Happy

Douglasville, GA

#1 Dec 6, 2012
I am looking for a locally owned residential service mine recently was bought out by one of the "big" guys and week one already off to a bad start so any recomendations would be great; I have searched the internet and the places I have called have also been bought by this same company. Any recomendations would be appreciated.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Happy wrote:
I am looking for a locally owned residential service mine recently was bought out by one of the "big" guys and week one already off to a bad start so any recomendations would be great; I have searched the internet and the places I have called have also been bought by this same company. Any recomendations would be appreciated.
Give "Hometown" a try. I have used them for years and they have never missed a pickup. They even make backdoor pickups. They always put the lids back on my cans. The absolute best one that I have ever used and I used several with great dissatisfaction.
Overbilled

Smyrna, GA

#3 Dec 13, 2012
My company was also bought out. A-ok? When I first moved out to the sticks I thought it was weird there were these small garbage companies. I am sticking with Waste Management awhile: we pay for the "privilege" to recycle now (through the old a-ok) but friends with WM get it free. I'll give them a month.
GetYourFactsFirs t

Douglasville, GA

#4 Dec 15, 2012
Happy wrote:
I am looking for a locally owned residential service mine recently was bought out by one of the "big" guys and week one already off to a bad start so any recomendations would be great; I have searched the internet and the places I have called have also been bought by this same company. Any recomendations would be appreciated.
I know I was using H and H and they were bought out by Waste Industries "I think"......?? Not sure, but agree with you.....already off to a bad start.
Pincone

Douglasville, GA

#6 Dec 28, 2012
I'm now 4 weeks into the new Waste Management service after they bought A-OK. So far I'm not impressed. First week my trash wasn't picked up. I called the office. That was the first I was told that A-OK was sold. Was told my new pickup time was now 5:30 AM and needed to bring cans up the night before. That has been the only time they picked up at 5:30 - since then it was 8:30 or later They missed yesterday's pick-up completely. Got a flyer in the mailbox for CCS - Compact Container Service. They are offering curbside pickup for $13.00 a month. Cheaper than WM. Might be giving them a call if this wonderful service continues.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#7 Dec 28, 2012
Pincone wrote:
I'm now 4 weeks into the new Waste Management service after they bought A-OK. So far I'm not impressed. First week my trash wasn't picked up. I called the office. That was the first I was told that A-OK was sold. Was told my new pickup time was now 5:30 AM and needed to bring cans up the night before. That has been the only time they picked up at 5:30 - since then it was 8:30 or later They missed yesterday's pick-up completely. Got a flyer in the mailbox for CCS - Compact Container Service. They are offering curbside pickup for $13.00 a month. Cheaper than WM. Might be giving them a call if this wonderful service continues.
A-OK did send out notices... but I put mine in the junk mail pile. My husband opened it, otherwise it would have been thrown away.

It came on the new company's stationary and was addressed to Rebecca OR Current Resident so it looked like typical junk mail and nothing on the envelope signified it was from A-OK. I thought at the time that most people would simply discard it like I had.

Very sad to see A-Ok go and sad to read all these comments about other locals being bought out as well. They will raise their prices when the competition has been squeezed out and without competition there will be no need for decent service standards either.
Pincone

Douglasville, GA

#8 Dec 28, 2012
RebeccaDogLover wrote:
<quoted text>
A-OK did send out notices... but I put mine in the junk mail pile. My husband opened it, otherwise it would have been thrown away.
It came on the new company's stationary and was addressed to Rebecca OR Current Resident so it looked like typical junk mail and nothing on the envelope signified it was from A-OK. I thought at the time that most people would simply discard it like I had.
Very sad to see A-Ok go and sad to read all these comments about other locals being bought out as well. They will raise their prices when the competition has been squeezed out and without competition there will be no need for decent service standards either.
True. The irony was I got the notice of the change in service on the very day the service changed - and after I called them that morning.
The Revealer

Carrollton, GA

#9 Dec 29, 2012
Don't use anyone if they are religious. Consult me. I am perfect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Relecting Persons guarantees another employee e... 6 hr lol 5
Bill Wininger on tv commercial 14 hr time to pray 2
The Hoax / exposure Fri The Exposure 5
Free places to eat for your birthday in Douglas... (Sep '10) Fri Elmer 13
Why does Douglasville have 2 Attoneys Aug 27 Curious 6
Dr. Pritz and his 10.8% Aug 26 Helpingout 7
Why don't we have mosquito spraying anymore? (Jul '10) Aug 26 Concerned citizen 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powder Springs Mortgages