flex service' sought for south Cobb b...

flex service' sought for south Cobb bus route ceased during recession

There are 1 comment on the MDJonline.com story from Mar 26, 2013, titled flex service' sought for south Cobb bus route ceased during recession. In it, MDJonline.com reports that:

Two years ago the county slashed three Cobb Community Transit routes because they proved too expensive to operate in a time when the recession was straining the county's budget.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MDJonline.com.

The Hills have Eyes

Powder Springs, GA

#1 Apr 4, 2013
Well, ultimately we need commuter rail in metro Atlanta and South Cobb, but I guess it's just never going to happen here. People associate curb-to-curb bus service with "people who can't afford cars", hence, "ghetto", hence, "no way" - so I don't see a huge expansion of the flex route... though the Xpress commuter buses could expand and are popular with a variety of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paulding removes security screening for voters (Oct '14) 13 hr Babypoo 2
WHY DO WHITE WOMEN want to date BLACKS? (Oct '10) 18 hr Yolerman 252
Deputy Matt Harper was not arrested 23 hr Really 8
The Roof 23 hr Edward 2
Jennifer Knight for Judge - DUI With Child In T... (Sep '10) Apr 20 Client7054 96
23yr old girl died at Douglas General Hospital ... (Aug '11) Apr 20 Sneed 22
Snakes in Douglasville area (Mar '13) Apr 20 Heidelberg 14

Powder Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powder Springs Mortgages