Det. Marcus Pounds in trouble

Det. Marcus Pounds in trouble

Posted in the Powder Springs Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Anon me

Powder Springs, GA

#1 Jun 24, 2010

“Wess12”

Since: Dec 08

Douglasville

#2 Jun 24, 2010
You would think that this would of been in the sentinal today. Does the sintinal print anything negative about this county??

Since: Oct 09

D'Vegas

#3 Jun 24, 2010
Let's remember that he is innocent until proven guilty.
Busy Bee

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jun 25, 2010
This girl was a friend of mine. She is only seventeen years old. I am furious. You are suppose to be able to trust cops.
whopper

Hiram, GA

#5 Jun 25, 2010
what was she doing with him? She called for help and he arrived?
elphaba

Villa Rica, GA

#6 Jun 25, 2010
I have worked with Marcus in the past. He was a nice guy who I would not expect this type of behavior from. Everyone should wait to hear his side of the story before jumping to any conclusions.
douglas county teacher

Douglasville, GA

#7 Jun 25, 2010
I know this guy-and he is a good guy, I think. We should definitely wait until we get the whole story before rushing to judgement.
bystander

United States

#9 Jun 25, 2010
wess12 wrote:
You would think that this would of been in the sentinal today. Does the sintinal print anything negative about this county??
There was a very little piece in today's Sentinel saying that he was arrested and charged with simple battery from allegations made from the 17 year old girl. He is on unpaid leave. It didn't go into any details about the allegations.
Get Real

Lithonia, GA

#10 Jun 25, 2010
Busy Bee wrote:
This girl was a friend of mine. She is only seventeen years old. I am furious. You are suppose to be able to trust cops.
TRUST COPS??? Go back and look at the dishonest, corrupt and "serving time" police & deputy's in Douglas County over the last few years.

To be a samll community, we have had our fair share of "Protect & Serve" criminals.
DCstinksNow

Roswell, GA

#11 Jun 25, 2010
douglas county teacher wrote:
I know this guy-and he is a good guy, I think. We should definitely wait until we get the whole story before rushing to judgement.
I have known Marcus for 25 years. This does not sound like him at all. I want to hear the entire story before passing judgement.
Tucker

Winder, GA

#12 Jun 25, 2010
I am sorry but I know Marcus and this doesn't sound at all like him, the girl could be lying, it is innocent until proven guilty, not vice versa. Maybe she thinks she will gain something. Maybe it is a love affair gone bad and now she wants revenge, you have no idea at all the possibilities. People should refrain from comment on both parties untilt he truth is found. We are very fortuante, there are corrupt cops everywhere, you will find in every big and small town, but we have very few incidents of this here where we live in DC and we have wonderful men and women, including Marcus, putting their lives on the line for us day and night. Funny how the whole town can now turn their back on him at a moment's notice.
smlltwngrl

Buford, GA

#13 Jun 25, 2010
im an 18 year old girl and have known marcus since i was little he's been there with my family good and bad.he has gotten myself out of trouble at times i know he wouldnt do anything like this its not like him. Marcus is one of the best cops in douglas county..compaired to the others we have.
Douglasville

Roswell, GA

#14 Jun 25, 2010
Did this young girl get in trouble by Marcus, and this is her way of paying him back? I'm sorry, but Marcus is an upstanding man. This is to this girls friend who posted. I do believe that Marcus is engaged. I know that he was, but it has been several months since I last talked to him. Maybe a police officer posts on here and can shed some light without giving out too much info. Sorry, but until I hear the evidence I do not believe this 17 yr old in the least bit. Probably one of those trouble makers across the tracks, who's pissed at him for busting her doing something she shouldn't have been doing. If Marcus did truly do this, it will come out in court. Until then I do not buy this BS for one second.
Wren

Milledgeville, GA

#15 Jun 26, 2010
Marcus is a great cop/detective in Douglas County for the past 15 years. Everyone on this site loves to convict people over simple allegations and I think its sad that you can truly ruin someone's reputation that they have worked their entire life to build simply by making a compliant to the police? I hope people r starting to understand that this site and other news sources love stories like this because it sells adds during their commercials, wow has this country/county lost the ability to use common sense. Just let the facts play out before we convict this law enforcement officer simply based on a troubled 15 year olds allegations.
Huh

Bremen, GA

#16 Jun 26, 2010
Wren wrote:
Marcus is a great cop/detective in Douglas County for the past 15 years. Everyone on this site loves to convict people over simple allegations and I think its sad that you can truly ruin someone's reputation that they have worked their entire life to build simply by making a compliant to the police? I hope people r starting to understand that this site and other news sources love stories like this because it sells adds during their commercials, wow has this country/county lost the ability to use common sense. Just let the facts play out before we convict this law enforcement officer simply based on a troubled 15 year olds allegations.
15 years as a cop in Dougas County? Do you even know who is being discussed on this thread? The person they are talking about hasn't been a cop for even 5 years.
miajoon

Atlanta, GA

#17 Jun 26, 2010
I dont know Marcus, but I have known a number of his extended family over the past 40 years. Hard working, decent folks. Several have been in DC law enforcement. I hope it is not true. The facts will come out.
douglasville

United States

#18 Jun 28, 2010
okay first off to everyone and their beliefs this young girl trusted marcus and his fiance they took her in when she had nowhere to go so for her to lie about this would be stupid because she trusted them...many people dont know but she PASSED her polygraph test and marcus FAILED his....sooooo stop assuming things this young girl was taken advantage of and the truth will surely come to light so everyone just hang tight and justice will be served! come on now he said he was helpin her with her adjust her seat but if thats true then why would she call the cops and PASS her test and he failed...he may be a good man but everybody makes mistakes and should be forgivin but right is right and wrong is wrong....
Curious

Douglasville, GA

#19 Jun 28, 2010
Ok I'm a little confused here. The news report states he was arrested for battery for "improperly touching" the girl. Would that not fall more along the lines of sexual battery???
You are right

Bremen, GA

#20 Jun 28, 2010
Curious wrote:
Ok I'm a little confused here. The news report states he was arrested for battery for "improperly touching" the girl. Would that not fall more along the lines of sexual battery???
It should.

Since: Nov 08

Douglasville, GA

#21 Jun 28, 2010
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
15 years as a cop in Dougas County? Do you even know who is being discussed on this thread? The person they are talking about hasn't been a cop for even 5 years.
Reread the post. Wren was talking about the girl being 15 years old, not Marcus having 15 years of service. And, yes the 15 was still a mistake the girl was 17 years old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Deya's Dominican Hair Salon (Aug '11) Thu Ellen 19
Douglas County Public Safety Alert Jun 22 Henry 20
D & B Pharmacy busted for illegal DRUGS 2 (Nov '11) Jun 21 Unknown 10
Vote For Donald Trump Jun 21 ChicknButt 28
City of Douglasville Jun 21 Sam 5
No SPLOSH for Foxhole Jun 20 Dan 53
Review: Diamond Traders (Jun '10) Jun 20 Jim 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powder Springs Mortgages