Ground game' helped Alexander win Geo...

Ground game' helped Alexander win Georgia House seat

There are 9 comments on the Sandy Springs Neighbor story from Nov 22, 2012, titled Ground game' helped Alexander win Georgia House seat. In it, Sandy Springs Neighbor reports that:

Kim Alexander said she was a "little overwhelmed" following her recent victory in the election for the Georgia House District 66 seat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sandy Springs Neighbor.

BlackBall

Douglasville, GA

#1 Nov 22, 2012
So more Atlanta BLACK thug politics hitting DC I see. They bought this election just like they have all other in East Douglas County.

" House Democratic Caucus chairwoman Rep. Stacey Abrams, D-Atlanta, said her group had targeted the District 66 race as winnable."

AND the RACE card was in FULL force..

"In addition, the demographics of the district appeared favorable to a Democrat, Abrams said.

Never tell me Blacks are not the most racist people in America. All they care for is what color your skin is....

What ever happened to electing someone based on being the best candidate, Abrams ?
pathetic

Douglasville, GA

#3 Nov 23, 2012
Voters were faced with a choice of Bob Snelling or Kim Alexander.

Bob had one thing on his mind - fight the Affordable Care Act.

Kim Alexander actually wants to work for her constituents, improve education, review property taxes and improve the local economy.

The choice was clearly about issues.

Race only played a part in the election in that the voters soundly rejected the "white good-ol' boys" network that Snelling was so tied into.

The people are taking their government back. Don't be a sore loser.
Puzzled

Villa Rica, GA

#4 Nov 23, 2012
pathetic wrote:
Voters were faced with a choice of Bob Snelling or Kim Alexander.
Bob had one thing on his mind - fight the Affordable Care Act.
Kim Alexander actually wants to work for her constituents, improve education, review property taxes and improve the local economy.
The choice was clearly about issues.
Race only played a part in the election in that the voters soundly rejected the "white good-ol' boys" network that Snelling was so tied into.
The people are taking their government back. Don't be a sore loser.
This, in itself, is a racial post. Think before you type.

Good day.
pathetic

Douglasville, GA

#5 Nov 23, 2012
Puzzled wrote:
<quoted text>
This, in itself, is a racial post. Think before you type.
Good day.
Not really.

Good day.
a mom

Suwanee, GA

#6 Nov 23, 2012
This white woman is thrilled to NOT have another old white man in the Georgia legislature. Our state is at or near the bottom of any kind of rankings. The current legislators have done very little/nothing to move Georgia ahead in education, housing stability, job creation, etc.
Voter

Douglasville, GA

#7 Nov 23, 2012
I agree, Blacks and the Democratic are the new Racist party.

I read the article the same way...Black skin = Democrat
a mom

Suwanee, GA

#8 Nov 23, 2012
It is not a shock that many African Americans vote Democratic. But - most Latinos vote Democratic, most Asians vote Democratic, most Jewish voters vote Democratic, and I believe that the Young vote went Demcratic this election and last election. AND I believe that the female vote went Democratic this election. So --are you not outraged by that? Additionally - many white voters vote white. Are you not outraged by that?
BigDummy1

Douglasville, GA

#9 Nov 23, 2012
a mom wrote:
It is not a shock that many African Americans vote Democratic. But - most Latinos vote Democratic, most Asians vote Democratic, most Jewish voters vote Democratic, and I believe that the Young vote went Demcratic this election and last election. AND I believe that the female vote went Democratic this election. So --are you not outraged by that? Additionally - many white voters vote white. Are you not outraged by that?
The election demographics this year couldn't paint a more precise picture. Almost everybody in the country, with the exception of white males, doesn't feel that the Republican party has their best interests at heart.

That of course is the key problem facing Republicans in future elections. At the very heart of what the party they represent big-money, the wealthy and the corporate, to the exclusion of others.

Sure the Reps can try to shut up about abortion, maybe soften their stance on immigration, maybe even shut up about gay rights, but they are who they are - big money and corporate - and Americans are looking for a party who represents more than that to lead their government these days.

Republicans are going to be a dying breed. Even now, so many Republicans are suddenly chanting "I'm not a Republican"...
sky

Douglasville, GA

#10 Dec 13, 2012
Democrats win by SELLING their votes. "Vote for me and I'll GIVE you a free house, free car, free medical care, free phones, free food..." Minorities vote for them because they're stupid. Where do you think the money comes from to pay for all of your "free stuff"? TAXES! "Review" property taxes? Do you really think that's going to happen? They'll RAISE them to pay for YOUR "free" stuff. You all just shot your own lazy foot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Highway 5 Chick-Fil-A 16 hr DvilleStar 3
Judge Neal Dettmerring (Apr '14) Tue Karen R 13
See Ya Whitey!!! Dec 5 FOS 9
23yr old girl died at Douglas General Hospital ... (Aug '11) Dec 2 BJM 16
After Thanksgiving Crime not reported??? Dec 1 Raj 7
Judge Robert James (Jul '07) Nov 30 momof4 61
anti trump loosers Nov 28 Jake Kesey 4

Powder Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance