Sounds like Communism
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#1 Feb 14, 2013
If this article is true this country is in bad shape.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/misso...
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#2 Feb 14, 2013
Is the article true? What do you think?

It's typical right-wing trash reporting based on a kernel of truth.

The article just says "confiscate firearms" and "turn in weapons". Very generic, don't you think? However I suspect there is language in the proposed bill that limits this to high-capacity assault-type weapons.

But you'll never know, as long as you get your news from that source. Why? Because the author chose to just publish (in their words) "part" of the bill.

This isn't news. It's not reporting. It's irresponsible propaganda dispensing of the kind that ignorant people just love. Hey, let's not think things through, let's not ask any questions, let's just boil it down to "They're coming to get mah guns!! I'll shoot 'em first!"

It's pathetic that irresponsible drivel like this is written, and it's even more pathetic that some people are stupid enough to not be able to see it for what it is. Anybody that can't see how slanted and incomplete the article is should really be ashamed of themselves.

This article is in a fact a test - a blatant propaganda piece with zero objectivity at all- if you take this article seriously, at face value as written, you're too stupid to vote and probably shouldn't even be mingling with the rest of society.
runninghot

Winston, GA

#3 Feb 14, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
Is the article true? What do you think?
It's typical right-wing trash reporting based on a kernel of truth.
The article just says "confiscate firearms" and "turn in weapons". Very generic, don't you think? However I suspect there is language in the proposed bill that limits this to high-capacity assault-type weapons.
But you'll never know, as long as you get your news from that source. Why? Because the author chose to just publish (in their words) "part" of the bill.
This isn't news. It's not reporting. It's irresponsible propaganda dispensing of the kind that ignorant people just love. Hey, let's not think things through, let's not ask any questions, let's just boil it down to "They're coming to get mah guns!! I'll shoot 'em first!"
It's pathetic that irresponsible drivel like this is written, and it's even more pathetic that some people are stupid enough to not be able to see it for what it is. Anybody that can't see how slanted and incomplete the article is should really be ashamed of themselves.
This article is in a fact a test - a blatant propaganda piece with zero objectivity at all- if you take this article seriously, at face value as written, you're too stupid to vote and probably shouldn't even be mingling with the rest of society.
Unlike your normal post at least I had the honesty to state that I wasn't sure how true this article was.
Still after reading it if true the state government is confiscating legal items that were paid for from honest law abiding citizens. I see this does not bother you at all. Now we all know what you are and how you think.
As you show your temper on this article it shows how much you fear the people finding out just what the government is up to.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#4 Feb 14, 2013
runninghot wrote:
<quoted text>
As you show your temper on this article it shows how much you fear the people finding out just what the government is up to.
Good lord! You think this article is accurately informing people about anything?

Here's some specifics of this Bill that were conveniently not mentioned in the artictle:
TheBILL wrote:
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 571.023, to read as follows:
571.023. 1. As used in this section the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Assault weapon", any:
(a) Semi-automatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
a. A pistol grip or thumbhole stock;
b. Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;
c. A folding or telescoping stock; or
d. A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;
(b) Semi-automatic pistol, or any semi-automatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition;
(c) Semi-automatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
a. Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;
b. A folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock;
c. A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel; or
d. The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at any location outside of the pistol grip;
(d) Semi-automatic shotgun that has one or more of the following:
a. A pistol grip or thumbhole stock;
b. Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;
c. A folding or telescoping stock;
d. A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; or
e. An ability to accept a detachable magazine;
(e) Shotgun with a revolving cylinder; or
(f) Conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which an assault weapon can be assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.
/
Rather than just being a pawn of the propaganda machine, why didn't you bother to actually seek out the full text? Being lazy is how people become ignorant and stupid. It took me about 10 seconds of Google-Time to find it.

Here's the full text:
http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131...

But yeah, let's just tell people "they" are coming for all your guns. Don't you feel insulted that the author of that article assumes that you're THAT ignorant that he can boil it down to what he did? He assumes you're stupid enough to believe what he wrote, the way he wrote it.

