jamal

Carrollton, GA

#1 Dec 6, 2012
I think it would be funny if someone hacked into the computer that sends out welfare checks and EBt.Stop them for 3 months and watch the crime rate increase by 100%.The government pays the animals to not cause a problem by feeding them , and give them a house to stay

Since: May 12

Atlanta, GA

#2 Dec 6, 2012
It would also be real funny if someone hacked into the computer system that gives out all of the corporate welfare. Watch all the CEOs cause a problem by not feeding them and taking their subsidies and tax breaks away. That would be real funny.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#3 Dec 6, 2012
trystme wrote:
It would also be real funny if someone hacked into the computer system that gives out all of the corporate welfare. Watch all the CEOs cause a problem by not feeding them and taking their subsidies and tax breaks away. That would be real funny.
Let's take all tax breaks away, from every entity; corporate, individual, religious, non-profit, etc....Also, let's take all subsidies away from every entity as well; fair enough?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4 Dec 6, 2012
trystme wrote:
Which, specifically, subsidies and tax breaks are you referencing? Tax breaks that are legal and available to all?

Oh, tax breaks ONLY for the evil rich?

Location hidden

#5 Dec 6, 2012
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's take all tax breaks away, from every entity; corporate, individual, religious, non-profit, etc....Also, let's take all subsidies away from every entity as well; fair enough?
The FairTax would take care of the first part, there would be no tax returns (at least at the federal level, take a bit of time for the states and local entities to "catch up".

True story: I recently got into an argument/discussion with someone about the benefits of the FairTax proposal. He was against it because he would lose his mortgage interest deduction, even though he owes (I think) 6 more monthly mortgage payments, so (1) the interest "benefit" is quite minor and (more importantly)(2) he didn't understand there would be no income tax filings for which to take a deduction. Some people just don't get it...

I ended the conversation by asking him who he voted for in the recent election. He said he didn't vote, couldn't be bothered with the time needed to vote...

Atlanta, GA

#6 Dec 6, 2012
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Which, specifically, subsidies and tax breaks are you referencing? Tax breaks that are legal and available to all?
Oh, tax breaks ONLY for the evil rich?
I'm not referencing anything specifically and neither is Jamal, I was pointing out how asinine his comment is. People always look down on the welfare queens with disgust. No one ever even thinks about the corporate welfare kings. Both are disgusting to me.

New York Times: The United States of Subsidies
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/02/us/how-loca...

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#7 Dec 6, 2012
trystme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not referencing anything specifically and neither is Jamal, I was pointing out how asinine his comment is. People always look down on the welfare queens with disgust. No one ever even thinks about the corporate welfare kings. Both are disgusting to me.
And both are enabled by the elected government.

Atlanta, GA

#8 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
And both are enabled by the elected government.
yep

Atlanta, GA

#9 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Sounds good to me.

Location hidden

#10 Dec 6, 2012
trystme wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, "Jamal" was being specific and you got "called" on your post.

BTW, I wonder how many people those tax subsidies to GM benefited...

From your link:

"For local governments, incentives have become the cost of doing business with almost every business. The Times found that the awards go to companies big and small, those gushing in profits and those sinking in losses, American companies and foreign companies, and every industry imaginable.

Workers are a vital ingredient in any business, yet companies and government officials increasingly view the creation of jobs as an expense that should be subsidized by taxpayers, private
consultants and local officials said."

"In an interview, Mr.(Oliver) Stone criticized subsidies for industries like banking and agriculture but defended them for Hollywood, saying that many movies can be shot anywhere and that their actors and crew members pay state income taxes.Its good, Mr. Stone said of the film subsidies.Or like basically the way business is done. I dont understand what the moral qualm is.

One point about the above paragraph: there are (look them up) several states that DON'T have a state income tax, do you think that might impact where stars want to work?

You certainly can be disgusted, but perhaps learning more about how business in the real world works...nah...forget it...

BTW, yes "Jamal's" comment was asinine...
taterhead

Carrollton, GA

#11 Dec 9, 2012
welfare breed sows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) 1 hr Courtney Galler 12
$39M Foxhall Conference Center 4 hr taxpayer 112 41
Don't Shoot 22 hr shirley 5
time to step down Chris Thu 7+6 37
Review: Diamond Traders (Jun '10) Wed Raymond 16
Chief Redface no leader Wed dulce mia 20
Review: LT Pool Service Inc (Mar '14) Wed SDANGELO1024 4

Powder Springs News Video

Powder Springs Dating
Find my Match