somebody put me in a place for this to happen , use your brain god put it there for a reason!!!
Gary

United States

#74 Jan 3, 2009
Amazed wrote:
I have read so many of your post about how you know and love Pastor Bolin and I respect that.
My question to you is, did you know him when he was preaching to you in the pulpit while defiling his marriage for an undisclosed amount of time and possibly committing blasphemy?
I challenge you to think about this. Who have you really put your faith in?
Amazed, I agree with you, Blasphemy is the one sin God will not forgive.
Gary

United States

#75 Jan 3, 2009
The Bookers wrote:
Bishop we are praying for you and the 1st family. All is well! The Booker Family
Saints we need to pray and keep our mouth off this man.. and pray mercy and continued grace for us all.. God forbid if your stuff were exposed...
God forbid my stuff were exposed??
So you think because he was caught in an afair,then everyone is in one also!
I don't have an afair with another woman,and then when I get caught ask everyone to forgive me and then expect everything is ok!
This is crazy, People like you is why its so hard to win people to the Lord!!!
Hope

Birmingham, AL

#76 Jan 5, 2009
I pray that God ultimately gets the glory in restoring HIS name with HIS church and HIS children.

I hurt for the people of Trinity Church.
I hurt for Bishop Bolin.
I hurt for the person involved with him.
I hurt for their families.

Satan is great at accusing and condemning people.

May Jesus Christ's healing power cover and redeem all that has been broken.

I pray....
wondering

Northbrook, IL

#77 Jan 5, 2009
Church is still growing People joined yesterday .. Such a talented Orator not Preaching is more punishment than most realize.. The Church does a great work and We are better off with Trinity Chapel than without it
Basi

Ellenwood, GA

#78 Jan 6, 2009
Yep, people did join yesterday and the word was powerful. You know it hurts my heart that Bishop is not there. But it boils down to want can we do personally in light of the situation. All we can do is pray and serve even harder..none of us has enough power to forgive the sins of man, which decide the fate of heaven or hell. I will pray, keep my mouth off him, and encourage Pastor Jason and the rest of the staff that make Trinity home for us. By the way....the word coming forth is great. Pastor Jason talked about getting back to a house of supplication and praying diligently with discipline. God can call anyone to bring his word, heck we saw that when he used a donkey on the way to Damascus, his Holy Spirit is within all of us.
Danial prayed 3 times a day to develop that deeper relationship with God. We all have to always look back at the log in our own lives...and let Gods word be the only justification. We are to apply our life to Gods word, not the word to our lives.....think about that for a second.... We are to apply our life to Gods word, not the word to our lives. See it is really all about what God desires of us, point blank!
Bishop knows he is wrong, but the human nature in us want to judge, accuse, find out the details and so forth. But it really does not matter, because you nor I can change anything. The sin has already been committed, regardless if it was a premeditated decision or something not known. One thing that burns me up is people who always want to add fire to the flame.
So my questions are this:
Has anyone one on this board served as pastor or Bishop for 25yrs, grown a church from 5 families to over 7000 members? Does anyone here know the pressures and demands of handling finances of a ministry of this magnitude? Have you been responsible for a staff or 30 plus people? Would you like it if I got in your face about your sins and put you on blast....See that brings it right to your door step.
Here let me answer it for you....Nope, and if so, then you are probably not the ones on here spewing self righteousness.
I am going to say this and end mines.....
God loves us we are his creation, God just hates the sin. That is why we love Bishop and always will. That is the passion of Trinity, to Love as Christ did, Accept any state you are in, and to forgive as Christ did when he died for our sins.
One
New to Trinnity

Cumming, GA

#79 Jan 7, 2009
My husband and I are aware of the situation at Trinnity before even attending. This will be our first night with our children attending church since we moved to GA. We dont judge, and have no right to. Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness thats all anyone can ask for. I will walk into that church tonight, keep an open mind, and pray that we found our new church home. I hope to be accepted for who we are. I bring no judgement, I will pray for the recovery of the family. Mistakes happen, we are all human. If everyones love is as strong as they say it is, I hope one day they will be able to find it in their heart to forgive and move on. Nobody knows the whole situation nor is it anyones business. This family has been thru enough.
trinity member 7 years

United States

#80 Jan 7, 2009
Just for this moment, I want to take the focus off of Bishop Bolin right now and what everyone thinks he needs from us and pay some attention to Robin and their children. Very few times is her name even mentioned. Only "the family". She is going through something tremendous right now and I only continue to read about the love, prayers and thoughts towards Bishop Bolin.

So, Robin, we love you. We are praying for you and we lift you up in the joy, strength and peace of the Lord. We pray that He will hold you tight through this and take away your confusion. And to their children, we pray the strength of the Lord for you also and that you can all band together through this and uplift eachother in the Lord.

Now, do not get me wrong. I do love my Bishop and am praying for him and his needs, but I have just felt so strongly about needing to speak out for Robin specifically on this comment panel. She is also hurting right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 min Synergy 53,708
Another armed robbery 2 hr mmm15937 2
Clint Payne - PsychoTherapist (Nov '09) 6 hr Dville22 137
Douglasville in the good ole days (Mar '10) 9 hr Raymond 123
Raymond 12 hr It is true 1
nature's point vandalism (Feb '08) 21 hr Raymond 27
$39M Foxhall Conference Center Mon General Robert E Lee 20
•••

Powder Springs News Video

•••
•••

Powder Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Powder Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Powder Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Powder Springs
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••