Frackin' Republicans - They love their propaganda.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#5 Feb 14, 2013
If you want some scandalous state-level politics that ISN'T propaganda, do some in-depth reading about Mississippi abortion laws and how and why they came about.
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#6 Feb 14, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Good lord! You think this article is accurately informing people about anything?
Here's some specifics of this Bill that were conveniently not mentioned in the artictle:
<quoted text>
Rather than just being a pawn of the propaganda machine, why didn't you bother to actually seek out the full text? Being lazy is how people become ignorant and stupid. It took me about 10 seconds of Google-Time to find it.
Here's the full text:
But yeah, let's just tell people "they" are coming for all your guns. Don't you feel insulted that the author of that article assumes that you're THAT ignorant that he can boil it down to what he did? He assumes you're stupid enough to believe what he wrote, the way he wrote it.
Frackin' Republicans - They love their propaganda.
I just read the whole thing and the article is correct if you knew how to read and knew anything about firearms.
They are going to confiscate peoples legally owned guns. It is simple as that. The bill that they are trying to pass will cover no telling how many guns owned by good American citizens. You want the government to disarm Americans don't you?
Again it is not the guns that do anything wrong it is the people. Such laws as this will do nothing but make honest Americans fall prey to the criminal element or a corrupt government.
Anyone with skills and knowledge can take a 7 shot Colt 45ACP and fire rapid fire. Then reload in just about 2.5 seconds. You must Push just one button on most semi automatic guns to drop out the old magazine. Could these pistols also be classified as assault weapons? Any gun that is used to assault someone is an assault weapon. The term assault weapon was thought up by the news media and is just a term to scare people and make guns sound like they are horrible.
Why don't we start using the term assault person or assault people instead? That would make more sense. I guess that would get people to thinking about the real cause of the problem. That would be people. Keep denying and distorting the truth and just say that you want Americans unarmed and that you do not believe in the 2nd Amendment.BTW thanks for putting the whole bill online so that others may also read it.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#7 Feb 14, 2013
runninghot wrote:
<quoted text> I just read the whole thing and the article is correct if you knew how to read and knew anything about firearms.
They are going to confiscate peoples legally owned guns. It is simple as that. The bill that they are trying to pass will cover no telling how many guns owned by good American citizens. You want the government to disarm Americans don't you?
Again it is not the guns that do anything wrong it is the people. Such laws as this will do nothing but make honest Americans fall prey to the criminal element or a corrupt government.
Anyone with skills and knowledge can take a 7 shot Colt 45ACP and fire rapid fire. Then reload in just about 2.5 seconds. You must Push just one button on most semi automatic guns to drop out the old magazine. Could these pistols also be classified as assault weapons? Any gun that is used to assault someone is an assault weapon. The term assault weapon was thought up by the news media and is just a term to scare people and make guns sound like they are horrible.
Why don't we start using the term assault person or assault people instead? That would make more sense. I guess that would get people to thinking about the real cause of the problem. That would be people. Keep denying and distorting the truth and just say that you want Americans unarmed and that you do not believe in the 2nd Amendment.BTW thanks for putting the whole bill online so that others may also read it.
The human brain is amazing really. You find such convoluted ways of deceiving yourself and denying common-sense to justify your "I want" impulses.

Banning functional high-capacity fire-arms is NOT the same as saying "them feds are gonna take grandpa's huntin' rifle away" or the pistol you keep to protect your home.

It's not the same thing. To purposely insinuate that is fallacious. It is that simple.
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#8 Feb 15, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
The human brain is amazing really. You find such convoluted ways of deceiving yourself and denying common-sense to justify your "I want" impulses.
Banning functional high-capacity fire-arms is NOT the same as saying "them feds are gonna take grandpa's huntin' rifle away" or the pistol you keep to protect your home.
It's not the same thing. To purposely insinuate that is fallacious. It is that simple.
You are a prime example of a deaf and dumb Democrat. You actually have the nerve to to post part of the bill that you obviously don't understand, but you purposely left out the actual teeth of enforcement and what is to be done that is in the second half of the bill.
This bill will confiscate ( that means the government will take away) any weapon that fits the description of the criteria of the first part of the bill. This could be even hand guns the way it is written. There is no doubt that the firearms that would be confiscated must be turned in to the government in 90 days. They can't be sold or transferred to anyone anywhere. Many of these guns are worth $3,000.00 and the owners would get no compensation for them. If these guns are not turned in within 90 days the gun owners are then criminals. If you deny this you are an ignorant liar. Big of you to let me have grandpas hunting rifle, Mr. gun grabber. This bill covers so many aspects of how a gun operates and is so vague that it could possibly put almost all guns on the confiscation list.
This is the type of bill that a country run by dictator or a communist county would write and try to enforce.
To deny this just proves that you are paid by the liberal anti-gun lobby or that you want a totalitarian government to take over this country.
Yeah, start your usual screaming insults by telling everyone that reads this bill, Thanks to you, that they can't read and that they don't understand what they have just read.
Your childish raves won't work on this one. You should have read the whole bill much more carefully before you posted it.
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#9 Feb 15, 2013
Thanks again to Chickenbutt for the web site of the gun bill. I will post it again for those of you that are interested in the truth.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#10 Feb 15, 2013
runninghot wrote:
<quoted text> You actually have the nerve to to post part of the bill that you obviously don't understand, but you purposely left out the actual teeth of enforcement and what is to be done that is in the second half of the bill.
Talk about the irony! You're the one that posted that blatantly and obviously propagandist piece of crap article in the first place that omitted damn near EVERYTHING from the bill.

I did read the bill, and I understood it. I also understand politics and fully understand that there is no chance in hell of it passing in it's present form, as do the writers of it. It's an opening volley of a negotiation.

" How much you want for that 75 Pinto?"
"I was thinking of somewhere around $20,000 - it's a classic!"
"I was thinking more along the lines of $300.00. I could the steering wheel and muffler off it for a project"

Don't be such a hypocrite. And don't be such a pawn. America has a weapons problem. Nobody "wants to come take all yer guns away" - but they do want to make inroads to an unsolvable problem.

