Details released in Powder Springs ch...

Details released in Powder Springs chief's firing

There are 2 comments on the MDJonline.com - Marietta, Georgia story from Feb 25, 2011, titled Details released in Powder Springs chief's firing. In it, MDJonline.com - Marietta, Georgia reports that:

The sale of two surplus police vehicles without a public bid or auction, an unauthorized donation of a city-owned camera system and inconsistent testimony about the sale of the vehicles are the reasons former Powder Springs Police Chief L. Rick Richardson was fired earlier this month, according to City Manager Rick Eckert.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MDJonline.com - Marietta, Georgia.

atlantageekfreak 30127

Northport, AL

#1 Feb 26, 2011
But did he pocket any money? what i've heard is absolutely not one red cent.
Over the many years I'm aware of the city often selling items without public bids.
I own a home and have lived there for nearly 50 years and have a clear memory and indeed accurate scrap book of not only other police chiefs,but mayor,council,and others in government doing far worse and only getting slapped on the wrist if that.perhaps the worst he did was donate a city owned camera system one the city no longer needed or used.
I'm anxious to see how p.town reacts to some of the data they have managed to sweep under the carpet when it becomes widely known.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 Apr 8, 2011
actually it doesnt matter whether he didnt pocket any money he acted outside the law,throw his azz under the jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BOE member Caldwell cited for passing stopped s... 12 hr Shambaliah Circut... 7
New Coroner working 2 full time jobs? Is this... 17 hr christi 22
300 and 310 Riverside Parkway (Aug '08) Mar 25 Cashmeousside 5
racism in Douglasville.. (Feb '12) Mar 22 ChicknButt 131
News Police Raid Stores for Gambling Machine (Nov '11) Mar 21 Tolerman 39
Poll What was your GPA in high school? Mar 18 Tolerman 1
Rate Harvester Christian School Mar 18 Elen 8

Powder Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powder Springs Mortgages