Maybe if you could stay away from the Republican Propaganda sites and add a little common-sense, reason, and willingness to work towards solving mutual problems the country would be in better shape.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#11 Feb 15, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about the irony! You're the one that posted that blatantly and obviously propagandist piece of crap article in the first place that omitted damn near EVERYTHING from the bill.
I did read the bill, and I understood it. I also understand politics and fully understand that there is no chance in hell of it passing in it's present form, as do the writers of it. It's an opening volley of a negotiation.
" How much you want for that 75 Pinto?"
"I was thinking of somewhere around $20,000 - it's a classic!"
"I was thinking more along the lines of $300.00. I could the steering wheel and muffler off it for a project"
Don't be such a hypocrite. And don't be such a pawn. America has a weapons problem. Nobody "wants to come take all yer guns away" - but they do want to make inroads to an unsolvable problem.
Maybe if you could stay away from the Republican Propaganda sites and add a little common-sense, reason, and willingness to work towards solving mutual problems the country would be in better shape.
Whats the matter Dude did runningbear eat your lunch? I think he turned the whole thing back on you making you look kind of stupid. He might be smarter than I thought he was. Bet you won't step into something like that again. LMAO
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#12 Feb 15, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats the matter Dude did runningbear eat your lunch? I think he turned the whole thing back on you making you look kind of stupid. He might be smarter than I thought he was. Bet you won't step into something like that again. LMAO
Damn BigDummy1. You're wrong AGAIN! How do you keep doing that?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13 Feb 15, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the clueless and uneducated "hide" in plain sight when they get abused. Sad, actually...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#14 Feb 15, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the clueless and uneducated "hide" in plain sight when they get abused. Sad, actually...
Funny how the narcisstic and assholish ...well.. are always you.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Feb 15, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the narcisstic and assholish ...well.. are always you.
Actually those words describe YOU and your mentor, Obama.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#16 Feb 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually those words describe YOU and your mentor, Obama.
Odd, every time they get their butt kicked in a factual discussion they want to get nasty and mean. They start calling people names when proven wrong. Frankly they act like teenage drama queens.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 15, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text> Odd, every time they get their butt kicked in a factual discussion they want to get nasty and mean. They start calling people names when proven wrong. Frankly they act like teenage drama queens.
You are 100% correct. It's EXHAUSTING dealing with those children.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#18 Feb 16, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text> Odd, every time they get their butt kicked in a factual discussion they want to get nasty and mean. They start calling people names when proven wrong. Frankly they act like teenage drama queens.
Alright, BigDummy1. I did NOT get my "butt kicked in a factual discussion". The only way you could POSSIBLY assume that is if you intentionally ignored or failed to understand every single word I've written.

Calling people names? Well, BillinDvill has a bloated ego and narcissistic streak bigger than Alaska. One of the risks you run by being an asshat everyday of your life is the chance that somebody might call you out as being an ego-bloated asshat - which is exactly the truth. He's chosen to take that risk.

But seriously dude.. your reading comprehension has GOT to improve. I call you BigDummy1 in a semi-joking manner, but I know you're not a complete idiot a full 100% of the time. You'd do a lot better if you slowed down and actually tried to understand things from time to time.

Synergy is just here for the sport of arguing with people. She's Synergy and that's her thing. Leave it to her.

Location hidden

#19 Feb 16, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, BigDummy1. I did NOT get my "butt kicked in a factual discussion". The only way you could POSSIBLY assume that is if you intentionally ignored or failed to understand every single word I've written.
Calling people names? Well, BillinDvill has a bloated ego and narcissistic streak bigger than Alaska. One of the risks you run by being an asshat everyday of your life is the chance that somebody might call you out as being an ego-bloated asshat - which is exactly the truth. He's chosen to take that risk.
But seriously dude.. your reading comprehension has GOT to improve. I call you BigDummy1 in a semi-joking manner, but I know you're not a complete idiot a full 100% of the time. You'd do a lot better if you slowed down and actually tried to understand things from time to time.
Synergy is just here for the sport of arguing with people. She's Synergy and that's her thing. Leave it to her.
Actually, YOU sound pretty arrogant and narcissistic yourself, Chicken. Reread YOUR post. You are callling roll and talking trash about those who don't agree with your liberal ideology. Me thinks thou is pretty full of thyself.:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#20 Feb 16, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, YOU sound pretty arrogant and narcissistic yourself, Chicken. Reread YOUR post. You are callling roll and talking trash about those who don't agree with your liberal ideology. Me thinks thou is pretty full of thyself.:)
ChickButt has had his/her a$$ handed to him so many times under so many names, he/she can't help but be pissed off at those that have done so...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Powder Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2016 Election - Douglas Co Commission Chairman 29 min taxpayer 112 75
Redface 1 hr No Secrets 44
News Mayor: City in 'good financial standing'; resul... 10 hr Norrie Siggers 3
derrick broughton wants to be sheriff (Oct '08) 11 hr DC-citizen 103
Who will you support for Sheriff in 2016? (Jul '14) 11 hr wess12 54
News Six qualify for sheriff so far midway through q... 12 hr wess12 6
Douglas County Sheriff 2016 12 hr wess12 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Powder Springs Mortgages